7401 East 1st Ave
Denver, CO 80230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tavernhg.com/lowry
- Phone: 3033660007x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Russ Dammer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tavern Lowry features unique spaces for private events. Maximum capacity in the entire facility is 375 (more if the event is a flow). The large inviting bar near the entry is accessible from all sides and is complemented with intimate booth seating along the windows. Overhead TVs are mounted throughout. This area opens out onto the adjoining patio. Our beautiful patio features a gazebo bar, koi pond and fire pit. The dining room opens onto both the enclosed and the main patios. The Soiled Dove Underground below Tavern Lowry is a very unique space and can accommodate up to 400 guests. There is the option to reserve both of these locations together.
- Private Party Contact: Bree Smith 3032261555x
- Entertainment: Also part of The Tavern Hospitality Group, The Soiled Dove Underground is directly below Tavern Lowry. Long-heralded as one of Denver's premier locations to see a concert, the Soiled Dove has a reputation for bringing quality acts to Denver. With each seat no more than 45’ from the stage, the Dove is Denver’s intimate concert experience. Appetizers & cocktails are available to enjoy during shows. The venue is also known as a unique space for large private events. AWARDS - Best Intimate Concert Hall, Best Small Venue & Best Soundman by Westword. Shows are age 21+ unless otherwise noted.
A word from Tavern Lowry
Tavern Lowry is in a beautiful space just Southeast of LoDo. Voted "Best Bar in a Bar" by 5280 Magazine, Tavern Lowry is a perfect place to meet friends or watch a game. Tuesday - Tavern trivia. Wednesday – 1/2 off bottles of wine. Sat. & Sun. brunch complete with build your own Bloody Mary Bar and bottomless mimosas, and kids eat free, two children per paying adult. Happy hour 3-7 p.m. Mon.-Fri. (2-for-1 domestic drafts, house wine, and well cocktails). Twilight Specials Mon-Thur 7-10 p.m. Late Night Specials Mon-Fri 10-close. The Eclectic American cuisine in this warm neighborhood tavern is influenced by Asian, Mediterranean & Latin flavors. The menu features an extensive selection of unique entrees, sandwiches and salads including Buffalo Latke Reuben, New England Clam Chowder, Pizza & Philly Cheese Steak SandwichContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern Lowry reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great!nonameDined on 6/14/2014We come here often since we live in the neighborhood and always have a pleasant experience. Thank you for accommodating our request for a quiet place to dine.Special Features:
- Great for happy hourMaddietDined on 6/13/2014Tasty appetizers and wine list at a fair price. Happy hour, BOGO with plenty of room for groups. Noise isn't bad even for the World Cup crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 150 reviews are from the Tavern Lowry reviews archive.
- Great before a show!AuroraFoodieDined on 4/26/2014If you are going to a show at The Soiled Dove or the local live theater at Lowry's John Hand Theater (Spotlight or Firehouse), go to dinner at The Tavern Lowry first or go for a adult beverage and appetizers after. The food is superb and well-priced. They have a great selection, so you can go with almost anyone. We had excellent service as well. Overally, our dinner was fantastic and we will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Connection belowTheSaucheechDined on 4/22/2014It serves a purpose, and that is it's proximity to the Soiled Dove Below. It's a vibrant atmosphere, too vibrant as you cannot carry a dinner conversation due to it's very load roar acoustically. I was also shocked at the lack of dinner entrees on the menu. Although it's mainly a beer and burger venue, a larger variety of dinner selections would be beneficial to the patrons that frequent " down under" on a regular basis. I will go back on a performance night, but until they quiet the room down and add menu items, I'd probably go elsewhere when not attending a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceanightonthetownDined on 4/16/2014Service was very good. Food was fine. Enjoyed the show at the soiled dove after dinner. All great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good PizzaFoodieFanVIPDined on 4/8/2014As a party of five, we enjoyed dining at the Tavern Lowry. Over the years, we have tried an assortment of pizzas and they are always good tasting with a good crust. On this occasion, we tried the Buffalo and also the sausage with bell peppers - both very good. They also have a delicious and fresh house salad. Our server, Byron, was friendly and attentive and it was a pleasure having him take care of us.
- Dinner before Jazz ConcertScherpDined on 3/21/2014The Tavern is a great location for dinner since it is directly upstairs from the Soiled Dove Underground. Good food, service and very convenient for concert goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice for lunchBrianPDined on 3/19/2014Great place for a business lunch or dining that's a step up from the chains like Applebees.Special Features:
- Dine before concertRio06Dined on 2/22/2014This was our second or third time to The Tavern prior to a jazz concert. We were running 15-20 minutes behind and I called and the hostess was very accommodating. When we arrived no wait for our table. Fish and chips were awesome and tasty. The steak frites were great. Service was attentive without being too intrusive. Of course, the Alex Bugnon concert was nice. Great venue to dine prior to concert or event in the Soiled Dove Underground.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less stellarSnowellenVIPDined on 2/13/2014We've eaten here numerous times but this was the first time we were less than impressed. From the host having to make a second trip to bring a kids menu, asking for thin and crispy pizza but getting doughy pliable crust, that pizza being delivered after the wrong pizza was delivered first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014This was our second visit. We live in Arvada, but both times we met people from other parts of metro-Denver, so it wasn't that inconvenient. We were very satisfied both times. The servings were quite large and tasty. A good experience!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantFoodyVIPDined on 1/8/2014This is an okay place to go for a quick lunch or dinner. Food is good, although not exceptional. Easier than having to go to Cherry Creek and parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love you restaurantPeggiDined on 12/19/2013Have been the Tavern @ Lowry several times - usually just before heading downstairs to The Soiled Dove for a concert. Staff is always friendly and attentive. Love love love the food, selection, presentation and taste! Thank youSpecial Features:
- A Great Place to EatEgret78Dined on 12/12/2013We used to eat here all the time when we worked at the old Lowry Air Force Base. The food is still delicious and the service still wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Soiled Dove Show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2013All four of us really enjoyed the experience. We were there to see Robben Ford at the Soiled Dove. A good natured young man greeted us at the door...we stood there for no more than a few seconds and we were seated in a booth...which we had requested. A very cute little young lady named Val served us and she was very quickly to greet us and get drinks..food came up before we knew it and everything was very good! Roast Beef Sand, fish and regular tacos, and poached salmon! Good stuff..The whole place seemed to be very well run by people were actually glad to be there! We'll be back..I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsBrunchDined on 12/8/2013It was great, i met a friend that has been through some tough times recently and we were able to talk and feel like we were not being interupted or overheard.Special Features:
- Busy Saturday NightGT42Dined on 12/7/2013Knowing that the Tavern at Lowry is generally busy on a Saturday evening I made reservations on Open Table. When we arrived we were immediately seated. Had an enjoyable meal, trying a few things that I don't normally find on a chain restaurant's menu; the BLTA and Nachos (not the pile of chips covered with cheese one sometimes gets). The food was very good and the service was outstanding. Watched a little football on the many screens and went on to our evening activities. Overall a very good experience. I've eaten here before and will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for casual dining, bar food.FrequentTavernerDined on 12/7/2013We love the Lowry Tavern-always have. The staff is beyond compare for friendliness and efficiency. But isn't it time for the Tavern, as the only large venue in our "small town" of Lowry, to offer more real dinners? Bar food only goes so far, and we'd love to choose the Tavern for more nice evenings out with friends and family. With a captive market of locals with money but little time who would rather eat out than cook, there's no competition. Their salmon is ok; steak frites doesn't cut it for a real meat lover, and they don't offer a rare French Dip which implies precooked beef Maybe offer a baked chicken entree or one really terrific Filet cooked to order with shoestring fries. For now, we'll continue doing lunch, which is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow nightTysonDined on 11/9/2013We reserved a table anticipating that the restaurant would we packed because of the big college football games. But the place was not busy at all. The food was ok. The waiter mixed up our drinks. 1 entree' was missing spinach. We pointed it out to the waiter and he brought out a side of nasty spinach. overall it wasn't too bad of a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lowry Hot SpotanitafricklasDined on 10/19/2013Dinner was terrific. We went there before a play at the John Hand Theater and had a wonderful time. Don't miss this gem when you are in the Lowry area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but...GoodVIPDined on 9/28/2013There wasn't a lot of choices on the menu. My husband ended up ordering fish and chips and it was more like fish fingers and fries. I guess it's good as a sports bar because they had several TV. Definitely don't go there for a quiet evening.
- date nightdatenightDined on 9/14/2013My hubby & I were going to Soiled Dove for a chow & figured Tavern was a good choice for dinner. We were pleased with our food (Fish & Chips, Chicken Enchilada) and loved our drinks! I had a Moscow Mule, 1st time, yummy! The patio looked great, but it was during our recent rainy (!) weather so we couldn't check it out.We were happy to see they have late night offerings, sometimes it's so hard to find something not divey later at night. We'll definitely try it again, especially before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as Usual!GirlbartendingVIPDined on 8/18/2013Easy relaxed environment for those who wish to watch a sports event or just have a casual dinner. Food is a great value and service always very good. It's a family favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2013Wife and I went here before a concert at the Soiled Dove which is directly underground. It was a Wednesday and their happy hour specials are pretty good. We got a bottle of wine for half price and a pizza for $10 and our total came out to less than $30. It's pretty hard to beat that deal! Our wine was delicious (Zen of Zin) and the pizza was pretty good too. The pizza was a little floury and the marinara they use is on the sweet side, but I still enjoyed it. We got a waitress who just got done training, but really couldn't tell. She did a decent job. Manager also stopped by and filled my wifes water glass since our waitress hadn't gotten to it yet. Overall, a pretty good place with good deals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As AlwaysGirlbartendingVIPDined on 7/31/2013We love going to Lowry Tavern! Great place to hang out with friends or have a fun casual date night. Good food, friendly service. Better deal than a typical bar/food place.Special Features:
- Server the worst experience ever!LadybyrdDined on 7/13/2013. I thought all bases were covered? Made table reservations for our party. Purchased tickets for Steely Dan Tribute at 8:00pm. Reservations are made for a reason. Our server, Dane! was a hot mess from the initial contact 20 minutes after being seated. We saw plenty people come, order, eat and leave. No attention at all! Could not find this server. Asked other servers to locate him. Bottom line our burger and two chicken sandwiches that arrived at 7:45pm. If we could located Dane at 7:30 he would have known the food was too late for us. Instead Dane approaches with cold food and an attitude. I asked for the manager, who was right behind him. What possible reason could be given for one hour service for sandwiches. There was something WRONG
- One of my favorite Lowry spots!MilapilVIPDined on 7/3/2013One of my favorite Lowry spots! Everyone is very friendly. The food is ok....could be improved upon. Great bar atmosphere. Trivia is a pain on Tuesdays because it is soooo loud! Avoid Tuesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in this part of townFoodyVIPDined on 6/13/2013Hard to find a good restaurant with ample parking. A nice break from congested Cherry Creek!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysGirlbartendingVIPDined on 6/7/2013Great as always! Better than average sports bar food, good service and plenty of TVs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PredictableeatoutalotVIPDined on 6/7/2013The Tavern chain of local "pubs/beer and burger" joints provides typical bar food in a typical setting.. Not going to win any culinary prizes for either food, preparation, presentation, or service. But they are a reliable spot for a decent enough burger and ice cold beer if that is what you are hankering for.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Found the food to be just OK. Nothing special. Was hoping for more upscale diner fare but food seemed to be more what you'd expect at a bar. Wine list was lacking. More or less grocery store lower range juice. I would go back but with a different expectation of watching a ballgame and enjoying some beer/appetizers rather than enjoying a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunch was delicious.shayDined on 3/31/2013Easter brunch was delicious. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Easter brunch was a disaster!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Easter brunch was a disaster! The food was cold, overdone, small selection and overpriced. We have gone to the. DTC location many times but will not go back to the Lowry location.
- The food was very good andlcoolVIPDined on 3/30/2013The food was very good and there is a big variety to chose from. The Mediterranean Steak Salad was great and my husband had the Italian sub which was a generous serving and good. Our waitress was not only friendly but very helpful and attentive.
- This is a nice place for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013This is a nice place for a gathering. As a romatic eatery it is not ideal because the noise level is pretty high. We were going to a show downstairs so it was definitely convenient. I think we will return.Special Features:
- Food was cold in lots of spots.DaleDined on 3/8/2013Food was cold in lots of spots. Like it had been previously chilled/frozen and not completely reheated. Yuck.
- sherriOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013It was great. I love that soiled dove venue is below it.Special Features:
- Service was ok, they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2013Service was ok, they were not to busy but he wasn't to attentive. Had major issue with them not crediting us the OpenTable reward.Special Features:
- great visit again!AYJYVIPDined on 1/22/2013This was the second time my husband and I dined at this restaurant. We enjoyed it on this visit just as much as we did the first visit. The menu has a large selection to choose from with some pretty creative items. The only bad thing was that it was a little dark in the corner where we sat for dinner. Other than that, everything was wonderful!! Great happy hour choices, prices were not bad, and we were definitely full and pleased with our food choices. We will probably return for a third visit then next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- First visit to the TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013First visit to the Tavern at Lowry, server was very friendly, food delicious, like all the tv's. Noise was more loud than energetic. Overall a great first time.Special Features: