7 W Railroad Avenue
Tenafly, NJ 07670Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tavlintenafly.com/
- Phone: (201) 871-6060
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Kosher, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tavlin
A Mediterranean kosher restaurant in Tenafly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavlin reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always goodNanaVIPDined on 11/4/2014Tavlin is our go to restaurant and we are there almost every week. The service has gotten much better, the food is always consistently excellent and we feel very welcomed there. We bring a bottle of wine, sit back and enjoy the wonderful choices on the menu and we are never disappointed. The soups,salads and main dishes are terrific and the prices are very reasonable. We recommend Tavlin to all our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unclemilty2Dined on 11/2/2014Fair prices for kosher food, tasty meat dishes, good baklava and mediterannean spicesSpecial Features:
- Just OkayStatsBoyDined on 10/26/2014Food was okay, not great. Service was subpar. Place was crowded, my chair back almost up against another's with people & staff trying to pass between. Decor would be okay if not for them trying to stuff chairs & tables into every open space on floor. Noisy. Young couple with loud infants nearby. $33 rib steak tasted metallic. Mashed potatoes were cold. Jerusalem mixed grill was tasty. Shish kebabs were fine. Soup was tasty but watery. Kids liked hamburger kids meals. Water glasses not refilled until I finally flagged down a very busy waiter & asked. Owner &/or manager &/or maitre d' &/or Rabbi (Not sure what they were) both dressed sloppily with shirts untucked. Expected a little more for price. I'd return for lunch special but not dinner.Special Features:
- Back againNanaVIPDined on 10/20/2014We're always pleased with Tavlin, the food is consistently good and delicious, the service generally good and we know we'll go home content with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againNanaVIPDined on 9/28/2014Brought 2 other adults with us.....food, as always was delicious. Service wasn't as good as usual...not sure why since the restaurant wasn't very full. We had to correct a few things brought over or forgotten. One family there had a small child who had a feet bursts of crying and the mother didn't do much about it.....sort of disturbing. All in all the food was great and we'll definitely be back to Tavlin again.Special Features:
- Good againNanaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Tavlin is one of our "go to" spots, especially when we're in the mood for a kosher meat place and one that is a byo. The food is consistently good, portions just right, service usually prompt and friendly and we're always satisfied with our experience. Whether we go with other people or just ourselves it's always a pleasant dining experience with good food and drink. We'll be back to Tavlin many many times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanaVIPDined on 8/21/2014We love Tavlin and will continue dining there as long as it exists which will hopefully be forever,Special Features:
- NanaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always delicious....we love it there! Eric and his staff do a nice job and we'll be back soon.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Tavlin reviews archive.
- NanaVIPDined on 7/10/2014Always a good meal at Tavlin with friendly service and a nice feeling of always being welcomed.Special Features:
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014A colleague took me here for lunch one day and I have brought friends and family back week after week for Sunday lunch/brunch. It's a great find with lots of options and even vegetarian options. The mezze plates are excellent, and the homemade Humus is delicious. Love the decor and the Colombian coffee is excellent too! The pricing is also very reasonable especially for the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside diningNanaVIPDined on 5/20/2014We love Tavlin and when my brother suggested eating outside we first resisted and then gave in....it was great and we almost felt like we were on vacation in another city. Food, as always was great and service was warm and friendly. No complaints!!!Special Features:
- Always greatNanaVIPDined on 5/18/2014We love Tavlin and are always happy to dine there....the food is great, the waiters and waitresses are friendly and welcoming and we're thrilled that the restaurant appears to be doing well. It's a byo so that helps make it even more pleasant when we can bring our own wine and keep the costs of dinner down.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceLuv2eatDined on 5/11/2014It recommended by couple of online review, we decided give a try on the Mother's Day for the early dinner. The food was superizely tasty and our family at 5 included 2 kids loved all the orders. The services were very good as well. It is very family friendly. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentlyly greatNanaVIPDined on 5/5/2014We are regular Tavlin diners and we are never disappointed.....the food is delicious, the staff is welcoming, Erich is a wonderful host and we love going there.Special Features: