Elmwood Park, NJ 07407Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernamykonos.com/
- Phone: (201) 703-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays - Thursdays: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Fridays: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturdays: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sundays: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering menu and delivery!
- Special Events: Special Occasions - Corporate Functions - Meetings
A word from Taverna Mykonos
Taverna Mykonos serves traditional Taverna cuisine in a colorful atmosphere, featuring fresh Mediterranean food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreek
Taverna Mykonos - Best Restaurants in Elmwood Park ›
Taverna Mykonos reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (17)good for groups (9)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- accountant7Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent as always, one of my favorite restaurants, I have never had a bad meal their.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceTPKREDined on 11/1/2014The service was very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent. My dining companion remarked that her swordfish was the best she had ever had. I had been here numerous times but this was her first visit and she was not disappointed. We definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!RoxyDined on 10/28/2014The food and service are excellent! We received a complimentary glass of champagne as it was our anniversary! The staff is very friendly. It is an upscale yet comfortable (not stuffy) atmosphere. The Greek Merlot was Wonderful!!! The portions are generous but not over the top. The menu selection was great. There is something for everyone. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- LOVE!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We were excited to find a place that had Greek wine - the same we had on our honeymoon in Santorini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysshelstanVIPDined on 10/25/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/24/2014Last Friday I took a close friend to Taverna Mykonos for her first time. A reluctant fish eater, she was convinced to try the lavraki, which I order every time I go. It never disappoints and sure enough, my friend is now a committed fan. As always, the ambience, service and food were terrific, which is why I return over and over again.Special Features:
- Thursday Dinner OutQueeniePeavyDined on 10/23/2014First time here with in-laws. Grilled octopus and Greek salad for starters. Bronzini, colossal shrimp and lamb chops for dinner. We loved it all. Nick, our server, was attentive, friendly and professional. Chocolate Heaven was devine. Cocktails poured to the top and lovely wine list. We will be back.Special Features:
- ADKpersonDined on 10/10/2014The salad was fresh, the meal was authentic.....family is friendly. Enjoyed the meal
- Always excellent!KenJVIPDined on 10/7/2014I dine here semi-regularly for lunch w/ a close friend. Yesterday, another friend joined us & as always, the food & service were of the highest quality. Whether for business or pleasure, the owner Nico & his staff always deliver an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place off the gridNJfoodDined on 10/2/2014We recently had special occasion dinner at Taverna Mykonos , a local place that we hadn't visit before. We enjoyed every minute - the deco is very nice, and the service is superb. We (4) ordered 2 apps : Chopped salad and fried Calamari - good, and 3 different main dishes - Mousaka : WOW!, Seafood over pasta - great, Chicken Souvlaki - very good beside the liqueur that wasn't so good, we enjoyed the dinner very much pricing however, are in the High side, so not for a too frequent visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Very GoodNvonSDined on 10/2/2014Good food, good service and good prices, so close to home. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014I have been here on a few occasions and the food is excellent. This last time I went the service was not so great and it was quite noisy. I would definitely go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceHungryhVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food and good service. Nick and crew do it right!Special Features:
- Local gemjezzVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have always got a warm welcome when we ate here. Everything is beyond great, except the location which is not where you would expect to find a restaurant this good. Not a bad location per set, just different. Food and decor are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greenthumbgreenthumbDined on 8/22/2014Been here many times now, lunch and dinner. Every time the food has been exceptional. Service is very good and nobody rushes you to leave. I've recommended it to many friends, who all have loved it. This time I had a lamb shank, never had before, it was wonderful.Special Features:
- ChrisVIPDined on 8/20/2014Modern design, delicious food, dedicated staff! Top notch in all ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchmemoriallunchDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time for a Saturday lunch for 17 people. The tables were set wonderfully so that guests could speak with one another and the menu was spectacular, including for 3 children. Everyone present enjoyed the choices and the food was prepared hot and the various dishes were outstanding. The service was extremely good and particular attention was given to every guest by 3 servers. The luncheon was a special gift from a special friend after a funeral memorial service for an old friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't miss itdotmornobDined on 8/8/2014Five Stars in all categories , even the typical candle in cake for a birthday celebration was Great !Special Features:
- Will go backJennygirl578Dined on 8/1/2014We found our anniversary tradition the place was amazing wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gdr124Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful choice! Great job by staff making everyone feel welcome. The fish is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 424 reviews are from the Taverna Mykonos reviews archive.
- Sun, Sex, & Souvlaki!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Came here for lunch yesterday during the nice sunny day with my wife. We started off with this delicious drink called Sex in Santorini. Wow, we two cocktails each before we opened a tasty Greek wine from their huge selection of wine. We met Nick the owner, and he recommend we try the octopus which was out of this world. We also ate the spreads..mmmmmmmmm.....I had a whole fish the Black Sea Bass and my wife at the copper river sockeye salmon, my son had the chicken souvlaki which i had i bite too. The dishes were very tasty and I highly recommend them when you go. We had chocolate heaven, and ekmeak for dessert with some Greek coffee. P.S..I love the pillows in the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodLocalVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our 6th visit to this restaurant, as it is located within walking distance to our home. The atmosphere is excellent, great design ambience. The staff are extremely well trained and professional. Food hasn't always been consistent. I had the Red Snapper special and found it was a little dry, while my wife had another fish special, that was drowning in oil. Overall, I still have to give good grades to this local restaurant, as I know they have done better and let's just chalk this up to a bad day. We will see the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish flown in dailybmorgensVIPDined on 7/23/2014The Livraki is always outstanding as are all of their fish dishes. We have been coming here since they opened (was trhere 2 weeks ago). Our only complaint is that we used to be served warm Pita, Olives & Greek olive oil but it looks like Nick is cutting down. We realize that food costs are going up but our guests on both occassions made a note that they were not happy about this.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good in all respectssensibleeatsDined on 7/22/2014We came here for seafood and we were not disappointed. The menu had a large selection of fish-based dishes, including whole fish (changes with what is available). Started with a split of the golden beet salad (very nice) and then soft shell crabs and Chilean sea bass, both very nicely done. Prices are a bit on the high side for New Jersey, so it won't be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantaccountant7Dined on 7/19/2014As always Taverna Mykonos was outstanding, from being able to change a reseat the last minute to the greeting upon arrival and that the tabl we prefer was ready for us. the service was excellent, the food outstanding, definitely one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food great servicewhiskey2disDined on 7/12/2014The keftedes are phenomenal and the Lamb shank out of this world! Have never had any issues with any of the other menu items all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitjeanwashere2010Dined on 7/12/2014Have been eating here many times and have never been disappointed. Staff is very friendly and the tables are always full. Specials change often and are always worth trying. If you don't want to valet park you can always park across the street in the K Mart lot.Special Features:
- fresh and filling!HungryhVIPDined on 7/10/2014if the fish were any fresher it would only be because i caught it on the way into the restaurant...great as always!Special Features:
- jefflaw567VIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites, and it never dissapoints. Food and service are first rate.Special Features:
- Fresh FishRealtorDined on 7/4/2014Very good food. Attentative waiter.Beet salad was nice. Fish was cooked perfect. Coffee fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have the magic formula fishbmorgensVIPDined on 6/28/2014Whenever we are in town this restaurant is a must and we've been coming since it opened. Every meal has been excellent with perfect service. The preparation of their fish is magical. From the start of the valet service to the Greek cookies that they bring to the table at the end of the meal,you will have a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Mykonos delightGradintsa1Dined on 6/20/2014Definitely NOT at 'pastitsio/moussaka' Greek restaurant ... Everything on the menu was delicious and beautifully presented. The octopus was yummy ... Not at all tough or chewy! The 'Lavraki' was outstanding! Greek desserts were authentically different ... Absolutely try the rice pudding and Ekmek! It was our anniversary and our waiter helped make the evening extra special...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticaccountant7Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent Food/Excellent Service/ Always an enjoyable experience/I highly recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:
- jmcanjjmcaDined on 6/7/2014Excellent place that remains my favorite in the area. Everything here id done simply RIGHT.Special Features:
- Family Oriented fine Greek DiningTedPDined on 6/7/2014From the moment you walk into Mykonos you feel welcomed. Caesar the Maitre'D grrets every guest and Nico the Manager (owner's son) makes you feel like you've come home. The food is fresh and delicious and the service is excellent. From the fried Calamari, the Harvest Gold Beet Salad, the variety of fresh fish served fileted to the soft shell crabs that I enjoyed... Fabulous deserts and of course Greek Coffee .Everything was perfect. Thank you Myconos for a wonderful dining experience..... We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- bernVIPDined on 6/4/2014The food and service is outstanding. A little pricey, but the quality is excellent. I look foward to returning for anther great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food if a bit priceymisheeleeDined on 6/3/2014The run-down: - Food was pretty good, at average dinner-time prices (roughly $26/entree) but watch out, it adds up pretty quickly...the fried calamari was very good, though. - Didn't try drinks, so can't vouch for them - Ambiance is definitely better than you'd think it would be from the outside, but decor is the slightest bit tacky. Mood lighting is okay though without being too dark. - Maybe it was because we went on a Tuesday night but there were only a handful of other tables with customers (not personally familiar with the neighborhood) - Servers were very friendly and helpful, manager(?) personally went around to the different tables to make sure everyone was okay. All things considered, I guess I'd recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014We have been there several times and have never been disappointed. All of our party had fish, and all were extremely pleased. Ambiednce is nice and service very attentive and pleasant. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Outstanding ServiceUziCarrollVIPDined on 5/31/2014I dined at the Taverna Mykonos on Saturday with a group of 7 people and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The menu included many standard and not-so-standard Greek dishes, and seafood eaters, meat eaters, and vegetarians were all able to find something special just for them. One of our companions uses an electric wheelchair and the restaurant was among the most accessible we have visited. The restrooms easily accommodated the large wheelchair which is often not the case. Most important, everyone on staff made us feel as if we were guests in their home. It was clear that they were proud of the restaurant and loved working there and this meant a lot to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Great restaurant! Food was prepared with the right amount of seasoning and the presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.