1986 San Marco Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernasanmarco.com/
- Phone: 9043983005x
- Hours of Operation:
11:00AM - 3:00PM Lunch
5:00PM - 10:00PM Dinner
11:00AM - 3:00PM Lunch
5:00PM - 11:00pm Dinner
10:00AM - 3:00PM Brunch & Lunch
5:00PM - 11:00PM Dinner
10:00AM - 3:00PM Brunch & Lunch
5:00PM - 10:00PM Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Sam Efron
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Taverna
Located in historic San Marco Square, Taverna specializes in handcrafted and Seasonal Italian cuisine. Chef Sam Efron's menus highlight classic Italian flavors while utilizing regional produce and meats, imported ingredients, and house-made pastas and mozzarella. At the bar, Taverna offers handcrafted classic cocktails, local microbrews, and a carefully curated selection of wines from Italy and beyond. Private dining, quick casual lunch service and business lunch deliveries are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Taverna - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (53)great for outdoor dining (46)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (42)romantic (35)notable wine list (30)good for groups (25)hot spot (20)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. Great service, great food. Highly recommend the lemon ricotta pancakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okay...joopnightVIPDined on 8/30/2014Got a last minute reservation at this beautiful restaurant on Saturday night. The service was not bad. The problem was the food. The options for vegetarians seemed like a lot, but there were taste issues (blandness). The pizza was not good and the orrichette was tasteless. Decor was wonderful and drinks were good and staff were nice. Wouldn't go back though for dinner...but maybe brunch.Special Features:
- San Marco OptionFLFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Very limited menu that seldom changes but each item is perfectly prepared. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to dinner for her birthday. The food was average (for the price); the service was a bit slow and unimpressive. I was surprised to see the waitstaff in t-shirts. They were supposed to surprise my wife with dessert, but that didn't happen. I will give them a second chance in the future; maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:
- reneeDined on 8/29/2014Great table next to the window. Best cheese plate in town!! Great music, not too loud. Wonderful food and service. A great experience!Special Features:
- Awesome Boutique Restaurant!TinaDined on 8/29/2014Taverna is a wonderful place for a casual meal or romantic evening. The food is always excellent and the wine list unique and extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBrainVIPDined on 8/23/2014The evening was enjoyable and the service was notable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well runRonSVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, but a limited menu. Won't please everyone, but our party was satisfied. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and pleasedSharonInJaxDined on 8/20/2014My son recommended we have dinner here, and I am so glad that he did. The heat of August in Jax made the outdoor dining not an option, but I bet it would be lovely on a cooler, at least less hot day. Food was excellent, specialty drinks were awesome, wine list was tempting, and the service was great. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Food / Service perfection!TomBVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my girl friend and my first visit to your restaurant and I had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and presented in a very artful and appetizing way. Service was perfect! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Beautiful restaurant with delicious, fresh food and great drinks! One if my favorites in JacksonvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood choiceHeadofHappinessDined on 8/6/2014Taverna is my restaurant gem in my neighborhood. The staff are friendly and attentive without being in your space. The food is consistently great! My favorite is the chef vegetarian special. While I am not a vegetarian, it is always great and different!Special Features:
- One of the best,RRjaxVIPDined on 8/3/2014Brunch was excellent, as is lunch and dinner. It has become one of our new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We had the hangar steak and sautéed mussels, clams and shrimp dish. Both were great. Will be back to eat those again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodNNNK21Dined on 7/22/2014I've never had a bad or even mediocre meal here. Went for dinner recently and everyone in our group enjoyed their meals. Dessert was excellent and so was our service. Would highly recommend for dinner. Service at lunch is hit or miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for casual but good foodRitaRooDined on 7/15/2014Great drinks menu, asparagus & poached egg appetizer to doe for! Whole fish was a bit dry and service was distinctly lacking. I'd still go back but not if I was under time constraints - despite arriving early, and letting them know we had to be out at a certain time and 3 reminders, we were still waiting for our checks and boxes long after we wanted to be gone.Special Features:
- AwesonePamBDined on 7/9/2014Traverna is a high end foodie italian restaurant. My BFF and I love the entire experience every time we dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Outstanding Dinner!FoodieJaxVIPDined on 7/5/2014The grilled salmon entree was perfectly cooked, absolutely fresh, and a generous thick buttery portion with a beautiful vegetable medley that included artichoke hearts, yum ! The vegetarian plate, left to the chef's creation using in season farm to table ingredients was superb ! Our guest's seafood medley and rice was delicious and quickly consumed ! Absolutely fresh and a great dish Taverna is an excellent restaurant... Highly recommended !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2014Our waiter was rude and made us feel like we were imposing on his time.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchRobert1VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food and service were outstanding for my friend's birthday lunch.Special Features:
- Great FindDocMarkDined on 6/24/2014We went for our anniversary based on recommendations and we were not disappointed. Located in the heart of San Marco, Taverna is a smallish beautifully decorated restaurant. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating, so you can watch the goings on and dine in comfort. We opted for indoor and had a lovely booth. Our waiter John was mot attentive without being pushy. The corn chowder with scallops was a taste buds delight. Sweet & savory with a hint of heat it made a wonderful start to the evening. The paella made me think I was in Spain again. Shrimp, mussels, chorizo and chicken along with pasta and peas made for a wonderful medley of tastes. The homemade raviolli were also a smash. All in all a magnificent meal!Special Features:
- Perfect pre-theatre dinnerTsutziqDined on 6/21/2014We took two friends who had never been to Taverna before-- we had, but sadly not in a good while. We were seated promptly and the waiter appeared within moments. Knowing we had just an hour before curtain up on Les Miserables at Theatre Jax, he guided us to good choices, served us quickly, and efficiently handled the bill. The only disappointments were that there is no New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc on the wine list, and another red wine choice was out of stock. The Tuna Tartare appetizer and Caprese salad did not disappoint. The braised short ribs with cous cous and roasted vegetables were tender and delicious. The salmon and the ravioli were praised by our companions. We need to go back soon!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT Food & SERVICERobert1VIPDined on 6/19/2014The hanger steak and salmon were outstanding. The server, Megan, did a wonderful job making my wife's birthday celebration enjoyable, including an excellent dessert to finish off the evening.Special Features:
- Best scallops I've ever hadThomasDined on 6/18/2014Seriously... the best scallops I've ever had. They were fantastic. My wife and I have been to Taverna a couple of times and its just really great food. The atmosphere is great, the food is fantastic, and the wine list is amazing. This is definitely a new favorite of ours.Special Features:
- dining delight!NeilDined on 6/18/2014Wonderful evening! Dining delight! Cool and sleek ambiance. It was our first time at Taverna. I chose the homemade ravioli dish. The dish was a symphony of flavors blended perfectly together. Beautifully presented as well. We did get a cheese assortment appetizer. Cheese portions were smaller than expected.Special Features:
- Great food Outstanding ServicetavernaDined on 6/14/2014Had a great steak, the atmosphere was lively but not a party. We have been meaning to get to this restaurant for a couple of years now, and were not disappointed with the trip. Staff was great, prices were fair, food was great. I would recommend this to a friend
- Delicious Italian FoodStevenDined on 6/14/2014The mozzarella burrata appetizer served with prosciutto, fig, and ciabatta bread was excellent. A must have. The overall flavors and freshness of the food remind me of Italy and the offering of cocktails was unique, too, though pricey. Wasn't a big fan of where we were seated, but the service was good and the servers were attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED TavernaxmasDined on 6/13/2014Fabulous restaurant...always excellent service and quality food with superior taste. The desserts are unique and homemade. The cookie plate is to die for. Everything is presented so wonderfully!!! A must dinner stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!iluvgoodfoodandgoodwineVIPDined on 6/12/2014Taverna is our "Go to restaurant". Our daughter chose where she would like to go of any restaurant in town and she chose Taverna. And once again, it did not disappoint. Megan is our favorite server. She is so very attentive and seems to know what we want before we do. The food is always excellent and the wine list, which changes regularly, always offers very good options at reasonable prices. I love that I can refer friends to Taverna and know that they will be treated well and have a great meal. Thank you Taverna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Very nice restaurant. I had the chicken fettuccini and the chicken was grilled too much and had a burnt taste to it that was over powering, but the pasta was delicious and the Hanger steak my boyfriend had was perfect. Service was a little slow to start but very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurauntOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I enjoy their brunch, they have unique items (like breakfast pizza and tangerine mimosas) so, its a something different. The service could be better. Long wait times for drinks and the greeting always sucks. Its a running joke that the hostess at Taverna never says anything to you except for "how many?" She then grabs menus, and beelines for a table, plops the menus down and walks away. I have been to tavernna about 5 times now and it is always the same poor hostess experience. Servers are decent. Food is good. So its a "good restaurant" not great or stellar, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service good, too noisyBRKBDined on 6/6/2014The food was good and the service great. Our server was helpful and accommodated special requests. The restaurant was too noisy and hard to have a conversation. We left to have coffee and dessert in a quieter venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK AND FRIES for lunchJAXSYDined on 6/4/2014The steak was excellent but although the fries were delicious, I found them to be a little dry and too many of them, They need to balance the ratio. on this dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablePolkatDined on 6/1/2014From out of state. Looking for a place open on Sunday evening, found Taverna. Enjoyed it very much food and service great would go back again if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSanMarcochoiceDined on 5/31/2014Enjoyed the corn rissotto with shrimp with originally called for scallops, but the chef was agreable yo substitute. Love the selection of Portuguise Port wine as aperitif.Special Features:
- Too loud for conversationteacher2Dined on 5/27/2014Food was good, but not outstanding, service attentive but quite leisurely, did not have requested wine though it was on the menu. Honestly, these things would not have bothered me as much if the music had not been so loud. We had a hard time carrying on conversation.Special Features:
- I love TavernaSanMarcoFoodLoverDined on 5/26/2014Taverna is one of my favorite restaurants. It feels like a neighborhood haunt but with some of the best food in the city. I especially like that they have small dishes and local craft beer choices. Sometimes I make a meal of the sides which are wonderful -- risotto, broccolini, spinach, ... They have the best olive oil for dipping with delicious bread. The cheese plate always offers fabulous choices, like Green Hill a double cream from Sweet Grass Diary -- my all time favorite.Special Features:
- JimmyDined on 5/25/2014Get the citrus beet salad with scallops added. They provide four large scallopsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gourmet FoodplotniDined on 5/23/2014Excellent location, good service and great food. Short Ribs with peas puree and pearl onions are amazing Tomato Bisque to die for Anything here is delicious and amazing. A must when at Jacksonville. Great neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, great food,Taxman1Dined on 5/23/2014This was our second time here and we enjoyed it very much. The food is very good and just the right portion. My wife loves the spinach salad and she added shrimp this time. The shirt ribs were extremely tender and good as we'll. Recommended for two or small groups.Special Features: