177 Tremont Street
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teatroboston.com/
- Phone: 6177786841
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Monday: CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Mammano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for a complete buyout.
A word from Teatro
Teatro, located in the theater district overlooking the Boston Common, offers a modern approach to classic Italian dishes. The design of Teatro is both elegant and informal. The open kitchen and high arched mosaic ceiling gives the room a theatrical presence. Teatro offers a full bar and wine list. Full menu is available at the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Teatro reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)special occasion (77)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (57)good for groups (37)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (25)late-night find (20)great for lunch (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Half Portion ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Tetatro had us with the Grilled Peach bruchetta! Amazing. And continued to win us over with their servuce and flavourful mains. We opted for the half portion mains to enable us to sample more dishes...this was brilliant. PEI Muscles were scrumptous...the Main Lobster sea shell pasta was mouth watering..mmmm that Vermont melted butter! MWild mushroom risotta was money...and the shrimp spagetti was very good. Service was fantastic...we couldnt decide btwn two wines so she offered up both to sample to make the devision...nice touch! No hesitation in recommending this to anyone...highly recommend going the half portion route to taste mire from the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Small PortionspastaloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Teatro. The restaurant is beautiful inside but quite noisy. The food was good but portions were small. I had the small plate of rigatoni bolognese and it was tasty and a decent amount for me but my boyfriend ordered the large plate of ravioli and his portion was very small. Drinks (Absolute & Cranberry) were $10.50 and very weak so that was disappointing. Service was okay; server busy waiting on large party so we waited for everything. Probably won't return since there are lots of other restaurants to try.
- Great pre-show dinnerDianneDined on 8/15/2014Really enjoyed the meals and there are many with small options or large. That is great when you are going out to a show and can't bring home leftovers. Great food and service. All the staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and AmbianceTeatraDined on 8/12/2014This place is for sure and A+++. The calamari was unforgettable. The drink list was full of fun and delicious drinks! Service was impecable. All of our entrees were delicious and beautiful. The monk fish, scallops, pork chops and lobster with pasta was out of this world. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a top notch experience.Special Features:
- Needs a fresh menuDinerDaveVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of few places in the area open late. Same old menu is boooooring.Special Features:
- Great pre-movie or theater diningCarolVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have been here several times before movies or theater and have never been disappointed. The availability of smaller portion sizes allows you to choose more things, and/or share plates, if desired. My group had the beet salad, calamari and tuna carpaccio, all of which were very good, and the mussels, which were extraordinary. Pastas (made in-house) are very good, too. Mushroom risotto was very rich and mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!MerstevDined on 8/3/2014Everything was prepared beautifully, and absolutely delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!HauteCuisineDined on 7/19/2014Teatro is simply amazing. I have been here more than a few times now and every time they hit the mark in both the food and service departments. I don't think I've been to a restaurant that is more consistant that this. Our server was awesome and extremely attentive to our needs and she also had a great personality. For food the sausage appetizer is by far the best and the rigatoni is one of my favorite pasta dishes ever. My only suggestion would be that they give the dessert menu a little TLC. Love this place and highly recommend it to all my friends and anyone visiting Boston and looking for a great place to have dinner.Special Features:
- Great place to go before a movie!Kenmore534VIPDined on 7/18/2014Right next to Boston Common theaters, great place to go before!Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre Dinnercclark02152Dined on 7/17/2014Dined at Teatro before last week's Phantom of the Opera. It was outstanding - booked on Open Table (persuaded by the positive comments) and was not disappointed. The heirloom tomatoes and calamari appetizers were fantastic. We had a small plate of the bolognese and shared a white pizza with arugula and hot peppers. Delicious! The wine too was superb (Annabella, I believe) and to top it off, Outstanding Service!!Special Features:
- Loved Teatro!JCBostonDined on 7/17/2014A great place to go after work or before the theater! The service, drinks and food were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for before the theaterCarolVIPDined on 7/17/2014Teatro is geared for the before-theater crowd, within close proximity to several of the downtown Boston venues. The food is very good as is the service, and they make sure to keep things moving to get you to your show on time, but without feeling rushed. Recommended.
- Great pre theater optionselectivesusanVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have eaten here about 6 times before theater performances and always had a delicious meal and attentive service in an energetic atmosphere. Across from the Boston Common and near several theaters, their food servers acknowledge your presence right away and inquire if you have a specific timetable: SMART! The interior has a high, attractively decorated ceiling with low bluish lights: quite atmospheric! There are several delicious appetizers, pasta dishes, meat, fish & fowl options and, of course, desserts . Always love the scallops, prepared differently each time. The wine list offers numerous choices, by the glass or bottle, at various reasonable prices. We will keep coming back to Teatro since it never disappoints!Special Features:
- Great loc., food okay, service goodusnavy151Dined on 7/15/2014Great place for dinner before the show. Chicken milanese was too lemony. Service was very good though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceRTEEDined on 7/15/2014enjoyed everything from the antipasti, pizza pasta and secondiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teatro!CurlyCaseDined on 7/15/2014Great food, attentive service! The atmosphere wasn't hushed but it was still relaxing. The food came out very quickly and it was piping hot. Two thumbs up.Special Features:
- Good place to get quick dinner.TheaterLoverDined on 7/13/2014I made reservatons for dinner before the show and it was close to the Opera house and pretty on the web site. The food was OK, cetainly not as good as Italian food in North End. We paid 100.00 for two appetizers, one dinner plate, one vegetable side dish and two drinks. The service was outstanding, very attentive waters. The atmosphere was quite noisy, tables too close to each other and no privacy. Not good for romantic dinners. So if you need a quick drink before the show I would recommend it, but if you want a real Italian experience go to North End.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerGaryDined on 7/12/2014Six people in our party ordered six different meals and everyone really enjoyed their dinner. Price point of meals are reasonable. Looking forward to going back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expansive Dining Worth a CrowdtastetotellDined on 7/12/2014$$$$ but creativity & quality of every dish we ordered worth the investment. Lighting suited colorful food and imaginative service. Won't forget the evening. The reservation was a necessity on a Saturday evening. A bit noisy, but manageable if hearing isn't an issue. The Malbec was a surprisingly fine fit to our varied orders. Enjoyed the irony when one of our party's wine glass was removed without explanation; the waiter simply brought another back when we explained the young lady was older than the young man they just served. An order of rosemary-baked potatoes was missed, but we found salads and entrees large enough not to bother mention. Plenty of water provided to all. Leave room for desert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableHappyCoupleDined on 7/11/2014Our dinner experience at Teatro was wonderful, it was our anniversary and we will always remember it. Very friendly staff and knowledgeable about the menu and offerings.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceDSKramerVIPDined on 7/10/2014As a vegan, I wish there were a few choices. The chef however, made a special pizza for me with vegan red sauce and some topping which I selected. Salads are fresh out of a garden! Tasty white bean dip is served with warm bread. You won't be rushed. Nice atmosphere for any kind of meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Boston. The staff are always friendly and attentive and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Great style and great foodJimmazVIPDined on 7/8/2014We stopped in for dinner with my son before catching a movie right next door. Had a terrific experience with the food and ambiance. I had a swordfish dish that was very unusual over a bed of sun dried tomatoes small roasted tomatoes and mildly hot peppers. Unexpected mix of flavor but very tasty. My son had a chicken topped off with cheese and a bed of arugula over it. He loved it. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change from the North EndSricklDined on 7/6/2014For Italian, we have always sought out the North End, but Teatro was a refreshing change. Many of the North End restaurants are in a rut. Teatro's traditional dishes are simple, but the preparation and the ingredients raise them above Boston's already high bar. We had dinner before a show on a summer Sunday night and found the service and staff tone attentive, but not cloying. Go to the show with plenty of time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MerstevDined on 7/6/2014We went for dinner before the Phantom of the Opera at the Boston Opera House, and it was absolutely delicious. Every course we had exceeded our expectations. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationDriskyDined on 7/5/2014Great location to the theaters, friendly service good food. Very easy to make reservation on line with open table. Right next to the common, take a stroll before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseBobbyDined on 7/3/2014Had a really nice dinner at Teatro before a show at the Opera House which is just around the block. The resturaunt is a single room that looks almost like an old terminal with decorative high cove ceiling. Menu choices were limited - only a couple of specials, but Teatro had a nice feature allowing you to select smaller portion size at half the price so you can enjoy a couple of different meal choices. We happily took advantage of that option. The appetizers were delicious - especially the mussels which were shelled and in a really tasty cream sauce. Main course bolognese was what you would expect but the lobster and shells with butter sauce was scrumptious. Staff was pleasant and attentive and worked as a team. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious , great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014Randomly picked this restaurant based on previous reviews. We were very happy....food was very good, service prompt and attentive. Great place to go prior to show or any other occasion .Special Features:
- NMOFMODined on 6/29/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, the experience was fabulous. We ordered several courses and could not wait for the next one, as every bite was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theaterajp2754Dined on 6/28/2014Great for dinner before the theater. They'll get you in and out in enough time for the show. Service was good, food of good quality. My pork chop, though requested medium, was delivered very rare. They quickly corrected this, and result was a good quality chop. Room was very noisy, so not the best place for a quiet or romantic dinner. Overall good quality.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 6/28/2014good restaurant excellent service however the chairs are horribleSpecial Features:
- Convenient Theatre DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We went to Teatro for the convenient location to the Opera House. Our meal was outstanding and the prices were good in comparison to the other restaurants in this area. We do not visit Boston often and we were on foot. We got lost and were 30 minutes late for our reservation. Although late, they were very hospitable and pleasant and sat us right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OkayNiikiDined on 6/26/2014We went to Teatro for dinner. The restaurant was alright.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceMrBillDined on 6/15/2014The service was horrible. Food coming out of the kitchen was very, very slow. Quality of the food was good but nothing special. I thought the pricing was high and the wine we bought was marked up 400% So overall it was ok and I suppose an ok place if you want to have dinner and go to a show.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 6/15/2014We took my parents to Teatro for Father's Day. The food was excellent, but our server was nasty and disrespectful. My mother can't hear well, and when she asked the server to repeat something, she wasn't nice about it at all! At the end of our meal, my son and his girlfriend had to rush to make a train so I asked our server to bring us dessert menus quickly, but instead of doing that, she started to clear the table. When I told her that we wanted the menus first, she gave me a nasty look! For appetizers, we ordered the thinly sliced tuna, a half pasta dish, and a delicious mushroom pizza. For entrées, we had scallops, gnocchi pasta, chicken Milanese, skirt steak, and swordfish. The pasta, the chicken, and the swordfish were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning!albanyNYDined on 6/14/2014I went to Teatro's not knowing what to expect; I found an absolutely stunning restaurant! The food was to-die-for and it has become my new favorite Boston restaurant. The bread was fabulous, as was the calamari, and the chocolate cake. My pizza was the best I'd ever had. Highly, highly recommend this place! Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffforevereatingDined on 6/14/2014We were greeted with a smile, drinks were great, food was even better, waiter was helpful, all combined with getting us out on time for the show! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location before the theaterSusanslcmDined on 6/13/2014Excellent location right off the green line. Service attentive, prices moderate. Considering your in the city, they are very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteLoves2eatDined on 6/6/2014Have been going to Teatro for a number of years and never disappointed. From food to beverage to service. Always a oldie but a goodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible valet serviceGG84Dined on 5/31/2014Hadn't been here in a while so was please to find the food was still delicious. Highly recommend the beef carpaccio, meatball, rigatoni with bolognese sauce and scallop dish. Wasn't a fan of the antipasto, it used to have better items on it. Valet service was horrible. One valet on duty on a Saturday night made for a 20 minute wait outside to leave the car before heading inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.