177 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teatroboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 778-6841
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Monday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Mammano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for a complete buyout.
A word from Teatro
Teatro, located in the theater district overlooking the Boston Common, offers a modern approach to classic Italian dishes. The design of Teatro is both elegant and informal. The open kitchen and high arched mosaic ceiling gives the room a theatrical presence. Teatro offers a full bar and wine list. Full menu is available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teatro reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (70)neighborhood gem (69)romantic (47)good for groups (45)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (33)notable wine list (27)late-night find (15)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing to talk about!restaurant2guruDined on 11/14/2014Food was just OK and portions are extremely small. Service was below average. It was difficult to understand our server and he forgot our drinks, and never checked on us once food was served. There are too many other great restaurants in the theater district to go back to this one.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Teatro is the perfect mix of great food and atmosphere. We had 5pm reservations before a 7:30 ballet performance at the Opera House, it is such a relaxed atmosphere that we expected to be done too early, but it was perfect. Wait staff are very attentive without constantly being in your space. Food was fantastic, totally recommend the Octopus appetizer and the Canolini with Duck. Fantastic Pana Cotta with candied nuts. Conveniently located right on Tremont Street near the theater district. Highly Recommend Teatro !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic from start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We had an amazing experience at Teatro. We were running late for our reservation, but the host was so kind & was able to hold a table for us. The wine list has a lovely assortment of Italian varietals to choose from & the dinner menu has the perfect assortment of appetizers, pastas and entrees to please any palate. I started with the octopus appetizer & my husband enjoyed a romaine salad. Well let me just say, that octopus was perfectly composed & seasoned. We then chose 3 half portions of pasta to share & each one was better than the next. Oh & for dessert the panna cotta w/caramel & salted nuts, was the perfect ending to a delicious meal. This was our first time dining @ Teatro & we look forward to dining there again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealGmanDined on 11/6/2014Made a last second reservation and ended up eating at the bar. Restaurant was not crowded as we ate a little later. Food was excellent. would strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Always good at TeatroPMGLDined on 11/2/2014Great location for a nice bite before or after going to the theater. Good food, good environment, good wait staff.Special Features:
- dinner and theatreBeebee2Dined on 11/1/2014Our favorite restaurant for a pre-theatre dinner! close to the district, with a fun selection of wines and drinks. great in-town pricing. italian offerings. well diversified menu from the duck filled catalloni- which I had; - to traditional bolonaese, and great roasted pork shank. We alway make our reservation through open table and a week in advance. vibrant atmosphere. Attentive staff. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addicted2FoodVIPDined on 10/31/2014Have always loved this place, famous for White Grape Cosmo which was very substandard. Food quality seems to have slipped as well..hope it was just a one time thing or we need to cross it off the list
- Don't go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We had reservations booked several days in advance. When we arrived the restaurant was very busy and they gave us the worst table possible: back by the kitchen. All night, we had to put up with the traffic of waiters coming and going. It was very distracting and noisy. It is hard to say if this was the restaurant's fault or due to our use of Open Table. Clearly our reservation was given low priority. The food was good but the table location really spoiled the evening.
- Always greatStanLapVIPDined on 10/29/2014We visit Teatro 5-6 times per year. Always satisfying. Duck confit cannelloni was truly memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisySharonBVIPDined on 10/29/2014If it weren't so loud, it could be romantic; at height of dinner rush, noise level was overwhelming.Special Features:
- Teatro rarely disappoints!SilkeVIPDined on 10/28/2014We love Teatro and dine there often. My last review title was "Teatro Never Disappoints!" I have amended that this time because on our last visit we encountered a server much like those at places we like less. "Hi, my name is Kaitlyn!" I'll be your server," followed up by being pesky (interrupting our conversation, etc.) and saying TWICE, "How's everythin' tastin'?" which in my opinion, is even grosser than, "Still workin' on that?" Up to now we have found Teatro wonderful (among many other attributes!) in its European-style servers, who are attentive but not intrusive, who don't introduce themselves, who get it that service is about the CUSTOMER, not the server! A newcomer to the Teatro staff needs some training. Everything else great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!KristinADined on 10/25/2014I picked Teatro based on OpenTable reviews for a date night visiting Boston, and I was not disappointed. Vibe in the restaurant was cool, our server was very friendly and helpful, and the food was fantastic. I wish I could eat the mussels every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top shelfBeauDined on 10/25/2014From the attentive valet to the maitre de and waitstaff everything was top shelf ! Food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Go and EnjoyJoeMVIPDined on 10/25/2014First time at Teatro and would highly recommend. Excellent meal and great service. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maximillionDined on 10/25/2014My Pasta was chewy. Grated cheese was not offered - I had to ask & I was almost finished by the time it arrived. Extremely noisy, but beautiful.Special Features:
- arexDined on 10/19/2014Great restaurant option for dining before shows in theater district. A bit noisy...Special Features:
- Great for dinner after the theaterAnonymousDined on 10/19/2014Teatro has delicious Italian food and is close to the Theater District making it a great spot for dinner before or after the theater. The pumpkin apple soup with maple cream was delicious as was the wild mushroom risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees could be more imaginativeCmfoodDined on 10/18/2014We has an overall great experience dining at Teatro. The bar had great wine and beer choices and was very knowledgeable and great at their mixology. Our appetizers were delicious! We got the pork ravioli special and the calamari, both were to die for. Once we got our entrees though, we weren't as impressed. I had the lobster pasta dish and the amount of flavors was lacking, my boyfriend had the sea scallops and was disappointed with the portion size, especially for the price. We each got gelato and sorbetti for dessert and those were a slam dunk, the perfect ending to our meal. All the wait staff, hostesses, bar tenders, food runners and anyone else working there provided exceptional and friendly service, no complaints there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teatro is awesome!SilkeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have loved Teatro for a long time... and it keeps on keeping on... over the years we've never had a bad experience. It's never tired or boring, never so-so or disappointing, never less than very good, usually a delight! The service is especially impressive... genuinely capable, well-trained servers who don't introduce themselves (!) or otherwise make pests of themselves, but are always alert and attentive when needed... a real rarity in Boston/US in general, and much appreciated!!! The food is delicious, carefully prepared and beautifully presented. The room is very attractive the noise level is convivial, but never chaotic or unbearable. I LOVE Teatro, wish it were right next to my home... we'd be there every night!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014the food was fantastic. The mussels appetizer was fabulous. My husband had the duck cannelloni and I had pear and Parmesan ravioli. All entrees were outstanding. The service was impeccable and the desert to die for....all within a moderate price rangeSpecial Features:
- Was great!JenlynnVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food was excellent! The quality of the food was really good. The salads were really fresh and Teatro uses high quality ingredients Makes a huge difference! The services was charming and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for theater nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We went to Teatro before a show at the Wilbur theater. The menu was creative, service was good and atmosphere trendySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014It was just what I was looking for. A tasty, not-too-fancy, pre-theatre dinner. While loud and bustling it was easy to talk with my partner and at the same time I was not able to hear the conversations of the parties on either side of us who were physically very close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014A friend and I stopped in for a drink before going to a show and found this place so charming! The drinks and food were so good! Recommend the mussels! The bartender was very pleasant! We truly enjoyed ourselves! Thx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nooneDined on 10/15/2014A place for interesting food options that just happen to be Italian. Good selection of small plates that allow for a range of appetites and different meal times and/or munchies. Good options for wine and cocktails too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TEATRODined on 10/12/2014My wife an I had a wonderful meal with great service. We have been to Teatro many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Dining in BostonCharlestonfoodieDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit to Boston. Teatro was recommended to us by our niece who lived in Boston for many years. We were very pleased with our service and meal. The waiter was so considerate that when he noticed that I was not drinking my cocktail he immediately took it off our bill. The food was excellent. We may never go back to Boston, but if we do Treato will be on our to do list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014Good food, good service, but too noisy for conversation. There was a group of 4 very noisy women which definitely detracted from our enjoyment.Special Features:
- Excellent, with one exception.NickDined on 10/10/2014Prefer a place where I can have (and hear) the conversation with my dinner partner. A bit on the loud side for me. Otherwise, a wonderful experience. Top notch service and well prepared courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice vibe spotDarrylDined on 10/9/2014A good spot with quality food at a reasonable cost...enough saidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I really enjoyed the food. The noise level was like any busy bar/restaurant, but with the tables too close together you could hardly hear yourself talk. The server didn't get our drink order correcyly , probably due to the noise level. I felt like I was practically sitting with the people next to me at their table. Overall a good experience. I would go back, but not for a romantic dinner. More of a friend night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 10/7/2014Restaurant was convenient if you're going to the theater. Food was good. I always like a restaurant that offers half or full portions of pasta. Service was good. Tables are extremely close together. You can easily hear the conversations on either side of your table. Overall noise level is high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GMD47VIPDined on 10/7/2014Excellent service in a nicely decorated restaurant . The Italian food here is better than 90% of the places in the North End .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible restaurantsuziDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I went to this restaurant because we were going to a show close by. It was terrible from beginning to end. Service was bad as the waiters seemed overwhelmed and running around. It took a half hour for my husband to get a drink he ordered. The food was awful and we could not wait to leave. Very unfortunate that yelp has a zillion reviews that the restaurant is fantastic. Must be written by friends and family members because I cannot imagine why people would ever like anything about it. It was very very disappointing. We went to a lot of trouble to get there too. We would have been better off just winging it and finding a place without reviews.
- No Complaints, but not memorableGregglesDined on 10/5/2014This was our first time back to Teatro in several years. We were looking for a good, convenient place for dinner before a concert in the Theater District. Overall, the food was fine, the service was competent, and the prices were in line with our expectations (our bill was $150 for 2 people). I wouldn't try to dissuade anyone from trying Teatro, but there are many restaurants in Boston that are better, so we won't be rushing to go back.
- Pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014Went with a group of six. All raved about their meal. Especially nice was the fact that they have some 1/2 portion entrees. No doggie bags needed.Special Features:
- CohassetcookDined on 10/5/2014This is a great restaurant for before the show meals. Conveniently located to several theaters. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Was told there would be GF choicesGfreelyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I requested gluten free, they called and said they had plenty of choices for gluten free, yet the outcome was different. The waiter hesitated when I asked about my choices. I could have a salad (no guarantee about the dressings) or the soup (I pursuaded him to ask the chef). Second course was scallops or steak. That's it! Sad choices. It is so simple to make things gluten free without telling the general public. Additives really are rarely necessary. I have been to Teatro's many times and had plenty of choices. This was the last visit as they have gone backwards in food preparation. So many other places to eat in the area that will accommodate. Restaurants need to realize while celiacs are in the minority we generally travel in groups!
- Always PerfectmbdinBostonDined on 10/2/2014Teatro never disappoints. Everything is terrific. Ravioli is sublime. Love the space.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed the restaurant and delicious food, but the noise level was distracting.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.