Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada
901 Foothill Blvd
La Canada, CA 91011Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taylorssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8187907668
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Cruz Martinez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A newly added private dining room with a capacity up to 30 people. Flat screen TV for presentations, light, airy and spacious. Reservations required in advance, and full service available as far as cakes or flowers.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Prata or Gina Cox 818-790-7668
A word from Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada
A beautifully appointed old fashioned steakhouse with a warm clubby atmosphere. All our steaks are selected from USDA eastern prime or certified Angus corn-fed beef exclusively. We have a variety of fresh fish items, Australian lamb and free range chicken.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada - Best Restaurants in La Canada ›
Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (25)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (22)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (15)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Damon'sOutandaboutDined on 9/14/2014The food and service were outstanding. The only negative I found was it was hot in the restaurant. The a/c was not cooling off the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightChumwagonDined on 9/13/2014Great food great service. In laws anniversary and was a perfect place to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Favorite2eat2love2dineDined on 9/12/2014Missed the mark slightly. We were graciously allowed to push our reservation back 15 minutes on a very busy Friday night to 7:15. Appreciated that! Were immediately sat in the private room where the wine in stored. Felt a bit like a stock room as various wait staff came in to get their wine selections. Steaks delish but not to order. Ordered coffee but didn't get it...not on bill either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joanDined on 9/7/2014Service not good; we had to pour our own wine. This was a special occasion - anniversaries for both parties. Reservations knew this, waitress did not, or forgot (I'm guessing the later).Special Features:
- As good as Taylor's in Down Town...JimboVIPDined on 9/4/2014I spent many wonderful lunch's at Taylor’s Down town location, which was established in 1953. The new location is just as good for me and my friends, we meet at the New Taylor's once a month for lunch since we retired. Considering that I live in OC CA and It's an 82 mile round trip ride, tells you how much I love the food at Taylor's. If you like prime beef & fresh fish they have the best, and if you love home made soups, Taylor's exceeds every Restaurant I've ever eaten at . They have a weekly lunch specials as well as dinner specials, my favorite for lunch on Thursdays is the Soup & Sandwich, Corned Beef on Rye & Fresh Mushroom Soup, and at $12, it's a real deal. If you want the best in food and service you have to eat at Taylor's.Special Features:
- WayneDined on 9/2/2014Been going to Taylor's for years.........great placeSpecial Features:
- Start to FinishCookieDined on 9/1/2014Good quality and reliable preparation from appetizer to last bite. Meat is their specialty and does not dissapoint in any of the copurses availbel. The Molly salad is different and very tasty. Wine offerings complement the food nicely, Sweets could use an up date. Staff is attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Taylor's Steakhouse La Canada on a number of occasions. The food is always very good, I wish I could say the same about our server. He was rude and failed to answer questions. One of our guests asked me a question and he answered for me. The look on the faces of the other members of our party was priceless. Will dine there again unless our "etiquette starved" server is assigned to our table in which case we will leave.
- Steak House ExtrodinaireLizmageeDined on 8/29/2014Be hungry for a delicious steak!!! My new favorite is the Kansas City steak. The Molly salad is out of this world for the bleu cheese lover and the cole slaw is crunchy and light. My dining experiences at Taylor's have always been fabulous. I drive out of my way often for their cheeseburger. It's just an incredible dining experience and the service is excellent. The Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc is crisp and fruity and the atmosphere and setting take you back to the days of steak houses on Ventura Blvd. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House aroundWayneDined on 8/29/2014I have been going to Taylor's Steak House since it first began on Western Ave. We go at least twice a month and sometimes more. We always take guest there for a wonderful experience. The Manager Anita, her hostesses and staff are wonderful and make you feel right at home. Besides that the food is fantastic and not a better steak in town...........Love the one I La Canada.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The waiter was extremely difficult to understand and appeared to be bothered by reqeuests. Therefore, a fair rating for service on this visit. The service is usually exceptional/
- Yum989Dined on 8/27/2014Taylor's Steakhouse is an all-time favorite! I love that the wait staff knows your name and everyone is so incredibly friendly. The food is divine. I love to order the Molly salad chopped with bacon and avocado added. The portion is big enough to be split with a friend. Then to top it off I get the London Broil appetizer which features 3 succulent pieces of meat which melt in your with a side of horseradish, The perfect meal! For special romantic nights, reserve in advance the wine cellar table. Very special!Special Features:
- Old school favorite!RubenCDined on 8/23/2014An old school steakhouse with all the charm and history to match. Excellent food prepared constantly well and the service is friendly and well trained. Priced moderately but with high standards that compare to higher end restaurants. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- I Highly recommend Taylor's La Can!SGomezDined on 8/23/2014Each and every time either my husband and I have gone to Taylor's or each and every time we go with our friends for a special occasion as was this particular time it has always turned out to have been the most wonderful experience as far as food choices, service and overall dining experience. We have been to many steak houses, expensive ones and highly known ones, but to us, Taylor's stands so far out that it should be on the A listers choice of restaurants and as a bonus their prices are outstanding! I would pay more, but they are smart by keeping their prices reasonable so that everyone can come and experience and enjoy their fine restaraunt anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced Nothing SpecialLellenDined on 8/23/2014The evening was nice and we enjoyed ourselves, but we went away feeling that we could have gotten a better steak at home. I enjoyed the fresh corn the best. The meat was rather tasteless and loaded with fat and the salad was also very bland. A special treat was given to us for our anniversary... a small dish of mocha almond fudge ice cream that was delicious. Our waitress was not very comfortable. She seemed a bit impatient when we didn't know exactly what to order, and later, when there was a disturbance in the restaurant she got very flustered. My overall feeling about this trip to Taylors was that for the money, it is really not worth it. We spent $110 and neither of us really thought the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Best value and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014As usual, the food was superb, and the service was great. Also, great value in the meal. Love the baked potato!
- Excellent find!!!BlessedDined on 8/18/2014Since we were going to Descanso Gardens, I looked on the internet to find a nice restaurant to treat my friend for her birthday. We were both very pleased. I had the steak salad, and it was wonderful!!! But, our favorite was the chocolate cake a la mode (that wasn't the exact name). It was absolutely incredible. We live in Long Beach, and both of us agreed that we would totally drive to La Canada just for the dessert!!! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceSuchenderDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary at Taylor's. The food, the service, the atmosphere were all outstanding. It was our first visit but it will definitely not be our last.Special Features:
- Consistently high qualityNeverAgainDined on 8/14/2014Great steaks, salads, fish...bread, apple pie.. just always good quality and attentive service. And old school steakhouse that has all the comforts of home! we live in san Francisco and dine here every time we come to the area to visit my sister. It's a treat we look forward to. And we are foodies!Special Features:
- Taylor's....The BestWayneDined on 8/9/2014I have been dinning at Taylor's since they had their first place down on Western Ave., and then to 8th Street. We love Taylor's in La Canada for the wonderful staff who are personable, and very professional. ...from the time you enter the lovely hostesses are smiling and accommodating. Bruce Taylor has a winner here and makes wonderful choices regarding his staff. .......and we love Anita........... The steaks are perfectly cooked to order..........and tender. I would trust any entrée on this menu.............and the Chateaubriand for one is amazing. Enjoy ...and the prices.........how do they do it? Wayne ReedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!GwensgirlDined on 8/9/2014Very nice Sirloin steak dinner! Lively on Sat night! I would definitely go back and recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Taylor's!JenerikDined on 8/8/2014All hail this local neighborhood steak house. Went recently with family for sisters 50th. April our server was a doll; very knowledgeable of the menu and was completely charming. Menu was diverse (many steak variations, seafood). Great wine selections. Fun bar area. Steak are sumptuous and are just as good as other overpriced steak houses. Stand out was the Rack of Lamb; April's suggestion did not disappoint. Wow big portion and so perfectly prepared (just bursting with flavor). Know before you go: They have valet in the parking lot where you think you should enter the restaurant; however the hostess podium is off the street door entry (dont stop at the kiosk off the door from the parking lot, keep going past the bar).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Taylor's restaurant said they did not have my reservation from Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib EverdonnatDined on 8/4/2014If you want the most delicious prime rib, this is where you need to go. No matter how you like it cooked it is always fabulous. I don't know how they do it. A group of us go every month or so, and it is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billythekid2014Dined on 8/3/2014Apryl, our waitress was great. The food at Taylor's is always great. Incredible steaks. We are always pleasedSpecial Features:
- cooldinerDined on 8/3/2014The only thing is they didn't get my modification on time of people in my party that I changedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014Taylor's Steakhouse is by far the finest restaurant in La Cañada Flintridge. The food, the service and the ambiance all combine to make it a wonderful place to dine. Our waiter was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. Even with a packed house on a Friday night, he was always there at the appropriate time. The food was marvelous, as always. And on the way out, we ran into the owner of another popular La Cañada Flintridge restaurant at the Taylor's bar. That tells you all you need to know about Taylor's. Even the competition loves it!Special Features:
- Expected MoreICemanVIPDined on 8/1/2014Heard much about Taylor's and gave it a try. Acceptable for casual dining. I expected food/service to be more competitive with higher end establishments. Nothing really stood out for making me want to go back for more.Special Features:
- As always, Taylor's deliverscarnivorousmaximusDined on 8/1/2014I went to celebrate my birthday with my husband, mother in law, and godmother. Our server was very attentive, on the ball, friendly, and made is feel right at home. The steaks, from the London broil, to the dinner couldn't and filet mignon, were perfection as we're the sides and salads. Taylor's consistency and excellence keep me coming back. I hadn't planned on blowing out a candle or anything like that (I never do at restaurants); that said, the server heard my mother in law wishing me a happy birthday and later showed up with a sundae just because, not because anyone asked her. In a time when most servers make you feel like they are doing you a massive favor for doing their job, little touches like this keep me coming back.Special Features:
- So disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014We were really looking forward to our celebration dinner at Taylors. My husband and I were regulars at the mid-Wilshire restaurant 30 years ago and never tried the La Canada one. We decided to go there to celebrate his 59th birthday and it was such a disappointment. The culotte steak was not as advertised - not even close to being as tender as a tenderloin...very chewy. My son-in-law ordered the prime rib med-well and it was terrible and dry...couldn't even finish it. The hostess was not friendly at all and really none of the staff was outstanding. On the good side, the bread was good and they poured a generous glass of wine! Unfortunately we won't be going back.
- Fantastic DiningWayneDined on 7/26/2014I have been dining at Taylor's since they were on Western Ave in the Early 60's.........The food has always been above average and the prices very fair. The wait staff has got to be the best around and very professional as are all of the hostesses. Anita the manager is tops. I love Taylor's, especially the one in La Canada.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Great steaks, great service, would defiantly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continually GoodOffvineRightonDined on 7/19/2014As usual, the food and service was excellent....very consistent which is critical.Special Features:
- Nice placesumoloverDined on 7/19/2014We have been to Taylors before. We go for special occasions. They never disappoint. Given the quality of the steaks and other menu items, the prices are reasonable. The service is always top notch.Special Features:
- Always a great dinner!PinkieDined on 7/18/2014We love going to Taylor's for a special steak dinner and great wine list. We always want to sit in one of the little 2-person booths in the bar area. We are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Good Food Bad ServiceNorwayGalVIPDined on 7/16/2014We went for lunch and the service was so slow. Expect to sit there for awhile before your order is taken and a long time for the check to come. There are many older diners who might like the pace, so maybe that is the reason for the extended meal. Their prime rib and steak are very good as are their side dishes. We prefer this restaurant for dinner, since the prime rib is fresher and rare.Special Features:
- The following 384 reviews are from the Taylor's Steakhouse - La Canada reviews archive.
- We really like Taylors - perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2012We really like Taylors - perfect go to for nice evening, excellent food, fair pricing and very good service.
- Taylor's is a La Canada gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2012Taylor's is a La Canada gem. We are fortunate to have a world class spot in this small foothill town. Great food, menu and service.Special Features:
- This is a long-time gem inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012This is a long-time gem in Crescenta Valley, excellent steaks, moderate prices, friendly staff. It's also the local bar, and it's well-stocked and well-populated. This is one of our favorites for a quiet, relaxing meal.Special Features:
- I ordered the $28.95 rib eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2012I ordered the $28.95 rib eye steak.....it was less wonderful than I expected. It was OK, but not great -- especially for that price. The outside wasn't seared dark brown like a good steak should be, it was much thinner than I expected, and even tho' I ordered medium-rare, it was a bit over cooked and drier than it should have been. I love Taylor's, but won't order this steak again. All the other parts of my meal, including the wine and the service, were terrific.Special Features: