Teak on the Hudson
16 Hudson Place
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Teak on the Hudson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.teakonthehudson.com/flash.htm
- Phone: (201)653-6888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm,
Thursday: 12:00 pm - 12:00 am,
Friday - Saturday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 am,
Sun: 11:00 am- 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Manny Herrera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wheelchair Access
A word from Teak on the Hudson
New Jersey's premier sushi destination! Elegant multi level dining room with friendly service. Enjoy our skyview lounge with views of the NYC skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Teak on the Hudson - Best Restaurants in Hoboken ›
Teak on the Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (15)special occasion (11)late-night find (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014The menu was interesting and the food was very good, but the tables were packed tight together and the music was very loud. This was at 7:30 on a Friday, long before the nightclub kicked in. Appreciated the $20 bottle of a pretty good sauvignon blanc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Great overallFrankDined on 10/11/2014Had reservations for 8 on a Saturday night. Came about 730 and was seated right away. It was busy but not too busy like I had expected. Had Calamari and Spring Rolls for Appetizers and they were both delicious ! Had the Glazed Pork Medallion. The meat itself were great, wasn't a big fan of the glaze, thought it was missing something. It came with a side of pancetta spinach and mashed potatoes and both sides were out of this world! For dessert I had Fried Ice Cream and that also was out of this world ! Food and Service were top notch and the venue itself was gorgeous ! Enjoyed everything, would recommend Teak to anyone and would also go back again !Special Features:
- Good servictwg110Dined on 9/26/2014Service was good food. Was good I was on restricted diet but found several options as do one of my companion a vegetarian.music was louder than we liked good locationSpecial Features:
- Small portions but fresh fishEating4lifeDined on 9/13/2014I went with a friend for dinner at 9pm and the place was packed. We were sitted quickly and our wait staff was nice and efficient. We shared a plate of sashimi for two and the fish pieces were small but fresh. It was expensive at $64 so I don't know if I would ever go back for it. The atmosphere was loud and hip and at 10:30pm, the music got really loud and we couldn't talk anymore so we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ramapoDined on 9/12/2014Teak on the Hudson was AMAZING!!! the place is stunning! so hip and such a great vibe. the food was excellent and they had something for all of us to choose from. the calamari was to die for and the sushi was perfect! it's so close to the train and is right on the Hudson. my friends and I are definitely coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014our waiter Amanda was fantastic and the manager was great... we had a bit of a problem with the sushi first but they took care of it and the atmosphere was great.. would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- great place. went for dinner afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Music was load couldnt have a conversation without yelling across the table. Foond and drinks came out almost instantly but just as quick we needed another bottle , had to hunt the server down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bentleypenn88Dined on 9/5/2014All you can eat sushi for $20 an hr! It was so worth it. Delicious sushi rolls and lots of choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MustreadDined on 8/30/2014The service by the host was poor but the server was good. The ambience is great! I would not go back there because of the service. The host escorted us to a table that was not ready and left us standing there waiting on her after I asked her about getting the scenic view of the city. I had to go back downstairs to get the host and that's when the manager attended to us. He apologized for the inconvenience and offered appetizer on the house. I believe the long and short of this is that they're understaffed. What I enjoyed mostly about Teak is the coconut rice and the energy with the music pumping to get you in the party mood.Special Features:
- Was not disappointed!ricciann831Dined on 8/30/2014Went here for dinner over Labor Day weekend on the Saturday. It was a group of 4, but 2 of our guests were running late. The staff were very polite and accommodating to our late guests and did not make is feel rushed. The ambiance was beautiful! I had split the spicy girl sushi roll with a friend & it was perfect, and not too spicy. I had the crispy duck for dinner, while my friends had the lemon chicken & the Buddha chicken. We all had a bite of eachothers food & we all agreed that we would be ridiculously happy if we got any of those dishes again. At the end of the night it turned into a club, so we did feel a bit rushed to leave when it was changing. Overall, my friends & I agree that this was the perfect place for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJerryDined on 8/29/2014I was looking for a place that was close to Hoboken train station as I was coming from DC on the way to a Boston via car. Teak had a great menu with many options for the 2 sushi lovers in my family. Food was super and I think everything was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funspring2014Dined on 8/27/2014Consistent. Our waiter was really nice and accommodating!Special Features:
- date night at TeakdjNeniDined on 8/1/2014I planned a date and made reservations at Teak. Service was good and the food was very good. The atmosphere kept us there for after dinner dancing and drinks. Music was on point and it was a pleasant crowd to be around no trouble just alot of good looking people having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all you can eat specialOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2014For $20, 1-hour all you can eat sushi (including special rolls). Bring you appetite and pace yourself; lots of great choices to select.Special Features:
- Love itMyfoodreviews79Dined on 6/27/2014Always a great time at Dinosaur. The food is great and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Teak on the Hudson reviews archive.
- Staff was greatcesgDined on 6/21/2014I ate here while I was waiting for my daughter to finish her photography workshop. Sat outside where it was very entertaining watching all the people arrive from the bus terminal. Weather was wonderful so it was a very pleasant evening. The Sake Sangri-tini was delicious as was the Tiger Roll. For dessert I had a huge fortune cookie with chocolate and vanilla mousse. Definitely a dish to be shared. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Afterward I took a walk along the waterfront. Can't beat the views. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- LOVE IT...LOVELYLINDADined on 6/21/2014I LOVED IT HAD A GIRLS DAY OUT AND IT WAS PERFECT, AMBIENCE AND STAFF IS SO HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. GREAT BARTENDER!!!!Special Features:
- DisappointedFinedinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great ambiance, and service was decent but the food under delivered especially for such a high price.Special Features:
- fun placedinnerDined on 5/31/2014we had dinner with a large group. great table, not crowded.(our reservation was for 6:30pm) Perfect time for dinner. by the time we left (9pm) the place was crowded.Special Features:
- SpecialSBRenieDined on 5/12/2014Met a friend for dinner and had a great meal, cocktails, and had a great time. Cocktail menu has some really nice choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with not so great foodSarahLeeDined on 5/9/2014The place was great with wonderful service. We loved the ambience and the drinks were good. Our only issue was the quality and taste of the food. The best part of my meal was the mixed vegetables.Special Features:
- Good sushi, good servicePeteDined on 5/7/2014The second time we've been here - both times the service has ben very good, the drinks were tasty and the sushi was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good spotDobisPRDined on 5/2/2014I had a pretty positive experience at Teak. We ordered sushi that was pretty good and more affordable than expected. Atmosphere was nice (lighting, big fish tank behind the bar, etc) but the place was pretty loud and the table I dined at was in a bad spot. Overall, though, a good place to eat, and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must.AllanTDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant provided us with an incredibly intimate dining experience. The food, drinks, and service was exceptional. We will certainly be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!girlsniteoutDined on 4/11/2014My first time here and the experience was great. We made reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. We were a group of 5 ladies and had a fantastic time. The drinks were great, appetizers were delicious And dinner was excellent. The Chilean Sea Bass was phenominal. If you still have energy the place turns into a nightclub! I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent placeRenzoDined on 4/9/2014The food was very taste... Good variety of sushi and other great dishes. The Service was okay... Nothing special or worth mentioning. The ambiance was pretty cool... Good music and not too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad sushiBethDined on 3/20/2014Sushi were made sloppy. They were falling a part on top of that my shrimp tempura had a big chunk of lettuce which I have never seen before. I had a bad experience I think the atmosphere is great but the food does not match up.Special Features:
- Great girls night dinnerKrisVIPDined on 3/13/2014Our server was amazing. He knew we were out for a girls night dinner, and kept things lively. The food was delicious, and the restaurant was energetic. I'm glad we had a reservation, since Mondays and Thursdays fill up quickly. Overall, it was a fab, fun and delicious night.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedfoodgirlDined on 3/8/2014The food was really really good. We had a tuna appetizer and each had our own entree's. The whole meal was fantastic, which we were slightly surprised by since we didn't order off the sushi menu. Also the bar has this awesome fish tank behind it. Really cool!Special Features:
- Considering it was Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Considering it was Valentine's Day when we went, the only negative was that the white table cloths were dirty when we arrived at our table. They even gave us a real pink rose upon paying our bill. Sea bass was amazing!Special Features:
- As always, the food was outstandingJoeKDined on 2/8/2014As always, the food was outstanding. The service was just OK this time. The waiting staff was very busy and were not as attentive as usual. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good in wintersManikVIPDined on 1/18/2014They keep the doors open and you freeze while eating good. Rest are all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Slow ServiceMsLittleDeeDined on 1/16/2014I've been at Teak numerous times and the food and service was exceptional. I have never had issues with service before, but on this occasion the service was pretty bad. We would have to ask on numerous occasions for flatware, condiments, drinks, etc. Maybe it was an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a Monday nite NOTElizabethVIPDined on 1/13/2014Went on a Monday nite NOT knowing it was 1/2 price on almost everything ..great surprise ..will be back for Great food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying too hardOceanstar9Dined on 1/11/2014A dining deal brought my friend and I to Teak on the Hudson. The cocktails were disappointing - primarily vodka-based drinks, some sake-based, but in general not very exciting and mostly too sweet. The food was very good, but our server left something to be desired. She brought the check before asking if we'd like dessert and forgot about our table a couple of times. The ambiance was lively but felt over designed. I'd recommend this for the 21 - 25 year old Hoboken crowd looking for a night out, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It simply lacks the sophistication that the 26+ crowd will expect/demand.Special Features:
- After several visit to TeakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2014After several visit to Teak my only conclusion has to be this is a great place to take a date or meet a friend for some great Sushi!Special Features:
- Great time and great foodlobsterlvrDined on 12/30/2013Great time and great food for this Father (58) - Daughter (22) combination. Fantastically good night out.Special Features:
- Please DO stop the musicKfchildsDined on 12/19/2013I love the half priced nights at Teak, they're an amazing deal, especially for Hoboken. Their sushi is great, good quality, and awesome value at half off. They don't have an exceptionally exotic selection of it, but still a solid selection. They serve edamame at the tables instead of bread, which I love. And their specialty cocktails are also a success. My only complaint is that they crank up the music so loud you lose a lot of ambiance. I understand they have a vibrant night life, but at least wait till around 10pm to get things cranked up, especially on a weeknight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited for about 10 minutesLikesToEastVIPDined on 12/16/2013Waited for about 10 minutes for a server. Fresh lipstick on both water glasses that wasn't mine. I've been going to this restaurant for years and, unfortunately, quality is on the decline.
- good for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2013the food here is excellent The service is not. We were one of three occupied tables and waited for water, and then 45 minutes for the main courses. The waiter was pleasant enough but lackadaisical in his attitude. Th excuse for the long wait ws that " the kitchen is small" . a strange explanation since there were about 12 people in the whole place at the time(6:30 PM).Special Features: