329 Greenwich St.
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.telepanlocal.com/
- Phone: 2129669255x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Snacks: Every Day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:0am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Bill Telepan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room
A word from Telepan Local
Telepan Local offers a casual, tapas-style American menu inspired by the seasons. Dishes include arancini with bone marrow and parmesan aioli; fried watercress with chili oil and cashews, brussels sprouts & fingerling salad with a coddled egg; lamb tartare with fennel and black olive; as well as snapper with pickled beets and bitter greens. For a sweet ending, Pastry Chef Larissa Raphael offers traditional layer cakes cut by the fat slice, along with stacked sundaes and rustic tarts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Telepan Local reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (96)great for lunch (41)good for groups (34)great for brunch (28)special occasion (24)romantic (22)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (13)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Cant wait to go back!fabulousfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014What an unexpected delight when we made a last minute reservation on Saturday night. Three of us shared about 10 dishes and each one was delicious. We would order them all again! A particular favorite was the Crispy Fried Watercress. We will return!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014This place was amazing! I loved everything! One of my new favorites in NYC!Special Features:
- Good but not greatTKAGMADined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent . Decor was comfy. Food was good but not memorable. Octopus was over cooked . We tried Telepan Local because of Blackboard Eats 30% off but without the coupon it would be quite pricey, $14 for a mixed drink.
- My wife was blown awayjledetVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have eaten at uptown Telepan many times. And I've had lunch or drinks at this location. But when I took my wife here for dinner, she was over the moon. Amazing commitment to fresh, delicious food; great selection and variation on dishes; just a gem. And that coconut cake....coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014everything i had was dlish!!! I would go back when in tribecaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shame on you, Pete Wells!JanesterVIPDined on 8/27/2014The snarky one-star NYT review of Telepan Local almost kept me from trying this small plate restaurant. That would have been a big mistake! The food is delicious and inventive, the service is quite lovely, and the room is charming. Especially recommended: the tempura-fried watercress and the lamb sliders. Also the seasonal heirloom tomatoes with clams and a clam reduction vinaigrette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO!!!GoodEatsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had drinks at the bar. Very good bar tender knows his craft. Service quick and professional. Steak was great. Save room for dessert. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae well worth the calories.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectations againDavepDined on 8/21/2014Staff and management created yet another incredible dining experience. New cocktails are exciting and delicious, and every plate was better than the last. Telepan sets the standard for service and hospitality. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing because hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014Heard so many good things about this restaurant but at the end of the day, presentation was great, the food was eh. A lot of things were over salted, which is a huge peeve of mine. Most things taste good when there's lots of salt and grease involved, but that shouldn't be the only taste served. The coconut cake was pretty good, nothing mind-blowing.
- Classic with a twistSnowVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love the food at Telepan Local. Service was great also. Please bring the banana dessert back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLocalFoodDudeDined on 8/18/2014Telepan Local is a great, comfortable, casual spot with a fantastic menu. I love that they advertise the farms that supply the food. Everything is fresh and local like the name states. The atmosphere is very comfortable; I felt like I was in Vermont at a cabin in the woods rather than in Tribeca. The servers wore plaid and the furniture was upscale yet rustic. The cocktail menu featured fresh, seasonal cocktails and the menu choices were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great farm to table food!ArtsysueDined on 8/16/2014The food was incredible. My group shared everything. We had the foie grass erred with little biscuits and raspberry jam, lamb sliders, roasted corn, the pork entree, and the strawberry cream cake. Everything was prepared to perfection. The only two complaints we had was that our waitress was terrible....I had to get help several times. She forgot to bring us our wine and some of the appetizers in a timely fashion. Also, the table was ridiculously small. Since we had several small plates, it was necessary to use the table adjacent to ours. Other than the service and table size, we really loved our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchSidspoDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had an anniversary lunch here on 8/15/14----the last day of restaurant week. We started with the delicious grilled cheese and amazing fluke crudo. The in between courses were very interesting, however, the broccoli rabe, clam pizzette, and red snapper were all too salty. My husband likes salt and he even felt that they should have cut back. We would try it again because the cooking style is quite creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!NicolasaBella022089Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week and the food was just delicious! 4 course of their tapas really filled us. Idk if the price is worth it otherwise but if you get a chance try it out! I had the lamb burger, mushrooms, roast pork and cheesecake ice cream dessert! I can't remember the last time I picked 4 great thins off a menu. Although seemed like everything there was excellent. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too noisy, service okJs47Dined on 8/14/2014Food was fantastic. There were 4 of us and we shared 4 resto week menus. Which was amazing because we got to try almost everything on the lunch menu. Favorites: lamb sliders, chicken salad, zucchini pizzette, faro and bean salad, coconut cake, sorbet Least favs: fluke. Because the interior is completely clad in wood, the space becomes very noisy! And service was fine, not particularly friendly... But not bad. Bonus: complimentary still and sparkling water. Overall I would go back and often. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went there for restaurant week... it was outstanding for most of the dishes, yet meh for a few of them... And the portions were perfect for me - I skipped desert - but 2 of my friends fought over the end of the dishes because they were still hungry. That would be the only 2 things. Besides that? We will be back!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food explorationepoh4Dined on 8/13/2014Was thinking I could eat 3 of these myself, when the lamb sliders came. Only one was mine! But, oh what a one! Delicious, juicy, tasting like fresh lamb. Friend with lone grilled cheese order also extremely happy. Fried watercress next, unique and yummy, but not a stunner. Friends Fluke crudo good, but a little overly sweet from fruit pairing. Broccoli rabe winner here. Short ribs, and red snapper - both very flavorful, satisfying. Amazing desserts! All fabulous. Left very happy. Atmosphere slightly uncomfortable, waitstaff polite, attentive. Come for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualdinerDined on 8/12/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes Service was well-timed and friendly Cute place including the downstairs dining room Staff create a warm atmosphere, including Bill Telepan who introduced himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy tummy, happy life.YumIVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very creative and tasty food. My only complaint would be the portions to price ratio. I realize it's a meal of small plates but, when you find something so enjoyable, you want more of it. Just sayin'. My stomach may be satisfied but I'm not sure my wallet would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch, but priceyLiketoeatVIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall a nice brunch place, but the price is steep for the amount. Size of entrees/salads were about appetizer size, but the charge was entrée prices. Examples: 3 pieces of blue cornmeal pancakes cost $15. Potato Latkes house-smoked salmon & scrambled eggs $18. Guess that is the price to pay for farm to table. I would like to come back more often, but the price is keeping me away.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Those small plates were delicious. I loved my peanut butter sundae, it was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deafening But DeliciousDossieVIPDined on 8/7/2014The menu was atypical but interesting. The lamb sliders were the big hit. Fried watercress/cashew salad was dangerously salty. The menu, including drinks is local in its entirety, living up to its name. The young crowd drowned out all possibilities of a conversation. However, we coped (with hand signals) and actually had an enjoyable experience, but would not return.
- I will need more room than allowed!abssezgoDined on 8/4/2014where do I begin:music level high; choices for restaurant week looked good but were not good!!! carrots old & little feta; bacon tough & greasy; grilled cheese a disaster; everything over salted; many dishes used too much bread;1(not 5) foie gras (sweet cookie w/apricot jam & a bit of "paste" were "plopped" on a plate and looked forlorn; forks too big for plates; pick-up service BEFORE everyone was finished eating; used forks left at plate to be used for next course; iced tea pale; lemonade sour; coconut cake good but too sweet; mix-up with check when paying with 2 credit cards (took a while for waiter to correct) - I was really looking forward to this experience; I could never recommend this restaurant!
- charming, country farm ambiancedancingfoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was very good, with unusual combinations. Served in small portions similar to tapas, but no bread accompanied it. Service was good, ambiance lovely -- except for being incredibly noisy, though not full, it felt like a country farmhouse rather than a NYC restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLiketoeatVIPDined on 8/4/2014We came for the Restaurant Week lunch. There were 4 courses, which includes dessert. Everything was delicious. The Grilled Cheese with tomato on top was tasty. The Fried Watercress is great as well. The Smoked Chicken salad was great, the chicken was not dry at all. The coconut cake was too sweet, but I finished it nonetheless. The portions are a little bigger than tapas style, but less than an appetizer size. Still, I was full at the end of the meal. I'm not sure if I would pay full price for the meal, but the Restaurant Week lunch menu makes it more affordable. I'm curious to try the brunch menu, so will probably be back.Special Features:
- Great organic food!CHILLVIPDined on 8/3/2014I came here with my b school mate and two of his friends. We had the flat bread pizzas, onion bloom (fabulous), and red snapper. The food was fresh, organic, and really good. We enjoyed the vibes at this restaurant. Thanks for the $10 coupon off our next meal too! Welcome to Tribeca. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Great findPetriDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 4 and the prix fix menu was such a great deal. Grilled cheese, crispy watercress and red snapper were the highlight of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needn't be a local.webdebnycVIPDined on 8/2/2014Telepan local is worth a moderate jaunt to visit. Ordering can be slightly problematic, because there lacks some consistency in the "small plate" schema, but your waiter can help you navigate that to some extent. In the extreme, order a little more than you'll need if they're busy (otherwise, adding on at any point isn't a problem). I fyou end up with leftovers, most everything holds just as good if not better the day after.Special Features:
- DisappointingDindinDined on 8/1/2014I can't believe this is in any way related to the original telepan. Does not compare.
- mos205VIPDined on 8/1/2014We went for restaurant week. They didn't have a separate menu, instead offered 4 courses for the restaurant week menu price. Everything was delicious. The restaurant is fairly small and a casual environment.Special Features:
- Really tasty foodFoodie612VIPDined on 8/1/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week and the food was all really good. Unique and creative menu. Really enjoyed the fried watercress, red snapper and desserts! Very good deal for the money and nice ambiance. Service was great and appreciate the still or sparkling water they place on the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, dissapointing foodLuv2dineDined on 7/31/2014Food was well prepared and served elegantly but laked taste. The fluke crudo was bland, despite looking good on a plate it was without taste. The foie gras, the grilled cheese sandwich and double cheese burger were equally dissapointing despite being well prepared. The watercress salad and chocolate sundae were our two best dishes, both had exciting textures and tastes.
- Great farm to table restaurantJR5656Dined on 7/31/2014Went here for restaurant week. Great selection of dishes although they are on the smaller side. But the food tasted fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good I had to write thisOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/30/2014Ok I'm a major foodie and am in NYC constantly. Having enjoyed Telepan years ago, I decided to give T Local a try during Restaurant Week. We had a large party and ended up sitting in the downstairs area which has a separate vibe from the upstairs as it is a relatively smaller space with lower ceilings and intense acoustics. All that said, we were astonished at how great the restaurant week menu was; we sampled nearly everything, and we all agreed it was one of the greatest dining experiences we have ever had; The pizettes, scallops, short ribs, burgers, grilled cheese and salads were all superb, and the wine list very reasonable. Stellar experience from start to finish, and we even got to tell Mr. T who checked in on us how great it was.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekTobiDined on 7/29/2014Went for restaurant week so it was relatively packed. The ambiance was good. The server we had was very friendly. They forgot to bring one meal and made up for it by giving us an appetizer and desert for free. Food in general was fair. I enjoyed one dish and did not like the other two. Happy that I tried it but won't come back.Special Features:
- Nothing like Telepan uptownYankees27Dined on 7/29/2014The noise level was so high, we couldn't hear our waitress. The food was ill conceived, such as so much chili oil on the scallops that the delicate flavor of the scallops was lost. Even the ice cream sundaes looked sloppy. We won't be going back.
- great place! Great wine!candybox123VIPDined on 7/29/2014I really enjoyed the food and the flavors. It was all brought together very well. I went during Restaurant Week which was a great, but I'm not sure that I'd be overly thrilled with the prices if the food was as small as it was for restaurant week. then I would feel that I would be over paying. The sommelier was wonderful. Suggested delicious wines for me and my dining companion that went very well with both of our meals! I will be back!Special Features:
- Don't skip the dessertShinoDined on 7/29/2014Everything was great but the dessert was the best. I had the blueberry cheesecake sundae - could have eaten five of them in one sitting!Special Features:
- Loved the food, server, and room!BlumieDined on 7/28/2014We had a great meal at Telepan Local. The room is really attractive, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious. The restaurant week menu included four courses, and even though the plates were on the small side, we were very satisfied by meal's end. Highly recommend! (Especially good were the short ribs and the mushrooms.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plate Heavenmark10reviewDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant Week dinner. Each bite surprisingly good.Special Features: