11648 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernla.com/
- Phone: 3108066464x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30- Close, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz and our very own Paella for $25! EVERY Wednesday of the month, from 6 - 9:30 pm throughout the restaurant.
A word from Tavern
Tavern is the third restaurant from the chef and sommelier team of Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, who also own Lucques restaurant and AOC winebar. This is their West Los Angeles outpost, which serves as a local gathering spot for the Brentwood crowd. Chicly designed by Jeffrey Alan Marks, Tavern encompasses three separate, yet connected spaces: a glass roofed atrium dining room, a large blue walled bar and a café space called the Larder that features casual dining, bakery, retail and prepared foods to go. The restaurant serves Suzanne Goin’s signature California/Mediterranean cuisine with just a touch of a classic American influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavern - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (127)special occasion (115)neighborhood gem (114)great for lunch (99)great for brunch (73)good for groups (62)vibrant bar scene (57)romantic (52)hot spot (45)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (27)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Where you do businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014Having lunch at the Tavern is a great place to eat wonderful, fresh, delightful food as well as have the privacy to talk business. Ask to sit in the Atrium.Special Features:
- Falling below their usual standardCyclingpsychiatristVIPDined on 10/26/2014The kitchen had an off night in what is usually excellent food. The swordfish was over salted and it took forever to get our food. Someone must have not shown up for work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Group BrunchDMP107Dined on 10/26/2014My parents, sister, and I came in from out of town for the weekend and met a local friend here for a lovely brunch. They had no trouble accommodating the five of us at a table (we made a reservation in advance). We all shared our dishes which the staff also had no trouble accommodating. The food was excellent, the service was attentive and gracious, and we had a perfect time.Special Features:
- FreddyDined on 10/24/2014Tavern did not dissapoint. From the food to the decor and the service. My only minor dislike are the flatscreen tv's above the bar......the space is so beautiful that it made it seem a bit sport bar-ish. I also noticed that the crowd that attends is not there to watch tv.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty and staleOnceIwasAfanVIPDined on 10/21/2014I was a big fan of the Tavern, and though the restaurant itself is very attractive, especially the atrium, the daily soup, and two vegetable side dishes unfortunately were oversalted, rendering them unpleasant to eat. Additionally, one of the cheeses from the cheese plate was stale rather than aged. The other two dishes we had ordered were fine. The noise level is intrusive -- you often have to shout to be heard or lean way in to hear what your party members are saying! This was a disappointing experience overall, perhaps it is best frequented at lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall is in the air at TavernMamaVIPDined on 10/21/2014Fall is when Tavern really hits its stride. The food is heartier, the vegetables are more colorful and warmth abounds. On our most recent visit, two of our guests were vegetarians and the vegetarian main course made them very happy. The lamb osso bucco is another tip of the hat to fall; hearty and delicious. Tavern's Steak Frites is always done to perfection. Delicious cocktails, wonderful service makes this one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles. Suzanne Goin deserves all of her accolades. She not only understands food, she understands all of the other ingredients which go into the making of a fine restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSpookDined on 10/21/2014The tavern is consistently good with few surprises. It is a favorite of mine and I recommend for business dinner, romantic evening or just a night to get out for a really good meal. Always a good spot for Sunday brunch as well.Special Features:
- pricey but goodwillewonkDined on 10/19/2014Tavern does a wonderful job of putting new life in old favorites. Went here for brunch. If you like people watching, it's five stars, pretty girls, guys and food. The grits were spectacular with an tense smokiness, eggs Benedict came with a built in salad that lightened up the dish a bit. Smoked fish was a perfect satisfying portion. Service was relaxed but friendly. Parking is free for 90 minutes in the nearby lot. WELL DONE!Special Features:
- Fun ExperiencehappydinerDined on 10/17/2014We have eaten here many times and are never disappointed. The food is delicious, service is good and the atmosphere is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhilljujuVIPDined on 10/17/2014Started out with good and interesting food and great service. Now the food has gone down hill...the service was the worst! One of my guests had her order taken wrong 3 times. About 30 seconds after they dropped off the starters, the entrees showed up and they just moved our starters to the side...mid bite, to make room for the entrees. This is one that we will not revisit. Very disappointing.
- awesome place for brunchTBearEatsDined on 10/11/2014Really, really good food, lovely ambience and not crazy pricing. A rare trifecta!Special Features:
- Good Spot for Business LunchTherealmjbVIPDined on 10/8/2014I've been here a few times recently for business lunch meetings. Good food, good ambience. Not the best for confidential conversations in bar seating area as seats are somewhat close, but that's how it is...Salads are awesome, burgers OK.Special Features:
- Loved itCalifornianativeDined on 10/7/2014Took a relative here the other day and we loved our experience. Food was great. My cousin is already planning to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Tavern has been reliably good since it opened several years ago. The menu gives enough choices, both some favorites and also seasonal selections. Certainly to be recommended.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Went twice in one week. First time had paella and rice was extremely gummy. Second time had brisket hash and eggs for brunch. Brisket very tough and not much flavor. Extremely disappointed.
- BrunchDined on 10/2/2014I went to the Tavern for a business brunch during the week. The food and service was good, although I felt there was a limited selection on the menu. I prefer the weekend brunch as there are more items to choose from than the mid-week brunch. I will definitely return to the Tavern, either for dinner or brunch on the weekend. The Tavern has a beautiful atmosphere and the service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceGr8vibespotDined on 9/30/2014Chicken entree is off the charts and the special mixed drinks ( Bourbon one ) absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningLulueatsDined on 9/27/2014It's a beautiful space with comfy seating. We had the best waiter, funny, personable and charming. The food itself was exciting and prepared to perfection and sampling of 4 desserts was the perfect ending to a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Meetng SpotSBBrunchDined on 9/27/2014Love this restaurant. Great wines by the glass. Menu is brief and every dish superb. I meet friends here every few months as it is convenient to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvelDined on 9/25/2014My salad had a tasteless dressing, when I asked for something more tart, I was brought out another tasteless dressing. Next time I will take my dressing with me. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Ya gotta goTerrybrianDined on 9/22/2014We skipped the entrée because the appetizers were too fabulous. I highly recommend the Spanish chicken. Oh, and the lamb meatballs. Don't miss the jumbo shrimp cocktail. You get the idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining qualitysheilajoyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Unfortunately our last 2 visits have been disappointing. This was our favorite spot for brunch, but the quality of the food is nowhere near what it used to be. On this visit fresh sausage had no flavor, salad was overdressed, soup was greasy, pancakes did not have blueberries as stated on the menu. We will not be returning anytime soon.
- GREATPresDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful! Had a great Brunch going back next week.Special Features:
- good but...knowswhatsgoodDined on 9/20/2014This is my second visit for brunch. We enjoyed the dishes so much last time--cornmeal waffle and brisket with eggs--that we ordered them again. I would say the food was not as outstanding as on the first visit. The brisket seemed over-salted and generally there was a subtle but noticeable difference. I hope it was just a slightly off day and this is not a trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!ThrilledCustomerDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful atmosphere. Delicious dishes. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to love it, but...compcookDined on 9/10/2014Lunching at the Tavern for my second time confirmed my first impression. The food is interesting, well cooked-- especially the chicken on the cobb salad. However the salad was limp and over dressed. My complaint is more with the waiters. They're hurried and our waiter yesterday was not very professional. I wanted to ask questions, but he dashed immediately. He was in quite a hurry. I felt unimportant.Special Features:
- WorldtravelerworldtravelerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Lovely lighting, tables not scrunched together, soft shell crab appetizer excellent, mussel and garlic sausage excellent, waiters helpful but not overbearing, responsive to our needs but never rushed, familiar with food and dishes, very pretty setting, nicely dressed clients, everything was fresh, crisp, clean and comfortable. Noise level was just a mild hum so we could all hear. Very Very comfortable.Special Features:
- Good Food but...FuFuDined on 9/7/2014Food was great but there were flies lingering around during my lunch. One landed on my mother's plane & got stuck on the food...kind of gross. We told the bus boy and he quickly took the plate away from us but never told our server. I had to wait 15 minutes before I could find my server. He quickly replaced the food. I kind of expected the bus boy would tell the server immediately. I was a bit disappointed with that. But overall the food and service was good.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBrendaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Tavern does everything right. The servers are attentive to detail and make you feel special, the dishes are creative, healthy and full of flavor and the ambiance is terrific. I especially like the atrium where you feel like you are outdoors but you have the benefit of a/c and no bugs or wind. I have been to Tavern for brunch and for lunch and will definitely return. For lunch, I love the trio of salads. For brunch, the eggs benedict with an especially light hollandaise sauce and prosciutto is definitely worth a trip.Special Features:
- good food, good crowdsarahkmgDined on 9/5/2014Food was really good, service was great. We sat in the bar area for dinner and it was a little on the loud side but great for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchLuncherVIPDined on 9/5/2014Good food selection, excellent service and 2 hr validated parking. Perfect for a nice lunch with friends. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weds. night PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/3/2014It's probably just seasonal, but we have been to Tavern for Weds. night Paella twice now, and it is delicious. Large enough to split between 2, add some salads and an appetizer. We had the lamb meatballs with feta and pine nuts, really good.Special Features:
- Solid!WinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014The Tavern is solid all around. Love the food choices, the wine, the vibe in the atrium and the service is solid. The only thing I didnt like was the way they try and promote their tax to the diners for them picking up Health Care for their employees. In a way, I should like it becasue it shows the consumer how they are being impacted by a poor choice at the election polls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreedydanapointartVIPDined on 9/2/2014I am a frequent diner at both Lucques and The Tavern. On 9/2, The 3% surcharge added to my bill was a surprise. I dine out 4 to 5 nights per week and have never experienced it elsewhere.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodlverDined on 8/31/2014Four of us were looking forward to having a wonderful brunch. Unfortunately the service was terrible and food cooked poorly. The computers were down so orders were not being placed properly. Our breakfast food took over an hour to be served. I ordered eggs Benedict and the eggs were over poached- had to send it back to kitchen. Our waiter did not bring us extra syrup, orange juice and hot toast as we requested. We had to ask 3 times. The manager never came over to apologize or offer any compensation for the poor meal. The waffle my husband ordered was cold as well. It was not a good experience.Special Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Overall we had poor service. The staff seemed to be annoyed with everyone and not very helpful. The food took long to arrive, as well as the bill. I would definitely NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- More than OKJacksterDined on 8/25/2014This was a first and much anticipated visit to a Suzanne Goin restaurant so expectations were a tad high. The bread was excellent - country style with an outrageous crust. A rather stingy offering of butter. My main course of fish tacos was bland as I was unable to top the overstuffed tacos with the accompanying pico de gallo mixture. Excellent coffee - no refills offered and dessert selections were mostly featuring ice cream or dairy products and were not that enticing.Special Features:
- Natural lightAmbianceaboveallelseVIPDined on 8/24/2014The atrium provides lovely natural light and a gracious vibrant ambience for dining. This is by far the salient reason I like to go to The Tavern.Special Features:
- Slow ServiceshewqueenDined on 8/22/2014The ambiance is great and the good is excellent. Our service was very, very slow.Special Features:
- DisappointingEZ2PleaseDined on 8/21/2014Went to Tavern with my girlfriend and her two kids on her birthday. OK, romance was not in the air, but that wasn't Tavern's fault. We went there because my GF's friends have told her it was good. I will admit there was a vibrant bar scene of attractive people. They also sat us on time and the service was attentive. The problem was the food wasn't very good and it was expensive. The highly rated chicken dish was bland and my spare rib had no more than 3 ounces of meat on it. The kids had ice cream for dessert and the birthday girl and I enjoyed the Snicker's bar. All in all it was a disappointing dining experience.Special Features: