Ted's Bulletin - Reston
11948 Market St.
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Ted's Bulletin - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tedsbulletin.com/
- Phone: 7039569510
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ted's Bulletin - Reston
Ted's Bulletin is a real American classic joint with a bit of style - complete with savory homemade food and a friendly neighborhood atmosphere. The fare, though unabashedly familiar, is just like mom used to make but gussied up. Takes on grilled cheese, homemade pop tarts, meatloaf, and country fried steak are sure to please. Breakfast is served daily beginning at 7am. Guests can also check out our homemade pastry case with scrumptious pies, cakes, muffins, and other throw backs like oatmeal cream pies. Bulletin features its very own shaketender and barista, ready to whip up custom milkshakes - with or without alcohol and coffee favorites. Have a classic cocktail made the old fashioned way or your favorite sipping liquor served over one cube from the Macallan Ice Baller.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ted's Bulletin - Reston - Best Restaurants in Reston ›
Ted's Bulletin - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (48)great for lunch (47)great for brunch (44)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Pop Tarts a BustGoTribeGoVIPDined on 10/24/2014We went for a late morning breakfast. "You need to go for the Pop Tarts" is what we heard from several people --- me thinks they are overrated. Server complained about having too many tables… a bit disappointing...
- good not greatLauraVIPDined on 10/23/2014A new casual option with comfort food in reston town center. Good for last minute dining, lunch or breakfast. Small choice but good beers, wines and cocktails and great milkshakes. Not great food but good enough that we have tried it for dinner twice. Seems very popular with young folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Comfort FoodFoodieDined on 10/23/2014Ted's Bullentin is different in a good way. I went for lunch and had the famous Grill Cheese and Tomato Soup. Both were entrees were delicious and it brought back memories when I was alittle kid and wanted some comfort food like my mom used to make. Our waiter was attentive and very nice. This restaurant is great for families and is kid friendly. It would also be a nice place to go for a first date. I would highly recommend it and plan to come back.Special Features:
- Bringing the past back to lifeGrb040Dined on 10/21/2014Love the adult milkshakes, not bad at all since no one in america really knows how to make them, great burger and tuesday night for the burger and shake basket is the way to go.Special Features:
- Awesome food an atmospheremdominoDined on 10/20/2014It doesn't get more American than this! It's just a pile of comfort food, but everything is delicious and portioned perfectly. I recommend the milkshakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice additionLauraVIPDined on 10/17/2014This offers a less expensive and very relaxed family friendly choice in reston towne center. Had dinner which was good, but seems like its niche would be breakfast/brunch and dessert and lunch fare. Birthday party going on inside. Great for outdoor dining with lots of activity on the streets to keep one entertained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True ThrowbackBirthdayGirlDined on 10/16/2014A true throwback to an earlier time as far as providing nostalgic favorites such as meatloaf, mac & cheese and tater tots. The night we were there was "TV Tray Thursday." What a great idea for those old enough to remember what TV trays were. Only negative was the noise level. It was a bit hard to have a meaningful conversation -- especially for people hard of hearing.Special Features:
- Order the Pop TartsAnneVIPDined on 10/11/2014Another great meal at Ted's. We love this place. The food is always good and the homemade pop tarts are a must. We get them to go if we don't have room for dessert.Special Features:
- Solidgus19Dined on 10/10/2014Good all around. Great atmosphere and service. Food was good.Special Features:
- Great food & disappointing serviceWageSlaveDined on 10/8/2014With this, my second trip to Ted's, I was hoping that the sub-par service received on my first trip was a fluke. The food is fun and brought me back, but once again, the service was lacking. On both occasions the hostess had trouble finding a table for us in spite of our Open Table reservations made 3 to 5 days in advance. If I make reservations and arrive on time or a few minutes early, I don't feel that I should have to wait for seating beyond the time of my reservation. That's what a reservation is for, right? The wait staff is friendly and tries hard, but they don't seem well-trained. Once again, our orders were not correct when they arrived at the table, but the proper food was eventually delivered. 2 visits, 2 strikes, 1 more try.
- Never DisappointsCybizwifeDined on 10/3/2014Ted's Bulletin has become my go to restaurant . Great service. Great food. Love the atmosphere and old movies that play throughout . Will come back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerLD15Dined on 9/29/2014My husband and I went to Ted's Bulletin for his birthday. Our server was very attentive and funny. He asked right away if we were there for a special occasion. My husband got a free homemade pop tart for dessert with a candle in it. We both enjoyed our adult milkshakes and our meals. I got the meatloaf and my husband got the country fried steak. It's definitely the place to go for comfort food. We're excited to go back and try some of the other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and tastyHummingbird1Dined on 9/27/2014Comfortable atmosphere and food tastes great. We can utilize this restaurant for casual dining or for important business dining. Very versatile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Co-Worker's Going Away PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Great fit for a Co-Worker's Going Away Party. Vibrant atmosphere that still allows for conversation.Special Features:
- Good Family RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Really enjoyed our first visit at Ted's. We had chicken pot pie and salmon dinner. Both were excellent. Also tried an adult shake and it was yummy! Will be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new go to in Reston Town CenterstevesVIPDined on 9/22/2014Open, friendly and good food. Breakfast all the time sold it for me. Great service, plenty of room in the larger than normal booths. I will recommend this place to friends and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pancakes...hostesses the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food is very good. Kid-friendly. Hostesses are very rude but the servers are generally okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place w/ lots of comfort foodsspigweedDined on 9/19/2014A very cool place with lots of comfort foods available. Walked in & was immediately seated with my friend at a roomy table. So many yummy things to choose from but we both chose a healthy wrap; the turkey wrap which had about a ton of turkey on it! Okay. Not a TON but if I had to guess it was nearly a pound of lunch meat! It was tasty & I ate the whole thing. :-) My friend got the vegetable wrap & she was very happy with her selection. The only true negative I have for this place this it is CRAZY LOUD. We were literally raising our voices just to talk to each other. We were only seated 2-3 feet a part! L-O-U-D. Yes, we have decided that we will be going back but we hope they fix that noise volume!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AliceDined on 9/18/2014Luscious lunch! Super service! A bit noisy at lunch time, but soon quieted down when a large table nearby left. We were a party of 6 and couldn't be seated outside on a glorious day. Boo hoo! Wish there was a way to combine tables to accommodate 6 persons. Food was fabulous and nicely presented. Like the healthy menu choices, too. Everyone really enjoyed dining there, and 4 were new to the restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:
- Bland comfort foodluv2trynewDined on 9/17/2014I was disappointed in the quality of the food served at this restaurant. Nothing special, pretty bland, so much so that even salt and pepper didn't help, and not presented in any appetizing way. I do not plan on returning.
- Marvelous menu! Fabulous food!AliceDined on 9/9/2014Superb service! Fun atmosphere! Marvelous menu choices! Perfect portions! Fabulous food!Special Features:
- Great group dinner option!Avi8VIPDined on 9/8/2014We had a party of 7 on a Monday night. The restaurant was not very busy so we were seated right away. Very good service, friendly and attentive. Good food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Breakfast Bright Spot in RestonquasimodemVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had breakfast-for-lunch for my first foray to Ted's Bulletin in Reston, and enjoyed the best biscuits and gravy I've EVER had (and as a enthusiastically-transplanted Californian in the south, I've had a lot). The sausage gravy was absolutely filled with big bites of sausage. This is a very good thing. Shared a home-made Pop Tart for dessert (the blueberry cheesecake was recommended). It was warm and delicious and definitely superior to anything like it I've had from a box, even if the sprinkles were (at least in my opinion) too generously applied. There is definitely a reason why reservations are challenging to find at this place. It's great!
- Overpriced but nice foodUvajillybeanDined on 8/28/2014Overall the food is pretty good here, though healthy options are pretty much nonexistent. My alcohol drink was yummy but way overpriced, like the rest of what our table ordered. Me did leave stuffed, though, and our server was helpful and friendly. Just wish my drink had come out before my food...
- Not sure what the fuss is all aboutSteveVIPDined on 8/28/2014Just average, nothing more. Servers not trained well. Many passed our table many times with empty drinks, dirty plates, etc. and did not clear anything. Or server was nice but not meant to be a server. FOod was just ok. Clever menu items are not executed well. Price/value poor. Example: 2 kabobs gave 2 small shrimp and 3 small cubes of chicken. Take our advise and just go the Reston Kabob place. We will try it one again, but for breakfast only. If that works, great. If not, we will write this one off and a gimmick that will end.
- foodfanVIPDined on 8/27/2014I appreciated that the burger was cooked medium-rare as ordered. Too often burgers are cooked well beyond the requested temp. Is there a noise level rating beyond "energetic?" Perhaps "bring ear plugs?" And that was early in the evening when very few tables were occupied.
- very nice for brunch and familySanoDined on 8/23/2014this was a very nice place for brunch on the weekend! the menu had lots of options. the food was good, servers are friendly. The restaurant has a nice ambience. it is great for kids because it is already somewhat loud so others won't really hear your loud toddler!Special Features:
- Noisy but niceGourmetgalDined on 8/22/2014Good food and great service but a bit loud for conversation. Great place to grab a bite with a group but don't expect to hear each other above the noise! I suppose that just means that everyone is enjoying themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun foodFuneatsDined on 8/21/2014Dirty Girl Scout milkshake, TV dinner or great smoked chicken and a homemade pop tart for dessert. What's not to like? Entreés are all excellent, nightly special is a steal and we've had fabulous service both times we've been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!Browngirl50Dined on 8/16/2014Did a Google search for breakfast spots in Reston. Ted's came up and the food and service did NOT disappoint! Will definitely go back and visit their their other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A comfort food favorite!AlexandriaMDined on 8/15/2014We're repeat diners, Ted's is both a favorite date night spot and weekend brunch place for us. Wonderful, fun cocktail list, consistently good comfort foods, and very attentive waitstaff. Wouldn't recommend for groups with the elderly or for quiet conversation, however. Busy, noisy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food rules!LeoSacDined on 8/12/2014From macaroni and cheese appetizers to milk shakes to burgers, sandwiches and breakfast food, our party of 6 all found the comfort food of choice. Will be back next chance we get.
- Not sure what the hype is aboutconfusedDined on 8/11/2014I know this is a wildly popular restaurant, but I've eaten there three times and each time found the food to be so-so at best. The service is always prompt and friendly, but the atmosphere is an odd cross between a hipster club and Chuck e Cheese, with many families and groups making too much noise to allow casual conversation.Special Features:
- FunBlairVIPDined on 8/8/2014We very much enjoyed our dinning experience. Food was fresh and tasty. Service was perfect. It advertises comfort food and it was. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backHoundDogsVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food is super bland. Big portions, bulky and no real depth in flavor. Nice that it isn't overly salty like so many places but it was in no way worth the calories. Just very blah. They are really going to have to revamp that menu if they want to succeed in an upscale area like Reston Town Center. Bar tender prepared my single malt scotch in a stemmed, champagne like glass. VERY odd. The only redemption - the milkshakes.
- A delightful dinerStevenA875VIPDined on 7/29/2014You have to understand going in that this is a diner. So, you need to expect a menu that includes burgers, meatloaf, milk shakes, onion rings, tater tots with cheese and bacon (special appetizer), etc. They also offer salads and chicken and shrimp grilled shish kebab for those looking for something a little lighter. Ted's also is known for its homemade pop-tarts. So, if you're looking for a diner experience with tasty comfort food, this is the place for you. Portions are ample and you definitely will feel guilty (and satisfied) after your meal. ...And I mean that in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Menu, Lacking ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Standouts: milkshakes, cocktails (though overpriced), pop tarts, bacon blue cheese brussels sprouts, TUBS breakfast sandwich, grilled cheese & tomato soup. Fun atmosphere: old school desks, old movies, art deco. Hash browns and biscuits/gravy are dry, tasteless. Service at Reston declining: Over 20 min for drinks, table next to us never cleared, desserts never made it to table, server sat across from us folding napkins, ignoring us, never checked on desserts, never asked if needed anything else, did not clear our plates. On way out attempted to purchase pop tarts for our guests, had to wait for employees to stop their conversation to help us. After raving about pop tarts to our guests, these were underbaked, doughy, very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not overly impressed with the foodAMNYVIPDined on 7/21/2014The claim to fame in my opinion is the baked goods and adult milkshakes because dinner really wasn't that memorable - they have a very, very limited beer selection and also a limited dinner food selection, our waitress said they didn't have at least 4 things we asked for in drinks - we settled for the fried shrimp and asked for tarter sauce with that, the waitress came back and said the kitchen ran out of tartar sauce, there's a Harris Teeter 1/2 mile down the road so we really were getting ready to leave when the manager said she would make us tartar sauce and did so kudos to her!! I will not return for dinner, perhaps for breakfast or brunch one day but I won't rush inI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Breakfast SpotAshleyDined on 7/15/2014Met up with a friend for breakfast, it had been a while since we last saw each other so we spent a lot of time talking before ordering. The waiter was very patient and not too pushy. The food came out very quickly and was great!Special Features:
- So-SoGadgetGirlJenDined on 7/11/2014The hype had me excited by the overall experience was only "Good". I really wish they'd have more dietary options for patrons. I found it difficult to eat at this restaurant having an allergy to casein as the description on the menu doesn't have detail. I also felt like if I were to bring a vegetarian or vegan friend, they'd have nothing to eat. Let's be real, comfort food is more than bacon and macaroni and cheese.Special Features: