Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
110 West 51st Street Time Life Bldg.
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tedsmontanagrill.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-5220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Raucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
You are warmly invited to Ted’s Montana Grill for an afternoon or evening of Authentic American Dining. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the American West, a time when simplicity, pride and respect were the most important ingredients, Ted’s Montana Grill proves that honest food served with genuine hospitality is timeless. Known for its modern interpretation of hand-prepared, 100% fresh classic comfort food, the chef-inspired menu features the finest cuts and best selection of bison in New York City, including high-quality, flavorful steaks and award-winning burgers amongst a variety of other unique menu items such as crab cakes, daily fresh catches and unique desserts. The extensive wine list presents elegant varietals that pair with the bold menu including our exclusively blended private label wine, Bison Ridge. The kind of place that’s familiar and inviting, Ted’s is the real deal for those craving true Authentic American Dining in a casual, upscale setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ted's Montana Grill - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (40)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hungry ManCortezDined on 3/11/2014A friend of mine went to the restaurant in ATL, said the burgers were good. So we tried the one in NYC and the burger did not disappoint. The waitress (Elissa) was super sweet and the food was on point. The burger (Red Rock) was packed with so much flavor. I will be back for seconds!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ted's Never Disappointsgourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 3/11/2014I frequent Ted's in NYC and Atlanta when I travel. It's perfect for a business lunch, and an occasional biz dinner. But, the locations I frequent have very comfortable bars where I can eat SOLO. The food is always excellent and the service attentive. I only wish there was a Ted's in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Top place!SweetAnnie44Dined on 3/7/2014The food is delicious and the service is excellent and friendly. Last reservation which I made was 10:30. I thought the theater would be over by 10:00. They close the kitchen by 11:00 but took great care of us. If you go, you can't get there later than 10:30. Wished that we could've gone before the theater! This was my second time there and will definitely go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and efficientDboyVIPDined on 3/6/2014Good quality food and very courteous service. Enjoy the bison fillet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!KellyDined on 2/28/2014I have been here several times and I have never been disapointed. I really think this is a neighborhood gem because its neslted between rockafeller center and times square. There are several steakhouse located around and Ted's give you the amazing food for really half the price. The night I had a reservation they were offering a steak sauce with bourbon and bbq, simply delicious! I highly recommmed Ted's, go for the Ted's signature margarita!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bison burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014I love this place. The location (near Times Square) is really convenient. I have been there several times for lunch. They offer high quality burgers for a reasonable price. I highly recommend the George Cadillac burger with bison meat. Yummy ! The service is good and the waiters always nice. It might take a while to be served though, and the restaurant can be loud at peak hours. But if you're not in a hurry and enjoy lively places, these might not even be negative points !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceKmllDined on 2/14/2014The best part of the experience was the bison steak, it was trendier, moist and delicious. The specialty drink, Bufflo Run, I think it is called was also very good. Our server was excellent as well. The only complaint would be about the sides, the potatoes tasted like they came out a box and the brocolli was cold and flavorless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to locationMidtownEatingVIPDined on 2/1/2014This place is worth your time and money. Great service and great food. The Bison is excellent---that's all we've sampled, but I can't recommend the place enough. Slightly more casual than some of your Manhattan steak houses, but still great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it Love it Love it!!!MataFACEDined on 1/31/2014Love it Love it Love it!!! It never disappoints. The bison burgers are to die for. Great happy hour menu and appetizer selections!Special Features:
- Nice and cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2014I'd love some menu variety since I eat here frequently/work upstairs.
- Warm and heartyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2014The roast chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans was heavy on salt but warm and comforting on a chilly night. The booths are cozy and make conversation easier. Service was attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for business luncheonMikeFromColoradoDined on 1/20/2014I needed a place to host a business meeting for 10 people during lunchtime amid a national engineering conference offsite but close to the conference location. I chose Ted Montana's using Open Table because I've eaten at their Colorado Springs location several times and never had a bad experience. In midtown NY City, they nailed it. We were seated in a small room that fit the group size perfectly, and we were treated very well by the wait staff. Service was prompt and unobtrusive; the food was really good; and the cost was lower than expected. The whole experience was very enjoyable, and I'd like to thank Ted Montana's for taking the time to do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMDCollectorVIPDined on 1/18/2014We visited this restaurant on a family weekend trip to NY. Food was very good, standouts were the meatloaf and bison burgers. Steak was well cooked but I've had more flavorful rib-eye. Staff was very friendly and very accommodating to our 9 and 4 year olds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!!!MiMiDined on 1/16/2014Great find in Manhattan! Good food, excellent service close to theaters! 2nd time at this place and enjoyed it even more! The Bison Filet was terrific and all members of our party enjoyed their choices! We will return when in the area!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableChrisDined on 1/14/2014Ted's Montana Grill is always a great choice for drinks or dinner in the Midtown area. Most other options are extremely expensive or pub type places. Sometimes the bar area can be a bit crowded after work; but once you're seated at a table it's spacious and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Elegance!JayMDined on 1/12/2014Other than the salad not being fresh, and the butter on the 14oz steak being salted, the food is very good. That's the only reason I rated it very good and not outstanding. It is kid friendly if they are well mannered. Great for special occasions and groups as they have a secluded family room. Great wine list and last but not least, they serve beef and bison! Definitely worth a try....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick dinner after workjappleby1Dined on 1/7/2014Joined a former co-worker in town on business here on a Tuesday night. We were in the mood for steak but didn't want to spend a lot. He had the Bison Rib-eye and felt that it was slightly over cooked and a bit tough. I decided on the bison burger and enjoyed it. Drinks were good as well as salad and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Deal in NYCNJTaylorsDined on 1/2/2014Good food at reasonable prices for the city. Only tips: Skip the Caesar salad. Order the Apple Pecan Crisp for dessert.Special Features:
- C-c-c-coldjustjamesVIPDined on 1/2/2014I went to Ted's on a very cold day. We were seated in the main part of the dining room, not really near the door but in a path to it. It was very cold outside that day. For reasons I can't explain the door seemed to be open all the time, and the cold air just came rushing in. It was freezing; in fact, it was so cold that by the time the check came, my hands were shaking. Ted's is a good place, but I will never go there on a cold day again.
- Family Excursion to NYCFlynFlamDined on 12/29/2013Our family went to Ted's after a friend's recommendation to celebrate our daughter's 10th birthday. We were looking for something a little more upscale for the special occasion, but something that the kids would enjoy and would also not break the bank during their first trip to NYC. From the grilled shrimp appetizer to the Bison Ribeye, Crabcakes, Ted's Filet & Kids steak, everything was great! We topped it off with Wildberry Cheesecake, Hand-made Shakes & Sorbet. Our reservations were early enough (7:30pm) that the crowds were not bad at all. The service was very good and staff was friendly. The experience was great and the kids really enjoyed their "fancy" dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2013Very friendly atmosphere. Food and drinks were excellent and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Radio City Music Halltpd0418Dined on 12/29/2013My wife and I dined at Ted's before taking in a recent performance at Radio City Music Hall. We shared onion rings and each had an entree salad that we could have shared, they were so large. The menu is not extensive, but I've enjoyed everything I've ever ordered at a Ted's. Our service was the best we had during our recent trip to NYC. Finally, it is literally around the corner from Radio City Music Hall, making it an ideal choice if you are attending a show there - no more than a 2 minute walk. And after having paid $94 for two cheeseburgers the previous evening at a local pub, this bill was significantly easier on the wallet!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday Dinner ExperiencedianeDined on 12/28/2013All was excellent, but I would recommend that you change your billing system. When I received the bill, it looked like the server put the evening special in as separates which would have inflated the price. The server said all people question this. If this is so, it should be changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- holiday get togethermikeDined on 12/27/2013Great location near Rockafeller center for a family get together after Christmas, busy but good overall service and food.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodMmmBisonDined on 12/22/2013Awesome food - the nachos and meatloaf were truly spectacular. All the different burger options were impressive. Came into city to see Radio City Christmas show and Rockefeller Tree, so Ted's was an easy walk from both. Atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ted's great for family dining.RAK22Dined on 12/21/2013Our family met at Ted's in NYC just before Christmas as a group of fourteen and had a great experience. The food was awesome and the service excellent. This is a must for any visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid day lunchKnightlifeDined on 12/19/2013Went on a Thursday for lunch while in the city. Made reservations for 11:15 , so glad we did, by the time we left right before noon there were people waiting in line. Open table came through again! Had soup and burgers, service was attentive and quick and food was hot and delicious. Not our first time at Ted's and will not be our last, highly recommend trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServiceDesWilliamsDined on 12/18/2013The place is very inviting and I saw a lot of people at the bar. We had such an amazing waiter and the food was not only yummy (I hadthe steak frites and my boyfriend had the bison) but it wad also big in portion. For dessert he had the brownie and and had a coojie and ice cream -so good!!. The only problem I had was the everytime the door opened I would get a burst of wind hitting me while I ate, which was chilly. Otherwise great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple EleganceNECAHDined on 12/17/2013We were very happy with the simple elegance of the restaurant. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We cannot wait to visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm and cozy restaurant.DayoutDined on 12/14/2013Very warm and cozy restaurant. The service was excellent. The food was very good and reasonably priced for lunch. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the dressing on our Caesar salads, it was tasteless oily dressing not a good Caesar dressing. All and all a wonderful lunch and we would go back again.Special Features:
- Business LunchmlvsigmaVIPDined on 12/10/2013I had a business lunch here and it worked out great. For those of you scared of eating Bison they have plenty of other choices on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Radio City Choice for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013The restaurant is one block from the famed Radio City Music Hall,. This was our first experience at the restaurant and found it to be a reasonably priced steakhouse. We were fortunate to get a booth which added an air of romance to our special night. Our waitress was very pleasant and the service was excellent. I had the Bison Strip and my wife had the Filet of Beef. The sides were also good I recommend the baked potato and mushrooms. All I can say is that the restaurant was a pleasant surprise and made our night special. Thanks for a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to standardJerryDined on 12/7/2013Recently went to Teds for the first time. Not what I was expecting. Food was only so- so and pretty expensive. Doubtful I'll be back.
- Too busy for good service.FrankDined on 12/7/2013Order was messed up twice. First we were served the wrong items. Second, we were charged $16 extra for mediocre wine that was supposed to be "featured". Finally, we didn't get one of the deserts we ordered. Had to get the waiter's attention to bring items that were standard on other tables, such as bread, butter, etc. Needed to have server adjust the bill for incorrect charges. Intentional?????
- Enjoyed the bison burgerJimboDined on 12/6/2013Bison is served as a speciality of the house and is worth a shot. Enjoyed my juicy burger immensely. Wife had the short ribs and they were tender and flavorful. Add to your list of NYC restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Juicy bison burgersGusAndSophyDined on 12/6/2013Great food, cocktails and service. The little ones loved the sliders and the big people loved the bison burgers. It's crowded during lunch so get there noon sharp or u will have to wait. Love the ambiance, dark wood panel walls, enormous bison head and tin ceiling tiles set the tone for a relaxing visit. The servers are super friendly and the food came out within 10 minutes after our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks and nice ambiencepattyDined on 12/5/2013I have ordered a bison steak for the first time and it was superb! the waitress was nice and the ambience quiet and comfortable Only remember, if you are having dinner that the kitchen closes at 10 p.m., make all your orders (also the dessert) before this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2013The food was great. Location was great. We were going to the Radio City Music Hall. Food came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!SimbaInNYCVIPDined on 11/29/2013We love this restaurant and have been there multiple times. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. We always ask for a booth, amd the staff is kind enough to accommodate even if the restaurant is busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not greatMemawDined on 11/27/2013We went for my birthday after a show. The place was empty, but we were there fairly early. It was like 4:30-5:00 pm. The service was slow and not very friendly at all. I had the chicken and it had no flavor at all!! My daughter had the burger and said it was very good. My husband had the filet and said it was ok. They didn't have much of a dessert menu. It was my birthday and we were hoping for a little piece of chocolate cake to share, but no luck. As we were getting out coats to leave a man came over to ask the hostess if someone was ever going to come to take their order. He said they had been waiting for quite some time and no one had been over to even get a drink order started. Will not go back when in NY.