Ted's Bulletin - Reston
11948 Market St.
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Ted's Bulletin - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tedsbulletin.com/
- Phone: 7039569510
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ted's Bulletin - Reston
Ted's Bulletin is a real American classic joint with a bit of style - complete with savory homemade food and a friendly neighborhood atmosphere. The fare, though unabashedly familiar, is just like mom used to make but gussied up. Takes on grilled cheese, homemade pop tarts, meatloaf, and country fried steak are sure to please. Breakfast is served daily beginning at 7am. Guests can also check out our homemade pastry case with scrumptious pies, cakes, muffins, and other throw backs like oatmeal cream pies. Bulletin features its very own shaketender and barista, ready to whip up custom milkshakes - with or without alcohol and coffee favorites. Have a classic cocktail made the old fashioned way or your favorite sipping liquor served over one cube from the Macallan Ice Baller.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ted's Bulletin - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
Ted's Bulletin - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (52)great for brunch (50)great for lunch (47)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (10)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Perfect!AliceDined on 9/18/2014Luscious lunch! Super service! A bit noisy at lunch time, but soon quieted down when a large table nearby left. We were a party of 6 and couldn't be seated outside on a glorious day. Boo hoo! Wish there was a way to combine tables to accommodate 6 persons. Food was fabulous and nicely presented. Like the healthy menu choices, too. Everyone really enjoyed dining there, and 4 were new to the restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:
- Bland comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014I was disappointed in the quality of the food served at this restaurant. Nothing special, pretty bland, so much so that even salt and pepper didn't help, and not presented in any appetizing way. I do not plan on returning.
- Marvelous menu! Fabulous food!AliceDined on 9/9/2014Superb service! Fun atmosphere! Marvelous menu choices! Perfect portions! Fabulous food!Special Features:
- Great group dinner option!Avi8VIPDined on 9/8/2014We had a party of 7 on a Monday night. The restaurant was not very busy so we were seated right away. Very good service, friendly and attentive. Good food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Breakfast Bright Spot in RestonquasimodemVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had breakfast-for-lunch for my first foray to Ted's Bulletin in Reston, and enjoyed the best biscuits and gravy I've EVER had (and as a enthusiastically-transplanted Californian in the south, I've had a lot). The sausage gravy was absolutely filled with big bites of sausage. This is a very good thing. Shared a home-made Pop Tart for dessert (the blueberry cheesecake was recommended). It was warm and delicious and definitely superior to anything like it I've had from a box, even if the sprinkles were (at least in my opinion) too generously applied. There is definitely a reason why reservations are challenging to find at this place. It's great!
- Overpriced but nice foodUvajillybeanDined on 8/28/2014Overall the food is pretty good here, though healthy options are pretty much nonexistent. My alcohol drink was yummy but way overpriced, like the rest of what our table ordered. Me did leave stuffed, though, and our server was helpful and friendly. Just wish my drink had come out before my food...
- Not sure what the fuss is all aboutSteveVIPDined on 8/28/2014Just average, nothing more. Servers not trained well. Many passed our table many times with empty drinks, dirty plates, etc. and did not clear anything. Or server was nice but not meant to be a server. FOod was just ok. Clever menu items are not executed well. Price/value poor. Example: 2 kabobs gave 2 small shrimp and 3 small cubes of chicken. Take our advise and just go the Reston Kabob place. We will try it one again, but for breakfast only. If that works, great. If not, we will write this one off and a gimmick that will end.
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/27/2014I appreciated that the burger was cooked medium-rare as ordered. Too often burgers are cooked well beyond the requested temp. Is there a noise level rating beyond "energetic?" Perhaps "bring ear plugs?" And that was early in the evening when very few tables were occupied.
- very nice for brunch and familySanoDined on 8/23/2014this was a very nice place for brunch on the weekend! the menu had lots of options. the food was good, servers are friendly. The restaurant has a nice ambience. it is great for kids because it is already somewhat loud so others won't really hear your loud toddler!Special Features:
- Noisy but niceGourmetgalDined on 8/22/2014Good food and great service but a bit loud for conversation. Great place to grab a bite with a group but don't expect to hear each other above the noise! I suppose that just means that everyone is enjoying themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun foodFuneatsDined on 8/21/2014Dirty Girl Scout milkshake, TV dinner or great smoked chicken and a homemade pop tart for dessert. What's not to like? Entreés are all excellent, nightly special is a steal and we've had fabulous service both times we've been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!Browngirl50Dined on 8/16/2014Did a Google search for breakfast spots in Reston. Ted's came up and the food and service did NOT disappoint! Will definitely go back and visit their their other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A comfort food favorite!AlexandriaMDined on 8/15/2014We're repeat diners, Ted's is both a favorite date night spot and weekend brunch place for us. Wonderful, fun cocktail list, consistently good comfort foods, and very attentive waitstaff. Wouldn't recommend for groups with the elderly or for quiet conversation, however. Busy, noisy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food rules!LeoSacDined on 8/12/2014From macaroni and cheese appetizers to milk shakes to burgers, sandwiches and breakfast food, our party of 6 all found the comfort food of choice. Will be back next chance we get.
- Not sure what the hype is aboutconfusedDined on 8/11/2014I know this is a wildly popular restaurant, but I've eaten there three times and each time found the food to be so-so at best. The service is always prompt and friendly, but the atmosphere is an odd cross between a hipster club and Chuck e Cheese, with many families and groups making too much noise to allow casual conversation.Special Features:
- FunBlairVIPDined on 8/8/2014We very much enjoyed our dinning experience. Food was fresh and tasty. Service was perfect. It advertises comfort food and it was. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backHoundDogsVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food is super bland. Big portions, bulky and no real depth in flavor. Nice that it isn't overly salty like so many places but it was in no way worth the calories. Just very blah. They are really going to have to revamp that menu if they want to succeed in an upscale area like Reston Town Center. Bar tender prepared my single malt scotch in a stemmed, champagne like glass. VERY odd. The only redemption - the milkshakes.
- A delightful dinerStevenA875VIPDined on 7/29/2014You have to understand going in that this is a diner. So, you need to expect a menu that includes burgers, meatloaf, milk shakes, onion rings, tater tots with cheese and bacon (special appetizer), etc. They also offer salads and chicken and shrimp grilled shish kebab for those looking for something a little lighter. Ted's also is known for its homemade pop-tarts. So, if you're looking for a diner experience with tasty comfort food, this is the place for you. Portions are ample and you definitely will feel guilty (and satisfied) after your meal. ...And I mean that in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Menu, Lacking ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Standouts: milkshakes, cocktails (though overpriced), pop tarts, bacon blue cheese brussels sprouts, TUBS breakfast sandwich, grilled cheese & tomato soup. Fun atmosphere: old school desks, old movies, art deco. Hash browns and biscuits/gravy are dry, tasteless. Service at Reston declining: Over 20 min for drinks, table next to us never cleared, desserts never made it to table, server sat across from us folding napkins, ignoring us, never checked on desserts, never asked if needed anything else, did not clear our plates. On way out attempted to purchase pop tarts for our guests, had to wait for employees to stop their conversation to help us. After raving about pop tarts to our guests, these were underbaked, doughy, very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly impressed with the foodAMNYVIPDined on 7/21/2014The claim to fame in my opinion is the baked goods and adult milkshakes because dinner really wasn't that memorable - they have a very, very limited beer selection and also a limited dinner food selection, our waitress said they didn't have at least 4 things we asked for in drinks - we settled for the fried shrimp and asked for tarter sauce with that, the waitress came back and said the kitchen ran out of tartar sauce, there's a Harris Teeter 1/2 mile down the road so we really were getting ready to leave when the manager said she would make us tartar sauce and did so kudos to her!! I will not return for dinner, perhaps for breakfast or brunch one day but I won't rush inI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Breakfast SpotAshleyDined on 7/15/2014Met up with a friend for breakfast, it had been a while since we last saw each other so we spent a lot of time talking before ordering. The waiter was very patient and not too pushy. The food came out very quickly and was great!Special Features:
- So-SoGadgetGirlJenDined on 7/11/2014The hype had me excited by the overall experience was only "Good". I really wish they'd have more dietary options for patrons. I found it difficult to eat at this restaurant having an allergy to casein as the description on the menu doesn't have detail. I also felt like if I were to bring a vegetarian or vegan friend, they'd have nothing to eat. Let's be real, comfort food is more than bacon and macaroni and cheese.Special Features:
- Lunch....not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014BLT...bread was stale and very little bacon and very dry, small avocado smashed on top. Taco salad very bland. French fries soggy and cold. Service was good. Tried to write to them on website and the website does not work...flashes error. Perhaps due to the newness of the place but it was without a doubt the worst blt I have ever had.
- Way too slow at lunch timeDavidDined on 7/10/2014The milkshakes were great, the burgers good, but it must be the kitchen that is way too slow. Lunch doesn't need to take 90 minutes once seated on a weekday.Special Features:
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 7/3/2014Ted's is a great place for comfort food, big portions and all-day breakfast. The shakes are top-notch. All the entrees are excellent comfort food but nothing more than that. That is, if you want superb food, you're at the wrong place. This time service was excellent; it isn't always.
- Noisy and busyMyrosiaVIPDined on 7/3/2014My family of five had dinner here. We were seated promptly, but waited a while before our apologetic waitress appeared explaining that she was delayed because of a sudden rush of new diners. I had heard of the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich and ordered that. The soup was tasty; the grilled cheese, not so much - the bread had been brushed with oil and the cheese tasted like processed American cheese slices. Maybe I should not have been surprised because the restaurant theme is retro comfort food. The shrimp and chicken kabobs were good; the Ty Cobb salad tasty, but the chicken fried steak was a big disappointment - breading "unglued" from tasteless meat. Maybe we'll try Ted's for breakfast next time.Special Features:
- Great Waitress TinaSteveVIPDined on 6/28/2014Waitress Tina was sweet and very pleasant. She gave us no hassle when we moved to an outside table. She made our experience at Teds fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant if underwhelmingterrypVIPDined on 6/27/2014Met a friend for breakfast. She add very lightly, I had the corned beef hash with eggs. Hash was good, though it was cut into large bites, which distanced it a bit from what I expected. Not sure I would go out of my way for it. Coffee was good, service friendly. A nice meal, but nothing really distinguished it from Clyde's, or even the Silver Diner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great placeLuvfoodVIPDined on 6/27/2014Good food selection and friendly staff. Would go back to tried other food selection on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4/10OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/20144/10......to noisy....limited menu.....food ok/avg...Special Features:
- Great all aroundStudio1027Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I had a very good experience at Ted's. It was busy on a Friday night and our waitress was slightly distracted, but the food was amazing and the adult milkshakes were the perfect way to start off the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- setchDined on 6/19/2014It was incredibly loud. I had been to Ted's once previously. I had the reuben both times. While it was great on my 1st visit, it was quite grisly and fatty the 2nd time....very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time - we'll be back!fsjrDined on 6/17/2014I had the Smoked Alabama Chicken with white BBQ sauce, a side brussel sprouts roasted with bacon and bleu cheese, and Genesee Cream Ale. My wife had the California Club w/ fries and 1/2 sweet-1/2 plain tea made to order. All delish, generously portioned, and very reasonably priced! We sat outdoors, and while the seating is near a busy intersection in the Reston Town Center, we had a sense of privacy due to enclosure by shrubbery.Special Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014overall good experience. I like the waiter's service very much.Special Features:
- Milkshakes= EPIC!!!Luv2RNDined on 6/14/2014The milkshakes are the BEST!! Especially the adult, boozy ones. You can even get the regular milkshakes to go. Perfection for a desert on the go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot for familiesfamilyfoodieDined on 6/14/2014We went here for a pre-Father's day breakfast with 8:45am reservations on a Saturday morning. They were very accommodating when we were running a few minutes late. The homemade poptarts were a great appetizer with a small child. Food was very good. And no one looked at us funny with our toddler laughing and jumping at the table. Great service and atmosphere for our group.Special Features:
- COLD MEATBALLSSuzieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Third time we visited for "Meatball Monday". Twice the meatballs and sauce came cold. HOW HARD is it to warm up meatballs? They do taste wonderfully…but…if they can't get this simple thing right….it's BAD. We really want this place to be successful….but they have to get the basics right.
- Good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Our reservation was met by friendly staff and we were seated immediately. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. Our food came in a timely manner and we all enjoyed what we ate. (although my grilled reuben was a bit too greasy) All in all, we had a good, quick dinner before going to a movie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentbeanballvaDined on 6/7/2014Service was awful and the food (strip steak for me) tasted like it was dry aged in a boot.Special Features:
- Cute place slightly dissappointingJodiDined on 6/7/2014I had heard good things about Ted's so we tried for breakfast this last Saturday. Menu for breakfast was a little more limited than I was expecting. Portions pretty good but a little pricey for what you got. Had the homemade pop tart which had virtually no filling so was dry and not much taste. Our son had the kids pancake with strawberries and really did not have much taste. Great place and will try again for lunch or dinner and see if we get a better food experience.I would recommend this to a friend.