Tavern Wash Park
1066 S. Gaylord St
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern Wash Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tavernhg.com/
- Phone: 3037330350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: TJ Ryan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer indoor and patio space for intimate private events. Please contact the restaurant for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Bree Smith 3032261555x
- Special Events: 1/2 off Bottle wine every Wednesday ALL DAY!
Ladies night every Thursday 9PM to close. Ladies drink free- well drinks, domestic draft beer and our house wine.
Happy Hour Monday through Friday 3PM-7PM. Buy one get one free, on domestic draft beer, well drinks and our house wine
A word from Tavern Wash Park
Tavern Wash Park, located in the historic Old South Gaylord district, is a perfect place to meet friends for happy hour, watch a game on one of the many HD TV's or enjoy a casual meal. The interior is designed with high-end architectural features. A warm mahogany bar is the centerpiece of Tavern Wash Park. Relax on one of the patios or in front the fireplace. Tues- Tavern Trivia. Wed- 1/2 off Bottles of wine. Thur- Ladies Night. Brunch Sat & Sun. with Build your own Bloody Mary bar & bottomless mimosas, and kids eat free, 2 kids per paying adult. Happy hour 3-7PM Mon- Fri (2 for 1's on domestic draft beer, well drinks and house wine). Twilight Hour Mon-Thu 7-10PM. The eclectic American cuisine is influenced by Asian, Mediterranean & Latin flavors. The menu features unique items including Mediterranean Steak Salad & Ultimate Mac 'n Cheese blended with authentic "back east" favorites like Pizza and Philly Sandwiches. "Top New Bar" 5280s 2009 Top of the TownContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern Wash Park reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Game Place to Be!DEEMVIPDined on 6/22/2014Awesome vibe for US games! The vibe was energetic and service was still good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Tavern Wash Park reviews archive.
- Good sports venue with bar foodVIPOTVIPDined on 4/19/2014Dont expect much from the food and ambiance but if you want a burger and view a game well then it is perfect.Special Features:
- Perfect day for outdoor dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/4/2014Thank you, Dan and Shay, for a perfect outdoor dining experience.Special Features:
- Great ServiceJaneCarolDined on 11/1/2013We had an awesome waitress loved the Spinach Dip app but not crazy about the BLAT Sandwich...seemed like the bacon was pre-cooked and cold. I typically really enjoy the food in this place, just chalking it off to one of those days...is was kinda slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Place!HedonistaVIPDined on 7/25/2013Thank goodness for reservations! The place was packed and the line was long. We were seated almost immediately, the food was great and the service was outstanding! Too bad they aren't open for dinner.Special Features:
- Birthday Partyhappyat70Dined on 6/24/2013We have been celebrating each birthdays together for the last 20 yrs and it was just fun to be together in a new place for us. We will be back!Special Features:
- It is a sports bar so whatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/17/2012It is a sports bar so what do you expect on a Saturday night - yes, Stanford versus Oregon. Very loud. We are older so we would appreciate a little less noise, but we came because of the food. I love the BLTA. Probably best for us to come at lunch which we will.Special Features:
- Food delicious. Too noisyanitafricklasDined on 8/25/2012Food delicious. Too noisy for us to have a conversation with our friends. We would go back but not at 7pm on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Staff was nice. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2012Staff was nice. Food was just okay. Salsa was strange and chicken salad was bland.
- We had a wonderful time andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012We had a wonderful time and experience at The Tavern. The waitress was very attentive and readily made substitutions upon request. Great place to go to watch the games on TV, talk with good friends, and have a fabulous evening. Complimentary valet parking was also a bonus!!Special Features:
- Sorry to give a thumbs downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I need to say I was so very disappointed. There was 4 of us for Easter Brunch Buffet and the selection for the price was quite poor. If this was an $ 18.00 brunch, well, OK, but for almost twice that it was just not complete. The eggs, bacon, and sausage was plentiful however. Our waitperson was not very good as we were always asking for water and soft drinks. While she was always apologetic and polite, we had to just keep reminding her to please bring us beverages. We weren't drinking any alcohol, and in all fairness maybe that was our downfall.
- Try the Mile-High Buffalo BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2011Excellent overall experience. Tavern Wash Park is a great place to watch football games. We reserved a table for three, and felt bad when our third guest was running late, but the management and servers were very gracious (especially after they seated us at a 6 top, I'm sure they were thinking that they were going to be losing money and tips). Other sports bars might not have been as friendly, but the staff here is great. The bloody mary bar is well stocked, you can make your own with all kinds of add-on ingredients like blue cheese stuffed olives, skewers with pepperoni and artichoke hearts, deviled eggs. My only suggestion might be for them to steal a move from the Sports Column and go to music when the commercials hit the airwaves.
- EpicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011Our day at the tavern in wash park was delightful to say the least. The brunch specials were exquisite as well as the drink specials. Our bartenders Ana and Dan were lovely, and the management was very hospitable with our many requests.Special Features:
- If you lots of people, lotsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011If you lots of people, lots of energy and a loud bar environment - this is the place in Wash Park. Food is your average bar food - nothing memorable...but the late night happy hour (I think after 9m) is definitely a draw.Special Features:
- noisy and the Easter buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/24/2011noisy and the Easter buffet was tired and mediocre
- This was a special brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2011This was a special brunch that they do for Easter and Mother's day. We like to go here for the special occasion times. Buffet was great.Special Features:
- LIttle hidden gem in S Gaylord!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011LIttle hidden gem in S Gaylord! Went there for valentines and they had an extensive menu just for the occasion. Excellent food, relaxing atmosphere and great hostess & waiter we had. They also have a good menu on regular nights- a good variety of things, so its great when you know picky eatersSpecial Features:
- We split the roasted chickenMilapilVIPDined on 12/7/2010We split the roasted chicken burrito and it was plenty of food for two and absolutely wonderful. The side dishes are not worth the $4.00 for the tiny portion that you receive. Looking forward to returning....keep that burrito on the menu!!Special Features:
- The Pesto Pizza was very veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2010The Pesto Pizza was very very good and the fries were pretty good as well. We walked to the restaurant and think that is is a good "barish" type food place in the neighborhood, but not the place to go for a special occasion unless your goal is to see any sports game that could possibly be on at the time. More the football scene than the anniversary dinner. The only thing that was not that great was the fact that the tables were fairly tight and there was not much room for a baby stroller and the high chairs are not the type that fit a infant car seat well. Also, the outside spray mist is a little much, felt a little damp when I leftSpecial Features:
- Servers very kind and accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2010Servers very kind and accommodating to my wheelchair bound friend. Good burgers! I like this chain!Special Features:
- The staff is pleasant andEaterVIPDined on 7/18/2010The staff is pleasant and helpful in accomadating individual requests.Special Features:
- I rated this restaurant basedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2010I rated this restaurant based on previous visits. However, this time we made a reservation at this restaurant and when we showed up, they told us that they had given all of the tables away and couldn't honor our reservation. We were told to wait for over an hour for another table to open up. We went to another restaurant that night and won't bother going back to Wash Park Tavern.
- We thouroghly enjoyed theRobertDined on 5/9/2010We thouroghly enjoyed the Mother's Day brunch! We especailly oved it that there weren't so many kidds under 8 years. Everything was nice and relaxed, and easygoing. The food was wonderful!! Thanks!!Special Features:
- This is the second year weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010This is the second year we went here for Mother's Day Brunch. This is not their normal brunch menu so take it as a once a year review. We plan to make this a traditional spot for Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Mothers day brunch was amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010Mothers day brunch was amazing, we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Brunch was fantastic, waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2010Brunch was fantastic, wait staff very hospitable and patient. Easter brunch was great experience and weel worth every dime we spent.Special Features:
- Went for Easter Brunch. ItEaterVIPDined on 4/4/2010Went for Easter Brunch. It was good for the price.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the atmosphere! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2009Enjoyed the atmosphere! The Broncos were playing so it was noisy, but fun. We ate on the patio - it was 28 degrees outside - they turned up the heat, but there was still a draft. The waitress was very accomodating, offered to move us to another table (still on the patio (but away from the draft). Overall, the entire party seemed to enjoy it.Special Features:
- While the food was good (thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/14/2009While the food was good (though the menu is a bit limited) and our service adequate to good, the noise level was overpowering and made our meal less than enjoyable. We had tried this restaurant before and found the noise level unacceptable but we gave it another try. We went early to see if the noise level would be lower. It wasn't and it proceeded to get worse the longer we were there. The final straw was when they put the audio for a football game through the PA system at ear shattering levels. We should have known that going on a Saturday night was probably not a good idea though we thought by going early we would be better off. Finally we had several periods when there was the odor of strong cigarette smoke at our table.
- I really enjoyed my dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2009I really enjoyed my dinner out with the girls. The only negative I have is that the Margarita's were not the best I've ever had. On the other hand, my niece loved her martini! The flower boxes in front of the restauraunt are gorgeous! I am going to have to go back and take some pics! Also, the advertisment that appears in the mirror in the bathroom was cool. I've never seen that before. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Mother's day brunch was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2009Mother's day brunch was wonderful. great layout of food. Everythign was delicious.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009Mother's Day Brunch. It was a special buffet just for that day so don't plan on this applying all the time. Good buffet, even for kids. A little pricey, but competes with Wash Park Grille, about 3 doors south of here. I would probably not go back for the buffet again, based more on price. The regular menu looked good and prices were more reasonable. We might go back for Sunday brunch when they are not offering the buffet.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed the EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2009We really enjoyed the Easter brunch. I wouldn't have minded even more variety for the cost, but we enjoyed our first experience at this restaurant.
- The food was really good andVellutiniDined on 2/6/2009The food was really good and the service was great! Though I didn't realize it was a full blown bar. I thought the dining area would have been away from the bar. We weren't expecting it to be so loud. I'm a little bummed out, because the food was so great I would love to eat there again (the best buffalo calamari I have every had!)but I won't be returning because of how loud it was. My friend and I were unable to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- We were going to the NewmanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2009We were going to the Newman Center for a concert and, therefore, made an early reservation (5:30 P.M.) in order to have a leisurely dinner. We informed our waitress of this and ordered drinks and an appetizer. She kept coming by to get our dinner order and we finally gave it to her with the admonition that we did not want to be hurried. Before we had gotten half of the appetizer finished, here came our soup and salads. The food was O.K., not great......no seasoning in the meat loaf. And when the bill came, it was totally incorrect. This is not a place we will put on our favorites list.Special Features:
- It was "just okay". I wonderedsnowgatorDined on 1/14/2009It was "just okay". I wondered why so many people were there. Food is good, but not great, for the price. No bread or even chips and salsa served.Special Features:
- The food is great - especiallyAnnieVIPDined on 12/23/2008The food is great - especially the salmon - I would call it upscale bar food. Also try the turkey pot pie, its great. It's always busy, fun and energetic. Hard to get a table on busy weekend nights, so plan ahead, but its also worth the wait. Glad we have a great new restaurant to walk to on South Gaylord.Special Features:
- Slow service and the otherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2008Slow service and the other patrons were loud to the point that convesation at our table was impossible.