1986 San Marco Boulevard
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernasanmarco.com/
- Phone: 9043983005x
- Hours of Operation:
11:00AM - 3:00PM Lunch
5:00PM - 10:00PM Dinner
11:00AM - 3:00PM Lunch
5:00PM - 11:00pm Dinner
10:00AM - 3:00PM Brunch & Lunch
5:00PM - 11:00PM Dinner
10:00AM - 3:00PM Brunch & Lunch
5:00PM - 10:00PM Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Sam Efron
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Taverna
Located in historic San Marco Square, Taverna specializes in handcrafted and Seasonal Italian cuisine. Chef Sam Efron's menus highlight classic Italian flavors while utilizing regional produce and meats, imported ingredients, and house-made pastas and mozzarella. At the bar, Taverna offers handcrafted classic cocktails, local microbrews, and a carefully curated selection of wines from Italy and beyond. Private dining, quick casual lunch service and business lunch deliveries are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Taverna - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (34)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (23)romantic (23)notable wine list (19)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- TritonDined on 10/12/2014Excellent food. Great service. Nice place to celebrate our anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!lucygirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014You have both quality and quantity here. Food was wonderful and definitely ample - we both had to-go bags! My omelette and my husband's breakfast pizza were outstanding. We enjoyed the pastry basket and the bloody mary's. Our server was the best. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Pretty inside, but early on a Saturday night (we were going to a show), with not many open tables, they stuck us at a tiny table next to a wall (read: claustrophobic). Our waitress was sweet, but couldn't answer any ?s about the menu, and later we heard another waiter give specials to his table. We didn't hear about any specials, that was disappointing. The cocktails and appetizer (herbed ricotta) were good. The real problem was with our meals. We got the Risotto and the Orrechiette, both of these meals were extremely over salted, so much so, that we really couldn't eat them. It was a shame for such highly recommended restaurant. All in all, it was a mediocre experience. I probably won't go back-at least not for food.
- Creative and tastyGBRCDined on 10/10/2014Always love the food there. There is a tasty twist to all the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceTaurus98Dined on 9/28/2014It was my first time visiting and the food and service was excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service kills the MoodwesjennisonVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had an otherwise stellar visit to Taverna severely hurt by the service. I'm not sure where the bottleneck was, kitchen or floor service, but it seemed to take forever to get through our brunch and the timing of courses was crushingly s l o w....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smallest Raviolis everBboyermarshallVIPDined on 9/26/2014I ordered the ravioli in the appetizer portion being told there were 4 or 5 raviolis. These were the smallest raviolis I have every seen, maybe an inch diameter. Note that they would have been the same size had I ordered the dinner portion, only more of them. They were so small that I could not taste what was inside.Special Features:
- Great TimeFoodieLuvDined on 9/23/2014The food was very good here. The appetizers were amazing. Great service. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchDaveVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had brunch at Taverna before a Jaguars game. Service was prompt and friendly and the brunch menu had several interesting choices. Food was excellent and the bloody mary was exceptional!Special Features:
- great foodjeffDined on 9/20/2014We traveled far from ponta vedra to go for dinner . well worth the drive. Food was great and worth the money we paid. The only down fall of the night was the parking but that was no fault of the restaurant. We will definitly go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!StirferDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing! The server was very pacient and attentive. The food was served very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at TavernaGingerdog53Dined on 9/14/2014It took a long time to get wine from the bar; gazpacho tasted like ketchup, meatball appetizers Ok, but nothing to write home about. A better election of small plates would be nice.Special Features:
- Great service and food!PleaseDined on 9/13/2014We ordered the steak special and the muscle, clam and shrimp entree! Both were amazing! We also ordered a great Italian wine and even got dessert. It was date night for us and the server respected our privacy but still met our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great front of roommdinflVIPDined on 9/12/2014Discuss food next. Requested outside table which unfortunately could not initially happen. Was seated in the room and later the hostess came to our table and asked if we would like to move outside. Of course we did, pleased that she remembered us. Calamari starter was well seasoned with lots of tentacles. Highlight of the dinner was the smoked chicken over a plethora of fresh vegetables.Special Features:
- Love the breadOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014For a large production, the quality and services are above par in ManhattanSpecial Features:
- Consistently godRobroDined on 9/11/2014Taverna is an excellent venue. Service and food are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at TavernaFoodieJaxVIPDined on 9/9/2014My guest and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. The cobb salads were fantastic and the grilled salmon on top was absolutely delicious. A must place to eat in Jacksonville!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceYumtumDined on 8/31/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. Great service, great food. Highly recommend the lemon ricotta pancakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okay...joopnightVIPDined on 8/30/2014Got a last minute reservation at this beautiful restaurant on Saturday night. The service was not bad. The problem was the food. The options for vegetarians seemed like a lot, but there were taste issues (blandness). The pizza was not good and the orrichette was tasteless. Decor was wonderful and drinks were good and staff were nice. Wouldn't go back though for dinner...but maybe brunch.Special Features:
- San Marco OptionFLFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Very limited menu that seldom changes but each item is perfectly prepared. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatDrizzle1972Dined on 8/29/2014I took my wife to dinner for her birthday. The food was average (for the price); the service was a bit slow and unimpressive. I was surprised to see the waitstaff in t-shirts. They were supposed to surprise my wife with dessert, but that didn't happen. I will give them a second chance in the future; maybe they were having an off night.Special Features:
- reneeDined on 8/29/2014Great table next to the window. Best cheese plate in town!! Great music, not too loud. Wonderful food and service. A great experience!Special Features:
- Awesome Boutique Restaurant!TinaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Taverna is a wonderful place for a casual meal or romantic evening. The food is always excellent and the wine list unique and extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBrainVIPDined on 8/23/2014The evening was enjoyable and the service was notable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well runRonSVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, but a limited menu. Won't please everyone, but our party was satisfied. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceFoodieJaxVIPDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and service. The roast chicken was the best ever! And the pizza was delicious. Will be back once a week if we can.Special Features:
- First time and pleasedSharonInJaxDined on 8/20/2014My son recommended we have dinner here, and I am so glad that he did. The heat of August in Jax made the outdoor dining not an option, but I bet it would be lovely on a cooler, at least less hot day. Food was excellent, specialty drinks were awesome, wine list was tempting, and the service was great. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Food / Service perfection!TomBVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was my girl friend and my first visit to your restaurant and I had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and presented in a very artful and appetizing way. Service was perfect! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Love the food here! If you like Italian.... it's greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Beautiful restaurant with delicious, fresh food and great drinks! One if my favorites in JacksonvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood choiceHeadofHappinessDined on 8/6/2014Taverna is my restaurant gem in my neighborhood. The staff are friendly and attentive without being in your space. The food is consistently great! My favorite is the chef vegetarian special. While I am not a vegetarian, it is always great and different!Special Features:
- One of the best,RRjaxVIPDined on 8/3/2014Brunch was excellent, as is lunch and dinner. It has become one of our new favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We had the hangar steak and sautéed mussels, clams and shrimp dish. Both were great. Will be back to eat those again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodNNNK21Dined on 7/22/2014I've never had a bad or even mediocre meal here. Went for dinner recently and everyone in our group enjoyed their meals. Dessert was excellent and so was our service. Would highly recommend for dinner. Service at lunch is hit or miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for casual but good foodRitaRooDined on 7/15/2014Great drinks menu, asparagus & poached egg appetizer to doe for! Whole fish was a bit dry and service was distinctly lacking. I'd still go back but not if I was under time constraints - despite arriving early, and letting them know we had to be out at a certain time and 3 reminders, we were still waiting for our checks and boxes long after we wanted to be gone.Special Features:
- AwesonePamBDined on 7/9/2014Traverna is a high end foodie italian restaurant. My BFF and I love the entire experience every time we dine there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Outstanding Dinner!FoodieJaxVIPDined on 7/5/2014The grilled salmon entree was perfectly cooked, absolutely fresh, and a generous thick buttery portion with a beautiful vegetable medley that included artichoke hearts, yum ! The vegetarian plate, left to the chef's creation using in season farm to table ingredients was superb ! Our guest's seafood medley and rice was delicious and quickly consumed ! Absolutely fresh and a great dish Taverna is an excellent restaurant... Highly recommended !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2014Our waiter was rude and made us feel like we were imposing on his time.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchRobert1VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food and service were outstanding for my friend's birthday lunch.Special Features:
- The following 495 reviews are from the Taverna reviews archive.
- Great FindDocMarkDined on 6/24/2014We went for our anniversary based on recommendations and we were not disappointed. Located in the heart of San Marco, Taverna is a smallish beautifully decorated restaurant. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating, so you can watch the goings on and dine in comfort. We opted for indoor and had a lovely booth. Our waiter John was mot attentive without being pushy. The corn chowder with scallops was a taste buds delight. Sweet & savory with a hint of heat it made a wonderful start to the evening. The paella made me think I was in Spain again. Shrimp, mussels, chorizo and chicken along with pasta and peas made for a wonderful medley of tastes. The homemade raviolli were also a smash. All in all a magnificent meal!Special Features: