Elmwood Park, NJ 07407Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernamykonos.com/
- Phone: 2017039200x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays - Thursdays: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Fridays: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturdays: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sundays: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering menu and delivery!
- Special Events: Special Occasions - Corporate Functions - Meetings
A word from Taverna Mykonos
Taverna Mykonos serves traditional Taverna cuisine in a colorful atmosphere, featuring fresh Mediterranean food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Taverna Mykonos - Best Restaurants in Elmwood Park ›
Taverna Mykonos reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (23)good for groups (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a great experienceHungryhVIPDined on 8/30/2014Good food and good service. Nick and crew do it right!Special Features:
- Local gemjezzVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have always got a warm welcome when we ate here. Everything is beyond great, except the location which is not where you would expect to find a restaurant this good. Not a bad location per set, just different. Food and decor are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greenthumbgreenthumbDined on 8/22/2014Been here many times now, lunch and dinner. Every time the food has been exceptional. Service is very good and nobody rushes you to leave. I've recommended it to many friends, who all have loved it. This time I had a lamb shank, never had before, it was wonderful.Special Features:
- ChrisVIPDined on 8/20/2014Modern design, delicious food, dedicated staff! Top notch in all ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group LunchmemoriallunchDined on 8/9/2014We had a wonderful time for a Saturday lunch for 17 people. The tables were set wonderfully so that guests could speak with one another and the menu was spectacular, including for 3 children. Everyone present enjoyed the choices and the food was prepared hot and the various dishes were outstanding. The service was extremely good and particular attention was given to every guest by 3 servers. The luncheon was a special gift from a special friend after a funeral memorial service for an old friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't miss itdotmornobDined on 8/8/2014Five Stars in all categories , even the typical candle in cake for a birthday celebration was Great !Special Features:
- Will go backJennygirl578Dined on 8/1/2014We found our anniversary tradition the place was amazing wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gdr124Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful choice! Great job by staff making everyone feel welcome. The fish is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sun, Sex, & Souvlaki!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Came here for lunch yesterday during the nice sunny day with my wife. We started off with this delicious drink called Sex in Santorini. Wow, we two cocktails each before we opened a tasty Greek wine from their huge selection of wine. We met Nick the owner, and he recommend we try the octopus which was out of this world. We also ate the spreads..mmmmmmmmm.....I had a whole fish the Black Sea Bass and my wife at the copper river sockeye salmon, my son had the chicken souvlaki which i had i bite too. The dishes were very tasty and I highly recommend them when you go. We had chocolate heaven, and ekmeak for dessert with some Greek coffee. P.S..I love the pillows in the booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodLocalVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our 6th visit to this restaurant, as it is located within walking distance to our home. The atmosphere is excellent, great design ambience. The staff are extremely well trained and professional. Food hasn't always been consistent. I had the Red Snapper special and found it was a little dry, while my wife had another fish special, that was drowning in oil. Overall, I still have to give good grades to this local restaurant, as I know they have done better and let's just chalk this up to a bad day. We will see the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish flown in dailybmorgensVIPDined on 7/23/2014The Livraki is always outstanding as are all of their fish dishes. We have been coming here since they opened (was trhere 2 weeks ago). Our only complaint is that we used to be served warm Pita, Olives & Greek olive oil but it looks like Nick is cutting down. We realize that food costs are going up but our guests on both occassions made a note that they were not happy about this.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good in all respectssensibleeatsDined on 7/22/2014We came here for seafood and we were not disappointed. The menu had a large selection of fish-based dishes, including whole fish (changes with what is available). Started with a split of the golden beet salad (very nice) and then soft shell crabs and Chilean sea bass, both very nicely done. Prices are a bit on the high side for New Jersey, so it won't be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantaccountant7Dined on 7/19/2014As always Taverna Mykonos was outstanding, from being able to change a reseat the last minute to the greeting upon arrival and that the tabl we prefer was ready for us. the service was excellent, the food outstanding, definitely one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food great servicewhiskey2disDined on 7/12/2014The keftedes are phenomenal and the Lamb shank out of this world! Have never had any issues with any of the other menu items all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitjeanwashere2010Dined on 7/12/2014Have been eating here many times and have never been disappointed. Staff is very friendly and the tables are always full. Specials change often and are always worth trying. If you don't want to valet park you can always park across the street in the K Mart lot.Special Features:
- fresh and filling!HungryhVIPDined on 7/10/2014if the fish were any fresher it would only be because i caught it on the way into the restaurant...great as always!Special Features:
- jefflaw567Dined on 7/5/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites, and it never dissapoints. Food and service are first rate.Special Features:
- Fresh FishRealtorDined on 7/4/2014Very good food. Attentative waiter.Beet salad was nice. Fish was cooked perfect. Coffee fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have the magic formula fishbmorgensVIPDined on 6/28/2014Whenever we are in town this restaurant is a must and we've been coming since it opened. Every meal has been excellent with perfect service. The preparation of their fish is magical. From the start of the valet service to the Greek cookies that they bring to the table at the end of the meal,you will have a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Mykonos delightGradintsa1Dined on 6/20/2014Definitely NOT at 'pastitsio/moussaka' Greek restaurant ... Everything on the menu was delicious and beautifully presented. The octopus was yummy ... Not at all tough or chewy! The 'Lavraki' was outstanding! Greek desserts were authentically different ... Absolutely try the rice pudding and Ekmek! It was our anniversary and our waiter helped make the evening extra special...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticaccountant7Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent Food/Excellent Service/ Always an enjoyable experience/I highly recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:
- jmcanjjmcaDined on 6/7/2014Excellent place that remains my favorite in the area. Everything here id done simply RIGHT.Special Features:
- Family Oriented fine Greek DiningTedPDined on 6/7/2014From the moment you walk into Mykonos you feel welcomed. Caesar the Maitre'D grrets every guest and Nico the Manager (owner's son) makes you feel like you've come home. The food is fresh and delicious and the service is excellent. From the fried Calamari, the Harvest Gold Beet Salad, the variety of fresh fish served fileted to the soft shell crabs that I enjoyed... Fabulous deserts and of course Greek Coffee .Everything was perfect. Thank you Myconos for a wonderful dining experience..... We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- bernVIPDined on 6/4/2014The food and service is outstanding. A little pricey, but the quality is excellent. I look foward to returning for anther great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food if a bit priceymisheeleeDined on 6/3/2014The run-down: - Food was pretty good, at average dinner-time prices (roughly $26/entree) but watch out, it adds up pretty quickly...the fried calamari was very good, though. - Didn't try drinks, so can't vouch for them - Ambiance is definitely better than you'd think it would be from the outside, but decor is the slightest bit tacky. Mood lighting is okay though without being too dark. - Maybe it was because we went on a Tuesday night but there were only a handful of other tables with customers (not personally familiar with the neighborhood) - Servers were very friendly and helpful, manager(?) personally went around to the different tables to make sure everyone was okay. All things considered, I guess I'd recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014We have been there several times and have never been disappointed. All of our party had fish, and all were extremely pleased. Ambiednce is nice and service very attentive and pleasant. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Outstanding ServiceUziCarrollDined on 5/31/2014I dined at the Taverna Mykonos on Saturday with a group of 7 people and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The menu included many standard and not-so-standard Greek dishes, and seafood eaters, meat eaters, and vegetarians were all able to find something special just for them. One of our companions uses an electric wheelchair and the restaurant was among the most accessible we have visited. The restrooms easily accommodated the large wheelchair which is often not the case. Most important, everyone on staff made us feel as if we were guests in their home. It was clear that they were proud of the restaurant and loved working there and this meant a lot to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Great restaurant! Food was prepared with the right amount of seasoning and the presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like2eatHMVanDined on 5/30/2014Overall the food was good, could have deboned a little better, but chef was a little heavy handed with the salt. The grilled Octopus appetizer was excellent. Sorbet was closer to Italian Ices than sorbet and not enough flavor of fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 403 reviews are from the Taverna Mykonos reviews archive.
- Never a DisapointmentRJ0420Dined on 5/24/2014Taverna Mykonos never disappoints. The food is always wonderful, as is the service as is the general atmosphere. They do everything each and every time to make sure your experience is wonderful. How lovely to find a restaurant where they consistently care about making the diners experience perfect. That is why we return time and time again and will continue to. Rivals the best NYC restaurants we also frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 5/17/2014We've been to Taverna Mykonos two times. Each time the service and food were outstanding. The décor and ambience are also well suited for a dinner for two as well as a larger group.Special Features:
- Great serviceJaynoDined on 5/15/2014I booked a reservation for a diverse group of 4 - wheelchair bound, vegetarian, only eats one kind of food, foodie. All were pleased with the food, but most remarkable was the service. We were shown quickly to a suitable table for our special needs lady, who's birthday it was. Food came quickly, water and bread refilled attentively, manager checked in to see if we had everything we needed. The staff even brought a dessert with candle at the end of the meal and sang Happy Birthday. I'm glad I took a chance on this place and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fresh food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2014The best Greek food in the area, no doubt. The food is always tasty and fresh, great décor, and wonderful service. The Greek white wine is delish!Special Features:
- Mother's day dinnerfoodianDined on 5/11/2014Reservation was ready and waiting for my wife and I. Service was excellent. If you have a large appetite, you might do well to start with the appetizers of which there are quite a variety, ranging from simple olives/cheese, to octopus, to several dips. The entrees are not gigantic, so my impression is that you should think more in food courses and try some of everything. The food arrives promptly and is exquisitely prepared. I had chilean sea bass. The delicacy of the fish was preserved because it was cooked to perfection. My wife had a standard gyro entree but she said it was excellent. Due to an accidental mishap, the restaurant comped us a dessert--a rich mousse-like custard on a bed of shredded baklava(?)and honey. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!!DianeSilvaDined on 5/11/2014A great restaurant if you enjoy Mediterranean food. and will measure up to the upscale Varka in Ramsey, and best of all it is a bit easier on the wallet. Smaller scale than some of it's competitors, it is beautifully decorated and the service was impeccable. The grilled Octopus as appetizer is a must, and I highly recommend the whole fish selection.. I ordered the Black Sea Bass and it was delightful. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I usually never eat out...CooofnjDined on 5/10/2014but I'm glad I did at Taverna Mykonos. We don't eat out much as I am a good cook and I frankly find very few restaurants that provide us with anything better than we can make at home. Mykonos definitely does. The service was friendly without being pushy, and our table was bussed appropriately, with dishes discretely removed as needed. The food was outstanding - of special note is the feta cheese on the cheese plate appetizer. Vladimir, our server, said it was from the family's home in Sparta, and it was so different - and much better than - any other feta I have had. My fish (red snapper) and my husband's lamb shank were perfectly cooked and flavorful. Valet service was a little hectic, but other than that, the evening was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!NvonSDined on 5/9/2014We are lucky to live a few minutes from this delicious restaurant. I love the octopus appetizer. The filet souvlaki special with risotto was delicious and the dessert called Night in Greece was perfect. We have been with a group and it's fun to try all of the delicious Greek specialties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodRonnie207Dined on 5/2/2014We know when we go to Taverna Mykonos that we will be treated well, we'll eat well, and we'll be back. What more could you want from a restaurant?
- The Greek Conquest.dotmornobDined on 4/26/2014The food was outstanding and the service attentive and efficient. The mussels appetizer was a great meal in itself ! They even made rice pudding into a GREAT dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. EXCELLENT FOOD, GREAT SERVICE, GREAT DRINKS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.