Taylor's Prime Steak House
3361 West 8th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90005Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Taylor's Prime Steak House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.taylorssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2133828449
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday:4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Taylor's Prime Steak House
Taylor's rekindles memories of steakhouses in the old days with its low prices and Naugahyde booths. The menu offers classic fare and the steaks, such as the culotte, are cooked to perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Taylor's Prime Steak House - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Taylor's Prime Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (15)romantic (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)notable wine list (4)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Swingin' JointjmredsoxfanDined on 10/15/2014This is as old school of a steakhouse as you'll find! Great ambiance and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StoatDined on 10/5/2014Taylor's is a look back. It opened in 1953, and it retains some of the charm of that era. Service is always great, steaks are terrific and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor quality controlAlexDined on 10/5/2014The quality has gone down hill along with the demographic of the neighborhood. I have been taking my family to Taylor's in La Cañada since the beginning and was previously called the Sparr .....I have always ordered the Prime Sirloin steak (consistent and thick)...what I got the other night was a tiny, poorly shaped excuse for a steak...the edges were well done and had the consistency of a piece of shoe leather......a poor performance. I will not be returning to the Taylor's on 8th St. again.
- old time standardBrockVIPDined on 10/3/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Taylor's steakhouse. The atmosphere was lively but not invasive, service was very nice and the food was good. Everyone enjoyed their dishes.Special Features:
- ThjnvcVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great old school restaurant. Love these places? Crowd and food were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceLANewbieDined on 9/28/2014The food and service were outstanding. The restaurant was quiet but a little dark for my taste. A great find. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- a memorable experience!!!thelmaDined on 9/27/2014the food was outstanding, and the ambiance was perfect for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best old time steak houseglazzDined on 9/26/2014Taylor's only gets better, we arrived early on a busy Friday night hoping to not be seated upstairs, it was our anniversary asked for a booth, we were seated early in the perfect place… The service was spot on the food was perfect, the side dishes were better than expected, And they even brought us a piece of unexpected chocolate cake for dessert because I had put a note in the reservation that it was our wedding anniversary! Taylor's rocks, if you are tired of celebrity chef hipster over priced restaurants that close every six months go to Taylor's instead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authenticity you can tasteVictorGoDined on 9/20/2014A place with rich history, and even richer flavors. Was quickly greeted by the host and the manager. Every employee who we saw upon arriving offered a warm welcome. Dimly lit, beautiful decor that feels like a trip back in time to the romanticism of dinner dates when people still dressed in their best wardrobe for a night out. The charbroiled steak I ordered was nothing short of perfection. I asked for medium and got exactly that. Servers were all friendly, though I wish my waiter was more invested in my table, as he seemed more preoccupied with the older guests who seem to be seasoned regulars compared to our table of twenty somethings. But overall, an awesome experience with very professional staff and fantastic prices. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter says Awesome!HappyjoDined on 9/19/2014Stake lovers' hot spot. My daughter doesn't like to eat onion sauce and veggie with stake but she ate all veggie in Taylor's. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice for Steak Dinnerjoy2dineDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the server and food. Drinks were well mixed and the appetizers were delicious. I would highly recommend this place for couples and anyone who can appreciate a great quality steak. My only recommendation would be, especially on Friday and Saturday evening dinning, if there is a piano upstairs, why not use it! It would be great to dine there and enjoy someone with a Frank Sinatra voice. That, in my opinion is the only ingredient lacking for a rating of five stars!Special Features:
- Our go-to steakhouseQuidprokuobrintonDined on 9/9/2014We always go to Taylor's for weekday night steak dinner. It is consistent and solid each time.Special Features:
- Not the same Taylor's70bdayDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant was so crowded that waiters had to wait for each other to pass by. Parking lot was full so we had to park on the street. There was a large party booked for that Sunday. The restaurant should not have booked so many parties. We had to wait to be served our dinner for approximately 45 minutes. Steaks were well seasoned but very small. Such a difference in quality and quantity since we used to go there 20 years ago.
- Service IssuesJTFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant has very poor service. In addition to being slow the bus people have to be prompted to take away dirty dishes from the table. There are so many great restaurants with much better service. There is no reason to come here to experience this bad service. Been there done that will not do it again.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This is one of the better fine dining restaurants in the La Canada/Glendale area. The menu is diverse, the atmosphere is upscale and the food is always reliably good. It's a go to spot for special occasions and anyone looking for quality meals . The prices are reasonable compared to other fine dining restaurants in the same category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 381 reviews are from the Taylor's Prime Steak House reviews archive.
- Love Taylor's. Took a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2012Love Taylor's. Took a friend there it was her first time and she loved it.Special Features:
- Taylor's is always good.johnnytVIPDined on 6/12/2012Taylor's is always good. Been coming for over 30 years and each meal is exceptional. Menu choices vary each day, steaks are great! A great place to eat and drink, and a great value!Special Features:
- I've been eating here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012I've been eating here for more than 20 years. I am a NY transplant and love this wonderful place. My one complaint in all of these years was with my recent visit: I ordered "Pan Fried Steak" the description said:Cut from the filet mignon and sauteed" However, it turned out to be 'Chicken Fried Steak' which I am very familiar with and which I do not ever order. It was fine, I ate it, but just the thought of breading a steak and covering it with cream sauce is alien to me. The menu description was incorrect.Special Features:
- best wedge salad ["molly's"]OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/3/2012best wedge salad ["molly's"] and london broil in town! been going for decades and i love it!Special Features:
- Some of the Luster LostOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/30/2012I was introduced to Taylor's almost 25 years ago by an old movie producer friend. The place dripped old school LA ambience, and the food was great. I've been back a couple times since when in LA, and went again the other night to celebrate a nephew's graduation. Have to say that the bloom is off the rose. The food was okay, if a notch down from what I remember. The service was rushed, and the serving kept pushing an expensive special. Pace was off too, with the steaks coming out even before we'd finished our salads. We'll give Taylor's another try in the future, but they need to step up their game if they hope to retain the reputation as an LA classic.Special Features:
- Best Prime Rib EverTmFoodieDined on 5/19/2012Some of the most tender Prime Rib we have ever eaten. This place is great. If you like going to a steak house occasionally you will love this restaurant. Try the crab cakes too. They are full of crab and delicious.Special Features:
- This restaurant is truly aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2012This restaurant is truly a hidden gem. If you are looking for a great steak in the L.A. area with an old-fashioned atmosphere, this is the place for you. Frank Sinatra even ate here back in the day. I had the culotte steak, cooked perfectly, a green salad, and a baked potato. Waitress was the perfect mix of no-nonsense and friendly. Frank would have approved. The only real low point was the chocolate cake but I ordered poorly so that's on me. One of the other diners got bread pudding and that was outstanding.Special Features:
- Taylor's Always a Winner!DrRevenueVIPDined on 5/17/2012Taylor's is consistently excellent--low profile, great value. Service from Dorrie tops.Special Features:
- Old school dining at it'sEvazsaDined on 5/11/2012Old school dining at it's best. They know how to make a good martini and cook a steak properly. Wine list won't disappointSpecial Features:
- my family had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012my family had a great time on friday, good food great service just an overall good time. thanks taylor's.Special Features:
- A Major Drop In Quality!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012I have been going to Taylor's for about 25 years! I have always loved it! It's been a great place to go with family and friends to enjoy great food and a reasonable price! The last couple of times we have gone, something has drastically changed in the quality of the food! The steaks have been "tasteless and mealy" and the salad dressing is completely watered down! Both our salads! One was Blue Cheese and the other Ranch. Totally flavorless! We couldn't believe it? I don't know if Taylor's is under new management, but something has DEFINITELY changed there! So sad! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think we will be going back! And, that sort of breaks my heart after all these years!
- Have been going to TaylorsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2012Have been going to Taylors for many years. Consistently good.Special Features:
- Our first visit to Taylor's.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/29/2012Our first visit to Taylor's. We came to visit our daughter at college and wanted to treat her and her roomie to a nice steak dinner. The other Open Table reviews were very good and it was a short drive from campus, so I made the reservation on my iPhone. Great choice! Parking in their private lot next door with a very nice valet; Excellent service-thanks to our waiter! The food actually came quickly for it was a busy, busy night (Sunday!) So that was a pleasant surprise. Everything we ordered was great; one of us had halibut. That was REALLY good. We will come back again next time we're in LA.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsLPIUDined on 4/21/2012One of my favorite restaurants in LA. Originally from St.Louis, I grew up on great steaks at great steakhouses- The Flaming Pit and Henry the VIII's. So I KNOW great steaks. I find Taylor's are consistently good- especially the cullotes and their rib eyes. The service is welcoming and pleasant. Plus the classic, dark, midwestern steakhouse interior decor- booth seating and wood paneling, crisp white table cloths and napkins, all remind me of 'home'Special Features:
- An LA and USC institutionJohnDined on 4/20/2012An LA and USC institution which still delivers. Always a good place to rendezvous with old friends.Special Features:
- 1st time there! DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/20121st time there! Definitely going back! Friendly service and food is great!Special Features:
- Outstanding classic steakOCARDODined on 4/14/2012Outstanding classic steak house! Try the onion rings and the bone-in rib eye, both excellentSpecial Features:
- It's always a pleasure toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/14/2012It's always a pleasure to dine here. The food and service are old fashioned friendly and prompt. When other fail Taylor's keeps marching on. It was a full Saturday night and a great evening was had by all!Special Features:
- The Bomb RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/8/2012We haven't visited Taylor's for a while but we are so glad we went back last Sunday. The cocktails were expertly made, service super friendly and the bone-in ribeye steaks we both ordered were the bomb. Aged perfectly, juicy and tender with a subtle smoky flavor. Can't say I've enjoyed a steak as much in years. Went perfectly with the 2006 Bedrock Syrah we brought along with us ($12 reasonable corkage).Special Features:
- We had a great table,serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2012We had a great table,service was excellent and food was fantastic
- Classic with good steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2012the food at taylors is great, it has improved over the last few years, the service is warm and professional. A real L.A gem.Hope it never changes.One of the last of a dying breed,with good to back up the charm.Special Features:
- the dinning was superb, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2012the dinning was superb, service spot-on, this is the dinning experience I was hoping for and received.Special Features:
- Service and atmosphere prefectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Service and atmosphere prefect our streaks and three surrounding tables all had to send their steaks back. Left hungry! However had a great time I will go back staff was great.Special Features:
- Taylor's Consistent Winner!DrRevenueVIPDined on 3/30/2012Consistently excellent. They handled our multiple wine dinner beautifully.Special Features:
- The Hostesses start the journeyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012The Hostesses start the journey off with genuine warmth; the Bar Staff hits the mark on the best Chopin Martini's in town; I want the Serving Staff serving me at all Restaurants; the Steaks/Culottes are sweet! Cheers also to a super Valet Staff! Not an SC Fan but this is definitely Trojan country.Special Features: