343 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Fort Point Channel
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tavernroad.com/
- Phone: 6177900808x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Monday - Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 5:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
Late Night Dining - Sunday - Wednesday 11:00 p.m.-12:00 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday 11:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Louis DiBiccari
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With our globally inspired Street Foods menu in our adjacent cafe. Tavern Road can provide catering for most occasions. For more information please email Amy@tavernroad.com
- Entertainment: In-house music system.
- Special Events: Tavern Road can do semi-private functions to full buyouts. For more information please email Amy@tavernroad.com
- Public Transit: South Station Parking Garage 750 Atlantic Ave Boston, MA 02111
1. Head north on Atlantic Ave toward East St 0.3 mi
2. Turn right onto Congress St Destination will be on the right 0.3 mi
343 Congress St Boston, MA 02210
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the adjacent parking lot on Congress Street.
Parking Garage located on Farnsworth St.
Street Parking - please be aware of resident parking signs.
Parking lot directly across the street on the corner of Congress St and Farnsworth St.
A word from Tavern Road
Tavern Road balances the energy of the neighborhood’s emerging business community and thriving arts scene with a space that is welcoming to all. Book-ended by a lively open-kitchen and an expansive bar space, from any vantage point. Tavern Road provides a vibrant atmosphere for guests to gather, dine and enjoy the epicurean styling and entertaining energy of the Tavern Road team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tavern Road - Best Restaurants in Fort Point Channel ›
Tavern Road reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (49)vibrant bar scene (41)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (31)hot spot (24)special occasion (19)late-night find (12)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A modelFoodtravelerDined on 8/22/2014To help you vet out my review, I am a foodie. :) From the service to the variety to the food execution, it's spot on. We have dined here three times and while I love trying new spots, TR does such a good job it is hard to stray away. The menu is printed daily and flexes to what is in season, but favorites stick around for a bit (you must try the crispy yet soft inside chickpea bites, they are amazing as a starter) Worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyDinnerClubVIPDined on 8/20/2014The service is excellent and the drink is good too, where it lets itself down is the cost for the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is great, just not great value. Worth trying if you see something on the menu you just have to try (the bacon jar is quite the appetizer).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were concerned that the noise level and crowd would be overwhelming on a Saturday night but were pleasantly surprised by the relatively low key nature of the place. The menu is small but very interesting and all the dishes we had were creatively and tastefully prepared. Good use of seasoning and nice fresh ingredients. We will return. Our only wish is that the music be turned down.....Special Features:
- Memorable night at Tavern RoadJHM2000VIPDined on 8/11/2014We went in with a group of 6 for a business dinner. We threw away the menu and Louis (owner / chef) brought us a tasting menu that demonstrated the entire range of his culinary skills. Small plates included delightful chick-pea cheese cubes and savory lamb meatballs. Next was an impressive charcuterie board with dry aged Italian meats. The salad course was the best kale salad ever. A handmade pasta course had a perfect balance. The entree was a delicately roasted Chilean sea bass that fed the whole table accompanied by a summer succotash of heirloom tomatoes and sweet corn, richly seasoned potato gnocchi, and baby zucchini. Dessert was 5 handmade ice creams / sorbets. Four hours after walking in we left with smiles on our faces. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCaptainKenDined on 8/4/2014The on-line menu was the attraction and the reality did not disappoint. Everything tasted wonderful and we liked the fact that most of the food was locally sourced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodloverVIPDined on 7/30/2014Me and my wife love coming here for special occasions, the DiBiccari brothers always make us feel special. thanksSpecial Features:
- Great food, fun birthday place.oftenobliviousDined on 7/24/2014The food at Tavern Road is great, and really, quite a fun treat for special occasions. I would really recommend coming here for birthdays for someone in their 20s-30s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014Tiny portions served "a la carte" for $25-29. Wasn't even that good. Not many options and no specials. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Great food and great vibeMGF11Dined on 7/17/2014The food and drinks were terrific, service very attentive. My only gripe was the noise level - very high - but I would definitely go back. Cavalli was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud but tastyNoisyDined on 7/15/2014We had a well prepared meal but struggled to hear each other even at an early dinner on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was not overly crowded but music was blasting from the bar and overpowering the dining area. The air conditioning units were dripping over our seats and we had to move tables twice to not be dripped on during dinner. This was my second time here but I will think again before coming back. The food is quite good but it is hard to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!DanoDinesDined on 7/11/2014A friend who lives in the neighborhood recommended the restaurant for a last minute Friday night reservation...everything was exceptional. I had no idea about the menu and was pleasantly surprised....five types of bacon appetizer & other pork dishes! My friend enjoyed the local caught bass for dinner! Great energy and Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We have dined there 3 times and found the food an service outstanding. It is a very unpretentious place. The attention to detail is really appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stephanVIPDined on 6/21/2014service is definitely not on par with prices. they need to either educate their servers about the menu or get more experienced servers. also, it seems like the place is turning more into a bar scene rather than a restaurant. on a recent saturday night, the dining room was only one third full while the bar was packed. not a fun experience for the prices..
- Great Restaurant!LuckyDined on 6/14/2014This is a great restaurant--great food, great atmosphere, and great and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Fort Point AdditionLoveThatDirtyWaterVIPDined on 6/14/2014Fort Point already has some powerful players with Barbara Lynch's Sportello and Menton along with Ming Tsai's Blue Dragon, not to mention Joanne Chang's Flour bakery. Tavern Road is in the same class, and may even be upping the ante. The wine list is both comprehesive and complimentary to the menu. Their approach to food is in the new philosophy of restaurants: locally sourced and use eveything. The bar has everything you could imagine. Our dinner was remarkable. The small batch pork belly/bacon cubes braised in pineapple was a memorable appetizer. Decadent yet surprisingly light. The saffron rice with meat ends was magical. The carbonara was out of this world. We'll be back. Many time I expect.Special Features:
- Just Not That GoodPfd1234VIPDined on 6/12/2014Service was not good--pacing of meal was horrible. Apps right away, and then over an hour for the mains. And overall, the food does not justify the hype--it is a bit of an amateur feel. This is esp. so with all the great spots in the Fort POint neighborhood. It is horribly loud as well. The bar was packing--maybe we will stop back for drinks.
- Tavern RoadiliketoeatfoodVIPDined on 6/11/2014The service is outstanding here - it really is. The waitstaff is well informed about what's on the menu, and that's key, because it's a fairly unusual menu. The portions were perfect. The pre-meal bread - DELISH. Really, everything was good. And it was easy to try something new - but selecting what to try was a bit harder, since it all sounded great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good timeEandJakeVIPDined on 6/10/2014Cool food very interesting flavor combinations. Will be going back again soon.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was boring and overpriced. Drinks not great either. Looks like a dining room at a college.
- A Great FindHurldoggDined on 6/7/2014Another new restaurant in the Fort Point area that doesn't disappoint. First impression are everything and I was pleased to be seated at a two person table that wasn't jammed up next to several other tables, like you find at many places nowadays. I thought our waiter was a bit soft-spoken at first as I had a hard time hearing him describe the specials, but it may have been the noise level. He turned out to be very friendly, had a lot of great suggestions, and was super attentive. And the food was outstanding. Couldn't have been more pleased to have stumbled onto this gem.Special Features:
- Good stuffGoodstuffDined on 6/7/2014Excellent dinner, food was scrumptious and drinks were tasty! Waiter was knowledgable and staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunnosnowVIPDined on 5/31/2014Love a place with not too many choices, but something unique and interesting across meat, fish, pasta, and poultry. If you are looking for basics - not the place to go. However if looking for creative, but not weird, variations - great place to have a drink and an interesting meal with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- These guys know what they're doingpoppy525Dined on 5/30/2014Tavern Road is a tight ship. Menu, presentation, and service are all well thought out and seamless. The design is inspired by artists in this Italian family, and the space in infused with character and depth. The scene is energetic and fun. I recommend this place to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Tavern Road reviews archive.
- Delicious and InnovativeJay1111Dined on 4/27/2014Delicious, innovative food with a lively bar scene. Fortunately, my wife and I were dining early on a Sunday evening, which allowed us to enjoy the food and the ambiance of dining at the bar without it being too loud. For starters we had an order of the Lamb tartare and two of the six selections from the house-made charcuterie - a thinly sliced salami and several slices of chicken rillette. Both of the charcuterie selections were top-notch. For main courses, my wife had the striped bass, which was perfectly cooked with a nicely crisped skin, while I had the roast suckling pig. Again, well seasoned and well cooked. We also shared side orders of the rosemary fried potato and gnocchi while even saving room for dessert! We'll be back!Special Features:
- On the Money!BostonAASVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything was great about this place. The cocktails were amazing. The food was delicious and the staff was accommodating and friendly! A must go!Special Features:
- great place for drinks!MandyLewDined on 4/25/2014I love Tavern Road for drinks - the food was okay but the drink and bar scene would be a reason to go back.Special Features:
- Varied menu & gluten-free friendly!KHGFVIPDined on 4/18/2014Service was great. Food was fantastic- the chickpea bites were to die for. I was excited that as someone who is gf, I could eat most of the menu. And it was great value - for 2 people we had 3 apps, 2 entrees and one drink each for less than $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceNightOwlVIPDined on 4/11/2014If your looking for finger licking food, and outstanding service, Tavern road is your destination. We were blessed to have Ryan the bartender and he made our visit unbelievably enjoyable and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh ~ pretty good I guess...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2014Atmosphere is good - bar area was busy for a Wednesday night. We were all pretty intruiged by the menu, but most meals fell a little flat. Weird seasonings on the ribeye were off-putting, I couldn't eat more than 2 bites - making it the worst meal of the bunch. Sea bass was pretty tasty - but not worth going back for. My friend who had the lamb liked it pretty well, and the flat iron steak was pretty average. Total bill was pricey with a few cocktails added. For the price and food, doubt we'll be back.
- Can't beat the food...mcolfordVIPDined on 4/4/2014From the cocktails and starters through the desert, there wasn't a single misstep among the five of us who enjoyed our fantastic first meal at Tavern Road. Even the dinner rolls were delicious! Their li'l snacks were particularly yummy, we had a couple orders of fried chickpea bites, and the whipped goat milk feta on mini-english muffins were so good I immediately ordered another batch! So many great deserts too, but you know me, I can't resist a cookie plate, even when I'm already full (I took most of them home). They were wonderful. Hats off to the chefs at Tavern Road. It is a pretty noisy dinner spot though, so be prepared to shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After work drinksSteveDined on 4/3/2014Good drinks but would benefit from having a variety of draft beers in addition to the bottles, apps were tastey and service, while slow to bring the first round, was very attentive thereafter. Very vibrant and good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Appetizers were all mouth-watering.OliverStDined on 3/21/2014Appetizers were all mouth-watering. We tried the chickpea bites and spaetzle as a table and everyone loved them. Main dishes were also excellent (flatiron, risotto with crab, and burger). Service was quick and responsive. However, noise level was pretty high - would love to see them get some noise dampening interior elements, so that I could hear the conversation without leaning over the table all night. Overall, a wonderful surprise and we will be headed back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/20/2014Food was very good. Service was bad. Took forever to get a drink after we sat down. Took forever to get refilled. Slow and unenthusiastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With the risk of soundingMackyDined on 3/15/2014With the risk of sounding a bit cranky, the noise level was deafening. I had difficulty in hearing the waiter's questions or comments. Other than that, however, the restaurant was memorably great. The food was innovative and fresh, our server was skilled and attentive without being annoying. Watching the kitchen "perform" was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegienoneDined on 3/13/2014Food was great but would like more vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IllusionKMACDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant gave the illusion of being a foodie joint/gastropub type place, but the actual food quality and taste didn't match up. Servers were very knowledgeable but too busy and slow. Hostess was unfriendly.Special Features:
- Average food experienceValuevibeDined on 3/11/2014Restaurant has potential, however food portions are small, limited menu.... We asked for black pepper to season our food - response was "sorry we don't have black pepper."???!????? Average experience. Good for drinks.Special Features:
- Not amazing...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/4/2014The food sounds better than it actually was. The lamb ossa bucco was tasty, but the flank steak with chimichurri was a miss - bland and the sauce left an oily taste in your mouth. The charcuterie board was also not as good as it could be - the duck liver mousse was wonderful but the whole dish needed some acidity, maybe a pickle or some stone ground mustard? The service was very good and the decor was cool, and unpretentious. Overall the experience was pleasant but I left feeling unsatisfied and that I paid too much for it.Special Features:
- Louis' LegacyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014The Tavern Road experience ranks at the top of my list for the past three years. The food was fresh, clean, and truly local. The ambiance was fabulous with local art and vibrant scene to enliven the dining experience. And the service was second to none. We were there to celebrate my wife's birthday and on our way out everyone gave her well wishes. For the price and overall experience, the value is tough to beat. The food was better than many of the top restaurants in the city for a reasonable price. I could see Barbara lunch taking a night off from Menton across the street to enjoy a nice evening. I would highly recommend Tavern Road to anyone looking for a good night out in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent quality, friendlyBJC01Dined on 2/21/2014Consistent quality, friendly service, innovative menu...What ;more could you want in a local restaurant!Special Features: