Tavolino - Westborough
33 East Main St.
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tavolino - Westborough
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavolinorestaurant.us/
- Phone: (508) 366-8600
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday-Friday 11:30AM-4:00PM, Saturday 11:30AM-3:00PM DINNER: Monday-Thursday 4:00PM-9:00PM, Friday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Saturday 3:00PM-10PM, Sunday 12:00PM-9:00PM
(Friday & Saturday bar hours may exceed dinner hours)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Boudreau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available online at www.tavolinorestaurant.us
- Private Party Facilities: If you are looking for a great place to host your next private party, let Tavolino be your restaurant destination. Our private room seats up to 40 guests and our restaurant can hold up to 125.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Perras 5083668600x
A word from Tavolino - Westborough
Tavolino is a casual-upscale restaurant serving classic and contemporary Italian dishes. We have twenty gourmet pizzas with a pizza bar at which you can sit as our professional staff perfects their creations. Our wine list has over 100 hand picked selections, eleven of which are available by the glass. We have a full bar where we invite guests to enjoy all items on our lunch and dinner menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tavolino - Westborough - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Tavolino - Westborough reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (45)good for groups (41)special occasion (28)romantic (19)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Out for dinnerpoochparentsDined on 11/22/2014We were a party of four. No complaints from anyone and starting from the bread, all salads, meals and wine and drinks were excellent as well as the one dessert we all split, the apple cider cake. Delicious. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentdinerDined on 11/22/2014Good food and service as usual! Love using Open Table to make reservation, you need one on a weekend!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014The service was great but our appetizer (sweet potato gnocchi) tasted burned. Also, two of the entrees were cold and one lacked flavor altogether. We go back because of the vast gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertJeaniDined on 11/21/2014We had a wonderful evening. Full gluten free menu, even the meatballs! But desser was the best. I had flour less chocolate cake which was served with raspberries and a purée. My friend who couldn't decide had 3 mini desserts. Great concept! Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go-To Company RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I work for a company that has a lot of travelers coming to and from our office and often time we need a place to accompany them for dinner. Tavolino's has become our favorite go-to spot. It has great food, amazing service, and the atmosphere is perfect (not too loud where you can't hear one another and not too quiet when awkward silences become a little too apparent-- it's the perfect in between and just lively enough). I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!Foodie39Dined on 11/15/2014Tavolino’s always comes through with great food and excellent service. The bar is always full of friendly people and the bartenders are the best! We had a table in the bar area and they didn’t rush us out to sit another group. We enjoyed an awesome evening with friends and really had time to relax and enjoy the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!OnspithiaDined on 11/14/2014We have been to Tavolino several times but this time was on my birthday. The special of roasted carrots and arugula was SO delicious! The food is always good here. We ordered dessert and I was given a pretty flower for my birthday. Very nice touch. Love Tavolino :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, sub par food experinceExcellenceDined on 11/14/2014We had planned for a nice evening out and the atmosphere is great, but after ordering chicken parm - we had to return it as the bottom was burned. The server and the management were fantastic and very accommodating. They brought a new meal - and we were shocked to see that the bottom of the chicken was burned on the second attempt as well. Again, this is probably rare experience as we have been here before, but this was our current experience. The management team, took care of meal and dessert, so they have the right DNA - just not the right night for us.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We had a wonderful lunch and meeting here. The service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Tavolino has great ambiance and even better food. My waiter was one of the most polite and helpful that I have ever had. The cocktail menu: A+. The pulled pork pizza was a little spicy for my tastes, but my boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed it. The pesto pizza was perfect! We will definitely return for a great date-night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperiencerMyronDined on 11/8/2014Nice restaurant. A bit pricey, thoughooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooSpecial Features:
- You have to eat here!TapasDelightDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I went to Tavalino's to celebrate a special occasion. The stuffed pepper appetizer - amazing! I splurged and got the short rib ravioli and it was divine! The short rib flaked on my fork and the raviolis were cooked perfectly. My husband ordered the rosemary steak tips medium rare and they were executed perfectly. Great wine and cocktail menu. It is a little expensive but for special occasions well worth it!Special Features:
- MG78Dined on 11/7/2014Romantic for a date. Food was incredible. Staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More GoodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/7/2014Another fine meal here. Our go to place when we want a casual meal that's close by with our son. Something for everyone and consistent. Very good service. Fairly priced wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice Meal...OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/27/2014Glad the area has Tavolino. It's a reliable spot that is comfortable and can please our son as well as the rest of the family. Lately the food has been consistently good.
- Impressed a friend.......bsuarezDined on 10/27/2014....to Tavolino for the first time. He wanted to know where to get really good Italian food in and around Westborough. I've been to Tavolino many times and have always had a great meal and experience. Creative menu items, top notch service and excellent food. Needless to say he will be back on his own.Special Features:
- TheyCameToBostonVIPDined on 10/24/2014always consistent. and even the small portion of veal parm is plenty. I come here every other month or so because the food is great and the wine list changes regularly and I'm always finding something newSpecial Features:
- Nice Sunday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/19/2014Laid back as it wasn't too busy on a Sunday. Food very good as usual. Nice friendly service. Enjoyed wings, soup of the day, caesar, pulled pork pizza and a special shaved brocolli salad. Another good meal here.
- Great neighborhood restaurantMetroWesternerDined on 10/19/2014Conveniently located, very good service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrequentdinerDined on 10/11/2014We have dined at Tavolino's several times per year since they opened, and have nver come away dissatisfied. The servers are attentive, food very good and atmosphere comfortable without too much noise, depending on your table location. Try the nicely priced Martini of the Day. Wold Boar gnocchi, listed as as apppetizer, is one of the best items on the menu, and I consider it an entree sized portion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful & DeliciousBlondieDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated an anniversary at Tavolino. Our table request was respected and our anniversary acknowledged by the server. The menu had a number of entrees that tempted us. Dinner was delicious and attractively plated. It was chilly in the restaurant though - I wasn't the only one wearing a jacket throughout dinner! At the end of the meal we were treated to a dessert and given a sweet bouquet. Nice touches.Special Features:
- suzieqDined on 10/4/2014Food was great as was the service. A little loud but otherwise a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- OK Meal... Has Been BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food is generally good here, tonight a little inconsistent. Took a bit long for the kitchen to put out the chow tonight. OK tonight but usually on a higher level.
- DisappointedSwoosieDined on 9/26/2014Was so looking forward to the Osso buco, as it is not served in very many restaurants. It was dry and pretty bland tasting. Usually, Tavolnos food Is delicious. I won't order this again. My husbands pasta, chicken, feta was very good.
- Reliable Area StandoutOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/24/2014Always a good choice for local dining... especially if you avoid the weekends when there are a lot more young kids that can increase the noise level considerably. Food is reliable. Sampling different items you will find your favorites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealcalyd1VIPDined on 9/22/2014You can go wrong with anything on the menu...plus, the staff is friendly, attentive & knowledgable. Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavolino'sjesseDined on 9/21/2014Loved the new menu. Food was excellent, outdoor dining area very comfortable and enjoyable. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- DeliciouspumpkinaliDined on 9/20/2014The food was really delicious. We love how they give you the option of choosing a small or large portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDixiedines65Dined on 9/20/2014I had been to Tavolino once before with a large group of people and had a very pleasant experience. This time it was just one other person. Everything about this visit was positive. We were seated right on time, our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable, and the food was excellent. A very nice energy on a Saturday night. We'll definitely be going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It was a business lunch, pure and simple. I gave my partners several places in Westborough where we could meet and they chose this one. Service was fine and our waiter very alert and attentive. That said, we were preoccupied with our current business issues and that more important than the ripeness of the avocado on my sandwich. I hope to use the discount card in the months ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ... not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/20141 out of the 4 meals order was very good. Cod dish was excellent. One of the best cod dishes I tasted. The Steak & gnochi was very good too although I am not a fan gnochi. Lasagna was ordinary as was the eggplant pizza. Service was very good in particular after ordering we asked about a wine to go with our meals, what we liked, and after consulting with their wine person the server cam back with an excellent, moderately priced wine that really saved the dinner from being pretty ordinary.Special Features:
- Best Ever!TavoholicsDined on 9/19/2014Friday night we (4 of us) had dinner at Tavolino's. We have had many delicious dinners there in the past, but Friday's meal was outstanding. All 4 of us agreed it was the best ever! The filet with the mushroom demi glaze was spectacular, and the recommended wine was exceptional. Enjoy!!!!Special Features:
- Good, ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/19/2014Another good visit here. Mostly reliable chow and good option for the area. Fairly priced. Good Service.
- hungryVIPDined on 9/17/2014Tavolino has always been one of our favorite spots. However, after moving out of the area, we hadn't been back in over a year. Most of our group enjoyed their meals, but several commented on how "peppery" the pasta dishes were. The calamari and artichoke appetizers were delicious, and the server was very amiable. Overall, still a gem, and I'm sure the food is usually still as excellent as it always was.Special Features:
- Okay for a biteLovediningoutDined on 9/13/2014Dining area was quite loud even though we were seated in rear of restaurant. Our waiter was very good. Food was okay. My dinner of chicken saltimboca was well seasoned and good tasting. I ordered a half portion which was sufficient. My husband ordered a full portion of chicken Marsala. There was hardly any sauce on the chicken and therefore pasta was rather dry and tasteless. The bread on the table was dry and tasted stale. It was served with oil, sprinkled with cheese. I doubt we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoobyDined on 9/13/2014Portion are of good size if you pick the higher price choice. Prices might seem a little high but, you get what you pay for. If your date is not a big eater choose the smaller size and safe room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesLuvudineDined on 9/9/2014The 3 course meals were perfect.. we shared everything but our salads. The wine pairing was fun.. Service was terrific. 2 thumbs up.Special Features:
- Nice ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/5/2014Another good meal tonight... and the place was packed. Timing was good... everything prepared well. Don't normally have margaritas here, but tried one tonight... very good.
- fabulous as always!leanibeanDined on 8/31/2014I've been here several times on dates with my husband and always been pleased. This past weekend we did our girl's night out here and had the BEST time. The service was excellent, very flexible with making changes to sides, etc while ordering. They handled our big group with ease and everyone's food came out as ordered the first time. Excellent food, service and ambiance. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Just Getting BySouthboroughVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was my second time here. It was a rather quite night so neither the kitchen nor staff were getting slammed. We sat at a booth in the bar area. We ordered an appetizer, a salad and main dish. the App was quickly followed by my salad. Then my clams with garlic entree came. Someone must really like garlic because the dish was overpowered with it. Not subtle just too much. The staff just felt like they were going through the paces.