177 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teatroboston.com/
- Phone: 6177786841
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Monday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Mammano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for a complete buyout.
A word from Teatro
Teatro, located in the theater district overlooking the Boston Common, offers a modern approach to classic Italian dishes. The design of Teatro is both elegant and informal. The open kitchen and high arched mosaic ceiling gives the room a theatrical presence. Teatro offers a full bar and wine list. Full menu is available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teatro reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (73)romantic (57)good for groups (40)hot spot (32)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (17)great for lunch (8)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Leto ReviewLetoDined on 9/25/2014Great food and service. Get the calamari and mussels as appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GKH910VIPDined on 9/25/2014I am picky about italian food - and this place was amazing! The food was fantastic. The service was wonderful - our server made thoughtful suggestions and was very helpful. I highly highly recommend this place before a show - or anytime! We loved it and will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- packed at 6pmSnapDined on 9/25/2014We went here prior to seeing a show at Boston Opera (which is literally a 4 minute or less walk). It was packed with what I assume was theatre and after work crowd, i was glad i made reservations! The tables are VERY close to eachother, so close you have to put your butt on your neighbors table to squeeze in...awkward. It was quite loud too. The waiter was handsome and friendly. Drinks took a while to get to the table. My meal was fabulous though, it was a pasta stuffed with marsala braised duck, with a marsala and mushroom sauce. Unexpectedly amazing! The calamari was ok, actually, the actual calamari was good, but the sauces were not! Hubs got apple pizza, it was ok. Overall pricey, but would return when seeing another show bc locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bruschetta with peachesauntelissaDined on 9/23/2014We loved the bruschetta with peaches, whipped ricotta and balsamic! What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellsDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I throughly enjoyed our dinner and great wine. Being from New York we are always cautious about eating Italian food anywhere other than NY. We were recommended by a NY transplant and we loved the ambience as well as the food. We highly recommend it, a must try is the Chicken Milanese and the pasta with Bolengese sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Pretty LoudBawbVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food and service were excellent, and the look and feel of the place were cool and memorable. There was definitely a noise problem though - and we were there at 5pm on a Sunday, when it wasn't full yet. Worth noting, the entree portions are on the small side - go ahead and order one of their delicious-sounding first courses! Our only complaint: because of the way the tables are spaced, you can hear the people at the next table more clearly than the other people at your own.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Excellent ServicemadteapartyDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went here for a "date night" on a saturday evening. The ambiance was lovely, and though it was a bit louder than I usually like, I had no problem being able to carry on a conversation with my husband. The waitress we had was excellent, she checked on us throughout the night but was never so present as to be overbearing. The manager came by our table to see how we were enjoying ourselves and everyone was so friendlY! Most importantly the food was incredible. My husband had the duck, which he raved about the rest of the night, and I (being a vegetarian and had a surprising number of options) had the spinich ravioli with a white sauce that was so light yet flavorful I quickly finished the large plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeatroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Seating was quite tight. had to sit on a plastic chair. felt like I was eating at a cafeteria. service was good and unbelievably fast. Food was only OK given the price. menu and wine list were limited. One could be in and out of the restaurant in less than 45 minutes...and $120 lighter
- My wife's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014My wife,daughter,and I had a terrific meal and had plenty of time to get to the theater on timeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014We had a delicious meal, the service was excellent and the hostesses were wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Very good menu and reasonable prices. Nice to be able to order a smaller size portion of some dishes, so that you can try a few different things. Good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeatroStagDined on 9/17/2014We wanted good dining near the Opera House. This was within walking distance and also very Close to other theatre venues. Valet parking was very important.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Boston restaurantHarrryDined on 9/16/2014We made reservations via Open Table but when we arrived they could not find reservation. Although the restaurant was packed, they found us a table with a smile. Love this place; fantastic food, over the top service, friendly, professional waitstaff and all this with moderately priced entrees. Their fried calamari is absolutely the best we have ever eaten. Teatro is a gem. If you are not going to a nearby theatre, wait until after the pre theatre rush is over and then enjoy the best food and service in Boston.Special Features:
- Teatro never disappoints!SilkeVIPDined on 9/16/2014It's sort of a neighborhood gem, but more... has been great, and consistent, forever! Its location next to the Boston Common theater makes it perfect before or after a movie. Nice, busy bistro ambiance, great food, really good service even when busy... love it!Special Features:
- Mussels Appetizer to Die ForindygirlDined on 9/13/2014Loved the ambience. Great service and the food was really good. Absolutely loved the mussels appetizer and the presentation that they brought us each our own serving. Absolutely delicious. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- great for pre-show dinnerjbkollDined on 9/13/2014Had dinner here with friends prior to a concert at the Wang. Loved the drinks, food, and overall evening. Service was a little spotty in timing but the knowledge of our server was great, as was his recommendations. We were an hour late due to traffic on Storrow but they had a table for us anyways (we called twice to say we were still coming). It wasn't the finest table but we were happy just to be seated. Fresh ingredients, simple presentation, generous enough portions.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodCherDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed the selection of the meal. I would not recommend the chicken as it had no flavor. BUT, all the other dishes among our group were outstanding. Very flavorful and perfect portions.Special Features:
- Love Teatro!IlovespicyfoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014One of my favorites. Food is always great, you can't go wrong with anything here. Service is on point. Love all the pastas, and prices are extremely reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun vibe and great food!WineCountryVisitorDined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend Teatro. It's a cool building once you get inside. It's a bit loud, but that adds to the boisterous ambience as long as you're OK with that. The appetizers in particular were fabulous. Grilled peach bruschetta was just amazing. The shared antipasto platter was really great. Entrees were really good too. Lots of variety on the menu. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NewmieDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic food. Great service. Highly recommend trying it out. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in Theater DistrictTorontoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Terrific start to our evening. Food was great, service was great, ambience was lovely, and then a short walk to the theater for a great concert. Lot's of "greats" that made for a wonderful date night with my husband.Special Features:
- Great dinnerBday24VIPDined on 9/2/2014Went to Teatro with my nieces while visiting them in Boston. One niece lives nearby and frequents the restaurant. My first experience and it was a real treat. The food was delicious and prices are great. Drinks were great too! We split the Caesar and the arugula salads first. For dinner I had the chicken Milanese which was delicious, one niece had the risotto and the other had a pizza. We all loved our meals and each other's too! I can see why my niece loves the place.Special Features:
- Girls nightMMS15Dined on 8/30/2014We dined at Teatro during a girls weekend in Boston. We had a party of 7 and all 7 meals came out right, hot and quickly. The appetizers were fantastic light and fresh! Some of the best mussels I have had! The entrees were a perfect portion size for homemAde pasta. We tried the Milanese, rigatoni, orcheitte, shrimp scampi, scallops and pizza. All of it was was AMAZING some if the best food I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSpecialFXDined on 8/27/2014Amazing food. The waiters were Italian which is big for me in an Italian restaurant. The beet salad app was great. He food fresh. The special was truffle parmasian gnocchi with Marsala. It's was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerKroBdayDined on 8/24/2014Went there for a dinner for my sister's birthday, menu is very creative, some dishes come in 2 portion sizes so it's great to try few different items. Our waitress was very attentive & made good recommendations. You never go wrong with this ownership group of restaurants. Will definitely try rest of their other sister restaurants..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night date nightStonatuDined on 8/23/2014My wife & I enjoyed the food & the service. But the cafeteria feel to the resteraunt was very loud & not appealing. If you want to have a conversation with the table next to you this place is for youSpecial Features:
- amare Teatro!happy2dineDined on 8/23/2014Our total experience at Teatro was amazing! Beautiful setting & the service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. We began w/ cocktails:La Valentina and Mojito Italiano. Delicious! Next came the Bruschetta w/ Peaches. It was so good! 2nd course, we enjoyed Arborio with Wild Mushrooms, Parmesan, Truffle Oil & Conchiglie w/Maine Lobster. The Arborio was done to perfection and the lobster in the butter was sweet and tender. We also ordered Parmesan Truffle Fries, which were delicious. Then, we enjoyed Scallops w/ Corn & Potato "Risotto", Chantarelles, Crispy Prosciutto. As if that wasn't enough to send us home happy, we ended with the Dark Chocolate Cake and Cappachinno. Thank you Teatro!...already planning next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!TNTABQDined on 8/21/2014Everything from appetizers to dessert was excellent!Special Features:
- Half Portion ParadiseHalf4moreDined on 8/19/2014Tetatro had us with the Grilled Peach bruchetta! Amazing. And continued to win us over with their servuce and flavourful mains. We opted for the half portion mains to enable us to sample more dishes...this was brilliant. PEI Muscles were scrumptous...the Main Lobster sea shell pasta was mouth watering..mmmm that Vermont melted butter! MWild mushroom risotta was money...and the shrimp spagetti was very good. Service was fantastic...we couldnt decide btwn two wines so she offered up both to sample to make the devision...nice touch! No hesitation in recommending this to anyone...highly recommend going the half portion route to taste mire from the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Small PortionspastaloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Teatro. The restaurant is beautiful inside but quite noisy. The food was good but portions were small. I had the small plate of rigatoni bolognese and it was tasty and a decent amount for me but my boyfriend ordered the large plate of ravioli and his portion was very small. Drinks (Absolute & Cranberry) were $10.50 and very weak so that was disappointing. Service was okay; server busy waiting on large party so we waited for everything. Probably won't return since there are lots of other restaurants to try.
- Great pre-show dinnerDianneDined on 8/15/2014Really enjoyed the meals and there are many with small options or large. That is great when you are going out to a show and can't bring home leftovers. Great food and service. All the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Pasta homemade, fresh, tasty. Not for the romantic, tables a little tight together. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and AmbianceTeatraDined on 8/12/2014This place is for sure and A+++. The calamari was unforgettable. The drink list was full of fun and delicious drinks! Service was impecable. All of our entrees were delicious and beautiful. The monk fish, scallops, pork chops and lobster with pasta was out of this world. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a top notch experience.Special Features:
- Needs a fresh menuDinerDaveVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of few places in the area open late. Same old menu is boooooring.Special Features:
- Great pre-movie or theater diningCarolVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have been here several times before movies or theater and have never been disappointed. The availability of smaller portion sizes allows you to choose more things, and/or share plates, if desired. My group had the beet salad, calamari and tuna carpaccio, all of which were very good, and the mussels, which were extraordinary. Pastas (made in-house) are very good, too. Mushroom risotto was very rich and mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!MerstevDined on 8/3/2014Everything was prepared beautifully, and absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!HauteCuisineDined on 7/19/2014Teatro is simply amazing. I have been here more than a few times now and every time they hit the mark in both the food and service departments. I don't think I've been to a restaurant that is more consistant that this. Our server was awesome and extremely attentive to our needs and she also had a great personality. For food the sausage appetizer is by far the best and the rigatoni is one of my favorite pasta dishes ever. My only suggestion would be that they give the dessert menu a little TLC. Love this place and highly recommend it to all my friends and anyone visiting Boston and looking for a great place to have dinner.Special Features:
- Great place to go before a movie!Kenmore534VIPDined on 7/18/2014Right next to Boston Common theaters, great place to go before!Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre Dinnercclark02152Dined on 7/17/2014Dined at Teatro before last week's Phantom of the Opera. It was outstanding - booked on Open Table (persuaded by the positive comments) and was not disappointed. The heirloom tomatoes and calamari appetizers were fantastic. We had a small plate of the bolognese and shared a white pizza with arugula and hot peppers. Delicious! The wine too was superb (Annabella, I believe) and to top it off, Outstanding Service!!Special Features:
- Loved Teatro!JCBostonDined on 7/17/2014A great place to go after work or before the theater! The service, drinks and food were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.