New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.telionyc.com/
- Phone: 2125803700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Telio would be happy to cater your next corporate or family affair.
A word from Telio
The cuisine at Telio offers the best Greek and Mediterranean flavors you’ll find anywhere. The recipes are as genuine and authentic as they get. The traditional dishes are made from a one hundred year old recipe that has been handed down through generations to the current owners. Telio, with its flawless execution and mouthwatering ingredients has become one of the Upper West Side's must-try dining destinations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Telio reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Telio is ALWAYS wonderfulsaintmaeVIPDined on 2/22/2014We brought our daughters and their husbands to a late night dinner after a movie and as always, the server "Genti" was so attentive, funny and wonderful. The food was absolutely delicious and the baklava was warm and delicious. When I joked with my grandaughter that she couldn't eat any unless she could name what it was...when she balked. Genti brought her a complimentary chocolate cheesecake. All in all, it was the perfect place for the entire family to try the Greek cuisine and the Mediterranean delicacies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Hoopah" Delcious!saintmaeVIPDined on 2/14/2014One of the best Greek/Mediterranean/Italian Restaurants in NYC. Every time that we go there to eat we discover another great dish. The servers are attentive and friendly all the time. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood JointGinas13Dined on 12/6/2013The restaurant looks more like a pizza parlor but the food was very good. The menu is Greek with some Italian dishes as well. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Its a great place to go to before a show at the Standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal pre-Symphony Space activityJoanVIPDined on 11/3/2013Telio is the nicest restaurant near Symphony Space. Generous portions of tasty Greek/Italian food, modestly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dining ExperienceTneckMOMVIPDined on 7/10/2013When I got there, I found our table for six was located in the back of the restaurant near the kitchen, and we were seated in back of a large noisy family gathering so the noise level was irritating. The service was lackluster, we had to ask for more bread several times and our dishes didn't come out at the same time. The tzadiki appetizer was very good, but there wasn't much on the plate -- I have been to many Greek restaurants where they give you a larger portion. My cousin was unimpressed with the moussaka, a signature Greek dish. Another cousin ordered a Greek Salad as his main course, and they put on a slab of feta, rather than crumbling it up, unappealing. I was embarrassed and will not be revisiting this place again.
- Great for family dining.ClassicStageGroupieVIPDined on 5/3/2013Good quality basic Greek fare, plus pizza, generous portions, well priced. Telio was crowded on Friday night, several families with tired unhappy children. I think Telio would be noisy at almost any time, tables are cramped and there is nothing soft to help absorb sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantluv2cookVIPDined on 3/23/2013Good neighborhood restaurant that is a little different than the rest.Special Features:
- Very cold air in the restaurant,joyboyVIPDined on 3/3/2013Very cold air in the restaurant, even with front door closed. Food, portions and pricing were fine. Not sensational, but above average and very acceptable. Temperature of the different items wasn't as hot as desirable, in every case, so would suggest paying attention to that.Special Features:
- Food was descent, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/21/2013Food was descent, the service was poor. There appeared to only be one server, and the food took forever.
- Very big menu. Dishes areSoleraVIPDined on 9/19/2012Very big menu. Dishes are well-prepared but without any effort made in terms of presentation. Nice to be able to eat outdoors.Desserts are limited.Special Features:
- when my my family and i wentDinerDined on 6/7/2012when my my family and i went to telio we had lazy service the food was good but the service was notSpecial Features:
- Attentive and welcoming staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012Attentive and welcoming staff without being overbearing. Nice for outdoor or almost outdoor dining. Food was okay, nothing special.Special Features:
- The place looks dreary - uglySalliVIPDined on 4/4/2012The place looks dreary - ugly depressing colors. It is too bad because the food is quite delicious and the staff is nice. It does not look fresh or inviting. I like old world, but not old, worn out. I had to ask the waiter to pick up paper napkins from the floor that were used by previous guests.Special Features:
- Fun, friendly and comfortable!CityGalVIPDined on 2/25/2012Fun, friendly and comfortable! The pizza is delicious, the green salad is one of the best Greek salads in town.Special Features:
- Food was good, not great,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2012Food was good, not great, but the portion sizes were huge. The lamb kebob was good but dfeinitely a little chewy. We all either cleaned our plates or took home left overs. I would definitely go here again, but their meat could be a little more tender.
- This place was great! ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012This place was great! Really enjoyed it. Will go back. Skewers are really good. I highly recommend the Saganaki (flaming cheese). Portions sizes are generous.Special Features:
- When we said we were diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2011When we said we were dining here for the first time, our waitress confidently stated, "You'll be back." The food was delicious, her recommendations right on the mark. She was right. We would definitely eat at Telio again and again.Special Features:
- Very informal. Good food.NYCvisitorVIPDined on 12/30/2011Very informal. Good food. Wide range of items; even our vegetarian was happy.
- Wonderful food, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/17/2011Wonderful food, especially the appetizers and the lamb dishes. Grilled octopus and the spreads platter were incredible. Lamb dishes excellent. Desserts a little mixed - amazing almond cake but only ok baklava. Great service and very easy with a baby at lunchtime. Grey brunch deal too. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great upper broadway restaurant !saintmaeVIPDined on 10/19/2011The food was absolutely wonderful. I love Greek Food and it was "too die" but the Italian food was tasty also. The Chicken Agvelomno Soup was delicious. The lamb melted in your mouth.Special Features:
- Just good food, drink, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2011Just good food, drink, and service. Nice upper westside find.Special Features: