1049 ST Gregory St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.teakthaicuisine.com/
- Phone: 5136659800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Teak Thai
Teak Thai Cusine and Sushi Bar is located in Cincinnati and serves Thai Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Teak Thai - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Teak Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014The restaurant only had about 10 people there. The service was horrible. Took about 15 minutes to be greeted by server and another 10 to get our drinks. The food left little to be desired. Did not seem fresh, the vegetables seemed to be frozen and out of a bag. The food was not very hot. The food is overpriced for the quality you get.
- service poor. food above averageCaggieDined on 8/17/2014Asked for seating outside. Atmosphere was good. Took 20 minutes for waiter to arrive and ask for drinks. This only after we went to the servers to notify them of the delay. Service only fair after that. Restaurant was otherwise 10% full. This was a Sunday eve at 7p. No apology from anyone for poor service. Parking is difficult.
- avdheshDined on 8/8/2014Wish would have got an outdoor seating on my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great meal at the bar with Danielle. We stayed there because of previous problems with service. She is simply the best! Nice relaxed atmosphere where everyone talks go each other. I was surprised that they were out of sushi and chicken. Very nice time anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeakSpikeDined on 8/2/2014The food was good; the 3rd floor was noisy; the waiter was very attentive; the price was reasonable. A few more sound absorbers at least on the third floor would help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and SushiXOXOXODined on 7/25/2014I told the young female seater / greeter that I was on a first date and she seated me in a very private spot. There is private seating up and down stair by the bar. The outside is great as well when weather cooperates. Food is consistently good and there are also some nice surprises with the chef doing a little extra twist. We had a six hour diner -- first date with great service from Moses. His real name. Made Teak are monthly diner spot.Special Features:
- Amazing service, even better food!Paiged414Dined on 7/19/2014Party of 4....didn't have a wait to be seated and the service was fast. Waitress was knowledgable about the food and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Thai but...LuvtodineoutVIPDined on 7/18/2014We came on a rainy night so we did not enjoy the outdoor dining. It took awhile-restaurant was not crowded at 6:3 to get water & also to get a server to order beverages. Server was not overly friendly. We were hoping for enjoy one of the Walleye dishes-(they have 3 on the menu) and they were out of walleye! Also wanted steamed dumplings-out of them as well. My husband enjoyed his curry dish, but he ordered it at a hotter level then my Thai Chicken spicy and mine was definitely hotter. My son order a chicken appetizer-fried bland chicken with a sauce that seemed to be out of a jar.Spring rolls-nothing special. I was disappointed -not up to par. We tried to use AMEX gift card-they would accept it but reduce the amount on the card by $10!Special Features:
- Food still great, Service just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014It had been awhile since I had been to Teak, I heard they are under new ownership and hadn't heard great things. I can say the food was still excellent, so that was a positive. However, the service was average, at best; and they wait staff/management seemed to be extremely confused on everything from where to sit people, to what we ordered and which table was getting what food. It wasn't enough to make me not come back, but you can tell it's not a very well oiled machine at this point. It took almost 10 minutes for us to be seated and it wasn't even that busy, our order was messed up and service was overall pretty slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like last time :(Paiged414Dined on 7/11/2014Dining was horrible...noise level wasn't a big deal but we received appetizers after our food came, food was cold and not spicy at all, waiter didn't give us silverware or refills...made me think they can't handle parties bigger than 4 people :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food service forgettableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Teak is still one of my top three favorite restaurants in Cincinnati strictly for the food. Service was horrible the only thing that saved it was a waitress that was not even our waitress that actually showed some attentiveness to us when we had requests. We sat at our table for at least 30 minutes before she came for our drink order and we ordered a appetizer right away. The appetizer came out with our dinner! We only seen our waitress for our initial order when she brought our order out and to bring the check. Other than that we had to grab a second waitress every time for additional who was busy herself. Again the food is so excellent it's the saving grace but service wise not a good experience at all. May just order to go for now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Food was good as always, but meal came 2 minutes after the appetizers. In hindsight I should have had the meal sent back until we were finished with the appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable placedsherleyDined on 7/5/2014This was our second visit. Service was friendly and excellent. Food was great as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedLJbabyDined on 6/30/2014I went to Teak for my birthday with my significant other, and while WE had a good time together, the service and the food were somewhat disappointing. He liked his entree (cashew chicken), and I ordered the spicy chicken basil noodle dish, but they were out of the wide noodles and the server insisted that they could substitute the rice noodle and the dish would taste the same. Well, it didn't. It was very salty. I am a Thai food connoisseur (and he actually works at a high end Thai restaurant) and for the price and reputation, we were disappointed. They were also out of the Thai beer he ordered.Special Features:
- Poor serviceIlikefoodDined on 6/28/2014Have been here before and was surprised by the poor service last Saturday. Once we were seated on the incredibly loud third floor, it was literally 15 minutes until a server came to us. We didn't even have drinks yet and the first thing he asked was were we ready to order dinner. We ordered everything at once and it took another 15 minutes to get the beer I ordered (that's 30 minutes to get a drink for those keeping count!). Once the food came it was great but the service was poor.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Paiged414Dined on 6/27/2014Waitress was very helpful with the selection of entrees and wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls at DinnerDinnertimeDined on 6/23/2014It was so easy to dine at Teak for all dietary needs. Our group had a vegan and one with special dietary needs...all were accommodated. And the food was great! Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinneroutplzDined on 6/21/2014Great place for an outdoor dinner with a couple of friends. Everyone had different dishes and all raved about how good each was. The wait staff anticipated our every need and were very nice. Outside was quiet enough for conversation, and shaded by trees and bamboo on the lower level while the vibe from the city trickled in and gave the place energy. Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too warmcincynaplesVIPDined on 6/7/2014The temperature in the restaurant was too warm, and the white wine and beer were also served at way too high a temperature. The food was good, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- USED to be my favorite place :(OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2014Our server seemed like she was high - to make a long story short, she was inattentive to the point that we ordered too much due to her... and brought wrong drinks to our table THREE times and didn't correct her mistakes after being reminded several times. The older woman who seems to be the owner was treating her staff terribly. It was very unpleasant all the way around. Unfortunately, this restaurant has dropped to the "only if I have a coupon" list.
- unhappy123Dined on 5/31/2014Worst service I've had in a long time. No one from the hostess, to the bartender, to the server seemed to know what they were doing or were accountable for any of the mistakes made.
- Beautiful night with a few bumpsHutlzeVIPDined on 5/31/2014We had to wait a bit for outdoor dining, so we went to the bar. Bartender took and filled 3 out of 4 of our orders and just forgot the last... Weird, though she was very busy. When finally seated, our waitress was very confused (language issue?) and kept recommending things that weren't still available. She even had trouble with a diet Coke order! When meal came, she mixed up who got what... Food was good and outdoor dining nice, but don't think it's worth the effort.Special Features:
- Special placeFavoriteplacesDined on 5/31/2014We love this place especially when the weather is nice and you can eat outside.Special Features:
- stay at the bar!lindaVIPDined on 5/18/2014We arrived early with some out of town relatives so we went to the bar to introduce them to Danielle. It was great!!! Fast service and good appetizers. Our reservation time arrived so we went upstairs. We decided to eat inside and were seated. No one came to see us for at least 20 minutes. Finally they took our order and brought out a soup and a carrot salad. A sushi dinner was brought out for one person and nothing else for 20 minutes. finally our dinner came out after more than an hour later. We had them (Moses) box it up as we were ready to go. We should have stayed at the bar with Danielle where the service was great!! She even served me a drink upstairs on one of her many trips to take care of her customers. She is the best!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014Many items on the menu not available. Restroom filthy.
- decentVictorDined on 5/17/2014Server somewhat inattentive. Food was alright - bathrooms really need some updating - in awful sate of disrepair.Special Features:
- KhartoinDined on 5/11/2014Food was excellent. Service was great at the bar, and our food arrived at our table quickly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teak Thai a great destinationLindaDined on 5/11/2014My family took me to Teak Thai for mothers day. Wonderful. We arrived on time but wanted outdoor seating which was a 15 min. wait. No problem-the happy hour was still going on, so the drinks and appetizers were all half price. When seated our food was fresh, beautiful, and service as really good.Special Features:
- Not Your Average Mother's Day!Hate2CookVIPDined on 5/11/2014Rather than opt for the run of the mill $29 Mother's Day brunch at most restaurants we chose Thai food! We made the right choice. The food was excellent, as always. My daughter and I had just joined Weight Watchers, but found plenty of food options on the menu to keep us on our diet track. The only down side was the service. Usually it is excellent, but tonight it left something to be desired. Our waitress forgot one of the sushi items we had ordered, and did not check back on us very often. All-in-all though, we had a great Mother's Day dinner.Special Features:
- TriciaTriciaDined on 5/10/2014AC not working Didn't receive large size beer as was ordered because they were out. However, saw neighboring tables receive exactly what we ordered a few minutes later. Ordered Sushi, never was served. Dinner was served cold. Second round of drinks never arrived. Manager response was only "I'm sorry" he never offered any compensation until we asked.
- Great Food, Little ServiceDanOCinCincyDined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent, as always! The service, however, left a lot to be desired. Our server had a total of TWO tables and yet seemed very preoccupied with anything except her customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!SIGMANVIPDined on 5/8/2014Food, service, and ambiance were very good, but be careful of hot days, as there's no air conditioning.Special Features:
- The following 256 reviews are from the Teak Thai reviews archive.
- Great find, good food, ok serviceRoadWarrior28Dined on 4/27/2014The best Thai I have had in the last year visiting Cincy regularly. Food was flavorful , enjoyed outdoor seating , cool little bar on the first floor. Overall good staff but server was not present when needed a few times and missed out on getting some much needed extra hot spices ... but I will be back.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014We went to Teak with a group to celebrate my son's birthday and the food and service did not disappoint. Even my picky daughter in law found something to eat. The waiter was very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too hot, just right...FoodieatheartDined on 4/24/2014We visited Teak before going to a play on a weeknight, so it wasn't crowded at all. We were able to sit on the back patio and take our time. Our server was attentive and personable. The food was really good. We started with the Steamed Dumplings, which were very tasty. I am not a spicy person, so a level 3 was plenty for my Cashew Chicken. My husband had the Chicken Thai Spicy, level 8-he's all about the heat! Both servings were large and more than enough to fill us up without feeling over-full. The food came out promptly, but again, we didn't feel rushed. It was an enjoyable meal that was a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitjenamcqDined on 4/14/2014This was my husband and my first trip and was to celebrate his birthday. We went on a Monday night in order to avoid crowds and were able to do that, however they were out of a couple of dishes that we wanted to try due to a busier than expected weekend we were told. We had curry puffs for an appetizer, 2 glasses of Cabernet, and ended up ordering for main dishes Siam Chicken which was very good (but could probably feed 2-3 people) and Volcano Shrimp. Overall it was good and we'll likely return, but if you want to avoid crowds you might want to avoid a Monday or Tuesday because they may also be out of some menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed by nice weatherNomobozosDined on 4/12/2014We ate on the patio last Saturday. We initially wanted shashimi but our server warned us that the kitchen was backed up and we would probably have to wait 30 min. We were hungry so we ordered dinner. It was slow but we expected it and the weather was nice. When the food came my wife's dish was missing. Something happened and I could not understand if the waitress put in the wrong thing or what. She shared my dish for another 15 mins until hers finally came. We also asked for some more rice which seemed to take 15 to 20 mins plus we were charged an extra 3.50 for the rice. I've never been charged before for some extra rice. Overall the food was good but the service was disappointing. I really like Teak but this trip was off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have not been here in overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014we have not been here in over 10 years since we were first married and decided to return to our roots so to speak. We found that it was just as good and just as charming as it was back then! Food is wonderful and even though it was a little hot in there due to some fan issues they were having that night, we still had a fabulous time. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014The food and service was great! The restaurant was very warm and muggy. I heard several customers complaining to each other how warm it was in there so it wasn't just me -- haha! The temperature made it a little hard to enjoy the spicy food. The noise level was a little too high for me. I felt like I had to talk loudly to the other 3 people I was dining with. However, I will go back -- I've dined outside before and found it to be an enjoyable experience. I'll request outside seating next time I go!Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceRONIDined on 4/11/2014ordered appetizers which waitress forgot. Wanted to order the crispy duck but told they were out of it. Then tried to order a noodle dish and told they didn't have the right spices. we settled on a curry dish and a shrimp dish. The waitress brought the curry and cashew chicken because they were out of shrimp dish. Wow didnt even ask what we wanted instead. We said we didn't want that and ordered pad thai instead. we'd finished our curry before the pad thai arrived. When the bill came she had charged us for the cashew chicken which was more expensive that the pad thai. Management never came to see how our dinner was. What a disappointment! We will not be back.Special Features: