Taverna Opa - Mary Brickell Village
900 South Miami Avenue
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Taverna Opa - Mary Brickell Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tavernaopa.com/BrickellVillage/info
- Phone: (305) 673-6730
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Belly dancing and live DJ.
A word from Taverna Opa - Mary Brickell Village
The combination of great food and celebration created a new meaning for the concept of dining. A different approach that energizes and gives the diner a different dimension for his or her entertainment. Previous dining norms are broken, spirits are lifted, with evey single broken plate and every single napkin in the air. The marriage of traditional with modern is what Taverna Opa promotes as the most rapidly expanding concept in the United States.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taverna Opa - Mary Brickell Village reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fun Greek Food!JoeyVIPDined on 9/6/2013Visited the Mary Brickell - Opa and what a true surprise. The food was amazing and the service could not have been nicer responding flawlessly to our never ending requests...LOL The food was execllent....ordered the Miami Spice lunch. Go wth the Mediterranean salad as appetizer....probably the best this side of Athens. The entree was also very tasty.... Mousaka, a "lasagna" looking dish, but made with eggplant. Lastly, the dessert was to just lay back and endulge...don't miss the Galaktoboureko. Coming back soon!Special Features:
- Great food and service. AnANthonyDined on 8/19/2013Great food and service. An awesome place to dine. One of our favorites !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013the food was very good, specially the lamb. Nice wine list and service. But it's very close to the nightclubs so it's a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchGoodBrunchDined on 7/14/2013We had an excellent Sunday Brunch, great Greek food and salad. Nice patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taverna Opa Great Food and FunOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013We enjoyed dinner for two, enjoyed watching the patrons join the belly dancing. The food was actually better than I expected. The service was good,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT EXPECT THE ATMOSPHEREOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013DO NOT EXPECT THE ATMOSPHERE AS BEFORE WHEN THEY WERE LOCATED IN OCEAN DRIVE. THE WAITER WAS LOST AND THE FOOD WAS NOT AS GOOD AS IN THE LAST LOCATION. VERY DISSAPOINTED; I HOPE THE ORIGINAL TAVERNA OPA IN HOLLYWOOD STILL THE SAME.
- I always enjoy the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2013I always enjoy the food and the taste is unbeatable. However, I did notice that the combo platters had less food than I remember.
- We were visiting Miami andfoodie4lifeVIPDined on 2/9/2013We were visiting Miami and was recommended to go here by a friend. It was delicious. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- poor service, staff was notOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013poor service, staff was not friendly, took 1 hour to get our check, no refills on our water
- A lot of fun but really loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012A lot of fun but really loud. The music was great and the waitstaff were all very nice.Special Features:
- I have been to several TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012I have been to several Taverna Opa's and this wasn't my favorite. We went there for my birthday with around 8 people and the service was non-existent and the food was decent, compared to some other locations (for example in Atlanta). Probably won't be back for food but the bar scene isn't bad, especially since they offer free drink coupons for ladies.Special Features:
- The only problem is you havemwb146Dined on 8/31/2012The only problem is you have to scream at people you are eating with after 9pmSpecial Features:
- Still searching for good Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2012The food is mediocre, the belly dancing is.... offensive in a Greek restaurant. It's an Arab / Turkish thing and the only Greek women who would have engaged in it would have been forced to do so by their Turkish owners during the 500 years of slavery under the Ottomans. I tried it twice, just in case... the food actually got worse. Save your money.
- Great food - strange serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012I came here with a friend during the Grand Opening promotional week for dinner. We were treated like VIPs that night! The portions were enormous! The manager, Mel, came over and introduced himself as well and thanks us for coming which was a nice tough. Our server was clearly new. She was still learning the menu, which is understandable, but had very little experience in terms of taking care of the table. I hate saying this but she was over attentive. She would come up every 5-8 minutes to ask how everything was, replace our forks (mid way through the entree --weird?) and refresh the bread. normally this would be a nice but it was very intrusive to the conversation we were having that we weren't able to enjoy dinner as much as we wanted toSpecial Features: