Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taverna750.com/
- Phone: 7739047466
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday
6:00pm - 11:00pm (kitchen until 10pm)
Tuesday - Thursday
6:00pm - 12:00am (kitchen until 11pm)
6:00pm - 2:00am (late night menu 11pm - 1:30am)
6:00pm - 3:00am (late night menu 11pm - 1:30am)
11:00am - 3:00pm (Pizza/Salads 3:00pm-6:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Halsted
- Public Transit: Red line (Addison or Belmont stop), Brown (Belmont stop) and purple line (Belmont stop).
Addison (152), Belmont (77), Broadway (36), Clark Street (22), Halsted (8), Sheridan (151), Claredon/LaSalle Express (135), Sheridan/LaSalle Expres (136), Wilson/Michigan Ave Express (145), Inner Drive / Michigan Ave Express (146)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Onstreet parking only, parking on Halsted Street and Cornelia Avenue is free after 9 pm. Ample taxis on Halsted Street.
A word from Taverna 750
Taverna 750 is the best of old school Italian with a contemporary flair. Paul D. Cannella's was inspired by Grandfather Paul J. Loverde's and Uncle Chuckie Abruzzini's classic Italian recipes from their restaurant on Grand Avenue from the 40's to the 60's. All of the entrees will be small plates, meant for sharing at the table. Most are less than $10 and the martinis include a sidecar. Bottom line is that Taverna is an extremely great value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Taverna 750 reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (73)neighborhood gem (67)great for brunch (51)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (40)hot spot (37)romantic (34)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (20)great for lunch (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great Date SpotFrankDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the tapas style Italian plates, great cocktails too. I enjoyed the service, the quality of food, and the desserts were tasty also. I would suggest this place for a romantic date, or a nice night out to dinner with a few friends.Special Features:
- NeighborDined on 8/20/2014Awesome little restaurant just off of Halsted. Cocktails are fantastic and food is outstanding.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014The brunch was absolutely amazing and the service was great!Special Features:
- BrunchLilGayAfgDined on 8/17/2014Service has picked back up. Still struggling in the kitchen. Menu options dropped to only six brunch options for the mimosa brunch. Waiters and staff are on point and friendly. Food wasn't the best I've had but wasn't the worst either. Maybe better if it wasn't a large group?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLounickDined on 8/15/2014Have been here many times. Food quality has been declining significantly of late. Last 2 meals have been mostly disappointing. Drinks remain creative, fun, tasty and unique. Sat outside as there had been some type of fan malfunction in the kitchen and the dining room was filled with smoke when we arrived. Group of 6, comfortable on the nice patio. Food we shared was consistently poor from their revamped menu. Hold-over mozzarella sticks in philo with honey and walnuts was good as were the brussel sprouts and roasted cauliflower. Chicken marsala had virtually no marsala flavor, short ribs were bland and strangely tough, clams and mussels were tiny and just not good. Hope they can figure out where they have gone wrong and fix things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like Kings & Queens!LouBDined on 8/3/2014Love the place. Service was top notch. Will be back on our next visits to Chicago.Special Features:
- Great Brunch VenueUrbanDozerDined on 8/3/2014My mother was visiting from Massachusetts and I took her and 6 of my closest friends to brunch here this past Sunday. We had a marvelous time and the service was fantastic. For groups of 8 or more you have to pick from a smaller food menu which is unfortunate but the food is still very good and you can't beat the price for what is included. You definitely leave here typsey! We had a lot of fun and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Cute italian tapas in boystownAnastasiaVIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Taverna 750. Its got the perfect combination of food, strong drinks, romantic atmosphere and a vibrant bar scene. I have been here on dates, bachelorette parties and birthday celebrations and had a great time every time. The side car that comes with your martini is also very clutch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Usually Great But Hamburger Buns Are Not What You Use For Eggs Benedict! At least tell us.Special Features:
- Decent Neighborhood JointViewChicagoDined on 7/25/2014Decent neighborhood joint. Love the location. Love the sidewalk cafe. Interior is amateur and decorated so 2007. Food is likewise amateur for Chicago standards but is fine. Don't come here for three stars dining but rather 'cause it's in the hood or it's a beautiful summer eve and you want to eat on a sidewalk cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wouldn't go againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014We have been wanting to try this neighborhood spot and really were hoping it would be good. The outside seating was great but the food was pretty lackluster. We won't be back again.Special Features:
- AwfulCPLDDined on 7/18/2014Service was terrible. An hour without food, so we paid for the drunks and left. Don't go here.Special Features:
- Quality Food Near Wrigleyjjs2013Dined on 7/18/2014Great spot for higher-end food near Wrigley. Tapas / family style. Lots of interesting dishes. Flash fried brussel sprouts were such a big hit at our table, we placed a 2nd order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, what am I missing?CrankyOldWhiteGuyVIPDined on 7/13/2014I want to like this place, but two visits have been disasters. First time, dinner, we were obviously keeping the waiter from something more important and half the tapas style dishes arrived cold (not dishes traditionally served cold). It took forever to get the check. This week, we tried brunch. We ordered coffee - not interested in getting tipsy on mimosas and martinis at 12N - which was undrinkable after stirred with forks since the waiter didn't bring spoons. I ordered French toast and the bread was amazingly dry - how one accomplishes that with French toast is a mystery. My partner's meal, breakfast Mac & Cheese, arrived cold. Cold pasta, dry French toast, and undrinkable coffee -not a successful second visit. We won't be back.
- Cocktail CenteredandyjoDined on 7/12/2014Generous pours on cocktails and delicious little bites to pop in your mouth make this a fun place post-game, pre-theater or any-night-of-the-week when you want to get out of the house and stroll the neighborhood. Friendly, convivial and a bit loud. The outdoor dining makes you feel like you're enjoying the best of summer.Special Features:
- Could have been 4 Star...butOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014We really loved the food and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. But, service was incredibly slow. We were there on a Saturday and the place was full. It seemed like they had a lot of wait staff but both the bar and the kitchen were very slow--only one bartendar for an obvisously drinking crowd and apparently the kitchen was not keeping pace with the full room. We heard a number of others customers complaining about the slow service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Love this place! Best brunch in Chicago. Great service and staff! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with friendsPrestonJohnsonDined on 7/6/2014Last minute choice... Glad we were able to get in! Everything is fantastic! Brunch menu is fun, especially the martinis! Dined for dinner once, was great as well... Many fun small hearty dishes to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef - we're disappointed!Helena26Dined on 7/1/2014Our 1st time in Taverna750 was a delicious dinner!!!! Every dish was very good! We went again on my husband BDay and we ordered the same as the previous time but it taste nothing like before!!! They had a new chef, the food was tasteless, no salt, rissoto was a over cooked rice with some watery sous... We're very disappointed ! I have to say that the cocktails are perfect each time! The service is very good, the waiters was really nice and understanding.Special Features:
- Good food, GREAT drinksBBXXIVDined on 6/20/2014Food and ambience was very good, but the Bar program here is outstanding. 4 for early dinner (6:30pm). Exceptionally friendly service. Small plates were generally very good with some bordering on exceptional. Only real miss for us was the Port & Polenta - the texture was like baby food. Everything else was really delightful.Special Features:
- Good PlaceOpenTableVetVIPDined on 6/13/2014This is a good spot for a late night meal, especially if you can sit outside. The menu is not very expansive, but we had the Herb and Artichoke Pizza, the bruschetta, and the mushroom risotto. The wine list is very limited and they were out of a couple of bottles. The wait staff is enthusiastic and very attentive. IF you happen to be on Halsted you could do a lot worse.Special Features:
- Nice spot in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/12/2014The food was not amazing, but the atmosphere & drinks were on point.Special Features:
- Weekend fun but food quality downPowerLunchGuruVIPDined on 5/31/2014Have enjoyed going to Taverna 750 but food portions have been decreasing and actually been going down in quality. Bacon was all fat and zero meat. We all left hungry after spending $30 each. This is third month in a row we left disappointed. However, ambience and status as hot spot for weekend remains, overshadowing what would otherwise have been negative experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My T750CafeReviewVIPDined on 5/30/2014This place is amazing. The servers always know how to take great care of there tables, and well apologize if they ever keep you wait. They really make you feel like you're not at a restaurant, but a guest in their own homes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster ServiceDisappointeddinerDined on 5/27/2014We have previously dined at Taverna 750, but this time we were very disappointed. Our first appetizer came out in a timely fashion but when we ordered our entrees, we waited about 45 minutes, ordering another appetizer to hold us over. Finally, after an hour, we asked our server where our food was and he said that he was busy and must have forgotten to put the order in. He was very unapologetic. We took our check and left.Special Features:
- Second time and I will be backKeriDined on 5/27/2014Great little find, delightful drink menu and solid food. The fried risotto is a stand out as is the sprout salad. The service is super friendly and helpful with suggestions. If you don't try the peanut butter and chocolate torte you just missed something you will be thinking about for days.Special Features:
- Good food bad serviceFoodieNtrngDined on 5/24/2014This service from this experience was horrible. Being thrown around asking if we want a table inside or outside and we say outside. Then being asked by the same person again where we want to sit was confusing W ended sitting inside at a table that had 3 sidecar bowls in it from the table next to us, meaning the table had not been cleaned recently. The person who sat us apologized but never came back to wipe our table down from the water from the bowls. We waited 15 minutes for 2 martins and then another 20-25 for the 3 pieces of bruschetta. Normally the service isn't this bad but I almost left because I was so dissatisfied. I would try it but don't wait 20 minutes for bruschetta, it's tasty but not worth waiting that long for it.Special Features:
- DisappointingAneighborVIPDined on 5/24/2014Food came out before our drinks and all 8 dishes served in under 15 minutes. Means all precooked and could tell. We were so rushed and the service was non existent. Felt like more tables were crammed in for holiday weekend. I come here a lot and brought friends in from out if town and was embarrassed.
- Absolutely fabulous!RaulnLuisVIPDined on 5/23/2014As always, delicious food with martinitis to die for and handsome gorgeously dressed men serving. This is a must stop with our friends visiting from abroad- it never fails they are always impressed! Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Would order everything on the menu!HideepkDined on 5/23/2014Food is excellent, service is great and ambience is awesome! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Shared Plates!MandiVIPDined on 5/23/2014The shared menu style is perfect for small groups. The food is always great and the martini's and drinks are a treat as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Smokey Paloma Drink is a mustBig10GirlDined on 5/23/2014The food was good but the Smokey Paloma drink was awesome. The service was good and attentively, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!JoonDined on 5/4/2014We have only been a few times, but it gets better and better. Martini list is awesome. The small plate choices are innovative and truly delicious. The staff is festive, attentive, and helpful. This is a fun, neighborhood gem. It also is reasonably priced. All things combined, this is a wonderful restaurant to stop in to eat at the bar or bring friends to enjoy a warm evening dining outside. We really do love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 501 reviews are from the Taverna 750 reviews archive.
- Best BrunchTbschicagoVIPDined on 5/4/2014Great place to meet friends for a boozy brunch, food is terrific!Special Features:
- Great drinks and foodarianeVIPDined on 5/2/2014A great place to have dinner and drinks. Love their small plates. Will get to know your neighbors because the tables are pretty close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Helena26Dined on 4/28/2014What a great place! Really good food! We were 9 girls, celebrating BDay, all of us loved the food, the wine. Try the mushroom rissoto - delicious !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T750 Continues to Deliver...TomSVIPDined on 4/28/2014...great food, great service and a great atmosphere. T750 is definitely my favorite place to meet with friends for great food and/or great martinis. The servers are always very friendly and the seasonal menu with some constant house favorites is a great value. I have yet to take anyone there for their first time that hasn't gone back on their own with their friends.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNike23Dined on 4/28/2014All I can say is I was very impressed with my overall experience. I had the hanger steak ( perfectly cooked and seasoned) and the apple pie a la mode was the best way to end the meal. The drinks were good as well. The waiter Brock was extremely nice, knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedNYCfoodiesnobDined on 4/27/2014I was really hoping I'd like this place since it's different for the neighborhood and close to my apartment. But I'd rather it not be all you can drink mimosas if the service is going to be so slow and unhelpful. If anything could make up for it, it would be the food but unfortunately that was terrible as well. My veggie hash was all tasteless couscous and uncooked shredded potato. The other dishes looked better but incredibly heavy and small for the price. My friend who suggested the place actually apologized for how bad it was. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- AmazingckmooreDined on 4/26/2014I got my reservation time messed up and showed up an hour late. Even with the place packed, they were able to seat us and treated us wonderfully. I will never forget this place and will ALWAYS recommend it to anyone who loves good small plates and fantastic cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.