2890 E. Skyline Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavolinoristorante.com/
- Phone: 5205311913x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday -Thursday 5:00pm-9:00pm
Friday & Saturday- 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Tenino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tavolino Ristorante
An inviting restaurant that feels like an Italian neighborhood trattoria. Tavolino specializes in simple, elegant food including fresh salads, homemade pastas, succulent roast and grilled meats, rotisserie chicken and game, and luscious desserts. Tavolino brings Italy to life in Tucson.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavolino Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Tavolino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (41)romantic (40)notable wine list (37)good for groups (29)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (14)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Had a wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Four of us went to experience a little of Italia in Tucson. We were not disappointed, the food was wonderful, the wine excellent and it is a beautiful setting. We plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Girls night out was delightful and relaxing. Great service and wine suggestion. The pasta dishes were wonderful. The only down of the meal was that two of us had the salmon and it was somewhat dry and dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linguinelaura8113Dined on 9/15/2014the food was phenomenal and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed on this occasionFoodDudeVIPDined on 9/15/2014Not their best night, but those happen even in the top tier places. The evening's pasta special just didn't come together. Dry and virtually flavorless. Also the melon was a bit on the green side, which detracts from the wonderful prosciutto. Great service and an enjoyable and well appointed space. No matter, I'll be back because they are generally both good and dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table42Dined on 9/14/2014Authentic cuisine with a clean inviting atmosphere. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I will come back for dinner. I love the happy hour which I have attended previously.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014My family and I always have a great experience when dining at Tavolino. The food is consistently good, and the atmosphere is lovely. We enjoyed our evening there,Special Features:
- Much improvedOldSchoolDined on 9/6/2014Our last two visits were not great. We had written them off, but received a gift card from a friend. We gave them another try, and they were very good. It was a bit loud., as we were parked right next to a man playing the keyboard. But overall the evening was very nice.Special Features:
- Delicious!LoveGoodEats7Dined on 9/5/2014Food was fresh and tasted absolutely amazing! And to top it off... Best old fashioned in town! Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We started with some very fun cocktails, blueberries,gin lots of lemon and a little lime with a basil leaf. WOW Very refreshing. My husband had the special ravioli. The raviolis were wonderfully light with a rich meat and cheese in a burnt butter sauce. I never order raviolis because I am always disappointed. I should have had the raviolis. I had the pasta with a meat and red sauce that was just what I wanted. The sauce was not overly spiced and the pasta was cooked perfectly. Desert was a Bonet, and a coffee with ice cream. If you have never had a Bonet you owe it to yourself to try it. They have just the right amount of sweetness with out being heavy. It has been one of those deserts that I can only get at Tavolino'sSpecial Features:
- Consistenly One of the BestCLJAKOVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was cooked to perfection -- as is usually the case at Tavolino's. Similarly, the service was outstanding. We had asked for a certain table and all was as requested. As with most restaurants, I wish the wine mark-up was not so high (my pet peeve). While there are many varietals from which to choose, there are not that many choices under $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracymickVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time here as we have an entering freshman at U of A. We really enjoyed it - the food was delicious and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. On our next trip here, we will definitely come back.Special Features:
- SeafoodloverrrDined on 8/21/2014While dropping my younger brother off at college, we went to Tavalino as a family for dinner. The ambiance is just wonderful, staff are friendly and attentive, and the food is really quite good. We loved the distinct honey wood burning oven smell in the restaurant, the bruschetta and the salmon entree:). Well definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little sloCannwomanVIPDined on 8/16/2014My biggest pet peeve when dining out is being served my entree with my salad. We sat at the bar and although I love the energy at the bar the service seemed to be lacking.We waited a long time for our salads and when they finally arrived, our entrees were brought by another server at the same time so while I was eating my salad, our entrees were sitting there getting cold. Our bartender/ server must have been new. He wasn't familiar with the menu and just didn't seem to have his act together. Another bartender had to step in and take care of us. Would I go there again? Absolutely!Special Features:
- Not up to parWildflowerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been here twice before but on this occasion everything was a little "off". What was supposed to be a quiet birthday dinner turned out quite differently. At first we were seated right on top of the kitchen and when we asked for another table we were seated directly across from the band. It was too loud throughout the dinner. The food was average at best and the service was uneven even though the restaurant was not full. Will give it another try since we have gift cards to use up.Special Features:
- Very NiceDeniseDined on 8/9/2014Busy on week ends, comfortable seating, great happy hour, very good soup & salad, entrees just fair, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but noisyMaryDined on 8/4/2014Good food, nice ambience, excellent service...when they turn on the "background" music, it makes it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- like2dinelike2dineDined on 8/2/2014Excellent! there with a party of four. everybody said it was the best on the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a disappointmentDianzpianoDined on 7/31/2014For the first time ever, we were disappointed in Tavolino's. The salad was "blah" and practically tasteless, my veal was gristly and fatty, and the huge blob of spinach on the plate was overwhelming. I hope it was just a bad night since our other experiences there have been fine.
- Always GreattucsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Food and service are always excellent. Lasagna is delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed in one areaNoreenDined on 7/27/2014I made reservations for noon and stated that we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived the girl at the reception desk mentioned the birthday so I was hoping they would do something nice (I would have gladly paid for it). However, no reference was made the whole time we were dining. This was the only disappointing aspect of the lunch and it was a big one to me, otherwise, it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding placepleasureDined on 7/27/2014I am a foodie and I so appreciate places like Tavolino's. Excellent food, reasonable prices and great service. Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and atmospheredkdinerDined on 7/25/2014We have dined at Tavolino at least 10 times including lunch and dinner. I have dined with groups and with just my wife. Every dining experience at Tavolino's has been positive. The food is well-prepared exhibiting careful attention to every detail of preparation and presentation. The service pace is perfect and the wait staff is present by not annoying. The wait staff always explains the specials for that day and answers all questions about the menu. Pricing is more than reasonable. This is a restaurant I will continue to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine choice!FoodDudeVIPDined on 7/25/2014Having successfully moved up the food chain from strip mall favorite to aspiring Italian destination spot, they are working hard at making things happen and happen properly on all occasions. For the most part they succeed. The check-in desk can be a bit of a hassle, but once at a table the team works hard to do right. The Italian wine list is a favorite, as are many of the menu listed pastas--some quirky and unusual but consistent. The vibe is one of energy and the evening is well spent. Try it and see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moochieDined on 7/19/2014First time here, and what a fantastic experience! We had Ben as a waiter, and he really made our visit enjoyable. The food was fantastic. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson's best Italian restaurant?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014This modern, relaxed Piedmontese restaurant consistently serves beautifully prepared, relatively straight forward food that highlights the ingredients. Service is appropriately friendly and accommodating. The Italian wine from the family's vineyard is recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentItalianinaz1Dined on 7/14/2014Best osso bucco I have had since growing up! Nice business dinner and my colleague had the osso bucco and loved it too.Special Features:
- Fun eveningDesertDivaDined on 7/12/2014Met friends for an impromptu dinner. Food good...but restaurant temp humid and warm inside. Doors open to patio dining throwing off inside temps. Glad to see the restaurant busy especially during the heat of the summer. Will return to dine outside when temps cools down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaos123Chaos123Dined on 7/6/2014Very lovely meal. Had a slow start to service and management addressed it quietly, efficiently and much to our satisfaction. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere and foodFoodie1Dined on 7/6/2014We dined here recently to celebrate the retirement of a friend. The service and attention to detail was excellent, as was the food. We especially loved the wines and the fact that they come from the chef's brother's vineyards in Italy. The suggested pairings were perfect. The fact that all the food is made on premises from the delicious bread, desserts and of course, the mains is fantastic. We loved the total experience.Special Features:
- Great ItalianPickyEaterDined on 7/4/2014My wife's grandmother was from Italy and she owned an Italian restaurant for 40 years. Tavolinos is one of the few places she will eat pasta. Wonderful food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceJimSDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I had wanted to take her mother out for her birthday on the fourth of July to Vivache which was closed for the weekend. Reading the revues of Tavolino we decided to give it a try. It was a wonderful meal and the service was far beyond what I have experienced in most restaurants in Tucson. Their drinks were well poured and interesting. If you are looking for that "special" place, you have found it in Tavolino but expect to spend at least $50 a person if you have wine and desert.Special Features:
- Understaffed.beadbroadDined on 7/2/2014Our waitress was very pleasant and obviously working her tail off, but completely overwhelmed. She eventually must have asked for someone else to come take our drink order, but there was a substantial wait even after that before they were received. She finally made it to our table (after one brief "I'll be with you soon") 30 minutes after we were seated, WITH a reservation. Food was also slow coming out of the kitchen, so I think it's a broader staffing problem. Food and drinks were tasty and fortunately we had time, but it would deter me from another visit unless I was looking for a particularly leisurely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenVIPDined on 6/22/2014Most incredible cheese souffle I've ever had!!!! Everything else fantastic also...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parDSfinanceVIPDined on 6/21/2014Saturday night out for a special occasion was lack luster. Service was extremely slow and the server was not up to the usual standards that I have come to expect from this restaurant. That being said the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 6/20/2014The food and service were wonderful. All the ingredients were fresh and creatively prepared. A foodies paradise.Special Features:
- horatioVIPDined on 6/19/2014It is fun to try different dishes but I love their calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JakeDined on 6/17/2014Dinner was fantastic! Great service, atmosphere and very friendly and professional staff. Wine list is amazing, had the Barbera which was from the owner's brorhter's vineyard in Italy. Exceptional wine! Our dinners were perfect and wonderfully prepared. This is now one of our favorite resturants. We will return soon! Thanks.Special Features:
- Always top notch2winosVIPDined on 6/15/2014We eat at Tavolino quite often. It is our favorite Italian restaurant in Tucson. Among the many Italian restaurants here, Tavolino comes closest to what we remember the food in Italy was like on our trips there. Also has a good wine list, fairly priced. This visit, like the others, was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITE IN ALL OF TUCSONRONALDODined on 6/13/2014WE HAVE BEEN GOING TO TAVOLINO'S FOR THE PAST 14 YEARS. THE LASAGNA IS AS IF YOU WERE IN ROME ENJOYING YOUR BEST MEAL. GREAT MENU, GREAT SERVICE, AND THE SELECTION OF RONALDI WINES ARE OUTSTANDING. THEY CAN HANDLE SMALL PRIVATE PARTY GROUPS OF AROUND 25 TO 30 PEOPLE, IN A CLOSED OFF ROOM. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THIS RESTAURANT OVER THE YEARS TO AT LEAST 100 PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE. THEIR NEW LOCATION, IS " EVERYTHING". LOCATION IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE FOOD, AND THE SERVICE. THIS PLACE SCORES 100 IN MY BOOK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.