2890 E. Skyline Dr.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavolinoristorante.com/
- Phone: 5205311913x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday -Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday- 5:00pm- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Tenino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tavolino Ristorante
An inviting restaurant that feels like an Italian neighborhood trattoria. Tavolino specializes in simple, elegant food including fresh salads, homemade pastas, succulent roast and grilled meats, rotisserie chicken and game, and luscious desserts. Tavolino brings Italy to life in Tucson.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavolino Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Tavolino Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (38)romantic (32)good for groups (28)great for lunch (24)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always delicious...2winosVIPDined on 10/18/2014We eat here about twice a month, alternating between lunch and dinner. We think it serves the best, and most authentic, Italian food in Tucson. This time we joined another couple for lunch. Our dishes were delicious: the beet carpaccio salad appetizer, the arugula with warm egg appetizer, the pappardale and the roast half chicken were delicious as usual. We paired them and the other dishes with a white wine from Friuli, a red from Abruzzi, and finished with a Brunello. We split a wonderful Bonet dessert at the end. A great meal and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZwoofDined on 10/13/2014We were with a friend from Seattle, who eats out a lot. He was very impressed with the food and in particular the service (Mandy). Constructive remarks: The osso bucco looked like lambshank. I am afraid I have to order the lambshank next time to find out the difference :-) The brocolli was way too salty and undercooked. ZwoofSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavolino is greatKelleDined on 10/13/2014My friends and I celebrated a birthday here and we had great food and fantastic service. The food was very authentic Italian and oh so good. Tavolino is one of my favorite places to eat in Tucson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wildcatDined on 10/11/2014Very enjoyable dining experience... food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian at its Best!!FoodyoneVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is outstanding.....feels like Italy! The baratta appetizer was fresh and delicious, as was the penne with house made sausage. The Branzino, a whole fish, was perfectly prepared and the bonet dessert was amazing! Staff was very helpful in choosing appropriate wines by the glass! The manager came over to make sure we were happy. This is upscale Italian at its best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was good. It was a Friday night of parent's weekend and I guess they were not equipped for it. We had to wait over an hour for our entree. Our waiter was very nice and the manager came over and apologized but over an hour is over an hour. Hope it's not that way on a regular Friday night.
- 10/10/14catching1upDined on 10/10/2014Lovely evening with excellent service and delicious food. One of our favorite places to dine and celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findRickAVIPDined on 10/6/2014Treat your self to a very nice place at very reasonable pricesI would recommend this to a friend.
- BeedeDined on 10/3/2014Very good food and very attentive service. Thoroughly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outandaboutDined on 9/28/2014We had a group of 6. We were celebrating a family birthday. The waitress was attentive and knew the menu and wine selections very well. The main course food did not come out at the same time. We had to wait about 5 minutes until all food was served. The guest of honor's food was burnt. The restaurant gave us 3 free birthday desserts to cushion the blow of the burnt food. The pasta dishes were cooked perfectly. We usually have a great food experience at Tavolino. Hope to be better for all next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable & specialFoodDudeVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is the kind of place I root for. They've come so far from their strip mall trattoria days--not that there's anything wrong with that. More adventuresome now, not always polished, but always striving to be better and to experiment. An excellent osso buco & huge, at that. If you are a lamb person, that is their version of this dish. A fritto misto preparation to become addicted to--even if I have to push away the eggplant. As delicate and perfect a display of shrimp and calamari as you are likely to find. Not the heavily breaded brew house or chain bar kind. Light & truly a find. Nice people doing good work. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and excellent foodKaTzPJamasDined on 9/26/2014My girlfriend and I tried Tavolino for the first time in order to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. The atmosphere definitely caters to those having a date night but it looks like it could also cater to those just looking to go out to a classy restaurant in general. The two most notable things is the service and the food. The service is lightning fast and our server was very kind in helping us navigate the menu and what is good. Its the best service I've ever received from any restaurant I've ever been to. We ordered food and it was out to us within 5-10 minutes it seemed. The food was cooked and presented nicely. It was incredibly delicious. I will eat there again in future and tell my friends about it.Special Features:
- From the Shores of San RemoJavelinaGourmetDined on 9/20/2014Ravioli al Caprino, a homemade beet raviloi filled with goat cheese and thyme, stirred in brown butter, sage and tomato sauce was a remarkable dish for its uniqueness and flavor. Filetto de Maiale, pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto, with red wine reduction sauce was so tender you could cut it with a fork. This dish was served with tasty roasted potatoes and baby spinach. A winner! In addition, Chef-owner Massimo Tenino has put together the best Italian wine selection in town. Ambiance (just the right amount of buzzy restaurant atmosphere) and service were top notch. As a former Tucson food writer and ardent foodie, Tavolinos continues to impress.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time.breezeeDined on 9/19/2014Four of us went to experience a little of Italia in Tucson. We were not disappointed, the food was wonderful, the wine excellent and it is a beautiful setting. We plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulSB711Dined on 9/17/2014Girls night out was delightful and relaxing. Great service and wine suggestion. The pasta dishes were wonderful. The only down of the meal was that two of us had the salmon and it was somewhat dry and dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linguinelaura8113Dined on 9/15/2014the food was phenomenal and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed on this occasionFoodDudeVIPDined on 9/15/2014Not their best night, but those happen even in the top tier places. The evening's pasta special just didn't come together. Dry and virtually flavorless. Also the melon was a bit on the green side, which detracts from the wonderful prosciutto. Great service and an enjoyable and well appointed space. No matter, I'll be back because they are generally both good and dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table42Dined on 9/14/2014Authentic cuisine with a clean inviting atmosphere. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I will come back for dinner. I love the happy hour which I have attended previously.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014My family and I always have a great experience when dining at Tavolino. The food is consistently good, and the atmosphere is lovely. We enjoyed our evening there,Special Features:
- Much improvedOldSchoolDined on 9/6/2014Our last two visits were not great. We had written them off, but received a gift card from a friend. We gave them another try, and they were very good. It was a bit loud., as we were parked right next to a man playing the keyboard. But overall the evening was very nice.Special Features:
- Delicious!LoveGoodEats7Dined on 9/5/2014Food was fresh and tasted absolutely amazing! And to top it off... Best old fashioned in town! Hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We started with some very fun cocktails, blueberries,gin lots of lemon and a little lime with a basil leaf. WOW Very refreshing. My husband had the special ravioli. The raviolis were wonderfully light with a rich meat and cheese in a burnt butter sauce. I never order raviolis because I am always disappointed. I should have had the raviolis. I had the pasta with a meat and red sauce that was just what I wanted. The sauce was not overly spiced and the pasta was cooked perfectly. Desert was a Bonet, and a coffee with ice cream. If you have never had a Bonet you owe it to yourself to try it. They have just the right amount of sweetness with out being heavy. It has been one of those deserts that I can only get at Tavolino'sSpecial Features:
- Consistenly One of the BestCLJAKOVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was cooked to perfection -- as is usually the case at Tavolino's. Similarly, the service was outstanding. We had asked for a certain table and all was as requested. As with most restaurants, I wish the wine mark-up was not so high (my pet peeve). While there are many varietals from which to choose, there are not that many choices under $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracymickVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time here as we have an entering freshman at U of A. We really enjoyed it - the food was delicious and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive. On our next trip here, we will definitely come back.Special Features:
- SeafoodloverrrDined on 8/21/2014While dropping my younger brother off at college, we went to Tavalino as a family for dinner. The ambiance is just wonderful, staff are friendly and attentive, and the food is really quite good. We loved the distinct honey wood burning oven smell in the restaurant, the bruschetta and the salmon entree:). Well definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a little sloCannwomanVIPDined on 8/16/2014My biggest pet peeve when dining out is being served my entree with my salad. We sat at the bar and although I love the energy at the bar the service seemed to be lacking.We waited a long time for our salads and when they finally arrived, our entrees were brought by another server at the same time so while I was eating my salad, our entrees were sitting there getting cold. Our bartender/ server must have been new. He wasn't familiar with the menu and just didn't seem to have his act together. Another bartender had to step in and take care of us. Would I go there again? Absolutely!Special Features:
- Not up to parWildflowerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We have been here twice before but on this occasion everything was a little "off". What was supposed to be a quiet birthday dinner turned out quite differently. At first we were seated right on top of the kitchen and when we asked for another table we were seated directly across from the band. It was too loud throughout the dinner. The food was average at best and the service was uneven even though the restaurant was not full. Will give it another try since we have gift cards to use up.Special Features:
- Very NiceDeniseDined on 8/9/2014Busy on week ends, comfortable seating, great happy hour, very good soup & salad, entrees just fair, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but noisyMaryDined on 8/4/2014Good food, nice ambience, excellent service...when they turn on the "background" music, it makes it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- like2dinelike2dineDined on 8/2/2014Excellent! there with a party of four. everybody said it was the best on the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a disappointmentDianzpianoDined on 7/31/2014For the first time ever, we were disappointed in Tavolino's. The salad was "blah" and practically tasteless, my veal was gristly and fatty, and the huge blob of spinach on the plate was overwhelming. I hope it was just a bad night since our other experiences there have been fine.
- Always GreattucsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014Food and service are always excellent. Lasagna is delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed in one areaNoreenDined on 7/27/2014I made reservations for noon and stated that we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived the girl at the reception desk mentioned the birthday so I was hoping they would do something nice (I would have gladly paid for it). However, no reference was made the whole time we were dining. This was the only disappointing aspect of the lunch and it was a big one to me, otherwise, it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding placepleasureDined on 7/27/2014I am a foodie and I so appreciate places like Tavolino's. Excellent food, reasonable prices and great service. Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and atmospheredkdinerDined on 7/25/2014We have dined at Tavolino at least 10 times including lunch and dinner. I have dined with groups and with just my wife. Every dining experience at Tavolino's has been positive. The food is well-prepared exhibiting careful attention to every detail of preparation and presentation. The service pace is perfect and the wait staff is present by not annoying. The wait staff always explains the specials for that day and answers all questions about the menu. Pricing is more than reasonable. This is a restaurant I will continue to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine choice!FoodDudeVIPDined on 7/25/2014Having successfully moved up the food chain from strip mall favorite to aspiring Italian destination spot, they are working hard at making things happen and happen properly on all occasions. For the most part they succeed. The check-in desk can be a bit of a hassle, but once at a table the team works hard to do right. The Italian wine list is a favorite, as are many of the menu listed pastas--some quirky and unusual but consistent. The vibe is one of energy and the evening is well spent. Try it and see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moochieDined on 7/19/2014First time here, and what a fantastic experience! We had Ben as a waiter, and he really made our visit enjoyable. The food was fantastic. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson's best Italian restaurant?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014This modern, relaxed Piedmontese restaurant consistently serves beautifully prepared, relatively straight forward food that highlights the ingredients. Service is appropriately friendly and accommodating. The Italian wine from the family's vineyard is recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentItalianinaz1Dined on 7/14/2014Best osso bucco I have had since growing up! Nice business dinner and my colleague had the osso bucco and loved it too.Special Features: