Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
110 West 51st Street Time Life Bldg.
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tedsmontanagrill.com/
- Phone: 2122455220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chris Raucci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ted's Montana Grill - NYC
You are warmly invited to Ted’s Montana Grill for an afternoon or evening of Authentic American Dining. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the American West, a time when simplicity, pride and respect were the most important ingredients, Ted’s Montana Grill proves that honest food served with genuine hospitality is timeless. Known for its modern interpretation of hand-prepared, 100% fresh classic comfort food, the chef-inspired menu features the finest cuts and best selection of bison in New York City, including high-quality, flavorful steaks and award-winning burgers amongst a variety of other unique menu items such as crab cakes, daily fresh catches and unique desserts. The extensive wine list presents elegant varietals that pair with the bold menu including our exclusively blended private label wine, Bison Ridge. The kind of place that’s familiar and inviting, Ted’s is the real deal for those craving true Authentic American Dining in a casual, upscale setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ted's Montana Grill - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (60)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (13)romantic (12)great for brunch (8)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Steak Dinnermags4357Dined on 8/15/2014I have been to Ted's many times, and in the past few years the menu changed from casual to a more upscale meal. The strip steak was undercooked but was enjoyable, but I wish I had vegetables as a side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks YumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Visited Restaurant Week and menu offerings were adequate with Steak Fritte cooked to perfection and cheesecake with raspberry sauce excellent. My friend had Buffalo steak and she was very pleased also. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect OptionMargieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Ted's is a perfect option for the theatre crowd. Excellent foo - bison is a treat! Great atmosphere and vibrant bar scene. Pricing mid range by NY standards. Great burgers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service in Mid-townBahHummbugVIPDined on 8/7/2014Friendly, accomodating and a great happy hour in the heart of mid-town.Special Features:
- Great food great priceEatoutoftenDined on 8/6/2014Appetizer of grilled shrimp, dinner of trout and dessert of cookie and ice cream for $35 that was not on the restaurant week menu was a nice surprise. And all the food was great tasting.Special Features:
- Awesome Service!UneecieVIPDined on 8/4/2014My server, Lealand (NYC), is the best! He is energetic, funny and polite! I have left the restaurant because he was not working a particular day. He cares about customer service and goes above and beyond making sure my dining experience is top-notch! He is quick to correct any disappointment I may have regarding my meal (hard bun - once).Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDee1dishDined on 7/31/2014Everything about our experience at Ted's Montana Grill was awesome. The food, the hostess, the wait staff, the pricing, and the ambiance was excellent. My sister and I were in NYC for the weekend and Ted's Montana grill was the best dining experience of our entire stay. This was our first time eating at Ted's Montana Grill and we will be sure to return on our next visit.Special Features:
- Filet Mignon Could Have Been BetterAdvocatAmericainDined on 7/29/2014Love Ted's; one of my favorites for lunch or dinner when I am in Midtown but on last visit had relatives in from Italy and our Filet Mignon's (Beef) were a bit fatty. Not what I expected from Ted's. A bit of a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodHughVIPDined on 7/29/2014Had the filet and was not good, undercooked and fattySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014We had a group of ten and service was excellent and table was ready when we arrivedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPrimeTimeDined on 7/22/2014This was my third visit to Ted's and the second time this year. My past two visits were great but this last one left me disappointed. We had a 5 o'clock pre-theatre reservation for a party of six. Upon our arrival we were the only diners there. The host asked if we had a reservation to which I told him we did. He began to go to the reservation log but then changed his mind and proceeded to seat us. He never asked the name for the reservation. I later learned that Open Table had my reservation listed as a no show which obviously wasn't the case.Although the restaurant was empty upon our arrival,we were seated by the Servers station and we were in earshot of staff hanging out at the station using some profanities and other colorful language.
- Great foodTillienyDined on 7/22/2014This is the second time I've been to Ted's. The food was great, but our waiter was just okay...not that attentive, and the maitre de had a bit of an attitude. I'd definitely go back because my second experience was very different from my first experience and the food is really good. The prices are reasonable, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!GrandmaJaneDined on 7/15/2014Due to traffic we had less than an hour to eat before the Broadway show we had come to see began. We explained our situation to the hostess who relayed our concerns to our waitress. She guided us through the menu to choose items that could be prepared quickly. Our drinks and meal came very quickly and were absolutely delicious. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- steakloversteakloverDined on 7/12/2014We went here for an 8:00pm dinner. Food was excellent. Service was fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodAndreaLowellDined on 7/11/2014The food was good, the service was excellent. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotTerithecookDined on 7/10/2014I work in Rockefeller Center and it's a go-to for a great lunch with friends. Fast service, great food and a friendly staff always makes for a fun time.Special Features:
- BuffaloGirlDined on 7/9/2014Of a recommendation for a friend's I made a reservation for a birthday dinner at Ted's Montana Grille. The food was outstanding. Green beans are a must have. Everything was delicious. Although it was slow when we arrived (4pm) by 5:30pm the place was full. Glad we had a reservation. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Decent but nothing specialPLLLLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our party was seated promptly upon arrival. Food was good, and service ok.Special Features:
- Good Food - Great Price!DawsonDined on 6/28/2014Great location, really good food at a very reasonable cost , particularly for the heart of Manhattan. Great for lunch or dinner. The burger will be one of the best you have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantpattydDined on 6/27/2014We have been to Ted's Montana Grill on several occasions and the food was always good. We took advantage of the "pre-theater" menu for a set price of $29 which included everything. Was surprised though, when our waitress said she had to see our tickets for the play. But the food and service was great and we were done in plenty of time.Special Features:
- rowalaVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food is quite good for what it is. Bison short ribs and bison burgers are very good and healthier than beef. Veggie burger is excellent (although despite the menu saying "choice of cheese," they charge extra for blue cheese). Service was efficient. Good pre-theater spot.Special Features:
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014I have been to Ted's for lunch, so I thought I would have the same experience for dinner. The waitress was nice, but unless the pics are wrong, she forgot to serve us rolls. Or if they don't come with the meal, they should. The onion rings were nicely fried but weren't as seasoned as they were before (had to add salt), and my dining partner didn't get a vegetable with his meal (as he should have. Weird). He ordered the Delmonico, which was a bit fatty. Might have been an off night.Special Features:
- Great tasting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Reasonably priced... Great tasting... Wait staff super!
- Great food at a reasonable priceExperimenterVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have dined here several times and the food, service and presentation are always very good. We had reservations and were seated as requested. Great midtown location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food done Right!MariaDined on 6/21/2014The food was cooked so you could enjoy its natural flavors. Everything was cooked very nicely. The restaurant was very clean and the staff friendly. I would definitely return again. I am adding this to my list of favorite restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- Great Upscale PubWineNdineDined on 6/20/2014Went to dinner here before seeing a show at Radio City Music Hall. Waitress was awesome, service was fast -got there at 645 with the show at 8 and we got out with plenty of time to spare. The dinner menu was really small, not many options, but the bison burger I ordered was one of the best burgers I've ever had! Really good price for good food! The only complaint was that it was extremely loud, I could barely hear the person next to me let alone the person across the table, but hey, it's NYC, it's pretty much loud everywhere you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teds always has good foodDagonyDined on 6/16/2014There was some confusion with our order due to some rush that had just concluded but we eventually got all our food and it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I rememberCas9VIPDined on 6/15/2014I hadn't gone to Ted's for over a year because I had been dissatisfied with both the food and the service. We decided to give it another try. Both the food and service were pretty good. We will likely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT VALUE FOR NEW YORKDinedaily7VIPDined on 6/15/2014We went here three times while in New York for a week. They have a three course Theatre Menu for $30. In the city. Around the corner from Radio City Music Hall. Our server, Charles was the best server EVER! He is way ahead of you when it comes to suggestions and service.Special Features:
- Don't waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Service was slow. Waited ten minutes just to see our waitress. For a $13 appetizer, 1 small crab cake doesn't cut it and it wasn't that good. We both ordered steaks and half of the steaks were all fat!!! Even on a strip, I've had less fat on steaks from Walmart. When we mentioned all the fat on the steaks, they didn't offer anything nor apologized. Completely disappointed in Ted Montana's. Just go to Ruth Chris's steakhouse next door if you want to get a meal worth your money.
- Now prefer turnover over servicechoicedinerDined on 6/13/2014Sadly Ted's now seems interested only in getting as many customers through the tables rather than providing good customer service. We had a team lunch and 8 in our party of 12 arrived on time with the remaining held up by an unexpected fire drill. The waitress and manager were unhappy our whole group wasn't there, so repeatedly in terse tones asked us to give up the seats for those who had not yet arrived. Once everyone was there they lightened up but they essentially soured the atmosphere for what was supposed to be a fun team lunch. We had been to this place many times with parties of 10, 15, 20, and other large numbers and never before were given this level of attitude over a few people in our party coming in late.
- service was slowouttolunch1VIPDined on 6/11/2014I have eaten at Ted's on several occasions and my experiences have been generally good. Unfortunately, this time it took around 40 minutes for our orders to be served. This type of delay is problematic when you need to get back to the office. Also, a few months ago, they removed my favorite item from their menu, very disappointing.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great TimeJim1eyeDined on 6/8/2014Spent five hours with our group of 10 on a Sunday afternoon for a mini family reunion. We were all surprised that we weren't rushed, considering that the Tony Awards were a half a block away. The food was good, the staff were friendly, the service was great and the price was reasonable. Wouldn't hesitate to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant ok Service not reallyjohn82Dined on 6/4/2014The food was ok for the area and the price but our waitress seemed like we annnoyed herSpecial Features:
- While In NYClittlegemDined on 5/30/2014We wanted to have a bite before the theater- Ted's Montana Grill offers a full menu- as well as a prix fix dinner special - before the theater. We got the at 600 pm on Friday night, the bar had a very nice crowd. Service was quick and server was friendly. By the time we left it was staring to fill up with patrons Glad we came early. The food was fresh, hot and tasty!! I would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food but...kevnannDined on 5/30/2014Clam Chowder and Onion rings for starter, Regular burger and Salmon for entrée. All food was excellent, however, we do not particular like being served our entre before finishing our started. Quite noisy as bar is next to restaurant but we prefer it like that. Would have given a 4 but have marked it down as we do not like to be rushed and having entrée with starter is a no no for usSpecial Features:
- Adventures In SobrietyTucsonnycDined on 5/16/2014Always a hit with us, we go there on a pretty regular basis about once every other month. It's always popular with us. Always accommodating, ambiance always perfect along with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit it RightSunnyDined on 5/10/2014Had early reservations after seeing a show in New York. Walked right in and was seated at a very comfortable booth. Ordered drinks and diner that all enjoyed. Was never rushed and and surroundings were quiet. Soothing decor and very clean.Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014My wife and I had dinner here prior to seeing Rocky at Winter Garden. The location was perfect. The service was awesome. The food came out quickly and was very tasty.Special Features:
- Lunch at Ted'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014Best lunch experience. The greeter and waiter's are kind, friendly and accommodating. Food is Great! Love the Best Absolute Fish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.