1049 ST Gregory St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.teakthaicuisine.com/
- Phone: (513) 665-9800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Teak Thai
Teak Thai Cusine and Sushi Bar is located in Cincinnati and serves Thai Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Teak Thai - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Teak Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (12)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Thai Food in CinncinnatiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014The hot and sour soups are the most flavorful I have ever had. My wife and I cane for our Wedding anniversary and the food is simply outstanding. Spicy if you want it, just plain flavorful if you don't . Servers are attentive and friendly. The ambiance is great as it is located in an old house in scenic Mt. Adams with all of the local pubs and clubs within walking distance. Our only complaint was that the front room on the second level was very cold and they tried to accommodate with an electric heater but it just wasn't doing the trick. Room temp was about 64 degrees. Outdoor patio seating during the warmer months is a great option. We will continue to come here at least 4-6 times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious seafood curry dishmedboyILVIPDined on 11/9/2014I had an absolutely outstanding seafood curry dish. I've had Teak's curry dishes in the past and loved them all. The spice level 7 out of 10 was perfect for my taste.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The service was exceptionally poor, specifically was very slow and not friendly. The wait staff was not aligned well and there appeared to be miss communication between all functions from the kitchen, bar and servers.
- Very DisappointedBeancieDined on 11/8/2014Requested a quiet table for four with reservation; were seated in an upstairs corner near a party of 25-30 very loud young adults. We couldn't even hold a conversation amongst ourselves for the extremely loud noise level in the room. Food and service were mediocre. We left as soon as we could to escape the din, eating about half of our very average food. Server never asked if everything was okay - just handed us the bill and left. We've been to Teak many times over the years with good experiences, but definitely got the impression no one there cared if we were happy or not. Won't be back.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014heard great things but were beer disappointed. Our appetizer was over fried too the point of being almost burnt. We stuck with sushi and had the same problem. we had one roll that was fried and had way to much batter and was over fried. The other 2 rolls we had felt like they had been made from the left overs of the previous night. the tempura shrimp was chewy and cold.Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Always great service and wonderful tasty food. My husband and I always order spring rolls and teak trio. Great for family, visitors, and friends. Great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Teak ThaiKazeVIPDined on 10/31/2014Teak Thai is a great restaurant in Mt Adams. Their food is very good and the restaurant charming. Nice outdoor area when the weather is good. Good wine list with reasonable prices. The service is fantastic! Felicidad is incredible; energetic, funny, helpful...Teak Thai is lucky to have her on their staff.Special Features:
- Not our typical experience ...sswdinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been customers of Teak's on many occasions -- work lunch, quick evening dinner and weekend "go out" spot -- and our experience has been good. It was not the same this past time -- noodles were hot and the chicken was cold, delays in checking on us (water, drinks, ...) were longSpecial Features:
- dining with friendsAngela43Dined on 9/27/2014Took a couple that had never been there before. They enjoyed the food. I think they will be return customers. We always have a great meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitresscincifoodDined on 9/19/2014The waitress was not very friendly or personable. She was kind of bossy and impatient. She even threw the bill on the table. I was not very happy with her service. The food was good though.Special Features:
- Excellent Pad ThaiRubesDined on 9/10/2014Loved the Pad Thai. Best I have had in years. Excellent sushi as well. Very satisfiedSpecial Features:
- Great patio!HRaePDined on 9/3/2014The service is always friendly and they have a great patio. They could use some netting to keep the birds away and and machine to keep the mosquitoes at bay!Special Features:
- What is happening to this placeAnn352Dined on 8/29/2014Had a reservation for 8.15pm. Wasn't seated until 9, and that's because no one at all was at the reception area. There were several empty tables, yet no staff to be found. We get seated in a nice top floor, outdoor table, all by ourselves (no other tables around on this level), yet it was a nice trick because they completely forgot about us. Took another 30 minutes to get drinks, while we saw others that came in after us were already getting their orders taken. It wasn't until after 10 that we got our food, and then that was a disaster. Ordered seafood pot ($18 dish) FOR the seafood, yet they "forgot" to add the scallops. I paid $18 for rice noodles and ~8 baby shrimp. I WAS a loyal customer. Not anymore.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Not sure what happened this time. Teak is one of my favorite restaurants but everything was off tonight. I'm hoping for a quick recovery!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014The restaurant only had about 10 people there. The service was horrible. Took about 15 minutes to be greeted by server and another 10 to get our drinks. The food left little to be desired. Did not seem fresh, the vegetables seemed to be frozen and out of a bag. The food was not very hot. The food is overpriced for the quality you get.
- service poor. food above averageCaggieDined on 8/17/2014Asked for seating outside. Atmosphere was good. Took 20 minutes for waiter to arrive and ask for drinks. This only after we went to the servers to notify them of the delay. Service only fair after that. Restaurant was otherwise 10% full. This was a Sunday eve at 7p. No apology from anyone for poor service. Parking is difficult.
- avdheshDined on 8/8/2014Wish would have got an outdoor seating on my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great meal at the bar with Danielle. We stayed there because of previous problems with service. She is simply the best! Nice relaxed atmosphere where everyone talks go each other. I was surprised that they were out of sushi and chicken. Very nice time anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeakSpikeDined on 8/2/2014The food was good; the 3rd floor was noisy; the waiter was very attentive; the price was reasonable. A few more sound absorbers at least on the third floor would help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 283 reviews are from the Teak Thai reviews archive.
- Good food and SushiXOXOXODined on 7/25/2014I told the young female seater / greeter that I was on a first date and she seated me in a very private spot. There is private seating up and down stair by the bar. The outside is great as well when weather cooperates. Food is consistently good and there are also some nice surprises with the chef doing a little extra twist. We had a six hour diner -- first date with great service from Moses. His real name. Made Teak are monthly diner spot.Special Features:
- Amazing service, even better food!Paiged414Dined on 7/19/2014Party of 4....didn't have a wait to be seated and the service was fast. Waitress was knowledgable about the food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Thai but...LuvtodineoutVIPDined on 7/18/2014We came on a rainy night so we did not enjoy the outdoor dining. It took awhile-restaurant was not crowded at 6:3 to get water & also to get a server to order beverages. Server was not overly friendly. We were hoping for enjoy one of the Walleye dishes-(they have 3 on the menu) and they were out of walleye! Also wanted steamed dumplings-out of them as well. My husband enjoyed his curry dish, but he ordered it at a hotter level then my Thai Chicken spicy and mine was definitely hotter. My son order a chicken appetizer-fried bland chicken with a sauce that seemed to be out of a jar.Spring rolls-nothing special. I was disappointed -not up to par. We tried to use AMEX gift card-they would accept it but reduce the amount on the card by $10!Special Features:
- Food still great, Service just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014It had been awhile since I had been to Teak, I heard they are under new ownership and hadn't heard great things. I can say the food was still excellent, so that was a positive. However, the service was average, at best; and they wait staff/management seemed to be extremely confused on everything from where to sit people, to what we ordered and which table was getting what food. It wasn't enough to make me not come back, but you can tell it's not a very well oiled machine at this point. It took almost 10 minutes for us to be seated and it wasn't even that busy, our order was messed up and service was overall pretty slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like last time :(Paiged414Dined on 7/11/2014Dining was horrible...noise level wasn't a big deal but we received appetizers after our food came, food was cold and not spicy at all, waiter didn't give us silverware or refills...made me think they can't handle parties bigger than 4 people :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food service forgettableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Teak is still one of my top three favorite restaurants in Cincinnati strictly for the food. Service was horrible the only thing that saved it was a waitress that was not even our waitress that actually showed some attentiveness to us when we had requests. We sat at our table for at least 30 minutes before she came for our drink order and we ordered a appetizer right away. The appetizer came out with our dinner! We only seen our waitress for our initial order when she brought our order out and to bring the check. Other than that we had to grab a second waitress every time for additional who was busy herself. Again the food is so excellent it's the saving grace but service wise not a good experience at all. May just order to go for now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Food was good as always, but meal came 2 minutes after the appetizers. In hindsight I should have had the meal sent back until we were finished with the appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable placedsherleyDined on 7/5/2014This was our second visit. Service was friendly and excellent. Food was great as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedLJbabyDined on 6/30/2014I went to Teak for my birthday with my significant other, and while WE had a good time together, the service and the food were somewhat disappointing. He liked his entree (cashew chicken), and I ordered the spicy chicken basil noodle dish, but they were out of the wide noodles and the server insisted that they could substitute the rice noodle and the dish would taste the same. Well, it didn't. It was very salty. I am a Thai food connoisseur (and he actually works at a high end Thai restaurant) and for the price and reputation, we were disappointed. They were also out of the Thai beer he ordered.Special Features:
- Poor serviceIlikefoodDined on 6/28/2014Have been here before and was surprised by the poor service last Saturday. Once we were seated on the incredibly loud third floor, it was literally 15 minutes until a server came to us. We didn't even have drinks yet and the first thing he asked was were we ready to order dinner. We ordered everything at once and it took another 15 minutes to get the beer I ordered (that's 30 minutes to get a drink for those keeping count!). Once the food came it was great but the service was poor.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Paiged414Dined on 6/27/2014Waitress was very helpful with the selection of entrees and wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls at DinnerDinnertimeDined on 6/23/2014It was so easy to dine at Teak for all dietary needs. Our group had a vegan and one with special dietary needs...all were accommodated. And the food was great! Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinneroutplzDined on 6/21/2014Great place for an outdoor dinner with a couple of friends. Everyone had different dishes and all raved about how good each was. The wait staff anticipated our every need and were very nice. Outside was quiet enough for conversation, and shaded by trees and bamboo on the lower level while the vibe from the city trickled in and gave the place energy. Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too warmcincynaplesVIPDined on 6/7/2014The temperature in the restaurant was too warm, and the white wine and beer were also served at way too high a temperature. The food was good, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- USED to be my favorite place :(OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2014Our server seemed like she was high - to make a long story short, she was inattentive to the point that we ordered too much due to her... and brought wrong drinks to our table THREE times and didn't correct her mistakes after being reminded several times. The older woman who seems to be the owner was treating her staff terribly. It was very unpleasant all the way around. Unfortunately, this restaurant has dropped to the "only if I have a coupon" list.
- unhappy123Dined on 5/31/2014Worst service I've had in a long time. No one from the hostess, to the bartender, to the server seemed to know what they were doing or were accountable for any of the mistakes made.
- Beautiful night with a few bumpsHutlzeVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had to wait a bit for outdoor dining, so we went to the bar. Bartender took and filled 3 out of 4 of our orders and just forgot the last... Weird, though she was very busy. When finally seated, our waitress was very confused (language issue?) and kept recommending things that weren't still available. She even had trouble with a diet Coke order! When meal came, she mixed up who got what... Food was good and outdoor dining nice, but don't think it's worth the effort.Special Features:
- Special placeFavoriteplacesDined on 5/31/2014We love this place especially when the weather is nice and you can eat outside.Special Features:
- stay at the bar!lindaVIPDined on 5/18/2014We arrived early with some out of town relatives so we went to the bar to introduce them to Danielle. It was great!!! Fast service and good appetizers. Our reservation time arrived so we went upstairs. We decided to eat inside and were seated. No one came to see us for at least 20 minutes. Finally they took our order and brought out a soup and a carrot salad. A sushi dinner was brought out for one person and nothing else for 20 minutes. finally our dinner came out after more than an hour later. We had them (Moses) box it up as we were ready to go. We should have stayed at the bar with Danielle where the service was great!! She even served me a drink upstairs on one of her many trips to take care of her customers. She is the best!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014Many items on the menu not available. Restroom filthy.
- decentVictorDined on 5/17/2014Server somewhat inattentive. Food was alright - bathrooms really need some updating - in awful sate of disrepair.Special Features: