401 Obst Road
Bulverde, TX 78163Neighborhood:
Timberwood Park / Bulverde
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tejassteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8309802205
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Thursday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Tyler Horstmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tejas Steakhouse and Saloon offers several catering options. Please call for more information regarding special events.
- Entertainment: Just 25 miles north of downtown San Antonio, TX, Tejas Steakhouse and Saloon attracts a variety of musical talent from local swing and folk artists to Texas country legends. Our brand new open air pavilion stage was made with both entertainer and audience in mind.
A word from Tejas Steakhouse
A true taste of Texas...Tejas Steakhouse and Saloon offers 100% natural Texas grown beef, locally distilled Texas Spirits, and of course Texan brews. Our signature KC Style steak is remniscent of the trail days and served up with your choice of steakhouse favorites. Adjacent to the Tejas Rodeo Company, Tejas Steakhouse offers live music Thursday thru Sunday along with a live Pro rodeo Saturday evenings from March thru November. For a true Texas experience, great food and fun for the whole family, visit Tejas Steakhouse and Saloon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tejas Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Night at the Rodeo70roadrunnerDined on 3/29/2014Outstanding motif, food and service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great steak prepared perfectlyMistoffoleVIPDined on 3/28/2014This was my second visit to Tejas Steak and I will be back again and again, the food is so good. They cook it perfectly, exactly as it should be. I had the akausa ribeye and it was like butter on my palate. Got to try the jalapeño Mac and cheese and the quail skewers, definitely tasty.Special Features:
- No reservations when we got thereJamesGuyVIPDined on 3/7/2014Drove 30 minutes to this location...Hostess stated we had no reservations as "Open Table was not working" at their restaurant! Then stated she could seat us, about 45 minuets after our reservation...we said no thank you....we will not be back
- Great hidden gemNursshar1Dined on 3/7/2014Who knew this place was tucked in between Stone Oak & Bulverde? The steaks are to die for, the sides cooked to perfection! They don't have a draft beer system YET, but it's coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great treatMistoffoleVIPDined on 3/2/2014Ok. It's out there a ways. But that's what makes me like it even more. It's a super compound that serves great steaks and has a whiskey bar that you need to try. The jalapeño Mac and cheese is a must. Get two if you have to share. Great ambiance. Real Texas and real fun. Enjoy the ride and definitely the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEY DIDN'T KNOW WE WERE COMINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014When we got there for our reservation, they were sold out and said they did not have a reservation for us. They also said they had been trying to withdraw from your services. We had to sit at the bar, instead of an "open table". Pretty much ruined our night out.Special Features:
- We were there for Valentines.LonestarDined on 2/14/2014We were there for Valentines. Everything was "shared" on one plate. Cute idea for Valentines, but very light on food. Small salad on one plate. Husbands steak and my two tiny rock lobster tails on one plate. One tiny dessert for two. The mussel appetizer share was very good but entire meal was definitely not worth $50 a head - even with the inclusion of a bottle of wine. Disappointing. Great acoustic guitar player though! Tipped him generously!Special Features:
- The bestEllieDined on 1/5/2014Our favorite steak restaurant. Great food, atmosphere and customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not badTejasDined on 11/2/2013We had the KC steak. It was cooked well and very flavorful. The side dishes were great as well as the wedge salad. Can't say it was the best steak dinner I ever had, but it was good. The biscuits were doughy on the inside and under cooked. I took a bite of my sons "kids" hamburger. It was huge, and absolutely delicious. Overall the meal was a little pricey in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night out with girlscrazy8sDined on 11/1/2013Our Crazy 8 girl's travel group visited Texas Hill Country. Visiting Tejas Seakhouse was a great night with an excellent menu that pleased everyone in the group. Great atmosphere in the restaurant, service, food and music! The complimentary biscuits started off a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIDDEN GEM IN BULVERDE!SAdinerDined on 8/31/2013The owner (Chef) is clearly very proud of this establishment, and rightfully so. The food was wonderful and the wait staff was knowledgeable, efficient, and gracious. Can't believe we have lived in north SA for 25+ years and only recently discovered this hidden gem in Bulverde! My only caveat is that you must make a reservation - this place is packed on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TejasHorseOwnerDined on 7/26/2013What a fabulous dining experience! The KC steak was excellent, bar none. The service was unrivaled; she was friendly, efficient and one of the best servers we have ever had. The chef even came out and cleared our plates and told us the desert choices. We had an overall wonderful time. We were celebrating a special event in our lives, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Dinner at TejasDornDined on 7/21/2013We recently dined at the Tejas Steak House. The food was great. Service was very quick and responsive. We really enjoyed the bread....will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsmh78229Dined on 7/6/2013They don't check the open table reservations very often. so if you make one on OpenTable, you might should call and confirm as well. we arrived and I knew nothing of our reservation I made on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ambience and steakShellybooDined on 5/12/2013I never do reviews, but hope to frequent tejas bar and grill as I lived the ambience and the fact that its in the middle of no where - a get away. Steak is awesome and love that you buy local and grass fed. No hormones, etc. my only recommendation would be to add more variety in the area of healthy fresh foods - veggies - steamed, and salads - like spinach , spring mix, goat cheese, beets, etc. check out cheese cake factories small plate selection. But otherwise - loved it and will for sure come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and fun eveningLuvfoodVIPDined on 5/11/2013The restaurant is having issues receiving the Open Table reservations,so make your reservation through the restaurant website. Open Table let us book a reservation when the restaurant was supposedly already booked. Texas Steakhouse honored our reservation and treated us like nothing ever happened. They were great! The food is great! We can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013When I made my reservation through open table the restaurant called and informed me they were booked and would "squeeze" me in. Boy they were not kidding!! They put us in a tiny table in the back of the restaurant OUTSIDE and when I asked for a table inside they insisted that I asked for outside and that they were Booked. The kids were running and screaming and parents didn't supervise, I informed the waiter and he said yes they are loud, and that was it. Our steaks were cold but tasty, the beers were not as cold and they said it was because they were so busy. I won't eat there again.Special Features: