Taverne of Richfield
3960 Broadview Rd
Richfield, OH 44286Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Taverne of Richfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taverneofrichfield.com/
- Phone: 3306590610x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about your catering needs! We are near all the Cuyahoga Valley Parks. We will be happy to cater with bar, service and all the items you will need to make your party perfect.
- Private Party Facilities: Taverne of Richfield can accommodate private parties from 10 - 120 in one of three well appointed private rooms. There is also the option of renting out the patio during the summer time months
- Private Party Contact: Sonya Raybould & Jackie Wainilko 330-659-0610x
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday (7:30 - 10:30), Friday and Saturday (8:00 - 11:00) in the Underground Martini Lounge.
Full Menu and Bar available in room.
Jazz music every Saturday.
- Special Events: Oysterfest - last weekend in September, November, January, and March
Mother's day brunch - 11 - 3
Easter Brunch - 11- 3
A word from Taverne of Richfield
The historic Taverne of Richfield serves detailed preparations of only the freshest seafood and steaks, utilizing local seasonal ingredients. We’re more than a restaurant, we’re a complete entertainment venue!Continued
Dine fireside or on the tranquil Patio. Relax in the upstairs bar, or enjoy live music in the Underground Martini Lounge.
Dine fireside or on the tranquil Patio. Relax in the upstairs bar, or enjoy live music in the Underground Martini Lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Taverne of Richfield - Best Restaurants in Richfield ›
Taverne of Richfield reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)scenic view (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- UnderwhelmedJasonDined on 9/29/2014While the beautiful, historic exterior of the Taverne of Richfield set expectations high, I was disappointed with the courses themselves weighed against the cost. It's not the the food was "bad" per se, but just not worth the price being charged. The stuffed pepper appetizer was a bit soggy and boring. Champagne Scallops were drowning in butter and underdone greens. I will say, we were there on a Monday night for a business dinner, and and our server was excellent, attentive, and sensitive to our discussion and not interrupting. Of course, we were about the only table in the place. Bottom line: The Taverne presents and prices itself as a 4 or 5 star establishment, but don't expect more than 3 star dining.Special Features:
- One of the best in the regionDitasflipflopDined on 9/19/2014The Tavern at Richfield is a great place. The facility is beautiful. They offer a good selection of dishes that are unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out2niteVIPDined on 9/14/2014Nice neighborhood joint, was not on the top of its game on a Sunday evening. Drinks made with a shaker that had not been rinsed good, shrimp pasta dish served without the shrimp. Managment corrected the issues.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jakeboneDined on 8/30/2014ARRIVED AT RESTAURANT AT 7:00 - TOOK 90 MINUTES TO GET FOOD - APPROX 15 PEOPLE IN DINING ROOM - 4 DINNERS WERE MEDIOCORE HALF THE CLAMS WERE UNOPENED IN SEAFOOD SPECIAL - FILET UNDERCOOKEDSpecial Features:
- Great food in RichfieldJamesDined on 8/24/2014The walleye was outstanding! Very nice outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our first time at the Taverne of Richfield had an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Everyone from hostess to server were very friendly and knowledgeable. Our waitress was just great. The setting could not have been better for a quiet intimate for my husband's birthday. The food was excellent. We had pecan chicken & country boil......portions were very generous. Would recommend the taverne to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noteworthydiner0974Dined on 8/9/2014We are pretty tough critics. Had a great Saturday night meal. I had the walleye, my companion the seared tuna. We each had a salad. Chop salad and wedge both very good. Generous portions, but not over the top. We both cleaned our plates. Nice beer selection (bottles). Lemon drop martini well prepared. Service was very good. Next time we will call earlier to reserve an outdoor table, but it was also very pleasant inside too. Meal exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening!MissJMWVIPDined on 8/6/2014We dined at the Taverne of Richfield and had a lovely evening out on the absolutely beautiful patio. I had the ohio city shrimp pasta which was delicious! The cajun cream sauce it was served was wonderful and just the right amount of heat. My boyfriend had the low country boil which was a nice sized portion of the crab, clams, and shrimp too! Their drink list is large with so many delicious choices, I had a basil crush, it was so refreshing! Our server informed us of live music in the martini lounge which is a fun scene downstairs as well! Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and was very friendly! We will definetely be coming back to dine at the Taverne of RichfieldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Patio MealHeatherDined on 7/29/2014I met a friend at the Taverne of Richfield on a weeknight and the patio was perfect for a more casual night of eating and drinking. We were impressed with the specialty tacos that night--some pretty inventive options that I would love to try another time--but we ended up with the mushroom salad, which was tasty but a little salty, and the rootbeer burger, which was very good. The goat cheese-stuffed jalapeno was a perfect touch. I walked through the inside to the patio and it was very nice, but a little more formal than what we were looking for. I would love to go back and check out some of the other entrees and the martini lounge another night. My husband and I will definitely check it out on a future date night.Special Features:
- Food variable, Service goodCharlieDined on 7/27/2014I wasn't sure what to expect here, as the previous reviews were all over the map. I showed up at 6 on a Sunday, and there was only one other table occupied in the main dining room. Not surprisingly, the service was quick. and yes, they did get my Open Table reservation! My waiter was prompt and attentive. I had the Pierogies (made by "the Pierogie Lady") and they were very good. For an entree, the Putanesca with scallops. The scallops were nicely browned, but not over done, with perhaps a scotch more salt than they needed. As for rest of the dish, I'm used to Putanesca with a lot more tomatoes and basil, but it wasn't bad..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a special lunchAmysDined on 7/16/2014Overall the restaurant was what I was expecting. Decor was very nice, the food was good (skip the granny apple slaw though) and we enjoyed our birthday celebration. Downside...service was very slow. Once the staff noticed us we were seated quickly but then had to wait for about 10-15 minutes before our server came to greet us. It was obvious they had no clue we were coming even though I had made the reservation through this site. I asked questions on this site and never recieved answers. Poor communicationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice mealbtoqb4Dined on 7/14/2014As always, the Tavern was a very nice, quiet place to have a good meal and conversation, with pleasant service and great food. My ONLY complaint is they were out of two menu items (my first and second choice), but the third choice was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and has potentialKitchenSyncDined on 7/13/2014The service was friendly but SLOW, and there were only 3 tables of diners (so not busy at all). And yet, charcuterie appetizer took 15 minutes, entrees were missing main ingredients, and house wine tasted like it hadnt been stored correctly. It's too bad because the place is lovely and the food has potential. But the service (or lack thereof) really soured the experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic!ReviewsDined on 7/12/2014Went for our Anniversary....food was great....staff was excellent...The owner and staff made sure our visit was an incredible 5star moment!Special Features:
- A summer findMarieDined on 7/5/2014We so enjoyed the food and ambience of the outdoor patio here. A great place to stop before a Blossom evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful old buildingTraciandBillDined on 7/4/2014The place was not busy inside, where we chose to eat. The Patio must have had plenty going on because the server would straggle in. Long wait for drinks, food was brought by at long intervals between courses. Server hardly ever showed up.......Special Features:
- dsofjha;odkhsjjjsoogppfpfpDined on 6/28/2014sdfn'alsdj a[s [ga]sdl]als g[k;slg'a;lfk'gpaoiw[powrpgojSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmanDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant could be one of the best around. The problem is the chef. If you have good food they will come. You however do not have good food.Special Features:
- totally pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit and we were not disappointed. Lovely quiet room and great service. The food was very good and well presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. We want to try the patio on our next visit. It looked very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Taverne of Richfield reviews archive.
- great everything, except serviceexperienceiseverythingDined on 6/15/2014The food was incredible, the outside patio seating ambiance was unlike anything else anywhere near the area, simply amazing. Our server was AWFUL! Rate 4 out of 5 stars.....5 stars world have been appropriate for likely any other server this place employs. Will definitely be back though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014my husband and I went on a Monday night, gorgeous weather and we sat outside--so enjoyable. He had the potato crusted walleye and I had the Ohio City Pasta--both excellent; also had the beet salad and hot crab dip--absolute must! We will be back and our server was a pregnant lady who was just wonderful!Special Features:
- Richfield TavernYumyuminmytumtumDined on 5/18/2014Historical and yummy! Service and food was excellent- we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleobjectivityDined on 5/11/2014Food was cold, tables were dirty, no plates on 2 occasions at buffet, advertised salmon for Mother's Day but ran out while I was waiting in line.
- Mother's Day DisappointmentMadmomDined on 5/11/2014This was the worst dining experience I think I have ever had! From the hostess with the appetite ruining skin issue to the vacuum cleaner left out on the backstairs that we had to trudge up and down to get to the patio seating, windex and cleaning rag left out and I haven't even gotten to the dirty stack of plates by the empty, dried out, unappealing presentation of a buffet! I wanted to leave even before we started but where do you go without a reservation on Mother's Day??? The quality of the food, the dirty restaurant, the waitstaff that didn't even greet us with a "Happy Mother's Day" AND the $164 bill for a table of five for a disgusting meal certainly made for memories that we will talk about for years!! DO NOT EAT HERE!
- Mother's Day brunchIDKaNameDined on 5/11/2014The food was not the best, have eaten for lunch and food was fine, but during the brunch food was soggy or over-done.
- Mothers Day BrunchDinerDined on 5/11/2014We were stuck in a meeting room and the food was average at best. Presentation could have been better. Drinks not included in brunch, and my two year old was charged full price. Not worth the cost.
- Mother's Day Brunch, underwhelmingMumzie1039Dined on 5/11/2014We tried this brunch but were not impressed. The french toast was cold and dry, the only eggs were a quiche, and there was a small selection of desserts. The carving station had prime rib and ham, both of which were very good.
- Such a TreatPitFoodieDined on 5/8/2014The food, service and prices are excellent. They have an extensive drink and food menu that can please any Foodie. It was a treat dining here and I'd recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tamthljgl66Dined on 5/2/2014Food was good.....service very good.....atmosphere goodSpecial Features:
- Richfield Tavern Work Lunch 4/28/14tickedoffDined on 4/28/2014I along with 7 co-workers, came for lunch at noon to welcome a new employee. We had a table for 8. They may have only been 3-4 other tables being used in the entire restaurant. I have never waited so long to not only get our drink order, but also for someone to take our food order. Most of us ordered sandwich wraps, soup or salad. These items do not take long to make nor should they, when your restaurant is surrounded by commercial businesses that cater to people that need to get in/get out rather quickly. We were there close to an hour before the food came out to the tables - completely unacceptable. The waitress got many of our orders wrong which means we all did not get to eat at the same time. Then all of our checks were wrong.
- Taverne Food / Great LocationCriticalDinerDined on 4/19/2014We stopped at the Taverne for a Saturday Night dinner out, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the efficient wait staff. The place is the same as always,it is small, and a little noisy, but the overall environment is easy and casual. The wait staff is young, but well trained and our server was efficient and attentive to our needs. The best part of all was the food. It was well prepared and delivered on a well planned plate pleasing to the eye.....and did not disappoint. Four of us had a different meal and there were no complaints with the quality nor the quantity of food. My only complaint was that we did not have time to stay and enjoy the blues music heard rolling up the steps from the basement lounge .Special Features:
- love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Great place for a romantic outing, great food and plating, my only complaint is more often than not if there is a group of 5-6 people the volume levels skyrocket. Otherwise the place is quiet but sadly a few gregarious customers ruin the ambiance. Aside from that I love this place, and the Martini lounge is my favorite place to go for a drink and live music.Special Features:
- I feel sorry for the band.MrJaumsDined on 4/11/2014I took my wife to enjoy a romantic dinner and some live entertainment for our anniversary. Lovely ambiance, food was great, and the band was excellent. We were not the only ones celebrating. There was a hot mess of a 50 something mother who thought she was as young as her youngest son who was (let's hope) at least 21. Who after a little bit of pre-game with her coworkers showed up after the band had been playing for at least a half hour. The celebration of a 50 year olds birthday would have been fine if she dance around with her newly gifted tambouring. She was so loud and annoying that even the acoustic band kindly asked that she stop. We had to leave before my wife had put that tambouring in an uncomfortable place for her. Next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experience. Service wasDoubleBDined on 3/30/2014Bad experience. Service was poor, information was inaccurate about the menu, water served at the table was brown and tasted badly, the temperature in the restaurant was very cold. Not going back
- Wine, dine and entertainmentEbsterDined on 3/21/2014We had a wonderful meal with very personable service. It was a pleasant surprise to find out there was lounge entertainment downstairs. We finished our meal and then went downstairs to have drinks and dessert. The lounge entertainment was fabulous and we stayed till closing. If you are looking for a full evening of food and entertainment, the Taverne is the best value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, peaceful atmospherePeggyDined on 3/16/2014My husband and I dine at the Taverne of Richfield fairly frequently and enjoy it. Unfortunately a family incident came up (mother-in-law took a fall) and not only did my friend and I not show for this online reservation, I cancelled it late, sorry. We will be back and hopefully without any emergency! My above rating is based on other visits. I have great memories spanning decades of dining here, even in a group setting, never disappointed. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah....?Bear57Dined on 3/16/2014My party and I went for a nice lunch on a Sunday. This was not my first time at the Tavern and I have become used to good food and great service here. I was very disappointed when they sat us almost on top of the only other party in the room. Yes, it was Bernie Kozar and his party but I could tell that he wanted his dining privacy as we did ours. The tavern was out of some items such as ketchup and the staff must have been new as they did not know how to make drinks or have much experience as wait staff. We had a combination of cold and overcooked food. This is not typical of the Tavern. In the past I have had excellent service and excellent food. I hope this was just a fluke and not indication of a new trend for the Tavern.
- Enjoyable eveningElJefe1936Dined on 3/15/2014We had a very nice dining experience. Our waitress was very pleasant and knew the menu very well. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreatMosesDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I have been to the tavern of Richfield many years ago. Looking for somewhere different to dine on Saturday night we came across this suggestion on open table. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised at the intimate and cozy atmosphere. The food was beyond our expectations and The price was very reasonable. We will be back with friends and I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.