Tellers: An American Chophouse
605 Main Street
Islip, NY 11751Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Tellers: An American Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tellerschophouse.com/
- Phone: 6312777070x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM - 2:30PM.
Dinner: Monday through Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM. Friday and Saturday 5:00PM - 11:00PM. Sunday 3:00PM - 9:00PM.
Gold Bar: Monday through Thursday 11:30AM - Midnight. Friday 11:30AM - 1:00AM. Saturday 5PM - 1AM. Sunday 3:00PM - 11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Edward Villatoro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available; visit our website for more information, menus and room photos or please contact Tellers directly at 631.277.7070
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions available up to 100 guests. Visit our website for more information and room photos or please contact Tellers directly.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Factor 6312777070x
- Entertainment: Please call for dates and times 631.277.7070 or check our "calendar of events" on our website for more details. www.tellerschophouse.com
- Special Events: Available; visit our website for more information, menus and room photos or please contact Tellers directly at 631.277.7070
A word from Tellers: An American Chophouse
Tellers defines an American Chophouse with classic steakhouse fare and contemporary twists on American themes. Premium cordials are offered in the Gold Bar and the extensive wine list has received awards from Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Tellers: An American Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Islip ›
Tellers: An American Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (59)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (34)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Would not go back on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We waited over an hour for our table (we had reservations) in an overcrowded bar area. We were then seated upstairs in a small, crowded and extremely noisy room. It did not get better from there. We did not get bread... Had to ask for it twice ... Waited forever for our meal and drinks. When dinner did arrive they forgot our side dishes.Special Features:
- Falling from graceRabelaisDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant used to be our go-to place to bring guests and to celebrate occasions. About a year ago, I wrote directly to your managing group to inform it that my wife & I had been displeased one evening; the group graciously gave us a gift card which we used a few months later, only to note a consistent decline. We returned two nights ago, only to find that everything - from breadbasket to Porterhouse to side dishes - were unremarkable, although the prices ($4 for a cup of coffee, $4 for club soda) took their toll. What's going on???
- Perfectly prepared, expertly servedStPaulusDined on 10/16/2014Teller's was an awesome experience, the appetizers were delectable, the entrées were perfectly cooked and seasoned, the service was attentive and chock full of tips and recommendations. The whole establishment has a great ambience and the high ceiling in the dining room projects a sense of grandeur. We went for a birthday and were treated like royalty. Remember to save room for dessert as they were scrumptious as well. As good or better than any steakhouse on Long Island or Manhattan. I look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChefKenDined on 10/15/2014This was my first visit to Tellers. The food was top-notch, the service was great. Very relaxing - we were not rushed. Friendly staff from the hostess to the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.JohnDined on 10/13/2014I took my girlfriend here for a special occasion and it couldn't be any better. I had the rib eye steak and it was more than i could ask for. Our waiter (forgot his name) was outstanding. Friendly, and extremely informative about every single item on the menu. I will be back.Special Features:
- Downhill perhaps??Eddie27Dined on 10/11/2014Good food, unquestionable. But for high priced food comes higher expectations. My $14 cocktail was severely subpar. Oysters were fantastic. My steak, (boneless ny strip), definately did not meet my expectations for a $55 steak. Too much fat, very little flavor for an aged steak. It had been a few years since we dined at tellers befor this last outing, and I have to say it's gone a bit downhill.Special Features:
- worth the trip!dininoutDined on 10/4/2014Best steak! we drove 40 minutes (in the rain) definitely worth it. Great service great food!Special Features:
- Always Great!IslanderVIPDined on 10/2/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Food is always excellent and the staff is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Wine Pairing TuesdayDinnerOutDined on 9/30/2014We recently went to Teller's for our anniversary on A Tuesday night. All three courses were delicious and perfectly paired with a wine for each course. They even personalized our dessert to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly impressed.patelnimitDined on 9/30/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in my life. From the architecture of the restaurant to the interior design to the host's attitude to the waiter's attentiveness to the delicious food to the swift service even though the restaurant was busy. If you are looking for an incredible restaurant experience and you're in the mood for some excellent steak or seafood, and maybe some wine, look no further. Check out #thevaultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourself we'llkbocklVIPDined on 9/25/2014Tellers, in a former bank building, is a stunning venue. Service is top notch and the food is spectacular (you can't miss with the steaks, and I particularly love the filet mignonette Wellington.) Sides are generously portioned to share. The rich whipped potatoes and the Brussels sprouts with pancetta are stand outs. Cocktails are served with style. The wine list is impressive. I've never gotten to dessert...maybe some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starslunchbunchDined on 9/24/2014BEST STEAKHOUSE ON L.I...building is a former bank and quite nice. They kept the bank vault which is a nice touch to house the wines. Service, food, ambiance great. Server brought our drinks immediately. $19 price fix luncheon menu the best. Choice of appetizer and/or salad and entree. Shrimp appetizer the size of lobster tails..delicious! Hamburger cooked to perfection..steak diane wonderful. Birthday gal had filet said it melted in her mouth...side of mac n cheese big enough for table of 3 with plenty left over. By far Tellers is #1 in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Welcome - Great Food!ajdineDined on 9/23/2014The art of customer service is alive and well at Tellers! Our dining experience was what we were hoping for - a quiet, delicious and well served meal - thanks to our professional server Lisa. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and Tellers made it one to remember. The lobster bisque was light and creamy at the same time, the filet Oscar and Ribeye were cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. Tellers hits the mark on all counts.Special Features:
- Almost greatnessHangryAllTheTimeDined on 9/21/2014The steakhouse in an old bank. Beautiful restaurant and bar. Wine celler is in the old vault. Excellent service. Nothing unexpected on the menu, mostly steakhouse standards. The oysters were superb. The steakhouse tater tots were quite good and the lobster Mac and cheese had a ton of lobster in it and was also very good, the porterhouse for two was perfectly cooked. The black pepper bacon appetizer wasn't very good. (next time I'll double up on the oysters!). Drink menu was varied and delicious if rather weakly poured. A must go, Long Island needs more restaurants that are on this level. Hard to find good steakhouses around here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceSubcDined on 9/21/2014I had gone to Tellers on a Sunday afternoon and I could not have had a better experience. The waitstaff was courteous, timely, and professional, and the food was extremely delicious! I have already told many friends about my experience and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Tellers for my boyfriends birthday and it was excellent. The filet was melt in your mouth delicious. At the end of the meal they gave us a complimentary ice cream with a candle to celebrate, it was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- AwesomefoodloverDined on 9/14/2014Great service and even better food. Went out of their way for my girlfriends birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendbarrygVIPDined on 9/14/2014had mixed salad dressing was awful. Salmon ok but better deals somewhere else. Would not return Had to ask server for everything
- Great diningarlgoalDined on 9/13/2014Loved the ambiance of the place. Sat in a room upstairs that only had 4 tables. Quiet enough to speak in normal voices. Our waiter couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The food was delicious and again the waiter was very helpful in explaining the menu and how things were prepared. Would recommend in the drop of a hat. Is pricey but great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- MikeMikeDined on 9/10/2014Love this place! Porterhouse is second to none. Great sides and service! Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Love TellersequineladyDined on 9/3/2014Tellers is one of our favorite places for everything from a Tuesday night to special occasions. This visit was for my 50th birthday. The wonderful staff made it a memorable night. The food was not only delicious as usual but the staff made our night fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agedbeefluvOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014the food was terrific steaks were prepared exactly as ordered creme brûlée the best warm and comfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableHowardVIPDined on 9/2/2014Teller's is becoming a Suffolk institution. The ambiance--a former bank--is wonderful and the food always is of excellent quality.Special Features:
- Best Birthday EVER!kidfriendlyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been here MANY times, but never with our daughter. She just turned 5 years old and we thought we'd treat her to a FANCY place for dinner. She LOVED it! The service was great, as they treated her like a little princess. Catered to HER every need even though it was a busy SAturday night. When we left that evening, she told us it was the best birthday ever! Thank you so much for making her feel so special. It was truly appreciated!Special Features:
- TellersEvaJDDined on 8/25/2014Very nice, pleasant atmosphere and great food. Staff very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Ancora Imparo 2AncoraImparo2Dined on 8/23/2014Great first experience. Excellent ambiance exceeded by great service, choice wine list, and a refreshing, creative version of the classics. Looking forward to my next visit already. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysMessiDined on 8/21/2014Tellers provides excellent food with presentation and service to match. I haven't been disappointed in any visit. Our last found the sides done as well as the aged signature rib eye, strip steak and filet which were perfectly prepared. The scalloped potatoes, 5 cheese mac and cheese are both crusted and flavorful. The duck fat fries used to be gratis and a token surprise. It was odd to add them added to the menu at a trivial 3$ for the table; still worth ordering. There are things on the menu that can make this a modestly priced meal. My wife and daughter split an entree which more than satisfied them. Creme brûlée and Guiness ice-cream great. Once again thoroughly pleased with the special meal provided.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTriedDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I visited here for our 1 month anniversary as it is a favorite of ours. As usual the food and service was terrific.Special Features:
- Always goodtravel2eatDined on 8/17/2014This is our go-to place for birthdays...consistently good! Ask for a table downstairs...the high ceilings of this former bank make it a wonderful space. Upstairs, while nice, is just not that special...but this in no way takes away from the great steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience once again.spriritt11VIPDined on 8/17/2014We love Tellers. We decided to eat in the bar/lounge area this time. It was a very lovely experience.. ....very intimate and quiet. The food was outstanding, as usual. We had the baked clams and shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, followed by the porterhouse for two with two orders of the truffle fries with our steak. The steak was done to perfection. We also ordered a lovely bottle of wine to go with our dinner. Great place to go!!!!Special Features:
- DarlaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have always enjoyed the meals we have had. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014We decided to go because we wanted a good steak. The New York strip was all grizzle. I was surprised they would actually serve it. The manager seemed to notice but didn't seem to care.
- Great steakkenhub24Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and great atmosphere. Steaks were amazing and the desserts were out of this world. Expensive but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceLIdinerDined on 8/16/2014First time a tellers. Greatly enjoyed the experience. Service was outstanding. Not overly burdensome but my wife realized our waiting watching from a far to make sure we did not want for anything. Probably the best service I have experienced at a LI restaurant. Food was very good, lobster mac and cheese was outstanding. I had the teller rib eye, which was very fatty even for a rib eye. Overall would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special!MFP85Dined on 8/14/2014Service was highly impressive and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never anything but excellentYMM23Dined on 8/14/2014Tellers is one of my families favorite restaurants. The food, service and ambiance are always 5 star. Tellers is a "must" for anyone who lives on Long Island !!Special Features:
- All GreatpandemoniumboutiqueVIPDined on 8/14/2014Definately try the Freemark Abbey Cabernet, it is fabulous!Special Features:
- Anniversary Week!FoodisGoodDined on 8/14/2014It was our third year celebrating end of summer before kids went to back to College during "Teller's Anniversary Week". Always so much fun tasting and enjoying the ample wine list of the night. Of course the steaks were DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBKJLVDined on 8/13/2014We have visited Tellers a lot over the years and it has always been a great dining experience. They have monthly wine events that let you taste great wines from their collection. The prices went up recently for their food, so expect to spend a decent amount for dinner. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must go toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014the filet mignon wellington is perfect. tender and tasty.Special Features: