Technique at Le Cordon Bleu – Scottsdale
4301 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Technique at Le Cordon Bleu – Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.techniquerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4804253025
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:15am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Exley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Cathleen Rosenberg 4804253025
- Cross Street: 5th Avenue
- Public Transit: The Phoenix Valley Metro bus stops right out front as well as the Scottsdale Trolley which runs throughout Old Town Scottsdale.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free Covered Parking available at the Galleria parking lot located at the corners of Wells Fargo Rd. and Saddlebag.
A word from Technique at Le Cordon Bleu – Scottsdale
Technique Restaurant is an exciting bistro-style restaurant run by Le Cordon Bleu offering fresh and dynamic flavors showcased daily. French-inspired Technique Restaurant is the perfect spot for casual and eclectic dining in Scottsdale. The open exhibition kitchen invites you to appreciate the skill and creativity that is enhanced by the students' education in this student-run restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Technique at Le Cordon Bleu – Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pleasant and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014The four of us had a nice experience last week at the restaurant. We had the flat iron steak, the fish tacos and the vegetarian dish. All were good...service was slow but Kathy, the head chef, came out and explained to us the situation. We were patient and understood this is a learning workspace. Two at the table had appetizers and they were well-received. Lemon Tart and Beignets were our desserts. Perfect. although the server did not understand what desserts were actually wanted. Small issues that were not important. All in All, a positive and enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good. PresentationalwaysfunDined on 2/6/2014Food is always good. Presentation is excellent. Always fun to talk with our waiters and try to make them at ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!OSUBucksfanDined on 1/23/2014I had been to the restaurant last year and had such a great experience that I took four of my friends. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals. It has a great atmosphere. There was a nice variety of choices from the menu. Our waitress was outstanding. She was very pleasant with a wonderful smile. We asked her many questions about the school and the whole process a student goes through to get their degree. I would highly recommend experiencing the Technique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed. Last timeCharlieDined on 1/22/2014So disappointed. Last time we were there the food was outstanding as was the presentation. This time the food was OK but the portion was very small and no amenities were offered I.e. bread and butter. The restaurant itself was dark, cold and drab. Tables had paper on top of them for easier clean up. I realize that this is a teaching restaurant, but for the price we paid, a better choice would have been a local burger place.
- great lunch!family4Dined on 1/22/2014Gourmet food at school...selections good - even for a Vegan! Will definitely visit again soon....thks. our waiter was very knowledgeable about the preparation andamounts of portions. 2 people in our party ordered the ice cream sandwich for desert, the cookie was so hard they needed a knife to cut it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten here three timeshappyeatersDined on 1/22/2014We have eaten here three times and enjoyed each and every experience. Good value, exceptional presentation and a great place to try new things.Special Features:
- Satisfied CustomerCorvettemanDined on 1/20/2014This was an excellent dining experience. Our first time. Food was very flavourful, well presented, delivered in a timely fashion, service was exceptional/ All questions answered. Just a pleasure to dine there. Price was very reasonable. We were advised the place is closing - what a pity. Great experience for the students and for the patrons. Great value for dollar spent. All in all one of the best meals we have had in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceTWJGCDined on 1/15/2014Always fun to relate to the students and see what's new in food.Special Features:
- Normally 5* but this time sadly 1*GoodlifeDined on 12/10/2013Hi. Let me begin by saying I LOVE THIS PLACE!! Always have had excellent service, love the students and realize this IS a student learning experience. Love interacting with students and hearing their thoughts. Never have given a bad eval. That being said, My 2 best girlfriends and I go there yearly for our Christmas luncheon and exchange gifts while we dine on good food and interact with students. We have had a great time in the past. THIS TIME was VERY different. Lunch reservations, only one other table filled in restaurant and they left while we were eating. So we were ONLY table in restaurant for majority of meal.No evaluation form given at end of meal Sent private note to restaurant in hopes no one else is treat like a bother . :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come Hungrydessert4meDined on 12/5/2013Delicious lunch ! Potato soup delicious and nice presentation. Chicken dish ( and fish others in my group had) very good! The piece of bread under the mushroom the only part I was too excited about. Dessert great- brownie with ice cream wonderful and friends equally enjoyed the chocolate/coffee tart. A lovely lunch! Quiet and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place you want to go back toRedhattersDined on 9/17/2013This is a culinary school. You go with a open mind that it is students. We find the dining experience fun. The food is above excellent - lots of great choices - the atmosphere warm and friendly. The 3 course meals are a real value. You can see the chefs in the background preparing the meals and the staff goes out of their way to make your dining time memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will continue to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2013We went to Technique twice in the week and would go back when we return to Scottsdale. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dine for lunchGoodlifeDined on 9/6/2013Great new menu, not fixed price any more but prices very reasonable. Always look forward to dining here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a questionamateurfoodieDined on 9/4/2013This place is amazing. Great food at a great price. These students never fail in execution. High class dining at applebees prices. I had the b.e.l.t appetizer, southwestern hamburger, wife had the pulled pork, and we didone each of desserts and were impressed. Try to get here as often as possible. Get in while they have the students to staff because it will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Us in ScottsdalepatsyDined on 8/29/2013Who has not heard of Le Cordon Bleu? It conjures gourmet cooking history of the twentieth century--in France and American TV. Luckily for locals, we don't need a plane for France, but only a trip down Scottsdale Road to our own wonderful cooking school for delectable dishes presented so beautifully and graciously that we reach for our cell phone cameras to record our delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always innovativeAudreyDined on 8/27/2013The food is always innovative and delicious, and the servers, chefs and fellow diners are all great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thouroughly enoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Thouroughly enoyed our dining experience. The food was great and the service superb. Sorry the Scottsdale location will be closed for a while.Special Features:
- Food cooked to perfection.GoodlifeDined on 12/12/2012Food cooked to perfection. Students try very hard to please. Service a little slow, but remember, these are students. Unbeatable price for quaity of meal!Special Features:
- Always a joy coming here.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/30/2012Always a joy coming here. Students are wonderful and their knowledge of food and wine exemplary! Vegetarian diet request was honored without any problems. Will be back many timesSpecial Features:
- A great deal and a fun experiencehungrytravellerDined on 11/30/2012This is a 'teaching' resteraunt, so the students are doing the work as part of their coursework. The menu is brief, but you get a choice of 4 starters, 4 entres and 4 desserts. The selections are available on the website. We had a party of 6 and were able to try everything. The meal was well prepared and the the presentaions were spot on. Service is a little on the slow side, and the portions are a little small, but satisfying. I was told that they would be closed approimately January thru April 2013 until a new class started. Also, I've tried them for lunch - highly reccomendSpecial Features:
- The food here is always fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012The food here is always fabulous. Sometimes the service can be iffy, which I understand because it is a cooking school training restaurant, but on this particular night we had excellent service! Our server was Jay and he was knowledgeable, attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. PresentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012Food was delicious. Presentation of the dishes exceptional. Student servers were all very diligent and eager to learn and be of service to the customer. Would have enjoyed slightly larger portion on the flank steak, as it was wonderfully flavored.Special Features:
- Outstanding in Every Way!RPM1VIPDined on 11/21/2012For $16, I expected a basic meal without any frills. Instead, we were blown away by fabulous food and attentive service. All four in our party was ecstatic about all three courses. The burger with braised short rib ragu was the best burger my son ever had. My pork belly appetizer and flank steak were stupendous. The hazelnut torte was to die for. I'm sad to hear the restaurant will be on hiatus for nearly a year. We'll be looking forward to its return.Special Features:
- We could not have had a betterKatydidVIPDined on 11/21/2012We could not have had a better experience! So fun to watch students excel at being chefs and wait staff! Food was divine and only $13 for 3 course lunch! Could have ordered everything off the menu! The tomato confit on the flank steak was to die for.We will be back often.Special Features:
- November 2012OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2012The portions have changed a lot. We ordered the scallop risotto and we were only served 1or 2 tablespoons of risotto. It was good but really too small a portion even as an appetizer. Both the steak and chicken dinners were done to perfection. I made our reservations from Florida and I go every every year for either lunch or dinner when I come out here. The experience was good. We miss the 4 course meal you used to offer. We would pay more if you would go back to offering more courses.Special Features:
- Although a limited menu, thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012Although a limited menu, there were a variety of options and something for everyone, including vegetarians.Special Features:
- Confusing menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012This was our second time at Technique and we enjoyed ourselves again. Great food and very friendly staff. Food nicely presented. I did find your menu a bit confusing this time. The right side of the menu was clear, but the left side of the menu showing other food confused me. I didn't know if I could substitute food items or did they cost extra. I also found the presentation of the beverages on a table shown to us before we sat down confusing. We weren't told if they cost extra or not. Other wise all was great. We'll be back again!Special Features:
- Both of our dinners were absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Both of our dinners were absolutely wonderful. And for $16 for a 3-course meal, you can't beat it.Special Features:
- This was a great experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/30/2012This was a great experience!! Came here for dinner with another 'foodie' and we both thought the food was wonderful for an unbelievable price. Will definitely be back next time I am in town!Special Features:
- My sister had a boyfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012My sister had a boyfriend who had gone through this school and she had "the dining experience" there and wasn't a fan. However, I have a friend who had gone some years ago and raved about the restuarant. Luckily, I am a FAN! I already have reservations for when I come back into town for dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- Food was prepared well. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2012Food was prepared well. Service could be improved by students who are learning the profession. Salmon was done perfectly....moist and tender. Stuffed chicken was slightly over cooked, but still tasty. Presentation was very good. Little touches, such as water glasses being refilled promptly, bread being served earlier, and more follow up after the food has been served would have eliminated the need to improve the little things. Overall a great value for your money a 3 course meal for $16! We enjoyed it thoroughly and hope our comments were taken constructively to assist the students' development into future culinary chefs.Special Features:
- This place is a bargainhungrytravellerDined on 10/25/2012This is a bargain for foodies. Yes, the work is done by students, but they obviously want to please. Portions are reasonbly sized, so we had a 3 cours lunch but didn't leave stuffed. Try it, for the price you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Catherine the teacher servedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Catherine the teacher served us and took great care with us. It was my girlfriends birthday and I wanted to take her to some place special... she loved it and we're both looking forward to returningl. In fact, I want to bring my husband for lunch too. The presentatin of the food was fabulous.....and also love the punch drink we had ( non alcoholic). The plate with Happy Birthday in cholokate was wonderful.... Refreshing.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Food was great. Service was lackluster. Graduating students lacking enthusiasm for their profession. One student did not know the ingredients Ina certain dish. Common Scottsdale, try to be the CIA.Special Features:
- Although the portions areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012Although the portions are small, they are so well presented and so full of flavor, that it invites savoring each morsel. The total of three courses leaves one quite satisfied. The menu is ripe with choices including wine or non alcoholic drinks. All in all a delightful dining experience for an unbelievable price. Lastly, the cooks and servers are students who aim to please and their enthusiasm adds the final touch.Special Features:
- Great meal, decent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012Great meal, decent service (our server was amateur, but fine), and great price. Really enjoyed the food a lot and will definitely try to make it back for special occasions. At those prices however, it could become a weekly or monthly occurance.Special Features:
- This was my first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012This was my first time to Technique. My only suggestion is working with the wait staff to instruct on table service. For example, give the guest a few minutes to sample the food before asking, How is everything tasting? when neither guest had taken a bite. When a reservation is for 2, clear the additional service after the guests are seated. When asking if you would like more water and your guests replies no, do not remove the water glass while the guest is there. Food: Change your coffee.
- Wonderful spot for a relaxed,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012Wonderful spot for a relaxed, special luncheon. The window seating was fabulous with a nice view of downtown Scottsdale. The wait staff was friendly, helpful and timed each of the courses to arrive perfectly. The food was beautifully presented and we both absolutely loved everything! Fresh, hot, and so delicious! I will return again with several friends, I know they will love it!Special Features:
- I just thought the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012I just thought the food was OK. Not great and not to bad. I have been to many culinary dinners in the northwest. They were better. The service was great everything was explained to us about the dinner. The food was just OK!!!
- Meal and eduation - Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2012As the training kitchen for the cooking school, Technique offers incredible value - very well prepared meals showcasing cooking mastery. On occassion, you'll get a student error - such as I did with a lemon pit or slightly over salted, sometimes over prepared, (too many competing flavors). The menu is fixed - so call ahead to make sure that the limited selections are to your liking. Given these few limitations, if you want a great meal at a terrific value while supporting students and their careers, go to Technique. Our server was starting her externship and bubbling over with excitement. It's a meal and success rolled into one. Eat there often!Special Features: