11648 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernla.com/
- Phone: (310) 806-6464
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 11:00am, Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 5:00pm, Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm, Lunch Saturday & Sunday til 5:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
Larder open everyday 8am - 8pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French
- Executive Chef: Suzanne Goin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz and our very own Paella for $25! EVERY Wednesday of the month, from 6 - 9:30 pm throughout the restaurant.
A word from Tavern
Tavern is the third restaurant from the chef and sommelier team of Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne, who also own Lucques restaurant and AOC winebar. This is their West Los Angeles outpost, which serves as a local gathering spot for the Brentwood crowd. Chicly designed by Jeffrey Alan Marks, Tavern encompasses three separate, yet connected spaces: a glass roofed atrium dining room, a large blue walled bar and a café space called the Larder that features casual dining, bakery, retail and prepared foods to go. The restaurant serves Suzanne Goin’s signature California/Mediterranean cuisine with just a touch of a classic American influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tavern - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (104)special occasion (92)great for lunch (88)great for brunch (62)good for groups (58)vibrant bar scene (49)romantic (43)hot spot (42)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014The decor is lovely and pretty and open and airy. Whoever decorated and designed it knew what he or she was doing. The food was terrific. I always have trouble deciding between the fantastic turkey burgers and the glorious grilled cheese sandwich. Coupled with their signature fries, it's a meal you can't beat. The soups and salads are fantastic as well. Fresh and beautiful to look at as well as to taste. The warm bread served beforehand with butter and a lovely salt is comforting and pairs well with their superb salads. All in all a great place in BrentwoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to Deliveralaurain1982Dined on 11/22/2014Whenever I visit Los Angeles I always make a point to visit Tavern for a drink, brunch, or dinner. It never fails to deliver. The service is above and beyond. The food is high quality and I have never been disappointed. They have a very nice wine list...especially if you just want a glass. The actual dining space is gorgeous. Definitely give this place a try if you're in the Los Angeles area. Be sure to get an order of the frites. You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second visit, and my last.MishGDined on 11/22/2014About a year ago I had Saturday brunch at Tavern, and it was wonderfully good. There was a sweet-and-savory bacon-and-pastry dish that was worth going back for, but I thought that this time I'd try some other dishes. Boy, was that a mistake. I combined a pain au chocolat with an order of bacon and a side of fried potatoes. I specifically asked that the bacon not be done to crispness. What arrived were several cold, leathery strips, most of them crisp. Then the hostess came to tell me that they didn't have pain au chocolat; so, I ordered the almond croissant. It was dry, and stale, with some sort of too-sweet white icing -- like it needed it? I had to ask our waiter and busboy to fill my cup of decaf, since they clearly didn't care whether I had more or not. My three companions weren't wild about their meals either. And then there are the rest rooms... They're labyrinthine; and, the floor was in need of a mopping.Special Features:
- amazing food, wonderful experience.lalaDined on 11/16/2014My boyfriend surprised me with a Sunday visit to Tavern. We are L.A. natives and consider ourselves "foodies.' He ordered the brisket hash, I ordered the tavern benadict. Outstanding! Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the TavernPaulDined on 11/15/2014We got there just as servers were coming in shift, so had a bit of a wait, but overall a good experience. We started with a nice martini and the lamb meatballs (which were very good). Enjoyed the Devil's Chicken and Pork Chop for dinner. A bit pricey for what you get, but probably not for Brentwood locale. (Not our regular neighborhood, after all.) Would likely go back if we're in the area and looking for a place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service the Only IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Food and dinner service were outstanding. Our problem came with waiting in the bar until our table was ready (that's fine), and not being able to get anyone to take a drink order for about 1/2 hour. That wasn't a good way to start the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/11/2014I am never disappointed! The food, the service, and the atmosphere are perfect. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT RESTAURANTDeb4BooDined on 11/9/2014Already made reserve (under my sister's name) to go back Sunday after Thanksgiving -- we will then be a party of five (5).Special Features:
- Business Lunch at Tavern2coastsdinerDined on 11/5/2014Relaxed elegance. Never disappoints. Just Love Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Went for brunch during parents weekend at UCLA. Stunning "outdoor" patio, great service. Food is basic with fancy names and terms but perfectly varied , something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely NoisyLaReinaDined on 10/29/2014Fortunately we were given a booth at the very back of their more formal dining room. The adjacent bar area with live music created an impossible situation for conversation. They really should close off the dining room. The food was delicious. The decor beautiful and the location is very convenient for us. I recommend this location for 20 somethings for Happy Hour, but not for intimate romantic dinners. I would have given this restaurant an excellent rating if not for the noise factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where you do businessMarcellamissyDined on 10/29/2014Having lunch at the Tavern is a great place to eat wonderful, fresh, delightful food as well as have the privacy to talk business. Ask to sit in the Atrium.Special Features:
- Falling below their usual standardCyclingpsychiatristVIPDined on 10/26/2014The kitchen had an off night in what is usually excellent food. The swordfish was over salted and it took forever to get our food. Someone must have not shown up for work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014Trying to get a table here is very challenging at brunch. There seem to quite a lot of large parties so the pretty courtyard area is full which means they'll seat you in the dark blue room which is fine if you have a hangover but not if you are trying to have a nice bright relaxing family day. They accept walk-ins but apparently only for the Blue Room.Special Features:
- Excellent Group BrunchDMP107Dined on 10/26/2014My parents, sister, and I came in from out of town for the weekend and met a local friend here for a lovely brunch. They had no trouble accommodating the five of us at a table (we made a reservation in advance). We all shared our dishes which the staff also had no trouble accommodating. The food was excellent, the service was attentive and gracious, and we had a perfect time.Special Features:
- FreddyDined on 10/24/2014Tavern did not dissapoint. From the food to the decor and the service. My only minor dislike are the flatscreen tv's above the bar......the space is so beautiful that it made it seem a bit sport bar-ish. I also noticed that the crowd that attends is not there to watch tv.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always lovelyNanaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Very elegant setting, with e cel lent food and service, always.Special Features:
- Salty and staleOnceIwasAfanVIPDined on 10/21/2014I was a big fan of the Tavern, and though the restaurant itself is very attractive, especially the atrium, the daily soup, and two vegetable side dishes unfortunately were oversalted, rendering them unpleasant to eat. Additionally, one of the cheeses from the cheese plate was stale rather than aged. The other two dishes we had ordered were fine. The noise level is intrusive -- you often have to shout to be heard or lean way in to hear what your party members are saying! This was a disappointing experience overall, perhaps it is best frequented at lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall is in the air at TavernMamaVIPDined on 10/21/2014Fall is when Tavern really hits its stride. The food is heartier, the vegetables are more colorful and warmth abounds. On our most recent visit, two of our guests were vegetarians and the vegetarian main course made them very happy. The lamb osso bucco is another tip of the hat to fall; hearty and delicious. Tavern's Steak Frites is always done to perfection. Delicious cocktails, wonderful service makes this one of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles. Suzanne Goin deserves all of her accolades. She not only understands food, she understands all of the other ingredients which go into the making of a fine restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSpookDined on 10/21/2014The tavern is consistently good with few surprises. It is a favorite of mine and I recommend for business dinner, romantic evening or just a night to get out for a really good meal. Always a good spot for Sunday brunch as well.Special Features:
- pricey but goodwillewonkDined on 10/19/2014Tavern does a wonderful job of putting new life in old favorites. Went here for brunch. If you like people watching, it's five stars, pretty girls, guys and food. The grits were spectacular with an tense smokiness, eggs Benedict came with a built in salad that lightened up the dish a bit. Smoked fish was a perfect satisfying portion. Service was relaxed but friendly. Parking is free for 90 minutes in the nearby lot. WELL DONE!Special Features:
- Fun ExperiencehappydinerDined on 10/17/2014We have eaten here many times and are never disappointed. The food is delicious, service is good and the atmosphere is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhilljujuVIPDined on 10/17/2014Started out with good and interesting food and great service. Now the food has gone down hill...the service was the worst! One of my guests had her order taken wrong 3 times. About 30 seconds after they dropped off the starters, the entrees showed up and they just moved our starters to the side...mid bite, to make room for the entrees. This is one that we will not revisit. Very disappointing.
- awesome place for brunchTBearEatsDined on 10/11/2014Really, really good food, lovely ambience and not crazy pricing. A rare trifecta!Special Features:
- Good Spot for Business LunchTherealmjbVIPDined on 10/8/2014I've been here a few times recently for business lunch meetings. Good food, good ambience. Not the best for confidential conversations in bar seating area as seats are somewhat close, but that's how it is...Salads are awesome, burgers OK.Special Features:
- Loved itCalifornianativeDined on 10/7/2014Took a relative here the other day and we loved our experience. Food was great. My cousin is already planning to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Tavern has been reliably good since it opened several years ago. The menu gives enough choices, both some favorites and also seasonal selections. Certainly to be recommended.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Went twice in one week. First time had paella and rice was extremely gummy. Second time had brisket hash and eggs for brunch. Brisket very tough and not much flavor. Extremely disappointed.
- BrunchDined on 10/2/2014I went to the Tavern for a business brunch during the week. The food and service was good, although I felt there was a limited selection on the menu. I prefer the weekend brunch as there are more items to choose from than the mid-week brunch. I will definitely return to the Tavern, either for dinner or brunch on the weekend. The Tavern has a beautiful atmosphere and the service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceGr8vibespotDined on 9/30/2014Chicken entree is off the charts and the special mixed drinks ( Bourbon one ) absolutely outstanding.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningLulueatsDined on 9/27/2014It's a beautiful space with comfy seating. We had the best waiter, funny, personable and charming. The food itself was exciting and prepared to perfection and sampling of 4 desserts was the perfect ending to a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Meetng SpotSBBrunchDined on 9/27/2014Love this restaurant. Great wines by the glass. Menu is brief and every dish superb. I meet friends here every few months as it is convenient to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvelDined on 9/25/2014My salad had a tasteless dressing, when I asked for something more tart, I was brought out another tasteless dressing. Next time I will take my dressing with me. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Ya gotta goTerrybrianDined on 9/22/2014We skipped the entrée because the appetizers were too fabulous. I highly recommend the Spanish chicken. Oh, and the lamb meatballs. Don't miss the jumbo shrimp cocktail. You get the idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining qualitysheilajoyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Unfortunately our last 2 visits have been disappointing. This was our favorite spot for brunch, but the quality of the food is nowhere near what it used to be. On this visit fresh sausage had no flavor, salad was overdressed, soup was greasy, pancakes did not have blueberries as stated on the menu. We will not be returning anytime soon.
- GREATPresDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful! Had a great Brunch going back next week.Special Features:
- good but...knowswhatsgoodDined on 9/20/2014This is my second visit for brunch. We enjoyed the dishes so much last time--cornmeal waffle and brisket with eggs--that we ordered them again. I would say the food was not as outstanding as on the first visit. The brisket seemed over-salted and generally there was a subtle but noticeable difference. I hope it was just a slightly off day and this is not a trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!ThrilledCustomerDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful atmosphere. Delicious dishes. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want to love it, but...compcookDined on 9/10/2014Lunching at the Tavern for my second time confirmed my first impression. The food is interesting, well cooked-- especially the chicken on the cobb salad. However the salad was limp and over dressed. My complaint is more with the waiters. They're hurried and our waiter yesterday was not very professional. I wanted to ask questions, but he dashed immediately. He was in quite a hurry. I felt unimportant.Special Features:
- WorldtravelerworldtravelerVIPDined on 9/8/2014Lovely lighting, tables not scrunched together, soft shell crab appetizer excellent, mussel and garlic sausage excellent, waiters helpful but not overbearing, responsive to our needs but never rushed, familiar with food and dishes, very pretty setting, nicely dressed clients, everything was fresh, crisp, clean and comfortable. Noise level was just a mild hum so we could all hear. Very Very comfortable.Special Features: