Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar
38 East Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tecawc.com/
- Phone: 6107388244x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our team is dedicated to providing you with the finest dining available featuring personalized and courteous service in a comfortable atmosphere. Every event is customized and designed around your vision, be it social or business. We are happy to create menus to meet your special needs and particular tastes. Our Executive Chef and culinary team designed this menu to provide you with the highest quality ingredients. We use only the freshest seasonal ingredients to develop our menu. The beverage program at Teca and Mezzanine complements our cuisine. We offer an array of top shelf liquors and premium beers. Additionally, we offer an extensive wine list showcasing award winning wines from our vineyard in Tuscany, Italy, Casali di Bibbiano. All of our wines are available for your event to suit any occasion and budget.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto 6107388244x
- Entertainment: At Teca, we feature live music on Friday"s and Saturday's. Come and enjoy live entertainment with some of the best local musicians in the area. Furthermore, do not forget to visit our state of the art night club, Mezzanine, where you can dance the night away to the hottest DJ's in the Philly area.
A word from Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar
Teca is derived from three words. The first, paninoteca (panini bar) incorporated our more light fair and Italian tapas style dining. secondly, the word enoteca (wine bar) where we host one of the premier wine lists of the world featuring wines from our vineyard in Tuscany Casali Di Bibbiano. Finally, disctoteca, our night club venue upstairs known as Mezzanine. This space also lending itself to private functions of all kinds. At Teca, we pride ourselves in serving only the freshest and most authentic high quality ingredients around. In addition to our mouth watering menu items, we compliment our cuisine with an array of fine wines, refreshing eighteen tap beer selection concentrating mainly on European and American micro-brews, and extensive variety of fine liquors from around the world. At Teca, we believe that food and drink are one in the same and that quality should never be sacrificed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (68)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (23)special occasion (22)great for lunch (21)romantic (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (8)scenic view (8)Show More
- Good food front of staff needs helpInthebizDined on 9/12/2014Food was very good, but attention to detail with hostess and support staff was lacking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Fun place to dine. Enjoyed sitting outside, trying diferrent wines and and sampling the cheese platters and other appetizers. Staff friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ShrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014The Fusilli Calabresi ($21.95) with sautéed jumbo shrimp, basil pesto, and pistachio crumble, contained all of three shrimp. Three gosh darn shrimp! What a rip off. In addition, our waiter got one of our three cheeses in the cheese plate wrong, and when we pointed that out to him, he challenged us at first, then after checking his slip, he grudgingly allowed that we were right. Unfortunately he never offered to do anything about it. That's the vibe at Teca: "this is our world and you're lucky that we allow you to eat in it." Bunch of over dressed, self-important popinjays. Basta.Special Features:
- Pleasant night outBlueHeelerDined on 8/31/2014Food and service were very good. Risotto special was good, so was the salmon from the menu. Buffaloto (spelling off) from appetizers was very good.
- Monday Night DinnerLauraDined on 8/31/2014Food was FANTASTIC. Wish we sat by the entrance/bar side of the restaurant. Seemed a little livlier than the other dead side of the restaurant. LOVE the place thoughSpecial Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/30/2014I enjoyed the cantelope, prosciutto, fresh figs and cheese...the best I have had as was the linguini with pescatore. My husband did not enjoy his Ceasar salad or bland penne alla vodka. Desserts were wonderful...house wine very good...eating outside to loud...we will be back to eat again inside.
- Teca doesn't disappointJerseyBoyDined on 8/29/2014Teca's got it all, great food & drink/wine selections, combined with a vibrant bar and outdoor dining scene! Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dining experienceBenvenDined on 8/24/2014The menu is expansive, from small plates to a full course meal. The offerings are unique and creative without being pretentious. The food is outstanding and well proportioned. The service is very attentive and friendly. And if you have the chance to eat outside on a pleasant afternoon or evening, it is a real treat.Special Features:
- Busy on Wednesday nightPrincipessaDined on 8/20/2014Food was as expected... Always good and interesting menu. Love the apps. Love the table inside near the sidewalk for lunch. Only criticism Wednesday night was the noise level and service was slow because it was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where the pretty peeps go ...JB22VIPDined on 8/11/2014If you want a see and be seen spot in West Chester, PA - this is it. Bar, food and service teams excel in this well known West Chester eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaninisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Were delicious but seriously THIN... Very lacking substance for a 10. sandwich !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing, and sitting outside was perfect. Great location in the middle of town. The wine was fabulous. Definitely planning on returning!Special Features:
- Most dishes were good.dmgsDined on 8/4/2014My most recent visit was with a small group. The menu has amazing choices for every course. Appetizers are wonderful and extensive, as are most of their main courses such as the encrusted tilapia and pork chops. The exception this time for me was the shrimp risotto which I found to be overdosed with garlic, otherwise pretty tasteless. The wine list, however, is pretty impressive. Outside dining is my favorite, although I have some reservations about the end seating/last table. It is totally unprotected and there is only a short curb between you and a swerving car.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureErlynstar299Dined on 8/2/2014The food is fresh and delicious and inventive. I have never been disappointed. The service was friendly and well-informed. Try the specials and the cheese plate! They have a good wine selection, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMonicaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Waitress was nice. Restaurant was overcrowded. Voice level was so high I was unable to speak with my companion. Kept getting bumped by other patrons or staff because of closeness of tables, and I'm small. Nothing special about the food. Wasn't bad, but would not make me want to return. I had to special, which I did feel was subpar. And the price was quite high for the item and serving size. Good people watching location.
- A West Chester experiencedjbordenDined on 7/25/2014The fact that this restaurant is on Gay Street in West Chester is a huge plus! The food was very good, but our server was practically non-existent. We started with a cheese appetizer which was delicious. My husband had the lasagna (ordered for the second time so it has to be good!) and shared his plate with my mother as the portion was huge! I somewhat enjoyed the spinach gnocchi, but the portion was very small and I wouldn't suggest it. We also shared a caesar salad among the three of us and it was delicious. Overall a nice evening outside on the sidewalk of beautiful West Chester.Special Features:
- Rushing?7seasdinerDined on 7/19/2014Been here many times and the food is always great. This time we felt like the waiter was rushing to move us along and seemed miffed that we weren't ordering tons of booze to put his tip up. His comments to us were borderline rude.Special Features:
- 3oldladiesDined on 7/16/2014came with 2 of my elderly lady friends. We came early, (6:30) as we do not like noisy places. We were not disappointed, we had a booth and were able to talk and hear each other very well. The noise level increased as the evening wore on, but that did not matter as we were leaving any way. Our dinners were excellent and our server was incredibly patient with us as we took quite a while to peruse the extensive menu. The presentation of our plates was most attractive and equally delightfully tasty. Would go again, (early).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!KM244Dined on 6/28/2014Everything about the dining experience was amazing. Our waitress Paige was great-- probably the best service I have ever had anywhere. Friendly, helpful , knowledgable, and easy to talk to. The menu had so many delicious items it was hard to choose, but the dish I chose was exceptional. The food, service, and setting was perfect. I will certainly be back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014We wanted to eat outside somewhere on a nice night. We picked Teca since they always have a great menu, good drinks, a nice wine list and great ambiance. If inside it has the vibrant side, a big bar with plenty of folks and tables, the other side which is quieter and a smaller bar, or outside, where we went this time, which is on active Gay Street, a great place to enjoy the fresh air and get some great Italian food. We had the softshell crabs and pasta special and the lobster ravioli, both great. Prior had a nice fig, mozzarella, roasted peppers, melon and speck appetizer. House Montelpuciano wine and a bellini were both great. This is a great place to enjoy West Chester at its bestSpecial Features:
- Great service...ExServerVIPDined on 6/25/2014Anna was our server and she gave us excellent service, as always. I will be back primarily because I know that when I'm out with a business dinner, I don't need distractions like bad service. Anna's service is always seamless and that (besides the grilled calamari and arugula salad) will keep me coming back.Special Features:
- Teca RestaurantMaryAnnDined on 6/21/2014The food was fresh and very well prepared. I had bronzino which was filleted table-side. The vegetables were wonderful - not overdone. Service was impeccable.
- First time for dinnertondalayaDined on 6/20/2014I have come to Teca many times for a great, relaxing Lunch. This time I was bringing friends from Jersey for dinner. We loved the selections for small plates and entrées and the wine list is great. The noise level was way too high but it was Friday night so we took it in stride. That was the only negative point. Since my friend's husband is a former Navy chef he is very critical and picky about trying new restaurant choices...but he loved Teca and said he'd try it again. This is high praise...believe me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MISS2GALDined on 6/20/2014I live local and always come back and, am never disappointed. The LASAGNE is the BEST I've ever had. I also recommend the grilled calamari salad.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014I've heard so much about Teca I was anxious to give it a try, but it was just mediocre and I was disappointed with the meal I had. It was a special priced at $32. Softshell crab. Maybe it was the choice I made but the dish was very disappointing. It came out piping hot which was good but there was one small crab and it was not lightly breaded in typical soft shell crab fashion. I didn't care for the blend of flavors with the gnocchi either. In choosing a restaurant in West Chester, I would not choose to go back.Special Features:
- Great spot in West ChesterBaRGaiNHuNTeRDined on 6/14/2014Just went to Teca for the first time for drinks and apps. People who like sharing small plates will feel right at home here, but there is a full service menu for those looking for an entree of their own. The wine list was big, but for those that don't drink wine, there were plenty of mixed drink and beer options. Overall, the experience was good enough that I would certainly return at some point.Special Features:
- Food was fairMatty1ceDined on 6/14/2014The ambience was terrific and the people-watching was as good as it gets in WC. The food, however, was very, very average. The Bronzino fish special (we had two at the table) had too many little bones and the filet mignon rated about a '3' on a '10-point' scale. The meat was soft and dry and had no flavor at all. The bruschetta appetizers were good, but the salads also lacked flavor. Not worth $280 for group of four w/drinks. If you go, sit at the bar for apps and drinks, but don't stay for the entrees. Move on to the next one . . .
- surprised by how delicious!EatItUpDined on 6/14/2014Wasn't expecting every single bit of food to be that good and it was! From the cheeses to the beer on tap and the creme brulee, we were more and more awe struck by the deliciousness of the meal. Not to mention our very hospitable server who didn't miss a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTaddDined on 6/9/2014The bruschetta was tasty. We had the fungi bruschetta and the broccolirab. Some entrees at our table included delicious risotto, penne with vodka sauce, and parmasean crusted tilapia. All great. Our server was very attentive and polite.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualGuitarChef28Dined on 6/5/2014Dined al fresco- a very popular option at Teca. Our waitress Paige was energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly - she is a great fit at teca! We started with our favorite bottle of pinot noir which we loved, had the buratta appetizer special to start. Was lovely. Main course was branzino in a succulent lemon/caper/butter sauce- excellent portion size. My date enjoyed her penne a la vodka. We skipped dessert because we were stuffed- we'll definitely return to teca again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!CDinerDined on 6/1/2014Great food, atmosphere, and service! Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, even for gluten allergyLG123VIPDined on 5/30/2014really great night at Teca. My husband has celiac and they made a risotto he could have for dinner with his choice of add-ins, which was delicious. Our party of 4 ordered a bunch of appetizers and entrees to share, everything was delicious. Ate outside and had a great time.Special Features:
- Great PlacechrispyVIPDined on 5/26/2014We were pleasantly surprised with everything. To us, its much better than their more well-known Italian restaurant neighbors. In fact we didn't know it was Italian until we ate there. We were always attracted by their outside seating but their name didn't hint at their cuisine. We never investigated Teca until a nice night last week drew us to their outside tables. Its more informal than the others with lots of sandwiches, salads, cured meats and cheeses and some hot entrees. Also, its fitting being called a wine bar as the wine selections were very good. I had the rigatoni with sausage which is one of the best examples I've had. We will be back, next time with our dog, as several other tables had their pooches with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteDatenight42Dined on 5/23/2014Outdoor seating is the best! Food always good too. Been going here for over 8 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The food, service, wine, and service was all phenomenal. The outside the outside dining and continued attentiveness added an atmosphere reminiscent of a european cafe environment, like in Italy. Besides the excellent entrees, the manager was supportive with a wine choice that withiin our monetary range. It too( (the wine) was a good match with our entree choices. I have already recomended this gem to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 399 reviews are from the Teca Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Best in Chester CountyCacciatoreDined on 5/17/2014The décor is beautiful, service was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the specials and menus, prices to be expected due to location, service and quality of food. My favorite on this visit was the crab, avocado and mango appetizer; the fresh mozzarella appetizer; my shrimp and risotto entrée; chocolate/hazelnut dessert; and I can't forget to mention the espresso martinis and the delicious margaritas! So much good food (and drink) and so little time to try it all because I live over an hour away from this gem!!! Dining at this Restaurant is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencebapraVIPDined on 5/16/2014Enjoyed the ambience and wonderful food. Weather was nice, and dining doors were open to enjoy outside feel, without sitting outside. Delicious salads and great seafood dishes. Wait staff was thorough and responsive. Also accommodated our special requests for ingredient changes. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- Risotto a winner!JerseyBoyDined on 5/16/2014A neighborhood gem. Risotto with jumbo shrimp and grilled vegetables was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.ExServerVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food is excellent and the service is always top notch. I often get a booth for business dinners and, if possible, ask for Anna P.'s section. She is an excellent server. I especially love to get the arugula salad but switch out the fried calamari for grilled calamari.Special Features:
- A great post-graduation spotchsdrummajor07Dined on 5/10/2014We came here after my brother graduated from West Chester University, and it was a perfect spot. Our group of 7 was able to sit outside and it was perfect. The food is ok. I've had better Italian, but it's definitely satisfying. The drink list is huge! Definitely try the Teca Tea (think Arnold Palmer with vodka). Overall, we had a good time and celebrated in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.