Taverna Opa - West Palm Beach
700 S. Rosemary Ave. @ CityWalk
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Taverna Opa - West Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernaopa.com/westpalmbeach
- Phone: 5618200002
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11;00am - 2:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The beautifully designed main room accommodates groups of up to 200 people and our private room up to 50. Both are an ideal set-up for an unforgettable private dining experience, from corporate events, family gatherings, birthdays, bachelor/bachelorette parties, cocktail receptions, and much more.
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing Nightly, DJ at 10pm Friday and Saturdays, Dance on your tables every night with us!
A word from Taverna Opa - West Palm Beach
Located in the heart of CityPlace, West Palm Beach, this fun-filled Mediterranean hot spot has now opened its doors! Since its launch, Taverna Opa has quickly become the premiere restaurant of choice throughout Florida, bringing you the ultimate entertainment dining experience. With other locations in South Beach, Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, the design of Taverna Opa Palm Beach is entirely new- giving it a fresh, upscale design, decor and menu. The soothing Mediterranean blues against the white-hot decor with touches of imported dark architectural wood adds warmth and elegance. You will feel as if you have just stepped onto the Greek Isles. The open kitchen and wood fire grill adds an intimacy, while choosing from the extensive, fresh, and authentic Greek menu. A unique escape from the ordinary dining experience awaits you, followed by dancing on the tables amongst our bellydancers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taverna Opa - West Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good not GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2013The service was fine, the food was good but, it was not Greek.
- Fun & FabulousVeggieLoverVIPDined on 6/22/2013Lots of fun with traditional Greek entertainment (belly dancers & dancing on the tables is optional) & delicious Greek fare. Loved our waiter David!!!! David realized I wanted to eBay healthy so with our "dip" he brought me cucumbers and my husband the pita-perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non Greek, Greek Resturant?JSS1Dined on 6/10/2013It would be very nice to see & be able to experience more genuinely Greek offerings on this menu.Special Features:
- Best Greek foodbentleyjrtVIPDined on 6/2/2013It he Greek food is some of the best I have had, we usually order the Neptune family platter. We were there on a Sunday night and they said there were two belly dancer show, 6:30 & 8:00, but there was only one show. The family platters are definitely the best thing to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful graduation ceremonyyumyumDined on 5/23/2013thx for treating our 23 guests wonderfully , staff was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food in town!tastetester73Dined on 5/21/2013Hands down, this is the best Greek restaurant in town! They provide amazing food and great service and location! Must try for all special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the outside seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2013Loved the outside seating area - Love City Place....Food was good and service was excellent....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funZeetravelerDined on 5/11/2013We went Saturday before Mother's Day and my wife and kids loved it. The belly dancers were great and very entertaining. The food was substantial and the drinks strong. I recommend it wholeheartedlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service.UnhappyVIPDined on 5/8/2013Our waitress Danny #783 made this a wonderful dining experience
- GreatgreatgreatisatrujDined on 5/4/2013I went there for my birthday with my family and we had a spectacular time! The waiters, staff and the belly dancers were so friendly and amiable. The food was delightful (hummus, spanakopitas, dolmades) and the service was so lovely. We would go back any day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, conversations difficultOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013we love this restaurant and they have fabulous food, however the shows that they have every so often during dinner are VERY loud! We were a group of 6 (all of us around 30 years old) and it pretty much brought our conversation to a halt whenever the show would take place. My husband sat next to me and he couldn't event hear me when I spoke loudly to him. When the show isn't going on, it's loud, but can still talk across the table without too much trouble.Special Features:
- Good food and great service.CyndiDined on 4/21/2013Good food and great service. The belly dancer was fabulous.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/16/2013The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. We chose Taverna Opa because the menu was great for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- MarginalNJTomVIPDined on 4/13/2013more "touristy" than Greek. The food was OK, but as tasty as we expected. Very noisy
- The food was great and theFoodiesVIPDined on 4/10/2013The food was great and the waiter, David, was very efficient and friendly, just like last time we visited West Palm Beach 3 years ago. No complaints, we will go back next time here.Special Features:
- First deceptionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013We (a group of 7) have been at Taverna Opa many times. On Tuesday, the restaurant was far from being full. We must say that we waited a long time for our plates and they were not hot enough. We were so hungry that we did not want to send them back. We also had to get up to advise our server for our bill. Because 3 servers were always chatting together and on our part we found very neglected to compare to the other times we ate at Taverna Opa. All the food was OK except the chicken kebab was dry. It is usally always yummy.Special Features:
- Its a fun place to enjoy everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Its a fun place to enjoy everyone has a great time.Special Features:
- Marginal food, okay servicesickDined on 3/28/2013Marginal food, okay service and a belly dancer who only recognized those who tipped well!Special Features:
- Great Greek MediterraneanJaneDined on 3/20/2013Great Greek Mediterranean salad. Great service. Good place to stop for lunch anytime or after shopping at City Place.Special Features:
- Hummus was excellent! HadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2013Hummus was excellent! Had salmon salad from lunch menu. Very large piece and salad was tasty.Special Features:
- what does Fit for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013what does Fit for Foodies mean???? Had a blast, Great to bring guests. Been there several times with out of town Greek family members and they all love it.Special Features:
- Delicious and plentiful. TooOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2013Delicious and plentiful. Too noisy for old folk.fun experience and good quality food. Will go back with whole familySpecial Features:
- Always a great spot. FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Always a great spot. Fun atmosphere and good people watching.Special Features:
- Food was very good. EasyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2013Food was very good. Easy to share and expand your experience! Belly dancer was alot of fun and entertaining.Special Features:
- The food was really good.lisaVIPDined on 2/16/2013The food was really good. Very plentiful, if you are into quantity. We felt rushed. Service isnt all that, but not the waiters fault, they are moving really fast. Would try it again on a quieter night.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placepoppaluggyVIPDined on 2/15/2013One of our favorite place to dine in city place. THe food and service are great The humus is unbelieveableSpecial Features:
- We went for my boyfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013We went for my boyfriends birthday on a Wednesday night and our waiter was great! We order the Aphrodite platter for two that included calamari appetizer, salad, two kabobs with rice and veggies and included dessert. The food was phenomenal and quick to come out. Our waiter was very attentive. The only thing I would say is that the chicken cabob was a little dry, but the beef one was delicious. I would also recommend the baklava! I used a groupon and with that the price was a great deal for the food we got. My boyfriend loved his birthday dinner and we are defintely coming back.Special Features:
- memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013We asked for a quiet table and were given one. There was a belly dancer, even though it was a Tuesday night and she was not advertised as being there on a Tuesday night. That was fun. We ordered the special and it was excellent; the portion size was very generous. We would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- consistently fine food BellynacmanDined on 1/26/2013consistently fine food Belly dancers were entertainingSpecial Features:
- Food was good. Waiter waspbkaDined on 1/8/2013Food was good. Waiter was new and a little inexperienced but still did an adequate job.Special Features:
- Greek food gone wildDKCTDined on 1/7/2013Greek food for eating. Belly dancing and staff show for entertainment. Not the best Greek food but if you are looking for a fun time with some Greek flavors thrown in, this is the place.Special Features:
- Nothing too sprecial - expensiveDisappointedVIPDined on 12/26/2012Nothing too sprecial - expensive - meat platter and greek salad are best choices
- Fun spot and food was great!DebborVIPDined on 12/22/2012Fun spot and food was great! We would definitely return. Loved the belly dancing!Special Features:
- The food is always cookednacmanDined on 12/19/2012The food is always cooked to order with plenty to eat. It always beats the strip mall Tavernas.Special Features:
- Food and service are alwaysJakeVIPDined on 11/28/2012Food and service are always good. Love the Octopus especially.Special Features:
- lots of fun...the belly dancerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012lots of fun...the belly dancer amazed my grandchildren and the "opa" shouts were hystericalSpecial Features:
- Great food and if you areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Great food and if you are looking for a fun experience, this is it. The only problem is if you want to have a conversation, forget it. Like I said great fun but very...very loud.Special Features:
- We had a great time andpbitateamDined on 9/15/2012We had a great time and the staff was very attentive!Special Features:
- Great Greek food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2012Very good food. The flaming cheese, octopus, salad and lamb chops were all perfect. Presentation was excellent. Temperature of food was good and service was prompt and efficient and allowed us to make our show on time.. Salad comes with stuffed grape leaves and plenty of feta cheese. Dressing was just right and not overbearing.Special Features:
- Someone should have advisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2012Someone should have advised that on Saturday nights - up until 9:30 PM - this restaurant has birthday parties for teenagers. They intermittently blast Greek music - everyone gets up and dances around the place and then most of the teens stand on table - girls screaming. We were a party of 4 and did not want to eat outside as it was too hot, and so for most of the evening could not carry on a coversation. Whether or not we enjoyed the food and drink - the experience was greatly diminished.