Tellers: An American Chophouse
605 Main Street
Islip, NY 11751Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Tellers: An American Chophouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tellerschophouse.com/
- Phone: 6312777070x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM - 2:30PM.
Dinner: Monday through Thursday 5:00PM - 10:00PM. Friday and Saturday 5:00PM - 11:00PM. Sunday 3:00PM - 9:00PM.
Gold Bar: Monday through Thursday 11:30AM - Midnight. Friday 11:30AM - 1:00AM. Saturday 5PM - 1AM. Sunday 3:00PM - 11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Edward Villatoro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available; visit our website for more information, menus and room photos or please contact Tellers directly at 631.277.7070
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions available up to 100 guests. Visit our website for more information and room photos or please contact Tellers directly.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Factor 6312777070x
- Entertainment: Please call for dates and times 631.277.7070 or check our "calendar of events" on our website for more details. www.tellerschophouse.com
- Special Events: Available; visit our website for more information, menus and room photos or please contact Tellers directly at 631.277.7070
A word from Tellers: An American Chophouse
Tellers defines an American Chophouse with classic steakhouse fare and contemporary twists on American themes. Premium cordials are offered in the Gold Bar and the extensive wine list has received awards from Wine Spectator.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tellers: An American Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Islip ›
Tellers: An American Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)notable wine list (59)romantic (51)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- TellersEvaJDDined on 8/25/2014Very nice, pleasant atmosphere and great food. Staff very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Ancora Imparo 2AncoraImparo2Dined on 8/23/2014Great first experience. Excellent ambiance exceeded by great service, choice wine list, and a refreshing, creative version of the classics. Looking forward to my next visit already. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysMessiDined on 8/21/2014Tellers provides excellent food with presentation and service to match. I haven't been disappointed in any visit. Our last found the sides done as well as the aged signature rib eye, strip steak and filet which were perfectly prepared. The scalloped potatoes, 5 cheese mac and cheese are both crusted and flavorful. The duck fat fries used to be gratis and a token surprise. It was odd to add them added to the menu at a trivial 3$ for the table; still worth ordering. There are things on the menu that can make this a modestly priced meal. My wife and daughter split an entree which more than satisfied them. Creme brûlée and Guiness ice-cream great. Once again thoroughly pleased with the special meal provided.Special Features:
- Always goodtravel2eatDined on 8/17/2014This is our go-to place for birthdays...consistently good! Ask for a table downstairs...the high ceilings of this former bank make it a wonderful space. Upstairs, while nice, is just not that special...but this in no way takes away from the great steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience once again.spriritt11VIPDined on 8/17/2014We love Tellers. We decided to eat in the bar/lounge area this time. It was a very lovely experience.. ....very intimate and quiet. The food was outstanding, as usual. We had the baked clams and shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, followed by the porterhouse for two with two orders of the truffle fries with our steak. The steak was done to perfection. We also ordered a lovely bottle of wine to go with our dinner. Great place to go!!!!Special Features:
- DarlaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have always enjoyed the meals we have had. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014We decided to go because we wanted a good steak. The New York strip was all grizzle. I was surprised they would actually serve it. The manager seemed to notice but didn't seem to care.
- Great steakkenhub24Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and great atmosphere. Steaks were amazing and the desserts were out of this world. Expensive but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceLIdinerDined on 8/16/2014First time a tellers. Greatly enjoyed the experience. Service was outstanding. Not overly burdensome but my wife realized our waiting watching from a far to make sure we did not want for anything. Probably the best service I have experienced at a LI restaurant. Food was very good, lobster mac and cheese was outstanding. I had the teller rib eye, which was very fatty even for a rib eye. Overall would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special!MFP85Dined on 8/14/2014Service was highly impressive and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never anything but excellentYMM23Dined on 8/14/2014Tellers is one of my families favorite restaurants. The food, service and ambiance are always 5 star. Tellers is a "must" for anyone who lives on Long Island !!Special Features:
- All GreatpandemoniumboutiqueVIPDined on 8/14/2014Definately try the Freemark Abbey Cabernet, it is fabulous!Special Features:
- Anniversary Week!FoodisGoodDined on 8/14/2014It was our third year celebrating end of summer before kids went to back to College during "Teller's Anniversary Week". Always so much fun tasting and enjoying the ample wine list of the night. Of course the steaks were DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBKJLVDined on 8/13/2014We have visited Tellers a lot over the years and it has always been a great dining experience. They have monthly wine events that let you taste great wines from their collection. The prices went up recently for their food, so expect to spend a decent amount for dinner. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must go toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014the filet mignon wellington is perfect. tender and tasty.Special Features:
- Amazing! !!Dave212Dined on 8/6/2014Best dinner and drinks and an amazing atmosphere. .. went twice in a week. ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciousGSPMJPDined on 8/3/2014Teller's never fails to offer up a wonderful experience. Our family thoroughly loved our dishes and happily shared in small tastes! The wait staff is always attentive without being overbearing. The atmosphere is wonderful. This is certainly a great spot for special occasions or a casual lunch.Special Features:
- Common SenseChasDined on 8/2/2014I made our reservation with Open Table and requested that the occasion was for a 75th birthday and would like a quite table. The restaurant was pretty empty but we were given a table on the second floor, didn't even know they had a second floor, up a spiral staircase and table in the middle of dining room with a birthday party of 12 next to us. Not very quite, our food order was wrong and who gives a 75 year old a table on the second floor without an elevator or bathrooms? I complained about the location and was told I should have called in the reservation and not used Open Table if I wanted something better. Not the best recommendation for Open Table. I guess I expected more from a expensive steakhouse, will find another.
- Delightful, except...KillerqueenVIPDined on 8/2/2014We brought Mom there for her 89th birthday. Staff was attentive (except when we really wanted the check to leave), dinner was exceptional for Mom and I. The home made tater tots were like mashed potato puffs, and rather inventive except it didn't mention cheese in them... A big no-no for my hubby! (We should have sent them back, because he wouldn't eat them, but Mom and I did!). Mom had lamb, I had the filet, husband had the NY strip which he found very underwhelming. A pretty place. We will go again ,Special Features:
- Living up to its reputationjmemmaDined on 7/30/2014This is our third time dining at Tellers. We travel from San Diego every summer and we go here to celebrate our family being together and summer birthdays. The food was superb. The atmosphere is always lively and the service is right on. This time our our server was slower coming to check on us than usual, which may have been that he busier as the night wore on.Special Features:
- Best steak everHappyeaterDined on 7/27/2014For very special occasions we go to Tellers and always order the Teller's special ribeye. And it is OUTSTANDING. It's quite pricey, but if you have the extra bucks, well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks, serviceBrooksieVIPDined on 7/22/2014No matter what type of steak they have, they are all amazing. I don't think you'll find anyplace that provides better customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014must get the "burnt broccoli"-that is the name of the side dish-It was deliciousSpecial Features:
- The ribeye was greatAramVIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything we had starting with the duck fat fries were delicious. The entire staff including Sommelier where friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- FatbackDined on 7/17/2014Should be rated 6 star....Exceeds 5 star. Great service,food,My wife ordered the wellington,I ordered the NY Strip.No review,Just go there and try it.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualFrankieboyDined on 7/17/2014If you are looking for a good steak dinner, you can't go wrong with Tellers. They are always on the money with their food. The steaks always come out as you ordered them with absolutely no surprises. The starters and sides were all excellent. You have to order the duck fat french fries while you are looking over the menu. They are surprisingly good. The wait staff is friendly and attentive without being cloting or intrusive. This can be a tough balance to strike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!miclebe1Dined on 7/15/2014The food, the service, the atmosphere, everything was excellent! If you are in the mood for a great steak, Teller's is the place to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Daysheehy1125Dined on 7/15/2014I was with a party of seven, including teens. The staff was extremely accomodating and the food was outstanding. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceaksmakDined on 7/12/2014This was my second time there and the food and service is amazing. The waiters are always so friendly and attentive. I will be going back many more timesSpecial Features:
- FoodqueenDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food, very pricey. Blueberry cheesecake also wonderful! Tables for two are too close together .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJonGruskyDined on 7/12/2014Our bachelor party group was so well accommodated. Staff was very attentive and the food was off-the-charts amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- haleatsoutDined on 7/12/2014Tellers was wonderful, Open Table was not... You boxed us in with either a 5 or 9 pm reservation, a 6 or 6:30 reservation was easily available !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks awesome!lovingfoodDined on 7/5/2014Appetizers and Steaks were awesome! We weren't thrilled with the duck fries or the mushrooms. We had the raw clams and baked clams to start. They were good, fresh and no sand! I had the filet Mignon wellington and that was so delicious! It was prepared to perfection! And the presentation was perfect! My husband had the steak and it was also perfect. Cooked to his liking! My husband and I both had drinks. The wine was excellent. I just thought the prices were very high! We've been to many steak houses and prices are always high but Tellers is even higher! We will go back just not as quickly.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014This is a spot we go to for our anniversary/birthday dinners and always have great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/30/2014steak was excellent, duck fries were basically fries in small cups, they need to work on their tomato salad not what we expected service was very good dessert was really greatSpecial Features:
- Never go to fireplace - bar area!!MeryESVIPDined on 6/28/2014I love this restaurant, but I made a huge mistake accepting to be seated at the bar because the main dining room was full -not my fault, I booked in advance!!- the blonde lady attending that area (3 tables and the bar) was just not caring, too busy. The A/C was terribly high that I was almost shivering wishing so hard to leave. This kind of restaurant can't afford having a one lady with a waiter to cover a dining area, just can't. I had the usual surf & turf and I paid the same as usual (around $160 for dinner for two including drinks) without the fancy, classy and great service you get at the main dining room.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014This is THE steakhouse of all steakhouses! Food and Service is always to shelf. They make a killer martini!!Special Features:
- Joanne DelBiancoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014We went to Tellers for our 42 wedding anniversary the food was wonderful the service was outstanding. We will not wait until our next anniversary to go backSpecial Features:
- Very accommodatingluv2eatoutDined on 6/22/2014The service was excellent. Didn't have to ask for anything, everyone was very attentive. My steak was cooked perfectly and my son's burger was nice and juicy. I will gladly go back there again.Special Features:
- Always AmazingJosephDined on 6/17/2014You can never go wrong here, the service, food and wine list is outstanding, this is a must visit resturant!Special Features: