Tellers: An American Chophouse
605 Main Street
Islip, NY 11751Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Tellers: An American Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tellerschophouse.com/
- Phone: (631) 277-7070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM - 2:30PM.
Dinner: Monday through Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM. Friday and Saturday 5:00PM - 11:00PM. Sunday 3:00PM - 9:00PM.
Gold Bar: Monday through Thursday 11:30AM - Midnight. Friday 11:30AM - 1:00AM. Saturday 5PM - 1AM. Sunday 3:00PM - 11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Edward Villatoro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available; visit our website for more information, menus and room photos or please contact Tellers directly at 631.277.7070
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions available up to 100 guests. Visit our website for more information and room photos or please contact Tellers directly.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Factor 6312777070x
- Entertainment: Please call for dates and times 631.277.7070 or check our "calendar of events" on our website for more details. www.tellerschophouse.com
- Special Events: Available; visit our website for more information, menus and room photos or please contact Tellers directly at 631.277.7070
A word from Tellers: An American Chophouse
Tellers defines an American Chophouse with classic steakhouse fare and contemporary twists on American themes. Premium cordials are offered in the Gold Bar and the extensive wine list has received awards from Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Tellers: An American Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Islip ›
Tellers: An American Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (60)romantic (59)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Very enjoyable evening!AncientWarriorDined on 11/21/2014This was our first time there. It was to celebrate our anniversary. The service was impeccable! The venue was quite unique and very romantic. We were slightly disappointed in the food, Not that it wasn't delicious, but we had heard so much about it over the years that I think we both expected to feel like it was the best meal we ever had in our lives. Not so..........we felt we certainly enjoyed our steaks from Peter Luger's to be better as well as a few others. I had a 12 oz NY Strip, and she had a nice skirt steak. We've also ordered from 2 on line beef sites like Omaha Steaks & Shaul's, and we'd rate both above this night. However, we will be back and quite and hopeful that the management will have done something by then. Thanks, BillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexDined on 11/20/2014Amazing. The best steak I ever had. Best service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie76foodie76Dined on 11/20/2014what can you say when all is great. The food as always is done to perfection my husband had the pork chop which was out of this world ask him today and you can still see him smile I had the delmonico steak and as always perfect. The lump crab cakes were great. what a great way to spend an evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon Lunch OutstandingcheechDined on 11/19/2014Came in with a friend, before heading to the airport and I must say it was a tasty lunch with amazing service. My guest was impressed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant everHappyeaterDined on 11/17/2014My daughter and boyfriend came to visit and since I very much like that to happen, I "bribe" them with as outstanding an experience as I can think of. Taking them to Tellers is an absolute winner! If they think that whenever they visit mom and dad, they'll get a meal at Tellers, I will be getting visits much more often. Food is absolutely outstanding. I always get the Tellers special bone-in ribeye and it's worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, Everything was wonderful!MissElizaDined on 11/14/2014The service, the food, everything was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deedaVIPDined on 11/9/2014Absolutely wonderful dining experience. Food is great, service, wine every aspect of it was great.Special Features:
- Great wine paring menuLovesToEatDined on 11/9/2014Tellers was outstanding for a three course dinner with wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and overpricedWontbebackDined on 11/7/2014Disappointed. $300 for an average meal. Nothing memorable. Best thing was the glass of wine and clams. But the clams were of diff sizes and 2 were too large to enjoy. Bread was not warm or tasty. Bacon appetizer inedible. Just overall disappointing. Steak was average - Better off at The Outback.
- Outstanding food and servicesteakmeDined on 11/6/2014Hi. We arrived at 715 for a 715 reservation and were seated right away. Luis was our waiter. He was fantastic. We were a party of four. Two choose the restaurant week menu and 2 ordered a la carte. I had the Filet Wellington, Wedge salad and Cheesecake. My Wellington was cooked exactly how I like it. The cheesecake was perfection. Wine pairings were included with the meal at a fifteen dollar upcharge. (restaurant week) 3 glasses for 15 dollars. Outstanding. I truly love this restaurant. Thanks for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!BabyswheelsDined on 11/5/2014Tellers is a restaurant housed in a actual bank, circa, 1923. There is the historic element here with the high ceilings and top to bottom narrow windows with the vault where the wines are stored actually intact and visible, makes for great atmosphere and ambiance. We dined for lunch. I had as an appetizer lobster and shrimp wontons with a miso glaze and a touch of hoisin sauce. Excellent. My wife had a Mediterrean salad with asparagus. The salad was set off to one side of the plate to accent the three asparagus which lay underneath. Excellent.for entrees we both has crispy skinned salmon in a mustard sauce with potato and Applewood smoked bacon hash. Excellent presentation taste and service. Extraordinary!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014My second favorite restaurant in Long Island. Great Steakhouse, beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on Long IslandNatsreviewsDined on 11/1/2014I've been to every upscale steakhouse on Long Island and excluding The Palm Tellers is by far the best. The bone-in ribeye is unbeatable. Have never had anything but a perfect meal there. Expensive but worth every penny. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We went to Tellers on November 1, 2014. The food was outstanding and the service exceptional. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. The bill came to just over $200 for two people, but it was worth it. We ate crab cakes for appetisers, Filet Mignon and sorbet for dessert and coffee. Drank Glasses of Prosecco with our meal.Special Features:
- Amazing!lscuteriDined on 10/29/2014We came for our anniversary and we were blown away. The food, service and experience was impeccable. It is very pricey but well worth it when its a special occasion! Would go there again and recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeKudaDined on 10/28/2014We were in the area on business and took a recommendation to check it out for steaks. The host was super attentive and polite. The bar tenders were very nice and attentive. The drinks were well over priced though. When we sat down for dinner we were all impressed with the building. The place is pretty cool. Wicked tall ceilings. Our waiter was awesome. Answered all our questions. Food was cooked perfectly. Tasted awesome. Only other gripe would be the salads were way over priced. All else was reasonable. The aged steaks were fabulous. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but expensiveHikerdadDined on 10/28/2014Very good food and friendly staff - but expensive. 3 drafts, a Cosmo and a Coke at bar was $52 plus tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shopperDined on 10/26/2014EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE IN A POSITIVE AMBIANCE. THE RESTAURANT CONSISTENTLY PLEASES WITH A PROFESSIONAL WAIT STAFF AND A TOP NOTCH CHEF. THE RESTAURANT IS EXPENSIVE BUT GOOD VALUE OVERALL.Special Features:
- TellersMariaDined on 10/25/2014We love this place! The food is always great! Everything about it is great! We have absolutely no complaints at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchcheechDined on 10/24/2014Had a tasty quick lunch at Tellers. The bar area was cozy along with great service by Andy. I shall return.Special Features:
- Love. This. Place!AGoldDined on 10/20/20142nd time here and it was better than the first! Everything is perfect. Great top notch food. My wife and I don't splurge a lot on a fancy meal but when we come here we don't care about the cost of the check. Go all out and you won't regret it. Service is great and each course is served quicker than I expected. *****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go back on a SaturdayGrandmaDined on 10/18/2014We waited over an hour for our table (we had reservations) in an overcrowded bar area. We were then seated upstairs in a small, crowded and extremely noisy room. It did not get better from there. We did not get bread... Had to ask for it twice ... Waited forever for our meal and drinks. When dinner did arrive they forgot our side dishes.Special Features:
- Falling from graceRabelaisDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant used to be our go-to place to bring guests and to celebrate occasions. About a year ago, I wrote directly to your managing group to inform it that my wife & I had been displeased one evening; the group graciously gave us a gift card which we used a few months later, only to note a consistent decline. We returned two nights ago, only to find that everything - from breadbasket to Porterhouse to side dishes - were unremarkable, although the prices ($4 for a cup of coffee, $4 for club soda) took their toll. What's going on???
- Perfectly prepared, expertly servedStPaulusDined on 10/16/2014Teller's was an awesome experience, the appetizers were delectable, the entrées were perfectly cooked and seasoned, the service was attentive and chock full of tips and recommendations. The whole establishment has a great ambience and the high ceiling in the dining room projects a sense of grandeur. We went for a birthday and were treated like royalty. Remember to save room for dessert as they were scrumptious as well. As good or better than any steakhouse on Long Island or Manhattan. I look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChefKenDined on 10/15/2014This was my first visit to Tellers. The food was top-notch, the service was great. Very relaxing - we were not rushed. Friendly staff from the hostess to the waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.JohnDined on 10/13/2014I took my girlfriend here for a special occasion and it couldn't be any better. I had the rib eye steak and it was more than i could ask for. Our waiter (forgot his name) was outstanding. Friendly, and extremely informative about every single item on the menu. I will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We went to Tellers for my husbands birthday. The food was delicious. However, my husband had to send his filet mignon back twice for it to be cooked properly. He ordered it medium well and it came back rare both times. Once it was done correctly, the food was incredible and they were kind enough to throw in dessert for us. The service was a bit slow and I felt our table was a bit neglected. The roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta were incredible. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great steakSteakFan3Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I love going to Tellers for a special occasion. As always, my ribeye steak was expertly prepared and my wife's Delmonico was cooked to perfection. Javier our server, provided precision service. Our entire meal was a gem. We look forward to going back soon. Tellers is definitely the best steak house in Suffolk. Go if you haven't yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill perhaps??Eddie27Dined on 10/11/2014Good food, unquestionable. But for high priced food comes higher expectations. My $14 cocktail was severely subpar. Oysters were fantastic. My steak, (boneless ny strip), definately did not meet my expectations for a $55 steak. Too much fat, very little flavor for an aged steak. It had been a few years since we dined at tellers befor this last outing, and I have to say it's gone a bit downhill.Special Features:
- worth the trip!dininoutDined on 10/4/2014Best steak! we drove 40 minutes (in the rain) definitely worth it. Great service great food!Special Features:
- Always Great!IslanderVIPDined on 10/2/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Food is always excellent and the staff is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Wine Pairing TuesdayDinnerOutDined on 9/30/2014We recently went to Teller's for our anniversary on A Tuesday night. All three courses were delicious and perfectly paired with a wine for each course. They even personalized our dessert to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly impressed.patelnimitDined on 9/30/2014One of the best dining experiences I've had in my life. From the architecture of the restaurant to the interior design to the host's attitude to the waiter's attentiveness to the delicious food to the swift service even though the restaurant was busy. If you are looking for an incredible restaurant experience and you're in the mood for some excellent steak or seafood, and maybe some wine, look no further. Check out #thevaultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treat yourself we'llkbocklVIPDined on 9/25/2014Tellers, in a former bank building, is a stunning venue. Service is top notch and the food is spectacular (you can't miss with the steaks, and I particularly love the filet mignonette Wellington.) Sides are generously portioned to share. The rich whipped potatoes and the Brussels sprouts with pancetta are stand outs. Cocktails are served with style. The wine list is impressive. I've never gotten to dessert...maybe some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starslunchbunchDined on 9/24/2014BEST STEAKHOUSE ON L.I...building is a former bank and quite nice. They kept the bank vault which is a nice touch to house the wines. Service, food, ambiance great. Server brought our drinks immediately. $19 price fix luncheon menu the best. Choice of appetizer and/or salad and entree. Shrimp appetizer the size of lobster tails..delicious! Hamburger cooked to perfection..steak diane wonderful. Birthday gal had filet said it melted in her mouth...side of mac n cheese big enough for table of 3 with plenty left over. By far Tellers is #1 in our book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Welcome - Great Food!ajdineDined on 9/23/2014The art of customer service is alive and well at Tellers! Our dining experience was what we were hoping for - a quiet, delicious and well served meal - thanks to our professional server Lisa. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and Tellers made it one to remember. The lobster bisque was light and creamy at the same time, the filet Oscar and Ribeye were cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. Tellers hits the mark on all counts.Special Features:
- Almost greatnessHangryAllTheTimeDined on 9/21/2014The steakhouse in an old bank. Beautiful restaurant and bar. Wine celler is in the old vault. Excellent service. Nothing unexpected on the menu, mostly steakhouse standards. The oysters were superb. The steakhouse tater tots were quite good and the lobster Mac and cheese had a ton of lobster in it and was also very good, the porterhouse for two was perfectly cooked. The black pepper bacon appetizer wasn't very good. (next time I'll double up on the oysters!). Drink menu was varied and delicious if rather weakly poured. A must go, Long Island needs more restaurants that are on this level. Hard to find good steakhouses around here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceSubcDined on 9/21/2014I had gone to Tellers on a Sunday afternoon and I could not have had a better experience. The waitstaff was courteous, timely, and professional, and the food was extremely delicious! I have already told many friends about my experience and look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014We went to Tellers for my boyfriends birthday and it was excellent. The filet was melt in your mouth delicious. At the end of the meal they gave us a complimentary ice cream with a candle to celebrate, it was a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- AwesomefoodloverDined on 9/14/2014Great service and even better food. Went out of their way for my girlfriends birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.