5492 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teikokurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6106448270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a formal dinner party, casual get together, corporate luncheon, cocktail reception or wedding, Teikoku's catering can handle all of the particulars to ensure that your next engagement will be truly distinctive and memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Teikoku Restaurant is designed to accommodate private parties of 10 to 70 or more guests. We offer the flexibility for our guests to have either a family function , business event or an intimate wedding. Our guests can choose from one of our many dining rooms to fit their needs. We also offer off site catering options
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Rinear 6106448270
- Special Events: The restaurant is equipped with the latest technology for any of your party or business requirements. Whatever your needs may be, the staff at Teikoku Restaurant is here to serve you.
A word from Teikoku Restaurant
Teikoku Restaurant offers an exciting array of Asian Contemporary dishes complimented by an excellent sushi bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Teikoku Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newtown Square ›
Teikoku Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (33)great for outdoor dining (30)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (18)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not as good as it wasBestbobVIPDined on 8/16/2014Haven't been there in a couple of years. The food was ok which is fine except its pretty pricy. The service was excellant .. 2 drinks, 2 apitisers, 1 special roll, 2 regular rolls, & 2 deserts. $110 + 22 tip....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKIKI1972VIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been there probably 10 times. It never disappoints.
- Missed opportunitytoughcriticDined on 8/2/2014Re-visiting Teikoku after many years, it remains an attempt to be "exotic" in an area with many Italian and Asian restaurants. The dining room where we were seated was maybe 3/4 full but servers seemed rushed. We had barely started our cocktails when appetizers arrived; entrees shortly after starter plates were whisked away. Food was average. Highlight was the saffron cream sauce and steamed lobster rolls. The orange Chilean sea bass was nicely presented but unremarkable or memorable in any other way. The house tuna roll and special Poseidon roll were not significantly above what's available at high-end supermarkets. On the whole an okay, if expensive, experience. We're not hurrying back.
- Fantastic sushi rollsCarolVMVIPDined on 7/29/2014The specialty rolls are wonderful. We shared a Teikoku roll (wrapped in thinly shaved cucumber) and a Fire Dragon roll. I had sashimi as my entree. It was well presented and delicious - mainly tunas and salmon with another white fish. The 6:30-8:30 PM dinner atmosphere was lively - but not too loud - on a Tuesday night. It looks like the bar draws a regular crowd.
- I expected more...FoodiePrincessDined on 7/21/2014I learned of the Teikoku from a popular Instagram page. I was excited to tasted the awesome dishes that I'd seen online. The lettuce wraps were awesome. The sushi was average at best. The spicy tuna rolls were mush and nothing to discern that it was in fact tuna. The bit and sour soup was tasty & thick. The salads were large but not very memorable. The arugula salad had frid goat cheese that was overbreaded. The calamari salad was soggy and had way too many ingredients that didn't mesh like large pieces of celery and soggy but flavorful calamari pieces. The wings were average. Dessert was exciting with the fried ice cream with its 3 dipping sauces. The Creme Brûlée was fine. Overall it wasn't bad but totally didn't meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Amazing dinner, appetizers are great to share (fondue, kobe beef hot rock). Sushi is always amazing. They were out of a couple of items (lobster, wine) which was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent food!!!DandKDined on 7/19/2014The food here is above all else in Delaware county. It's a little chilly, so for the ladies bring a sweater.Special Features:
- Great as usualJimFKDined on 7/17/2014Food, service, and ambience were fantastic for a week night dinner. This is a special place for special meals. During the Summer there is less of a crowd and a calmer atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Wonderful experience, terrific ambience and great service.Special Features:
- Superb!GisiDined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent in every way - fresh, fabulous flavors, beautifully presented. The service was first-class as well - friendly and efficient, never over-bearing but always available when needed. Our waiter also answered all our questions patiently and completely. Very clean, friendly, beautiful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner was a HIT!ThiaDined on 7/5/2014Took my parents for Dad's birthday. First time there. Started with apps: The Shrimp and Lobster Tempura Fondue, and a special for the evening of sushi/sashimi - chef's choice. Both were excellent. (Tempura batter can be bland, but the fondue had good flavor, and seafood and veges don't always cooked through or are overdone - Teikoku got it on the mark. ) I had the Sesame Tuna over sweet potato (I don't eat yams but tried it and actually ate it - first time ever eating more than a spoonful), Dad had the Orange Chilean Seabass (enjoyed it a lot), and Mom the Sesame Chicken (a little too big a portion for her, had to take it home, and rice a little too wet for her taste, but reheated beautifully though and she loved it - stickier).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFoodSnob34Dined on 7/2/2014Consistency in restaurants is so underrated, and Teikoku is just consistently good. They tend to be our go-to spot for get-togetherness because we know the food will be perfect, the service will be great, and the price will be just right. Their sushi is tough to beat amongst other mid to high range Japanese restaurants and their entrees are classically prepared and beautifully presented. What I always rave about the most is the service; you're never looking for a refill on anything, yet your waiter pays close attention to when to jump in and check on you (not always stopping by and breaking up a conversation) so the balance is really nice there. Just a fantastic spot...well worth the visit!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!roadwarriorVIPDined on 6/28/2014Teikoku has been my go to favorite for many years for business meetings and for intimate dinners with friends. The staff there is always accommodating and the food is fabulous!Special Features:
- Just an incredible dining spotDelcoTeikokuFanDined on 6/23/2014Have been coming here for at least 10 years, the sesame encrusted tuna is the best, love the wasabi mashed potatoes and the creme brulee is to die for!Special Features:
- Our ServerSaturday06212014Dined on 6/21/2014Our server was awesome! I wish I remembered his name. Great service. Super nice. Made it a great night for all. The food is always exceptional and well presented. This is a nice spot for an evening out. It is very busy but not overly loud and the staff is always very pleasant even at the peak of dinner rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillSpauldDined on 6/14/2014This used to be our favorite restaurant. They are always out of oysters by 7 on a Saturday (Its happened 3 times now). On our most recent visit we were there for an hour an a half, spent $85, and I left without eating. They were not busy but clearly were unable to handle the business they had. When my app finally came it was good but we had been there for 30 minutes (we gave our waiter our whole order when he greeted us). When entrees did come out mine was wrong. I ordered the special duck and I received fish. After 30 more minutes of waiting for the correct entrée, my husband had finished his meal (which was awful!) and I just asked to cancel my order and the check. Luckily they didn't charge me for the duck I Never got.
- Worth a VisitMcCoyDined on 6/7/2014Teikoku has good sushi and other Asian type food. Service is very good and atmosphere is nice. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014A bit pricey, but excellent food and service. We shared various sushi logs that were all excellent. Had a nice long meal without being rushed.
- Another great experienceJimFKDined on 6/5/2014An Italian wine tasting menu with Asian inspired food was fantastic. We enjoyed meeting Win Somboonsong, the owner, and his delightful wife Sutida at this affair, they are gracious hosts that made our evening extra special. We enjoyed the experience and highly recommend Teikoku for any type of occasion, or even just a quick cocktail and snack at the bar.Special Features:
- Dry ducksam1959VIPDined on 5/31/2014Been to this place dozens of times. Usually order the sushi but veered and ordered the duck. Big mistake. Guess you can't bat 1000 all the time. Usually a can't miss meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect "Go To"CristinaT123Dined on 5/30/2014I've been to Teikoku several times, and they have yet to disappoint. I've had lovely romantic dinners with my husband, but just recently, we had a larger group get together for a friend's birthday. They sat us in a room with another larger group, which was perfect, because we felt like we weren't disturbing anyone. We had an AWESOME meal, and we sat and laughed for hours. Our server was perfectly attentive and so patient with us. He sensed that we wanted to enjoy each others' company. Thanks again to Teikoku for coming through yet again.Special Features:
- Teikokugoodeats68Dined on 5/24/2014Wonderful place for almost any occasion, great interior decorating, friendly staff, and delicious sushi.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly staffJkdinerDined on 5/22/2014We really enjoyed the food and the staff at this restaurant. We were unfortunate enough to be sitting near a table if loud, rude people. We actually had to tell them that their behavior was inappropriate. Other than that, it was a fun experience for everyone in our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdwardDined on 5/14/2014Service and food were great as always. Will definitely be back soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sashimi <3girlygirl192Dined on 5/11/2014We went here for Mother's Day Brunch and everything was delicious and the service was phenomenal. They had great cooked food with an Asian spin to eat and they had a magnificent sushi and sashimi display. I've only eaten the fake sushi before, the fish that is cooked or California roll. I tried their sashimi and I fell in love. My mom commented on how skilled the sushi chef had to be to make the sashimi that perfect. They had a good dessert selection too, and the attendant even took the temperature of the melted chocolate. You know a restaurant cares and takes pride when they are concerned about the temperature of food at a buffet. I would definitely go back for brunch or dinner.Special Features:
- impressedMyrrDined on 5/10/2014we brought a couple that had never been there before and they were impressed. we always try restaurants together and it was our choice. we had a great time. our waiter was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Pest ControlSrb1Dined on 5/10/2014Pest Control is needed, stink bugs seem to be behind light on wall. Constantly flying around us or climbing the wall. Server said she would notify manager, no one came to speak with us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceLisaDined on 5/9/2014We were a party of three with Friday night reservations. We enjoyed the family style service where we shared Tempura Fondue, Oysters, pork dumplings and three sushi rolls. We were thrilled with our choices as everything was delicious. We finished our meal with fried ice cream and a chocolate soufflé, again both delicious. Great company, Great Food and Service, Great night!Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningNicwhitDined on 5/4/2014Service started out nicely, giving us time to choose cocktails and appetizers. Appetizers were amazing, especially the Peking Duck and Pork Dumplings. After the appetizers, the server took a very long time to clear our next course. We split an entree, the diver scallops, which were completely overcooked. I would have sent them back, but our server didn't return to the table, for at least 30 minutes. The manager (I would assume, wearing a tie and walking around aimlessly) walked past our table several times and never cleared our plates. Nor did anyone that walked by bother to let our server know that were finished. Dessert was just ok. Would have gotten a higher rating with better service, even with the overcooked scallops.
- Never a bad meal...GruuveeTravelerDined on 5/2/2014We returned to Teikoku with our kids this time and they all enjoyed the food! We now have gone for Business Dinners, Romantic dinners and family dinners....Never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of Exotic-Excellantdeviews1Dined on 4/29/2014I wanted something different for my daughter's birthday. Teikoku was the perfect place. The food was like a journey..a little something different, but all exquisitely fresh and cooked to perfection. Unlike other asian influenced restaurants we've tried, the food was not overly high in sodium. I felt good after my meal, not overstuffed, but portions were perfect. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her birthday dinner and I was proud that I'd chosen Teikoku! It had been awhile since I'd been there and was so glad that the quality and overall experience was still so very good! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great food and service!bs1653Dined on 4/29/2014I went here for the first time this week on a romantic date. The service was fast and friendly. The bar specials were cheap for hand rolls and beer. I ordered the spider roll, volcano roll, lobster and shrimp fondue and two alcoholic drinks. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- tkleinmaDined on 4/26/2014We eat at Teikoku frequently and we love it. The guys working the sushi bar are friendly and always make the evening special!!Special Features:
- seems to be slipping - was betterraidersix2002VIPDined on 4/26/2014So . . . we had dinner before a movie. We arrive on time and were escorted to an empty back room and crammed into a small 2-top pressed against a wall near the kitchen door. We should have punted then! Not sure what we did to get a bad a table in an otherwise empty room. My fiancée ordered a filet medium rare, it was a beautiful cut of meat - before it was over cooked. I had sesame chicken and a spring roll. Despite taking quite a while, the spring roll was tepid. The sesame chicken was just okay. The vegetables were over cooked and the chicken very heavily battered and chewy. The sesame sauce was both bland and goopy, not very attractive at all. At least the meal was inexpensive at $75.06 including tip and one glass of wine.
- very relaxing dinnerBreadDined on 4/25/2014From the hostess to our servers they were all very friendly and accommodating and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 779 reviews are from the Teikoku Restaurant reviews archive.
- Special Place To GoSpecialPlaceVIPDined on 4/22/2014This was a fabulous place to take my Confidential Secretary to celebrate Administrative Professional's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Fresh Tasting Dinnerwade6974Dined on 4/19/2014I had dinner with several friends and we all commented on the exception freshness of the food we ordered. The sushi was very good and fresh. My brother in law commented that the sea bass he had ordered was excellent. Several of us ordered the rock shrimp tempura and it also was excellent, even better than I remember when I ordered before. All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!EsullivanDined on 4/19/2014The food was outstanding with quick service! The waitress was very helpful and cheerful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tast. tasty tastyColleenCuisineDined on 4/19/2014I had the scallops and they were so tender and in such a great sauce. the side dish was palate pleasing also. I loved the dark chocolate gelato...rich and creamy and felt so decadent.Special Features:
- BEST sushi in the areaPammyDined on 4/18/2014I love Teikoku! Quality food. Sushi is delish!! Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.