5492 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teikokurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6106448270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a formal dinner party, casual get together, corporate luncheon, cocktail reception or wedding, Teikoku's catering can handle all of the particulars to ensure that your next engagement will be truly distinctive and memorable.
- Private Party Facilities: Teikoku Restaurant is designed to accommodate private parties of 10 to 70 or more guests. We offer the flexibility for our guests to have either a family function , business event or an intimate wedding. Our guests can choose from one of our many dining rooms to fit their needs. We also offer off site catering options
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Rinear 6106448270
- Special Events: The restaurant is equipped with the latest technology for any of your party or business requirements. Whatever your needs may be, the staff at Teikoku Restaurant is here to serve you.
A word from Teikoku Restaurant
Teikoku Restaurant offers an exciting array of Asian Contemporary dishes complimented by an excellent sushi bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teikoku Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (37)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Always great food and serviceMelishurls127VIPDined on 10/25/2014Restaurant is always busy and the service is excellent! You can have a quick diner or relax and take your time. Seafood and sushi are always fresh and an excellent choice! Creative, consistent dished with excellent service!Special Features:
- Amazing!Foodie610Dined on 10/25/2014Our service was great, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Always find myself satisfiedmichaeldoorVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food is always fresh and find myself trying a little of everything as I split it with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Everything was awesome, loved the food and drinks!! The only thing that was really annoying was we order our first round of drinks and it laterally took 10 to 15 minutes to get to the table. We just watched our beer sit there until someone finally brought them to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingrcwestchesterVIPDined on 10/18/2014We dine here a few times per year, and have always enjoyed it. This time, however, we were disappointed. The service was slow, it took nearly 20 minutes to get a beverage when we arrived at our table. I ordered the crispy duck, which was ... very crispy - and VERY dry. It is served with rice and bok choy - I chose not to get the rice, but they were very stingy on the bok choy, which was swimming in broth. My husband had the braised short rib, he enjoyed it, but has had better. We hope to have a better experience in the future.
- Great food and service as usualMelishurls127VIPDined on 10/11/2014Service was outstanding!!!!! Food was delicious and consistent as usual. One of our favorite "go to" restaurants!Special Features:
- Sushi bonanzaSadInWCVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was memorable. We had the sushi special, which was to die for. The other sushi we had was also great. All in all, great dinner. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilmingtonlocalDined on 10/8/2014Great food and service. Location a bit out of the way, took us longer to get there than we thought.Special Features:
- 11201120Dined on 10/4/2014The food is always excellent-the Hawaian butter fish is amazing. I would recommend lighting the first entrance up off West Chester pike-very dark and hard to see that drive in ThanksSpecial Features:
- great fresh foodmichaeldoorVIPDined on 10/2/2014I have been here many times and never disappointed. Good is very fresh and good.It's great with friends or if you have that special date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ksqnrseDined on 10/1/2014First time at Teikoku. The food was excellent and the environment was appealing and welcoming. Our server Chris was friendly and knowledgeable. Drink prices were higher than expected and food prices were moderate. Will enjoy again for future special occasions.Special Features:
- 4foodDined on 9/26/2014Always Great Food! Just need to bring back the fig gelato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FindbestDined on 9/20/2014We love this place. The sushi bar is great, and so are the people that work here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always tastyMelishurls127VIPDined on 9/19/2014Food is delicious. Great sushi bar. One of our "go to"restaurants. Always consistent and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Really liked itedeneskiDined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. It was very busy but they had our table available right away. It was a bit loud but not over bearing. Service was good but not over the top.Special Features:
- Great Asian FusionRetiredGourmetVIPDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites. I have tried several dishes on the menu over the years and it never disappoints. Tables are set in a way that you can have a conversation without having to rise your voice.Special Features:
- Reliably great food (mostly)DelcoGPSDined on 9/15/2014Teikoku is a favorite of ours. Mostly excellent food - always beautifully presented. The Chilean Sea Bass entree was so colorful I had to take a photo. Our server, Nizar, was attentive and helpful. Our only problem was the desert my husband ordered to bring home - banana bread pudding w/ vanilla gelato. It was packed nicely, in separate containers so we could keep the gelato frozen. BUT when he tried to eat it later that evening he found the bread pudding extremely unpalatable. I tasted it also and agreed it was literally NOT edible. The gelato was the only part we ate. The rest of this $12!!! desert went in the trash. We expect high prices at Teikoku, and it's usually worth the cost, but that $12 desert left a very bad final impression.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014We were first seated in a smallish room with a few large parties. It was very noisy and we requested another table in a quieter area. The staff was very helpful and put us at a bigger table in another quieter room. Food was good as usual and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not order butter FishLuluDined on 9/1/2014Butter Fish produced terrible problems, most disgusting. Do not eat butter fish! It looked appetizing and tasted good, but oh no- never again.
- Authentic Japanese ExperienceDiningatitsbestDined on 9/1/2014I have visited Japan several times and enjoyed their restaurants, both the setting and cuisine, for their purity and careful food preparation. I was delighted to enjoy the same experience at Teikoku Restaurant. The restaurant delights the senses the moment you walk in and the special touches become apparent after you sit down and have a moment to look around. And, the menu offerings are imaginative and exciting. This was my first time here; I'll be back!Special Features:
- Love this place!qnkellyDined on 8/29/2014Ive been here twice and love it. Aladdin was out server and he was amazing! I would love to have him again. He gave us great recommendations and fast service. The food was great. Everything I have ate here in the 2 times ive been here have been beautiful and amazing. It was a busy weekend night and I used open table app and didn't have to wait one minute for my table. Thank you both for such a wonderful night. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MonicaDivergentDined on 8/29/2014She was a awesome server. Very knowledgeable n friendly! Food was A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatFillyFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014After not going for several months, went for dinner. Soft shell crab roll was delicious but it went down hill from there. Filet entrée arrived rare rather than medium. Crispy duck breast arrived looking like it had been over fried. Too crispy outside and dry on the inside. Think the Happy Hour drinks and bar appetizer specials are a better choice.Special Features:
- AwesomefoodDined on 8/22/2014Always a great meal, and Matthew the manager always nice to see him.Special Features:
- Not as good as it wasBestbobVIPDined on 8/16/2014Haven't been there in a couple of years. The food was ok which is fine except its pretty pricy. The service was excellant .. 2 drinks, 2 apitisers, 1 special roll, 2 regular rolls, & 2 deserts. $110 + 22 tip....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsKIKI1972VIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been there probably 10 times. It never disappoints.
- Missed opportunitytoughcriticDined on 8/2/2014Re-visiting Teikoku after many years, it remains an attempt to be "exotic" in an area with many Italian and Asian restaurants. The dining room where we were seated was maybe 3/4 full but servers seemed rushed. We had barely started our cocktails when appetizers arrived; entrees shortly after starter plates were whisked away. Food was average. Highlight was the saffron cream sauce and steamed lobster rolls. The orange Chilean sea bass was nicely presented but unremarkable or memorable in any other way. The house tuna roll and special Poseidon roll were not significantly above what's available at high-end supermarkets. On the whole an okay, if expensive, experience. We're not hurrying back.
- Fantastic sushi rollsCarolVMVIPDined on 7/29/2014The specialty rolls are wonderful. We shared a Teikoku roll (wrapped in thinly shaved cucumber) and a Fire Dragon roll. I had sashimi as my entree. It was well presented and delicious - mainly tunas and salmon with another white fish. The 6:30-8:30 PM dinner atmosphere was lively - but not too loud - on a Tuesday night. It looks like the bar draws a regular crowd.
- I expected more...FoodiePrincessDined on 7/21/2014I learned of the Teikoku from a popular Instagram page. I was excited to tasted the awesome dishes that I'd seen online. The lettuce wraps were awesome. The sushi was average at best. The spicy tuna rolls were mush and nothing to discern that it was in fact tuna. The bit and sour soup was tasty & thick. The salads were large but not very memorable. The arugula salad had frid goat cheese that was overbreaded. The calamari salad was soggy and had way too many ingredients that didn't mesh like large pieces of celery and soggy but flavorful calamari pieces. The wings were average. Dessert was exciting with the fried ice cream with its 3 dipping sauces. The Creme Brûlée was fine. Overall it wasn't bad but totally didn't meet my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Amazing dinner, appetizers are great to share (fondue, kobe beef hot rock). Sushi is always amazing. They were out of a couple of items (lobster, wine) which was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent food!!!DandKDined on 7/19/2014The food here is above all else in Delaware county. It's a little chilly, so for the ladies bring a sweater.Special Features:
- Great as usualJimFKDined on 7/17/2014Food, service, and ambience were fantastic for a week night dinner. This is a special place for special meals. During the Summer there is less of a crowd and a calmer atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014Wonderful experience, terrific ambience and great service.Special Features:
- Superb!GisiDined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent in every way - fresh, fabulous flavors, beautifully presented. The service was first-class as well - friendly and efficient, never over-bearing but always available when needed. Our waiter also answered all our questions patiently and completely. Very clean, friendly, beautiful atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner was a HIT!ThiaDined on 7/5/2014Took my parents for Dad's birthday. First time there. Started with apps: The Shrimp and Lobster Tempura Fondue, and a special for the evening of sushi/sashimi - chef's choice. Both were excellent. (Tempura batter can be bland, but the fondue had good flavor, and seafood and veges don't always cooked through or are overdone - Teikoku got it on the mark. ) I had the Sesame Tuna over sweet potato (I don't eat yams but tried it and actually ate it - first time ever eating more than a spoonful), Dad had the Orange Chilean Seabass (enjoyed it a lot), and Mom the Sesame Chicken (a little too big a portion for her, had to take it home, and rice a little too wet for her taste, but reheated beautifully though and she loved it - stickier).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodFoodSnob34Dined on 7/2/2014Consistency in restaurants is so underrated, and Teikoku is just consistently good. They tend to be our go-to spot for get-togetherness because we know the food will be perfect, the service will be great, and the price will be just right. Their sushi is tough to beat amongst other mid to high range Japanese restaurants and their entrees are classically prepared and beautifully presented. What I always rave about the most is the service; you're never looking for a refill on anything, yet your waiter pays close attention to when to jump in and check on you (not always stopping by and breaking up a conversation) so the balance is really nice there. Just a fantastic spot...well worth the visit!Special Features:
- The following 804 reviews are from the Teikoku Restaurant reviews archive.
- Never disappoints!roadwarriorVIPDined on 6/28/2014Teikoku has been my go to favorite for many years for business meetings and for intimate dinners with friends. The staff there is always accommodating and the food is fabulous!Special Features:
- Just an incredible dining spotDelcoTeikokuFanDined on 6/23/2014Have been coming here for at least 10 years, the sesame encrusted tuna is the best, love the wasabi mashed potatoes and the creme brulee is to die for!Special Features:
- Our ServerSaturday06212014Dined on 6/21/2014Our server was awesome! I wish I remembered his name. Great service. Super nice. Made it a great night for all. The food is always exceptional and well presented. This is a nice spot for an evening out. It is very busy but not overly loud and the staff is always very pleasant even at the peak of dinner rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillSpauldDined on 6/14/2014This used to be our favorite restaurant. They are always out of oysters by 7 on a Saturday (Its happened 3 times now). On our most recent visit we were there for an hour an a half, spent $85, and I left without eating. They were not busy but clearly were unable to handle the business they had. When my app finally came it was good but we had been there for 30 minutes (we gave our waiter our whole order when he greeted us). When entrees did come out mine was wrong. I ordered the special duck and I received fish. After 30 more minutes of waiting for the correct entrée, my husband had finished his meal (which was awful!) and I just asked to cancel my order and the check. Luckily they didn't charge me for the duck I Never got.