329 Greenwich St.
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.telepanlocal.com/
- Phone: 2129669255x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday:5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Snacks: Every Day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:0am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Bill Telepan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room
A word from Telepan Local
Telepan Local offers a casual, tapas-style American menu inspired by the seasons. Dishes include arancini with bone marrow and parmesan aioli; fried watercress with chili oil and cashews, brussels sprouts & fingerling salad with a coddled egg; lamb tartare with fennel and black olive; as well as snapper with pickled beets and bitter greens. For a sweet ending, Pastry Chef Larissa Raphael offers traditional layer cakes cut by the fat slice, along with stacked sundaes and rustic tarts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Telepan Local reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (102)good for groups (38)great for lunch (36)special occasion (24)hot spot (24)great for brunch (22)kid-friendly (18)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014As said in other reviews, the portions are small tho the food is excellent. Server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions for the pricedinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was tasty enough, but the portions were so small for the prices charged. I was excited to try it but it will not be a regular dining spot for us.
- Great last minute findjulianfriDined on 10/17/2014The staff was very accommodating, and it was easy to find a table in the evening on a friday which was a plus. Food was eclectic but very good and reasonable. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Most deliciousLoriVIPDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyed Telepan on the upper west side and heard that he'd opened a farm to table restaurant downtown. Restaurant was considerable more relaxed than UWS. Food was delicious, creative and fresh. Dishes with Jerusalem artichokes and spaetzel were innovative and delectable. Something as mundane as corn on the cob was very tasty (thanks to compound butter.) Staff were attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soMariamaDined on 9/30/2014The restaurant was sadly quite empty the night we visited, but I really enjoyed sitting at the bar. Food was ok, but not as great as I expected. Will most likely return to give it another try.Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceMaggieDined on 9/26/2014Nice cozy place to dine before the show. Chick interior design. Not noisy. Reasonably priced. Though relatively small dishes. Tasty dishes made from local (meaning NY/NJ farms) produce. Chicken liver appetizer with gooseberry was absolutely delicious. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service/food/ambianceMmmm28Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great experience at Telepan Local last week. The interior is ambient and stylish with white tile, white-washed wood, and mirrored surfaces. The service was very attentive and friendly. We tried several dishes including squid and squid ink risotto, heirloom tomatoes, foie gras jammers, scallops, a pork dish, coconut cake, and strawberry cake. Every single dish was delicious. And the cakes were just as good as everyone in previous reviews claimed. My friends were skeptical about this place after reading some negative reviews but everything was outstanding and completely exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014Lovely place to go to for dinner or drinks after work. Plates are yummy, although a bit small and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Telepan LocalDavidschuVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our first visit here was a very pleasant experience. All the dishes we tried were very good, but the trout special was one of the best dishes we have had in recent years in New York. Outstanding! Nice casual atmosphere, very different from the uptown branch. We hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Very, very disappointedFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014My friends had eated at Telepan on the upper West side so they were also excited about giving it a try. What a dissapointment. We tried the pizette first, the dough was chewey and had four slises of tomato with some cheese. I tried the "roast pork" which supposedly came with fingerling potatoes and corn. My friends had the fish and the steak. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The portions were small and the three pieces of pork looked like they had been boiled and then put under the broiler, now I know why the waiter asked if we wanted sides, there was maybe one fingerling potato chopped up with some corn and tomato on the plate and that was it. The only redeming side was the potato bravas. I would never go back.Special Features:
- Loved it!WineweekendDined on 9/20/2014We had a great dinner at Telepan Local. Our favorites were the fluke crudo, grilled cheese, bacon/radishes and spaetzle. Great wine, great service as well.Special Features:
- Good food and service but too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed our dinner, but the lack of any sound absorbing services (hard chairs/benches, hard tiles lining the walls) made for a very loud dining experience.
- Telepan TribecamnbnycVIPDined on 9/19/2014The wood and tile décor might not be to everyone's taste but it seems to work although the restaurant can get a bit noisy as a result. The food and service are very good. Not a huge menu but varied enough and the food is cooked and presented well. There are some interesting 'twists' such as the red pepper spaetzel. Some good desserts too. Certainly a very good addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from start to finishdoublericanDined on 9/18/2014try something from each section of the menu...and you must get a dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missFoodienicknameDined on 9/17/2014Served fried chicken and beef short rib each with warmed-over stale taste, and a drenched salad.Special Features:
- I thought it was great!NYCFoodDined on 9/15/2014Must get the foie gras jammers. Delicious! We went a "tapas" route, so in addition we got the oyster flatbread, spatzale and octopus. I thought everything was great and I would recommend the merlot on tap, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cant wait to go back!fabulousfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014What an unexpected delight when we made a last minute reservation on Saturday night. Three of us shared about 10 dishes and each one was delicious. We would order them all again! A particular favorite was the Crispy Fried Watercress. We will return!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSYetyet12Dined on 9/12/2014This place was amazing! I loved everything! One of my new favorites in NYC!Special Features:
- Good but not greatTKAGMADined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent . Decor was comfy. Food was good but not memorable. Octopus was over cooked . We tried Telepan Local because of Blackboard Eats 30% off but without the coupon it would be quite pricey, $14 for a mixed drink.
- My wife was blown awayjledetVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have eaten at uptown Telepan many times. And I've had lunch or drinks at this location. But when I took my wife here for dinner, she was over the moon. Amazing commitment to fresh, delicious food; great selection and variation on dishes; just a gem. And that coconut cake....coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014everything i had was dlish!!! I would go back when in tribecaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shame on you, Pete Wells!JanesterVIPDined on 8/27/2014The snarky one-star NYT review of Telepan Local almost kept me from trying this small plate restaurant. That would have been a big mistake! The food is delicious and inventive, the service is quite lovely, and the room is charming. Especially recommended: the tempura-fried watercress and the lamb sliders. Also the seasonal heirloom tomatoes with clams and a clam reduction vinaigrette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO!!!GoodEatsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had drinks at the bar. Very good bar tender knows his craft. Service quick and professional. Steak was great. Save room for dessert. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream sundae well worth the calories.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectations againDavepDined on 8/21/2014Staff and management created yet another incredible dining experience. New cocktails are exciting and delicious, and every plate was better than the last. Telepan sets the standard for service and hospitality. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing because hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014Heard so many good things about this restaurant but at the end of the day, presentation was great, the food was eh. A lot of things were over salted, which is a huge peeve of mine. Most things taste good when there's lots of salt and grease involved, but that shouldn't be the only taste served. The coconut cake was pretty good, nothing mind-blowing.
- Classic with a twistSnowVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love the food at Telepan Local. Service was great also. Please bring the banana dessert back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLocalFoodDudeDined on 8/18/2014Telepan Local is a great, comfortable, casual spot with a fantastic menu. I love that they advertise the farms that supply the food. Everything is fresh and local like the name states. The atmosphere is very comfortable; I felt like I was in Vermont at a cabin in the woods rather than in Tribeca. The servers wore plaid and the furniture was upscale yet rustic. The cocktail menu featured fresh, seasonal cocktails and the menu choices were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great farm to table food!ArtsysueDined on 8/16/2014The food was incredible. My group shared everything. We had the foie grass erred with little biscuits and raspberry jam, lamb sliders, roasted corn, the pork entree, and the strawberry cream cake. Everything was prepared to perfection. The only two complaints we had was that our waitress was terrible....I had to get help several times. She forgot to bring us our wine and some of the appetizers in a timely fashion. Also, the table was ridiculously small. Since we had several small plates, it was necessary to use the table adjacent to ours. Other than the service and table size, we really loved our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchSidspoDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had an anniversary lunch here on 8/15/14----the last day of restaurant week. We started with the delicious grilled cheese and amazing fluke crudo. The in between courses were very interesting, however, the broccoli rabe, clam pizzette, and red snapper were all too salty. My husband likes salt and he even felt that they should have cut back. We would try it again because the cooking style is quite creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!NicolasaBella022089Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week and the food was just delicious! 4 course of their tapas really filled us. Idk if the price is worth it otherwise but if you get a chance try it out! I had the lamb burger, mushrooms, roast pork and cheesecake ice cream dessert! I can't remember the last time I picked 4 great thins off a menu. Although seemed like everything there was excellent. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too noisy, service okJs47Dined on 8/14/2014Food was fantastic. There were 4 of us and we shared 4 resto week menus. Which was amazing because we got to try almost everything on the lunch menu. Favorites: lamb sliders, chicken salad, zucchini pizzette, faro and bean salad, coconut cake, sorbet Least favs: fluke. Because the interior is completely clad in wood, the space becomes very noisy! And service was fine, not particularly friendly... But not bad. Bonus: complimentary still and sparkling water. Overall I would go back and often. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went there for restaurant week... it was outstanding for most of the dishes, yet meh for a few of them... And the portions were perfect for me - I skipped desert - but 2 of my friends fought over the end of the dishes because they were still hungry. That would be the only 2 things. Besides that? We will be back!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food explorationepoh4Dined on 8/13/2014Was thinking I could eat 3 of these myself, when the lamb sliders came. Only one was mine! But, oh what a one! Delicious, juicy, tasting like fresh lamb. Friend with lone grilled cheese order also extremely happy. Fried watercress next, unique and yummy, but not a stunner. Friends Fluke crudo good, but a little overly sweet from fruit pairing. Broccoli rabe winner here. Short ribs, and red snapper - both very flavorful, satisfying. Amazing desserts! All fabulous. Left very happy. Atmosphere slightly uncomfortable, waitstaff polite, attentive. Come for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CasualdinerDined on 8/12/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes Service was well-timed and friendly Cute place including the downstairs dining room Staff create a warm atmosphere, including Bill Telepan who introduced himself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy tummy, happy life.YumIVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very creative and tasty food. My only complaint would be the portions to price ratio. I realize it's a meal of small plates but, when you find something so enjoyable, you want more of it. Just sayin'. My stomach may be satisfied but I'm not sure my wallet would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch, but priceyLiketoeatVIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall a nice brunch place, but the price is steep for the amount. Size of entrees/salads were about appetizer size, but the charge was entrée prices. Examples: 3 pieces of blue cornmeal pancakes cost $15. Potato Latkes house-smoked salmon & scrambled eggs $18. Guess that is the price to pay for farm to table. I would like to come back more often, but the price is keeping me away.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Those small plates were delicious. I loved my peanut butter sundae, it was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deafening But DeliciousDossieVIPDined on 8/7/2014The menu was atypical but interesting. The lamb sliders were the big hit. Fried watercress/cashew salad was dangerously salty. The menu, including drinks is local in its entirety, living up to its name. The young crowd drowned out all possibilities of a conversation. However, we coped (with hand signals) and actually had an enjoyable experience, but would not return.
- I will need more room than allowed!abssezgoDined on 8/4/2014where do I begin:music level high; choices for restaurant week looked good but were not good!!! carrots old & little feta; bacon tough & greasy; grilled cheese a disaster; everything over salted; many dishes used too much bread;1(not 5) foie gras (sweet cookie w/apricot jam & a bit of "paste" were "plopped" on a plate and looked forlorn; forks too big for plates; pick-up service BEFORE everyone was finished eating; used forks left at plate to be used for next course; iced tea pale; lemonade sour; coconut cake good but too sweet; mix-up with check when paying with 2 credit cards (took a while for waiter to correct) - I was really looking forward to this experience; I could never recommend this restaurant!
- charming, country farm ambiancedancingfoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was very good, with unusual combinations. Served in small portions similar to tapas, but no bread accompanied it. Service was good, ambiance lovely -- except for being incredibly noisy, though not full, it felt like a country farmhouse rather than a NYC restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.