Teak on the Hudson
16 Hudson Place
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Teak on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teakonthehudson.com/flash.htm
- Phone: (201) 653-6888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm,
Thursday: 12:00 pm - 12:00 am,
Friday - Saturday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 am,
Sun: 11:00 am- 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Manny Herrera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wheelchair Access
A word from Teak on the Hudson
New Jersey's premier sushi destination! Elegant multi level dining room with friendly service. Enjoy our skyview lounge with views of the NYC skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Teak on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Hoboken ›
Teak on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (21)hot spot (20)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (12)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Overall service was good, ambiance was great but the entrees have taken a turn for the worse.Special Features:
- We love Teak!KristybizVIPDined on 11/2/2014We recently had brunch at Teak. The pitchers of mimosas were excellent! We ordered dumplings and rock shrimp for apps and they were delicious. My husband and I ordered lunch type food and our friends ordered breakfast. All meals were delicious! The atmosphere is always fun and energetic. Great decor and ambiance. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The music and scenery was great! Food was Edible, nothing special . Reasonably priced .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!whataplaceforamealDined on 10/28/2014We arrived and noted the place is magnificent in appearance. The bartender was friendly, helpful and courteous. We had a drink and our friends arrived. We were told we could sit at any table of our choosing which was very nice. The waitress was the best. We were not rushed and she offered a few very good suggestions. The food itself was high quality and presented very nicely.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014First time at Teak to celebrate a birthday. Good service and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to TrainilovefoodDined on 10/21/2014Good food at a convenient location for a business lunch since it was right next to all the trains from NJ and NY. Good sushi and non sushi items and good service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLove2eatDined on 10/19/2014We went to celebrate a friends birthday and turned out to be a great experience, right from the food to the ambiance to the service. Great Sushi.Special Features:
- Terrible experienceGandjDined on 10/18/2014Terrible experience! Took my husband out for his birthday, the food would take forever to get to our table and when we finally got the dessert, the manager rushed us to finish it so they could move the tables for the club
- Good food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014The menu was interesting and the food was very good, but the tables were packed tight together and the music was very loud. This was at 7:30 on a Friday, long before the nightclub kicked in. Appreciated the $20 bottle of a pretty good sauvignon blanc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Great overallFrankDined on 10/11/2014Had reservations for 8 on a Saturday night. Came about 730 and was seated right away. It was busy but not too busy like I had expected. Had Calamari and Spring Rolls for Appetizers and they were both delicious ! Had the Glazed Pork Medallion. The meat itself were great, wasn't a big fan of the glaze, thought it was missing something. It came with a side of pancetta spinach and mashed potatoes and both sides were out of this world! For dessert I had Fried Ice Cream and that also was out of this world ! Food and Service were top notch and the venue itself was gorgeous ! Enjoyed everything, would recommend Teak to anyone and would also go back again !Special Features:
- annoulaVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great brunch overall, but service was extremely slow on Sunday, the 5th of October when I went with 4 other people. The place was relatively empty so didn't understand why it took so long to bring out menus, waters, our drinks, and the food. But it was my first time for brunch there so I'll cut it some slack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good servictwg110Dined on 9/26/2014Service was good food. Was good I was on restricted diet but found several options as do one of my companion a vegetarian.music was louder than we liked good locationSpecial Features:
- Small portions but fresh fishEating4lifeDined on 9/13/2014I went with a friend for dinner at 9pm and the place was packed. We were sitted quickly and our wait staff was nice and efficient. We shared a plate of sashimi for two and the fish pieces were small but fresh. It was expensive at $64 so I don't know if I would ever go back for it. The atmosphere was loud and hip and at 10:30pm, the music got really loud and we couldn't talk anymore so we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ramapoDined on 9/12/2014Teak on the Hudson was AMAZING!!! the place is stunning! so hip and such a great vibe. the food was excellent and they had something for all of us to choose from. the calamari was to die for and the sushi was perfect! it's so close to the train and is right on the Hudson. my friends and I are definitely coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014our waiter Amanda was fantastic and the manager was great... we had a bit of a problem with the sushi first but they took care of it and the atmosphere was great.. would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- great place. went for dinner afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Music was load couldnt have a conversation without yelling across the table. Foond and drinks came out almost instantly but just as quick we needed another bottle , had to hunt the server down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bentleypenn88Dined on 9/5/2014All you can eat sushi for $20 an hr! It was so worth it. Delicious sushi rolls and lots of choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MustreadDined on 8/30/2014The service by the host was poor but the server was good. The ambience is great! I would not go back there because of the service. The host escorted us to a table that was not ready and left us standing there waiting on her after I asked her about getting the scenic view of the city. I had to go back downstairs to get the host and that's when the manager attended to us. He apologized for the inconvenience and offered appetizer on the house. I believe the long and short of this is that they're understaffed. What I enjoyed mostly about Teak is the coconut rice and the energy with the music pumping to get you in the party mood.Special Features:
- Was not disappointed!ricciann831Dined on 8/30/2014Went here for dinner over Labor Day weekend on the Saturday. It was a group of 4, but 2 of our guests were running late. The staff were very polite and accommodating to our late guests and did not make is feel rushed. The ambiance was beautiful! I had split the spicy girl sushi roll with a friend & it was perfect, and not too spicy. I had the crispy duck for dinner, while my friends had the lemon chicken & the Buddha chicken. We all had a bite of eachothers food & we all agreed that we would be ridiculously happy if we got any of those dishes again. At the end of the night it turned into a club, so we did feel a bit rushed to leave when it was changing. Overall, my friends & I agree that this was the perfect place for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJerryDined on 8/29/2014I was looking for a place that was close to Hoboken train station as I was coming from DC on the way to a Boston via car. Teak had a great menu with many options for the 2 sushi lovers in my family. Food was super and I think everything was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funspring2014Dined on 8/27/2014Consistent. Our waiter was really nice and accommodating!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I go to teak regularly, and I only order two things, the fried rice and the duck. I have tried the steak from there and the chicken, and I didn't like either. They have a rockin chocolate mousse, and after 10pm it turns into a club on the weekends, which is always fun. The service is lacking, usually slow, but it's not the waiters fault, they always seem understaffed. The inside is gorgeous, really good ambiance for a date or night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date night at TeakdjNeniDined on 8/1/2014I planned a date and made reservations at Teak. Service was good and the food was very good. The atmosphere kept us there for after dinner dancing and drinks. Music was on point and it was a pleasant crowd to be around no trouble just alot of good looking people having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Teak on the Hudson reviews archive.
- Great all you can eat specialOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2014For $20, 1-hour all you can eat sushi (including special rolls). Bring you appetite and pace yourself; lots of great choices to select.Special Features:
- Love itMyfoodreviews79Dined on 6/27/2014Always a great time at Dinosaur. The food is great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- Staff was greatcesgVIPDined on 6/21/2014I ate here while I was waiting for my daughter to finish her photography workshop. Sat outside where it was very entertaining watching all the people arrive from the bus terminal. Weather was wonderful so it was a very pleasant evening. The Sake Sangri-tini was delicious as was the Tiger Roll. For dessert I had a huge fortune cookie with chocolate and vanilla mousse. Definitely a dish to be shared. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Afterward I took a walk along the waterfront. Can't beat the views. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- LOVE IT...LOVELYLINDADined on 6/21/2014I LOVED IT HAD A GIRLS DAY OUT AND IT WAS PERFECT, AMBIENCE AND STAFF IS SO HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. GREAT BARTENDER!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedFinedinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great ambiance, and service was decent but the food under delivered especially for such a high price.Special Features:
- fun placedinnerDined on 5/31/2014we had dinner with a large group. great table, not crowded.(our reservation was for 6:30pm) Perfect time for dinner. by the time we left (9pm) the place was crowded.Special Features:
- SpecialSBRenieDined on 5/12/2014Met a friend for dinner and had a great meal, cocktails, and had a great time. Cocktail menu has some really nice choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with not so great foodSarahLeeDined on 5/9/2014The place was great with wonderful service. We loved the ambience and the drinks were good. Our only issue was the quality and taste of the food. The best part of my meal was the mixed vegetables.Special Features:
- Good sushi, good servicePeteDined on 5/7/2014The second time we've been here - both times the service has ben very good, the drinks were tasty and the sushi was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good spotDobisPRDined on 5/2/2014I had a pretty positive experience at Teak. We ordered sushi that was pretty good and more affordable than expected. Atmosphere was nice (lighting, big fish tank behind the bar, etc) but the place was pretty loud and the table I dined at was in a bad spot. Overall, though, a good place to eat, and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must.AllanTDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant provided us with an incredibly intimate dining experience. The food, drinks, and service was exceptional. We will certainly be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!girlsniteoutDined on 4/11/2014My first time here and the experience was great. We made reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. We were a group of 5 ladies and had a fantastic time. The drinks were great, appetizers were delicious And dinner was excellent. The Chilean Sea Bass was phenominal. If you still have energy the place turns into a nightclub! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent placeRenzoDined on 4/9/2014The food was very taste... Good variety of sushi and other great dishes. The Service was okay... Nothing special or worth mentioning. The ambiance was pretty cool... Good music and not too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad sushiBethDined on 3/20/2014Sushi were made sloppy. They were falling a part on top of that my shrimp tempura had a big chunk of lettuce which I have never seen before. I had a bad experience I think the atmosphere is great but the food does not match up.Special Features:
- Great girls night dinnerKrisVIPDined on 3/13/2014Our server was amazing. He knew we were out for a girls night dinner, and kept things lively. The food was delicious, and the restaurant was energetic. I'm glad we had a reservation, since Mondays and Thursdays fill up quickly. Overall, it was a fab, fun and delicious night.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedfoodgirlDined on 3/8/2014The food was really really good. We had a tuna appetizer and each had our own entree's. The whole meal was fantastic, which we were slightly surprised by since we didn't order off the sushi menu. Also the bar has this awesome fish tank behind it. Really cool!Special Features:
- Considering it was Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Considering it was Valentine's Day when we went, the only negative was that the white table cloths were dirty when we arrived at our table. They even gave us a real pink rose upon paying our bill. Sea bass was amazing!Special Features: