Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada
901 Foothill Blvd
La Canada, CA 91011Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taylorssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (818) 790-7668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Cruz Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A newly added private dining room with a capacity up to 30 people. Flat screen TV for presentations, light, airy and spacious. Reservations required in advance, and full service available as far as cakes or flowers.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Prata or Gina Cox 818-790-7668
A word from Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada
A beautifully appointed old fashioned steakhouse with a warm clubby atmosphere. All our steaks are selected from USDA eastern prime or certified Angus corn-fed beef exclusively. We have a variety of fresh fish items, Australian lamb and free range chicken.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada - Best Restaurants in La Canada ›
Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (73)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (31)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (20)notable wine list (14)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- ReservationsKatfishDined on 11/22/2014My reservations were for 4 people. We were first seated at a small 3 person table that us women would have had to sit in the corners of the table. The hostess then took us to the back room which would have been fine except that a patron was talking very very loud so the whole room could here. Finally, she took us to the table next to the original small one and it was the perfect size for 4 people. I then was able to enjoy my birthday celebration. I guess it is better to call and specify the size of 4 person table I need instead of going through your website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Excellent steaks as well as some fish, seafood and chicken - but steak is the thing. Quality is terrific and the prices are reasonable, not cheap but good value compared to other similar restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food selection was excellent, service greatAiwsteveDined on 11/15/2014The dinning experience was very good. We were seated quickly and everyone involved was courteous, cheerful and professional. The menu selection was good and prices were moderate. The food was excellent and presented nicely. All in all was a pleasant dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ByronNLoreeDined on 11/7/2014A favorite local restaurant of ours for years. Always great steaks and sides cooked to perfection. Bartenders are excellent as well. Highly recommended for a relaxing dinner or lunch with locals who add a special ambiance to an already great venue. Make reservations or crowd in at the bar while waiting for a table if you walk in without doing so. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere were perfectSnufflesDined on 11/6/2014Relaxed atmosphere near the large outdoor fireplace. Food and dessert was most enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great repastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014We hosted an Appreciation Dinner for very deserving professionals who gave hours of service pro bono that concluded with a successful outcome. Mostly men, it was a perfect spot. I took the advice of a friend and it worked out splendidly. The food was excellent!! The 20 ounce rib was amazing. The service impeccable. Space a bit tight for nine as we 9 were in a corner. am sure that was to accommodate two private parties us being one of them. The other had 6. I will go back with my husband and family soon. I am a customer of Lawry's for fifty three years. I was very impressed with your presentation. The group wants to come back next year.Special Features:
- steakhouse55cosmogirlDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant would be in the category of a steakhouse. I think the quality exceeds that of similar steakhouses like Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBestSteaksDined on 10/29/2014As always Taylor's Steak House is one of the best. I took an old friend that did not even know Taylor's existed. I ordered THE CULOTTE and he ordered Prime Rib regular cut, Both of the items were outstanding. The veggies for the evening were mixed winter vegetables and were prepared to perfection. We also each ordered the Molly Salad which was perfect. It was quiet, we could have a conversation without having to raise our voices. Service was top drawer, all in all just what I expected when I made the decision to go there.Special Features:
- Food, serviceSullieDined on 10/24/2014I made reservations but still had to wait quite a bit. After being seated my wife and I ordered. She ordered prime rib and i kansas steak. After about 10 minutes the server came to inform us they were out. The way she said it was really rude. She even blamed the other staff in front of us. The server was really rude to us up until we got our check, go figure she wanted a great tip. I don't think i will ever eat here on a weekend again. The first time we ate here it was a Tuesday evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good, Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014The dining area separated by a wall from the bar is a little cramped, but okay. The signature 20 ounce bone-in ribeye steak was undercooked for what we ordered so if you split it with your date, be careful. The steak itself was good, but no better than and maybe a little less tasty as other comparable steak houses. The service was good and waitress was friendly and accommodating. We would go back again but not drive a far distance to do so.Special Features:
- Awesome placeJwu12Dined on 10/19/2014the food is always excellent here. I usually get the prime rib. You cannot go wrong with it.Special Features:
- Always GreatmellaplDined on 10/18/2014We had the swordfish and it was outstanding, cooked perfectly. The food is always great and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eat.5quieteaterDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant was very quiet, although a bit dark. The food was very good and came in a timely manner. Our waitress was very good and our drinks were refilled quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals!DinerFromMartelDined on 10/11/2014One of the best meals I have had in a long time... Everything was perfect -- the steak, the vegetables, the dessert, the service. Have eaten at both Taylor's locations, and it is easy to see why it is one of the top steakhouses in LA. At least as good, if not better, than other steakhouses that charge two or three times as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you want the bestSGomezDined on 10/11/2014My friends & family love Taylor's, we have always had great experiences there and recommend Taylor's for any ocassion you need from just dinner to a party. Taylor's is one of the best restaraunts I have experienced and are always very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysRobertDined on 10/10/2014Just a great meal for a very fair price. Nice surroundings and good service.Special Features:
- Okay2424schaefDined on 10/6/2014Overall the food and the service was fine. I've had better steak (mine was a New York) They put too many onions on the Meat for my likingSpecial Features:
- Disappointing. Overrated.LoveToEatOutDined on 10/3/2014Our son asked for crab on top of steak, hoping for something a la oscar. The chateaubriand came out with two thin finger sized sticks of crab on top of steak. French onion soup lacked flavor. Scallops were good, but wild rice tasted like it came out of a box. Service was rushed. I was still eating and busboy was ready to take my plate away twice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Refill service for tea, great! Refill for soda drinks, poor Prime rib Great!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding old school restaurant.CatmomDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding old school steakhouse. Excellent for casual and special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayneDined on 9/23/2014I have been dining at Taylor's since the early 60's when it was on Western Ave. in Los Angeles.......then to 8th street and now La Canada. We love everything about Taylor's...... The staff is tops and very professional yet personal. We love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak w/o useless flashChakalDined on 9/20/2014This place has a nice quiet seating with excellent servers. The steaks are great and you don't pay for tuxedos for the servers, candelabras and unnecessary piano players.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mellaplDined on 9/17/2014The food was fantastic , the swordfish was cooked perfectly (fork tender) side dishes were great. they make a great martini and service was great.Special Features:
- Damon'sOutandaboutDined on 9/14/2014The food and service were outstanding. The only negative I found was it was hot in the restaurant. The a/c was not cooling off the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightChumwagonDined on 9/13/2014Great food great service. In laws anniversary and was a perfect place to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Favorite2eat2love2dineDined on 9/12/2014Missed the mark slightly. We were graciously allowed to push our reservation back 15 minutes on a very busy Friday night to 7:15. Appreciated that! Were immediately sat in the private room where the wine in stored. Felt a bit like a stock room as various wait staff came in to get their wine selections. Steaks delish but not to order. Ordered coffee but didn't get it...not on bill either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joanDined on 9/7/2014Service not good; we had to pour our own wine. This was a special occasion - anniversaries for both parties. Reservations knew this, waitress did not, or forgot (I'm guessing the later).Special Features:
- As good as Taylor's in Down Town...JimboVIPDined on 9/4/2014I spent many wonderful lunch's at Taylor’s Down town location, which was established in 1953. The new location is just as good for me and my friends, we meet at the New Taylor's once a month for lunch since we retired. Considering that I live in OC CA and It's an 82 mile round trip ride, tells you how much I love the food at Taylor's. If you like prime beef & fresh fish they have the best, and if you love home made soups, Taylor's exceeds every Restaurant I've ever eaten at . They have a weekly lunch specials as well as dinner specials, my favorite for lunch on Thursdays is the Soup & Sandwich, Corned Beef on Rye & Fresh Mushroom Soup, and at $12, it's a real deal. If you want the best in food and service you have to eat at Taylor's.Special Features:
- WayneDined on 9/2/2014Been going to Taylor's for years.........great placeSpecial Features:
- Start to FinishCookieDined on 9/1/2014Good quality and reliable preparation from appetizer to last bite. Meat is their specialty and does not dissapoint in any of the copurses availbel. The Molly salad is different and very tasty. Wine offerings complement the food nicely, Sweets could use an up date. Staff is attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Taylor's Steakhouse La Canada on a number of occasions. The food is always very good, I wish I could say the same about our server. He was rude and failed to answer questions. One of our guests asked me a question and he answered for me. The look on the faces of the other members of our party was priceless. Will dine there again unless our "etiquette starved" server is assigned to our table in which case we will leave.
- Steak House ExtrodinaireLizmageeDined on 8/29/2014Be hungry for a delicious steak!!! My new favorite is the Kansas City steak. The Molly salad is out of this world for the bleu cheese lover and the cole slaw is crunchy and light. My dining experiences at Taylor's have always been fabulous. I drive out of my way often for their cheeseburger. It's just an incredible dining experience and the service is excellent. The Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc is crisp and fruity and the atmosphere and setting take you back to the days of steak houses on Ventura Blvd. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House aroundWayneDined on 8/29/2014I have been going to Taylor's Steak House since it first began on Western Ave. We go at least twice a month and sometimes more. We always take guest there for a wonderful experience. The Manager Anita, her hostesses and staff are wonderful and make you feel right at home. Besides that the food is fantastic and not a better steak in town...........Love the one I La Canada.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The waiter was extremely difficult to understand and appeared to be bothered by reqeuests. Therefore, a fair rating for service on this visit. The service is usually exceptional/
- Yum989Dined on 8/27/2014Taylor's Steakhouse is an all-time favorite! I love that the wait staff knows your name and everyone is so incredibly friendly. The food is divine. I love to order the Molly salad chopped with bacon and avocado added. The portion is big enough to be split with a friend. Then to top it off I get the London Broil appetizer which features 3 succulent pieces of meat which melt in your with a side of horseradish, The perfect meal! For special romantic nights, reserve in advance the wine cellar table. Very special!Special Features:
- Old school favorite!RubenCDined on 8/23/2014An old school steakhouse with all the charm and history to match. Excellent food prepared constantly well and the service is friendly and well trained. Priced moderately but with high standards that compare to higher end restaurants. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- I Highly recommend Taylor's La Can!SGomezDined on 8/23/2014Each and every time either my husband and I have gone to Taylor's or each and every time we go with our friends for a special occasion as was this particular time it has always turned out to have been the most wonderful experience as far as food choices, service and overall dining experience. We have been to many steak houses, expensive ones and highly known ones, but to us, Taylor's stands so far out that it should be on the A listers choice of restaurants and as a bonus their prices are outstanding! I would pay more, but they are smart by keeping their prices reasonable so that everyone can come and experience and enjoy their fine restaraunt anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Nothing SpecialLellenDined on 8/23/2014The evening was nice and we enjoyed ourselves, but we went away feeling that we could have gotten a better steak at home. I enjoyed the fresh corn the best. The meat was rather tasteless and loaded with fat and the salad was also very bland. A special treat was given to us for our anniversary... a small dish of mocha almond fudge ice cream that was delicious. Our waitress was not very comfortable. She seemed a bit impatient when we didn't know exactly what to order, and later, when there was a disturbance in the restaurant she got very flustered. My overall feeling about this trip to Taylors was that for the money, it is really not worth it. We spent $110 and neither of us really thought the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Best value and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014As usual, the food was superb, and the service was great. Also, great value in the meal. Love the baked potato!
- Excellent find!!!BlessedDined on 8/18/2014Since we were going to Descanso Gardens, I looked on the internet to find a nice restaurant to treat my friend for her birthday. We were both very pleased. I had the steak salad, and it was wonderful!!! But, our favorite was the chocolate cake a la mode (that wasn't the exact name). It was absolutely incredible. We live in Long Beach, and both of us agreed that we would totally drive to La Canada just for the dessert!!! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.