2890 E. Skyline Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavolinoristorante.com/
- Phone: (520) 531-1913
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday -Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday- 5:00pm- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Tenino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tavolino Ristorante
An inviting restaurant that feels like an Italian neighborhood trattoria. Tavolino specializes in simple, elegant food including fresh salads, homemade pastas, succulent roast and grilled meats, rotisserie chicken and game, and luscious desserts. Tavolino brings Italy to life in Tucson.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavolino Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Tavolino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (52)great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (41)notable wine list (38)good for groups (35)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (16)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- terrific food but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2014The food at Tavolino is always excellent and the service first rate. My only complaint is the noise level. My wife and I went there for a special occasion . Even though it was a Wednesday evening the place was packed (good for them). We could barely hear ourselves talk. Not much the management can do about this though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavolino'sdianeDined on 11/18/2014The food was good, but the service was abysmal. Plus, this is the second time in a row that I've been there on a weekday evening where the service was so poor. There were three tables near us that the owner spoke to and those tables had several servers each. Each time we needed something, we had to practically get up and grab a busboy to please go get any waiter. I'm done with Tavolino...there are too many other good choices in the neighborhood.
- Rick43Dined on 11/16/2014When our waiter seated us he pointed out the view out the window to the mountains. A view table. The salmon salad was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OssobucoRocketIVDined on 11/14/2014great food but my favorite is the ossobuco. Only have Italian beers and cheap American stuff like bud light which probably the only real downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Finally Tried It!JamesDined on 11/13/2014My wife and I had noticed Tavalino's many times as we drove by it and remarked to each other that we should try it sometime. We are now very glad that we finally did. It has a warm, intimate ambiance in spite of its large size. The food was deliciously outstanding. Our server was very cordial, helpful in making menu suggestions, and attentive without overdoing it. Overall, it was a highly enjoyable experience for both of us and we will return for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience AgainOctavio42Dined on 11/11/2014We have been at the Tavolino several times. We have always been very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect choice for our AnniversaryJRnDRDined on 11/11/2014Meal was great, from the ambience, and the servers, right down to the appetizers and the main course, A must return for us in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Ruined ExperienceLisaeatsVIPDined on 11/8/2014Service ruined the experience. We liked the nuance and the pesto tagliatelle was excellent. But service was awful. It took almost 15 minutes to be noticed and when the water finally came out, and one of our guests asked for a glass of wine, we were told 'I am only the busser' and then waited another twenty minutes for a waiter. No apology when he finally did show up. Such a long drawn out experience that I wouldn't return.
- Great FoodbikerdougDined on 11/7/2014Penne funghi was excellent ... enough for two meals! Really like this place. Next time we will arrive in time for the "happy hour" ... great value for wine and appetizers! Patio looked very comfortable and welcoming!Special Features:
- Tavolino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/6/2014As usual the food was wonderful. The service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson at its best!LNW1VIPDined on 11/4/2014Our dinner was wonderful, made even better by our superb service!Special Features:
- Worthy of tryingMBB24Dined on 11/1/2014Nicely varied menu with good choices; food taste very good; very good service; tasteful and modern decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must go to for out of town guests1omahadesignerDined on 10/26/2014We dine at this establishment when we are in town, usually once a year. We chose to dine outdoors, as the guitarist and saxophone drew us there, when being seated. Serving staff was attentive with wine pairings and entrees, the entrees from osso bucco to veal medallions to pasta were prepared just as described by our server. A lovely evening with food, music and friends.Special Features:
- perfect balancepickyeaterVIPDined on 10/24/2014from the atmosphere to the excellent servers to the timing of delivery of wine, appetizers, salads and entrees, this restaurant shouldget 6 stars. And, the home made bread baked fresh in the wood buring oven would be reason enough to visit this gem!Special Features:
- Nice dining experience!GoldilocksDined on 10/24/2014Tavolino's is a great place to go for a casual dinner and/or happy hour. Great service and comfortable ambience on outdoor patio..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A personal favoriteFoodDudeVIPDined on 10/24/2014This local Italian has moved up the food chain to destination status after years of loyal fans and a move to a better location. A menu with plentiful choices in all categories at multiple price points, and a fine wine list. Patio music some nights and an active and knowledgeable wait staff. The oven roasted meats are a specialty here as are pastas--some traditional and some unique creations. The Italian wine list can be daunting but the staff is most helpful in describing and recommending choices to one's taste. Many visits a year to this wonderful find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect celebratory dinnerYoungwinoVIPDined on 10/19/2014I came in a group of three for a celebratory dinner and this restaurant did not let us down. The delicious old fashioned came with homemade maraschino cherries, unfortunately they were so good they ruined my go to cocktail for anywhere else! Wine selection was good too. The pastas were to die for, each of us chose a different one and shared. So rich! The homemade noodles really make a difference. Our server was very enthusiastic and helpful as well. Ambience was great for a more formal dinner. Would definitely return for other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious...2winosVIPDined on 10/18/2014We eat here about twice a month, alternating between lunch and dinner. We think it serves the best, and most authentic, Italian food in Tucson. This time we joined another couple for lunch. Our dishes were delicious: the beet carpaccio salad appetizer, the arugula with warm egg appetizer, the pappardale and the roast half chicken were delicious as usual. We paired them and the other dishes with a white wine from Friuli, a red from Abruzzi, and finished with a Brunello. We split a wonderful Bonet dessert at the end. A great meal and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZwoofDined on 10/13/2014We were with a friend from Seattle, who eats out a lot. He was very impressed with the food and in particular the service (Mandy). Constructive remarks: The osso bucco looked like lambshank. I am afraid I have to order the lambshank next time to find out the difference :-) The brocolli was way too salty and undercooked. ZwoofSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavolino is greatKelleDined on 10/13/2014My friends and I celebrated a birthday here and we had great food and fantastic service. The food was very authentic Italian and oh so good. Tavolino is one of my favorite places to eat in Tucson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wildcatDined on 10/11/2014Very enjoyable dining experience... food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian at its Best!!FoodyoneVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is outstanding.....feels like Italy! The baratta appetizer was fresh and delicious, as was the penne with house made sausage. The Branzino, a whole fish, was perfectly prepared and the bonet dessert was amazing! Staff was very helpful in choosing appropriate wines by the glass! The manager came over to make sure we were happy. This is upscale Italian at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was good. It was a Friday night of parent's weekend and I guess they were not equipped for it. We had to wait over an hour for our entree. Our waiter was very nice and the manager came over and apologized but over an hour is over an hour. Hope it's not that way on a regular Friday night.
- 10/10/14catching1upDined on 10/10/2014Lovely evening with excellent service and delicious food. One of our favorite places to dine and celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findRickAVIPDined on 10/6/2014Treat your self to a very nice place at very reasonable pricesI would recommend this to a friend.
- BeedeDined on 10/3/2014Very good food and very attentive service. Thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outandaboutDined on 9/28/2014We had a group of 6. We were celebrating a family birthday. The waitress was attentive and knew the menu and wine selections very well. The main course food did not come out at the same time. We had to wait about 5 minutes until all food was served. The guest of honor's food was burnt. The restaurant gave us 3 free birthday desserts to cushion the blow of the burnt food. The pasta dishes were cooked perfectly. We usually have a great food experience at Tavolino. Hope to be better for all next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable & specialFoodDudeVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is the kind of place I root for. They've come so far from their strip mall trattoria days--not that there's anything wrong with that. More adventuresome now, not always polished, but always striving to be better and to experiment. An excellent osso buco & huge, at that. If you are a lamb person, that is their version of this dish. A fritto misto preparation to become addicted to--even if I have to push away the eggplant. As delicate and perfect a display of shrimp and calamari as you are likely to find. Not the heavily breaded brew house or chain bar kind. Light & truly a find. Nice people doing good work. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette BlasttucsonfoodieDined on 9/27/2014We came as a bachelorette group for our special bride. Half our group had very severe allergies to four different food items and we were still able to find amazing dishes that we could eat! The table was awesome and the staff was wonderful, even sending a wine expert to our table to help pair drinks with dishes. Everything was delicious from the prosciutto and cheese appetizer we shared to each individual main dish (spicy italian sausage pasta, salmon pasta, oysters) to the desserts we all enjoyed (creme brûlée, chocolate coffee cake, and others). The prices are up there but the food was amazing and the portion size was surprisingly large. For a special occasion, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and excellent foodKaTzPJamasDined on 9/26/2014My girlfriend and I tried Tavolino for the first time in order to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. The atmosphere definitely caters to those having a date night but it looks like it could also cater to those just looking to go out to a classy restaurant in general. The two most notable things is the service and the food. The service is lightning fast and our server was very kind in helping us navigate the menu and what is good. Its the best service I've ever received from any restaurant I've ever been to. We ordered food and it was out to us within 5-10 minutes it seemed. The food was cooked and presented nicely. It was incredibly delicious. I will eat there again in future and tell my friends about it.Special Features:
- From the Shores of San RemoJavelinaGourmetDined on 9/20/2014Ravioli al Caprino, a homemade beet raviloi filled with goat cheese and thyme, stirred in brown butter, sage and tomato sauce was a remarkable dish for its uniqueness and flavor. Filetto de Maiale, pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto, with red wine reduction sauce was so tender you could cut it with a fork. This dish was served with tasty roasted potatoes and baby spinach. A winner! In addition, Chef-owner Massimo Tenino has put together the best Italian wine selection in town. Ambiance (just the right amount of buzzy restaurant atmosphere) and service were top notch. As a former Tucson food writer and ardent foodie, Tavolinos continues to impress.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time.breezeeDined on 9/19/2014Four of us went to experience a little of Italia in Tucson. We were not disappointed, the food was wonderful, the wine excellent and it is a beautiful setting. We plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulSB711Dined on 9/17/2014Girls night out was delightful and relaxing. Great service and wine suggestion. The pasta dishes were wonderful. The only down of the meal was that two of us had the salmon and it was somewhat dry and dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linguinelaura8113Dined on 9/15/2014the food was phenomenal and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed on this occasionFoodDudeVIPDined on 9/15/2014Not their best night, but those happen even in the top tier places. The evening's pasta special just didn't come together. Dry and virtually flavorless. Also the melon was a bit on the green side, which detracts from the wonderful prosciutto. Great service and an enjoyable and well appointed space. No matter, I'll be back because they are generally both good and dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table42Dined on 9/14/2014Authentic cuisine with a clean inviting atmosphere. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I will come back for dinner. I love the happy hour which I have attended previously.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014My family and I always have a great experience when dining at Tavolino. The food is consistently good, and the atmosphere is lovely. We enjoyed our evening there,Special Features:
- Much improvedOldSchoolDined on 9/6/2014Our last two visits were not great. We had written them off, but received a gift card from a friend. We gave them another try, and they were very good. It was a bit loud., as we were parked right next to a man playing the keyboard. But overall the evening was very nice.Special Features:
- Delicious!LoveGoodEats7Dined on 9/5/2014Food was fresh and tasted absolutely amazing! And to top it off... Best old fashioned in town! Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.