Tavolino - Westborough
33 East Main St.
Westborough, MA 01581Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tavolino - Westborough
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavolinorestaurant.us/
- Phone: 508-366-8600x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday-Friday 11:30AM-4:00PM, Saturday 11:30AM-3:00PM DINNER: Monday-Thursday 4:00PM-10:00PM, Friday 4:00PM-11:00PM, Saturday 3:00PM-10PM, Sunday 12:00PM-9:00PM
(Friday & Saturday bar hours may exceed dinner hours)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian Boudreau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available online at www.tavolinorestaurant.us
- Private Party Facilities: If you are looking for a great place to host your next private party, let Tavolino be your restaurant destination. Our private room seats up to 40 guests and our restaurant can hold up to 125.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Perras 5083668600x
A word from Tavolino - Westborough
Tavolino is a casual-upscale restaurant serving classic and contemporary Italian dishes. We have twenty gourmet pizzas with a pizza bar at which you can sit as our professional staff perfects their creations. Our wine list has over 100 hand picked selections, eleven of which are available by the glass. We have a full bar where we invite guests to enjoy all items on our lunch and dinner menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavolino - Westborough - Best Restaurants in Westborough ›
Tavolino - Westborough reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (24)great for lunch (19)romantic (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We loved the relaxed and welcoming feel of the place so much that we returned to celebrate our anniversary after discovering it a few weeks ago. The food is fresh, delicious and beautifully prepared. The service is impeccable and the beer and wine list is exceptional. My dinner of salmon encrusted with pistachio crust, red himalayan rice, and grilled asparagus was perfect. My spouse enjoyed his pasta bolognese thoroughly. Our guest loved her kale salad with grilled chicken and said she would be returning to share this wonderful place for a casual meeting with friends who would enjoy the outdoor dining that reminded her of cafes in Italy. It is a perfect place to have a conversation and enjoy great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on PatioSusanoVIPDined on 8/23/2014On nice nights, dining on the patio is a great option. We were there on a Saturday night and the patio was probably busier than inside. The special Harvest Salad was very good. Portions of the parmesan meals (e.g. eggplant, chicken) are huge, but they offer a half/small which I highly recommend unless you want to bring home leftovers, or are very hungry!Special Features:
- Early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent dinner we had made reservations but didn't really need them as it was fairly early. We were seated right away and our waitress came over to the table immediately. The food was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Chow TonightOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/21/2014Very nince meal tonight. Crab Cakes, Veal Saltimboca, Pizzas recommended. Service was excellent... Nick is a true professional.
- disappointedNancyVIPDined on 8/20/2014tavolinos always had good food, great service and ambiance. the other night, tied and hungry after a long work day, we ordered as soon as we could after sitting down and were served 1 hour after we sat down! Food was ok and we will certainly give it a try again as maybe the kitchen was just swamped this one time.Special Features:
- Great first time at Tavolino!JessDined on 8/19/2014Came here on a Tuesday night for party of 6 to celebrate a birthday. Very friendly host staff that gave us the option to sit outside. Lovely patio. All of our party ate of the "4 course for $24.95" menu (calamari, bruschetta, chicken parm, chicken piccata, and much more)and all really enjoyed our meals. Have only great things to say. I was especially impressed by the birthday flower and dessert they brought over for my grandmother the birthday girl. Great staff, food and ambiance. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Quiet inside, busy out.WHUFCDined on 8/16/2014Been here several times and to be honest, wasnt anything special this time, not enamered with any wow factor, just ok. Seated straight away, served a little slow to start, pleasant. Food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find....CricketDined on 8/15/2014I was looking for a new restaurant in the area. I checked out the website, looked at the pictures, looked at the menu and wine list and thought this would be a nice place to try. It was!Special Features:
- Local gem and allergy-friendlyEggsAndToastDined on 8/9/2014We were looking for a restaurant that could accommodate our picky 3-yo and our celiac 6-yo AND have a feel of a fancy night out for we adults. TAVOLINO fit the bill! I was over the moon to find they had a gluten–free menu for kids...GF-pizzas and pasta! The menu was great for Foodies with plenty of authentic Italian dishes and specialty pizzas. My only disappointment was our waiter. Each adult (4 total) ordered a pizza which could have fed a party of 8-12 people! He should have given us advice since we were first time diners..e.g. "Our pizzas are fairly large, I would recommend two pizzas for your table". He was also a little over-attentive and a bit patronizing- referring often to our 65-yo granny as "The Young Lady" was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally good but can be variableanonDined on 8/3/2014Food this time was too salty, and the menu's only seafood pasta dish was not available by 7:30pm. Service was good at some points in the evening not at others. They did not light the insect flares until after 8pm by which time one of our party had been badly bitten by mosquitos. Disappointingly off previous high standard but we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodKatedtDined on 8/1/2014Tavolino is a typical fancy Italian restaurant. The service was great, and very patient with wine selection and allergies. There was a young couple next to us enjoying a first date and a few larger groups of adults. The dress ranged from button-downs to T-shirts and the food selections were equally diverse. Still, our bill was over $60 a person- for food that was good, but not amazing. Next time, I will stick with a small app just for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local restaurant........jerriDined on 7/26/2014thanks...great food and service yet again. thank you. outside patio is very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavalino - a good findExcellenceDined on 7/26/2014excellent service and food portions, chicken parm and caesar salad were prepared nicely and split romantically with my date. A little less dressing on the salad would have been best.Special Features:
- Heat nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014The weather was perfection for outdoor dining on this particular evening. The service was excellent and our waiter Alexander treated us like we were at a four star Restraunt ! Everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Outside SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014I requested outside seating which I understand is no GTE however I arrived for my reservation on time , there was a seat available on the patio but I was told that it was based on when my reservation was made..? didn't make sense I was there , table open but I could not get, so that I was disappointed... only one cabernet to choose from on the wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Another Winning MealOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/16/2014This place is growing on me more and more. The food has been very good for quite a stretch now... and service (Ulyses) was excellent. Great spot for families.
- Great Location, Exorbitant PricesDavidDDined on 7/12/2014We had a four top, with an OpenTable reservation on a Saturday night. Upon confirming to the hostess, in a restaurant that was full outside on the patio, and half filled inside, we were seated in perhaps the worst table in the restaurant (Just outside the kitchen doors, in a high activity area). We were reseated. Food was ok, no one echoed anything spectacular about their dishes. I had the Chicken Picatta, asparagus spears were tiny and overcooked, and the slop of potatoes were clearly scooped from a pre-made vat. Pricing for this area was above what I would have paid in the North End of Boston, we chose this over the popular Italian restaurant across the street due to the patio, but were never offered patio seating.
- YumKarak143Dined on 7/11/2014Tavolinos offers delicious food! The Veal Picatta is to die for... Super delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at TavolinoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014Great menu! Had been to this restaurant twice before and found the menu a little boring - at least the lunch menu is delightful. Definitely not the place for the one-hour lunch - take your time and enjoy!Special Features:
- Consistent ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/8/2014Veal Saltimbocca is my current favorite here. Perfectly prepared, like the pasta and asparagus served with it as well. Family enjoyed the crab cakes and pulled pork pizza. The food has been consistently good as of late. Our waiter, Alex... excellent, very professional service.
- Great food and serviceSusanoVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food is great. I ordered two appetizers - either of which could have been a meal for me. The special eggplant caprese was very good. The beet salad is like a meal. Eggplant parm comes as small and large portion. The small portion is a good sized meal (for a woman). The large portion makes for great take home. The servers and staff are very pleasant, personable and attentive. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Solid MealOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/2/2014Really enjoyed our meal tonight. We particularly liked the Veal Saltimbocca, Beet & Goat Cheese Salad and Pizzas. Centine from Tuscany... an enjoyable well made dry Italian wine... moderately priced. Great place for the area.
- Really nice timedharr0108Dined on 6/29/2014We had a group celebrating a birthday and everyone enjoyed it. We sat outside, which was lovely, despite no view. The servers Sophie and Chris were excellent. They were attentive and made excellent recommendations, but were not intrusive. The food was delicious and each person enjoyed their meal. Have been there before and will go back - always consistent.Special Features:
- delicious food and great serviceDollyDined on 6/28/2014we celebrated our wedding anniversary at Tavolino. We were seated immediately and were served promptly and efficiently. Steak was cooked perfectly and the chicken piccata was delicious. We mentioned on our reservation that it was our wedding anniversary - we were very surprised by the lovely touches - a glass of champagne to start, then a selection of 3 dessert glasses. Then I was presented with a flower and my husband, a beer glass. Lovely was to spend our anniversary!Special Features:
- Almost greatSeindeanyDined on 6/19/2014The apps were good, the drinks were good but the fish entree came out raw after we asked for it to be cooked well done. These things happen and the kitchen was able to remedy it but it was still disappointing having to have one of our party wait an extra 15 minutes for her food.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerBirthdayDined on 6/8/2014We went there for the first time for my boyfriends birthday. We ordered the halibut, which was OK but pretty dry and needed some type of sauce. The gluten free pizza was pretty good, with bacon and sweet potato. When desserts came, we chose a few and they were very good. However, I called ahead to request they write happy birthday or put a candle or something on his dessert. I was very disappointed when the dessert came and there was nothing special on it for him. I should have just asked when we arrived, but I wanted to make it a surprise.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceNancyDined on 6/7/2014This was a return visit. We first went here with a large group of couples and then recently with the kids. Excellent service both times. Will request an outdoor table next visit.Special Features:
- wineandinewineandineDined on 6/6/2014First time at Travolino's for 4 of us in our party of 6. We all had very good-excellent dinners. So glad we found a new spot!
- Great Off Peak OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/4/2014I like coming here when it's not jammin... usually for dinner on the early side during the week. The weekends are packed, a lot of families... so it's often very loud. The food is good to very good. Wine prices are fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Service and food were outstanding! It's a favorite spot in my hometome of Westborough!Special Features:
- Solid food, friendly serviceJenniferDined on 5/31/2014Tried this place for the first time; it's great to have dining options like this in Westborough. Fried calamari appetizer was terrific, and substantial. Wine list is nice, and it's a lovely touch that you can order basically a very small carafe -- about 1.5 glasses; perfect. Artichoke heart appetizer was prepared and presented beautifully. Entrees were OK (chicken picatta and a lamb/squash stew) -- just not as good as the apps. Service was genuinely friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Totally let down by thisMumsedsoDined on 5/31/2014We were seated at decent table,far from other diners & their conversation,but it went downhill from there.As waiter was filling our water,I ended up w/ an abundance of ice water down my back which left me soaked for the rest of the night.A nearby diner came over to help & said"well, that's worth dinner on the house"& I agree & told our server so.Instead,the mgr came over to apologize & offered some extra napkins & free side salads.The dinner meals were tasteless.I had the halibut special.Friend had the cod on the menu.Not even seasoned with salt&pepper.When it came time for dessert,we told server we would order ONLY IF it was free which he agreed to do.Still,with 2free salads & desserts,bill was still $70 for just an OK meal.DisappointingSpecial Features:
- Four course mealBarryDined on 5/26/2014My wife, myself, and my two adult sons chose the four course meal option with the wine pairings. Every course had multiple menu choices and they all were very good. Although the menu says the portions are small, we found them to be perfect, perhaps larger than we expected. The only negative was the time between courses was long. Luckily we were eating outside and it was a gorgeous evening. Our hostess and server Sophie were delightful.Special Features:
- early eveningJud43Dined on 5/21/2014a perfect place for a gathering with friends to share a meal and conversationSpecial Features:
- AmazingBentleygradDined on 5/17/2014We went here for dinner after my college graduation with 7 people. The service was amazing and they went above and beyond. At the end of the meal the waitress came over and gave me the desert menu and told me to choose anything. While we were waiting for that to come, the manager came over with a raspberry Cabernet gelato on a plate that had "congratulations" written in chocolate. He also gave me a beautiful flower. Food was excellent and so was the drink selection. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuVegeterianDined on 5/16/2014Have more vegetarian food options or be flexible in making them.
- Not friendly servicefoodieDined on 5/16/2014Our hostess was nice. She changed our table on our request as we were too cold at the first table. However, our server didn't seem to care about us. He was providing good service to people on other tables who were regulars. But, for us first timers, he didn't even sport a smile. He would bring a dish & disappear for several minutes not caring if the customer would need anything else. For instance, with mussels, he forgot to provide us with a vessel to discard shells. Besides mussels for appetizers, we had a salad & pizza. We requested black olives as one of the toppings but they brought it with green olives. The lady who brought the food said that it wasn't mentioned on the ticket. We asked our server & he lied that kitchen doesn't have it
- JeffDined on 5/16/2014Parking, at least on a rainy Friday night was problematic. Wear hiking shoes or bring a skate board. Seating was prompt and friendly. Bread with dipping sauce worth the trip alone. Food and service were great. Preparation seemed to take longer than we anticipated. Hearing protection is also recommended. Venue would NOT be mistaken for a quiet romantic site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day brunchroscoeDined on 5/11/2014The food was good but had to ask more than once for items on the breakfast table to be refilled. There could have been a larger selection for the price we were paying.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Staff was slow took about 10 mins for waitress to come overSpecial Features: