746 Massachusetts Street
Lawrence, KS 66044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tellerslawrence.com/
- Phone: 7858434111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 10:45am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chris Rieke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Teller's offers full service off-site catering for up to 250 people.
- Private Party Facilities: 2nd & 3rd levels of restaurant (not handicapped accessible) offer seating for 20-45, these are mezzanines & overlook the main dining area.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Turner 7857605629
- Special Events: Host your next party, business event or reception at Teller's. Our two on-premise private dining rooms offer exclusive seating for groups up 60. For larger groups, the full restaurant may be reserved as well. Our Event Coordinator will work with you to create exactly the event you desire. See our website for more details.
A word from Teller's Restaurant
Teller's restaurant is a lively & lovely Wine Spectator Award of Excellence winning American restaurant in a renovated 1889 bank building. Teller's offers full service for lunch & dinner. A great atmosphere for entertaining clients, perfect for a romantic night out. Located in the middle of Downtown Lawrence's thriving entertainment & shopping district on the corner of 8th & Mass., Teller's stunning atmosphere & wood-fired favorites have been a fixture since 1992.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teller's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2013I come through Lawrence every three or four months. I always make sure to have dinner at Tellers because I know it will be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere Friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2013Good atmosphere Friendly, helpful staff Busy time with graduation in town but the staff was very accommodating when I had to add a person at the semi-last minuteSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceDarryl55Dined on 5/5/2013I went to Teller's because I wanted to take my girlfriend somewhere special to celebrate our anniversary. I made reservations ahead of time and we were seated immediately at a great table. The menu itself contains a variety of delicious entrees and a variety of prices. They have a lengthy wine list full of great choices, however, we asked for the wine specials and got a great bottle of wine for only $20. The service throughout our meal was amazing. Our waitress was always attentive and made great recommendations on what to order. She gave us complimentary dessert because it was our anniversary, which I found to be a really nice gesture. Overall, I would definitely go back with my girlfriend again. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Great Date NightDrewfromLawrenceDined on 5/3/2013I went to Teller's to a date before a formal event. My date and I enjoyed amazing food, great service, and an overall very positive experience. I would highly recommend Teller's for more formal nights out, because although it was quite pricey (around $45 for the two of us), it was well worth it in this situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service and greatbreezeDined on 5/1/2013excellent service and great food. also loved the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great Customer service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Here's what stands out in my experience. I had added a comment to Tellers asking for seating up on the second story balcony if possible. When we got there, everyone else was seated on the main-floor level. When I gave my reservation to the hostess, she immediately acknowledged my request and we were escorted up to the balcony and had the most private, enjoyable, relaxed meal we could have ever wished for. This type of attention to detail is awesome. The food was enjoyable, the pace of the meal by the waitress was relaxed (as we had requested), and quite frankly, with this type of experience, we'll return.Special Features:
- The food and service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The food and service was great. However, the restaurant is in an old bank building with high ceilings and poor acoustics. We were originally seated on the mezzanine near the balcony. There was a private party in the balcony area and the noise was unacceptable for seating on the mezzanine. We asked to be moved to the main floor. The staff was happy to accommodate us. The rest of the evening was quite enjoyable.Special Features:
- We have loved Teller's forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2013We have loved Teller's for 20 years. The current management, staff and chef are excellent. Always impeccable service and good food. A fun bar scene with excellent service, creative cocktails and small plate menu. Great place to meet for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- I had outstanding service--mypppkkkkVIPDined on 3/13/2013I had outstanding service--my waiter was proactive and extremely friendly.Special Features:
- What a great place. I've beenBickymonVIPDined on 3/7/2013What a great place. I've been going to Teller's since shortly after they opened but haven't been in awhile. My meal Thursday night makes me wonder why I haven't eaten there more often. Rachel was a great server, the food was perfect and I've always loved the ambiance of Teller's. I know we'll be eating thee a lot more often now!Special Features:
- Our second visit. Party ofrfoodreviewVIPDined on 3/4/2013Our second visit. Party of 9 and the service was well done. Food was promptSpecial Features:
- The food was bad, no taste.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013The food was bad, no taste. They have changed their chef. My entree is supposed to have chicken, potatoes and vegetables. The chicken was dry. The rest are all potatoes with two small pieces of leafy green that are not edible. Those leafy green are used for presentation only. There were a lot of potatoes of different colors. I feel the whole plate is full of potatoes and there were a few tiny strings of squash. How can that considered to be vegetable. They need to change their chef. The menu used to be more Italian and now more American. They said now is fusion. I don't see any fusion. We ate much better fusion food else where. We are not going back again!
- Consistently great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013I've dined at Teller's many times since moving to Lawrence six years ago. It is a wonderful lunch spot as well as a great place to have a leisurely-paced dinner. I have never had bad service--the waitstaff is neither intrusive nor negligent--and the food is reliably excellent. I love the openness and the creative and beautiful re-purposing of a grand old bank building. The only drawback is that it is a bit noisy when it's crowded, but not so much that it ruins your meal (as in some other places in town). This is one of my favorite places to take out of town guests!Special Features:
- Teller's -- Try it, you'll like it.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013The Ribeye was outstanding and my girlfriend's covina fish was amazing. I didn't know what roasted rosemary fingerlings were but ended up being halfed small potatoes that came with the Ribeye. I ordered a side of mashed potatoes and I am 99% sure there were instant flakes and not real mashed potatoes. Also, the Ceaser Salad was tiny and the dressing wasn't that great. The waitress could have told me that roasted rosemary fingerlings are potatoes. Had I known that, I would not have ordered a side of mashed potatoes along with the Ribeye which already came with potato roasted rosemary fingerlings. The red wine we ordered was tasty. The mushroom with Italian sausage app we had was wonderful. All in all, Teller's was very very good.Special Features:
- It was the first time we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013It was the first time we had been there and a very enjoyable experinceSpecial Features:
- Back in the rotationKUChemProfVIPDined on 2/10/2013We have dined at Teller's many times and for many years. The chef and menu have undergone several changes over the years, often not for the better. We have tended to prefer other Lawrence restaurants. However, our experience this time was excellent and we will definitely have Tellers back in the rotation. The current menu provides a wide range of choices and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Our food was outstanding.GregDined on 2/9/2013Our food was outstanding. Beef tips were melt in your mouth tender. The sausage mushroom appetizer was incredible. Kind of pricey but great for a special night out.Special Features:
- We always go to Tellers whenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2013We always go to Tellers when we are in town. The food, ambiance, and service are excellent.Special Features:
- Great experience, good food/alcoholOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Great experience, good food/alcohol selections! This place is moderatly priced but offers wonderful dishes. Will definitely be back.
- Delicious! Scallops we'reOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Delicious! Scallops we're cooked perfectly! Crab risotto was amazing. Definitely our favorite spot for celebrations.Special Features:
- Tellers never disappoints.travelinKansanDined on 1/6/2013Tellers never disappoints. It always has some great standards on the menu along with some special items. Local chicken, pork, beef, etc. Generous portions, quality service, great food, and a unique decor make it a great place.Special Features:
- This is our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/6/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Lawrence. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Our server Dan was a rareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Our server Dan was a rare delight. He was friendly and polite and engaged well with our table.Special Features:
- There were six of us in ourfood4funVIPDined on 1/5/2013There were six of us in our party and our server, Jessica, was outstanding. She "bent over backwards" to make sure we were enjoying our evening together. While Jessica made our visit a good one, no one in our party was pleased with their food. The crab risotto was so salty that it was close to inedible and most of it was left on the plates. Steak that was ordered was not cooked as ordered and was, essentially, dry and tasteless. Others commented that their food was "OK" but not worthy of ordering again, and that's definitely not what we had expected. For those of us who live in the area, we won't be returning; and we certainly won't choose the restaurant for our destination when we all meet in Lawrence again.
- This used to be a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012This used to be a very good restaurant. I haven't been back for years because of 715 and other restaurants opening up. After this meal, I don't think I'll be coming back. I'll stick to 715.
- Very Disappointing....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012I have never been as disappointed in a restaurant meal as I was on New Year's Eve at Teller's. We had the 3 course meal for two and the only course that was even mediocre was dessert. The first course if shrimp cocktail was among the worst shrimp dishes I have ever had. The shrimp was extremely dry and rubbery. The main surf and turf course was barely portioned for one person, let alone two. But that was just as we'll as the steak wasn't worth eating anyway. It was supposed to be a filet and was cut about a half an inch thick. We ordered it medium rare and it was barely pink in the middle. The overall meal was just downright terrible and very overpriced for what you received. After this experience, I won't be back anytime soon.
- A little slow, but they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012A little slow, but they were very busy because it was New Years. Very courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Romance, FinanceLawrencianDined on 12/24/2012Great venue for a romantic dinner, but the menu has become limited and pricey in the past five years and the food is no longer special. It's good, but not special.Special Features:
- The price's were too high.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The price's were too high. Will not come back, except to go to the bar. Which is too bad because we love the atmosphere of Teller's, probably the best in Lawrence.Special Features:
- LawrenceDined on 12/21/2012Unfortunately Tellers Closed but a new restaurant, Merchant, moved in. Went to an event where Merchant had some wonderful tasting appetizers from their catering menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined at Tellers inDaveDined on 12/16/2012I have dined at Tellers in the past and then a week prior to this visit. Dining this weekend was an excellent experience except the waiter was not attentive almost to being non-existent.Special Features:
- There are things on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2012There are things on the menu that I do not care for (e.g., don't care for fish), but of everything I have eaten there, nothing has disappointed. I went there for a farewell dinner with two colleagues and one person who had only been in Lawrence once before, and this was easily the prime pick. Christmas - we asked for and got a window seat - and could see the lights outside. A nice menu selection (one person is a picky eater, never been there before, was afraid there would be nothing to eat - and was so wrong; loved the grilled chicken). Pork chop if fantastic. Drinks served promptly. Server was a friendly young woman; we were well taken care of. This is our go-to place in Lawrence for special occasions and visitors.Special Features:
- It was wonderful! It was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012It was wonderful! It was great food in a historic building!Special Features:
- Teller's has become one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012Teller's has become one of our go-to restaurants in town since its re-opening under new management a year or so ago. The food and wine were on par with our expectations, but our server was straight from the morgue. We're writing this one off as a fluke as all of our other previous experiences have been excellent.
- After a week of travelingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2012After a week of traveling and having poor food we were delighted to eat at Teller's. The evening was top notch. The food and service were truely outstanding. Be sure to save room for dessert.Special Features:
- We were running a bit lateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012We were running a bit late and they held our table, took our order as soon as we arrived, and made sure that we were done and on our way in time to make it to a KU basketball game! What GREAT service!Special Features:
- Met my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012I took my girlfriend here for a special night out. I had flowers delivered early, and they were waiting at our table when we arrived. The wine selection was good, and while the food was a bit over-priced, I feel like it met any expectations i had previously. It was a little busy and loud, but not too obtrusive. The service was EXCELLENT. I tipped 20% without thinking twice. All in all, I would recommend Tellers for a nice evening out if you let them know you want an intimate table and don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks.Special Features:
- We decided to celebrate ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012We decided to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary there and were not disappointed in our choice. The night of our reservation we were treated like special guests. Our server Jessica was amazing and attentive, the food was excellent (especially the pork chop and the chocolate torte), and the wine selection was impressive. We had a very memorable night.Special Features:
- Didn't meet the mark this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012Service was extremely slow and the restaurant was less than 1/2 full. Had to ask for drink refills on iced tea every time. Salads took a long time then we had another long wait before the entrees arrived. My fish was delicious but undercooked and the vegetable was cold. Steaks were very good according to those I was dining with. For the most part the quality of the food was quite good. I have been to Tellers before and the service was much better.
- We really enjoyed the foodBeckyVIPDined on 10/27/2012We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at this restaurant