Tavern In The Village
3901 Prairie Lane
Prairie Village, KS 66208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern In The Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taverninthevillage.com/
- Phone: (913) 529-2229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00PM, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Zeb Humphrey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tavern In The Village
Tavern In The Village is a classic American styled restaurant that features great salads, sandwiches, seafood, steaks and pastas. It is our goal that individuals feel comfortable coming in for a business lunch, happy hour, dinner with the family or a night out with friends. We provide genuine hospitality in a warm and inviting yet stylish atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tavern In The Village - Best Restaurants in Prairie Village ›
Tavern In The Village reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (28)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (23)special occasion (23)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (14)romantic (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Such a great spot!nonicknamesplease13VIPDined on 11/15/2014We love this place! You are always met with smiles and we appreciate the personalization of the staff when it comes to their customers! We took another couple for dinner who had not been there before and they had such a great time and experience! We were a bit disappointed that the "Catch of the Day" was gone by 7ish but that happens sometimes. We will also anticipate and look forward to experiencing some new food offerings in the upcoming year added to those old favorites on the menu. The food is always prepared well and is wonderful. We are fortunate to have the Tavern in Prairie Village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have ate at Tavern in the Village several times.TrixieDined on 11/14/2014Had the salmon. It was perfectly cooked. Have never had a bad meal at Tavern in the Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR WAITERESSS WAS OUTSTANDING IN EVERY ASPECTOTALPEDVIPDined on 11/12/2014FOOD DRINKS AND SERVICE WAS 110%....OUR PARTY HAD THE BEST TIME AND WILL BE BACK SOONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceKerrymDined on 11/11/2014The food was wonderful, as always. Our waitress this last time was exceptional....recommending favorites, answering all of our questions, and very friendly. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Ladies Who LunchBlancheVIPDined on 11/10/2014We have a monthly lunch group and the count varies from time to time. Your staff was very accommodating when we added another at the last minute. Everyone loved their food selections and had a lovely time, too. thank you to your brilliant waitress, your perfect location and wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Joe1215Dined on 11/2/2014Good food and good service. We will be back! Great for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Our food and service was perfect. We love the dessert donuts!Special Features:
- Great BrunchCrashVIPDined on 11/1/2014We really enjoyed our brunch and, the service was amazing. Thank you. Brought a friend who had never been before and he was quite impressed.Special Features:
- Royals fever!LuvSeasons52VIPDined on 10/25/2014The bar is great for World Series games, great pub food, excellent & friendly servers, and a great neighborhood feel. We loved it, even though the Royals didn't win that nite! Still a great nite with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, prices and serviceluv2dineDined on 10/24/2014Service was very good, waitress was very attentive without being overbearing, food was very well presented and tasty. prices while somewhat in the high side were acceptable for the quality of the food. Very nice restaurant with inviting atmosphere. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service, food, atmosphere, server and all round great brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!Catty2Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and service. Nice evening. Wanted something different and the menu has a lot of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014The owner, Kelly is great and is always walking around making sure your meal, service is alright. Its great to see the owner have such a strong presence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Questionable trafficgirlsniteoutDined on 10/6/2014Our server was great. The only downfall was the constant flow of people walking through the outdoor dining area (some with dogs!). Is there any way to block this to force those that are not restaurant patrons to use the sidewalk outside of the eating area?Special Features:
- Prairie Village TavernLostartofdinigVIPDined on 9/26/2014This store has upped its food quality every time we come. Service is prompt and cook times are spot on. The pricing is incredibly competitive for the area and you really get a bang for your buck. We go for the entrée salads and they are hard to beat for the price. First time to have the spinach and scallop salad and it may have been the best yet. So glad they are in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great lunchPVmomDined on 9/22/2014I had the special salad and it was great, with grilled shrimp, lemon, quinoa. I didn't want too much kale, so the server suggested using romaine. Great idea - it was perfect. Great service.Special Features:
- Great diningdinelocalVIPDined on 9/21/2014The Tavern is a wonderful local favorite. The dining is casual and the food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasure!!BullfamDined on 9/21/2014We live in south Overland Park, but are NEVER disappointed when we visit Tavern in the Village. The wait staff is knowledgeable, friendly and enthusiastic, but not overboard. There is always a choice on the menu that fits my vegetarian/vegan preference, or they are happy to accommodate what I need. If you're in the mood for a splurge, the homemade donuts and beignets are a delightful dessert. We've been for brunch, lunch and date-night dinner and have always had a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever improvingJulesDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is a neighbourhood gem. Informal and family friendly, it is a relaxing place to be, although the noise level can get a little high sometimes. The acoustics could be improved, they need to call in an expert. Food and service were excellent. Food quality and presentation has greatly improved over the 4 years we have been going there. Quality food and at a good value, specials add variety to the standard menu that changes very little. With the re-vamping of The Village surroundings this place is set to be even more popular in the future.Special Features:
- Peach Cobbler RockserilouDined on 9/10/2014Food is always very good! This time I had a taste of the peach cobbler dessert--AMAZING flavor!!! The lemon pepper bow tie pasta was even better the next day for lunch at work. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still amazingChuckVIPDined on 9/9/2014The staff at this place is better than any in KC. Great local neighborhood dinner spot.Special Features:
- Best biscuits I have ever eaten!JcrawfordDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed a Saturday brunch with the cinnamon and sugar donuts, biscuits and gravy, and the spinach with tomato egg white omelette. It was delicious!! Excellent service and great atmosphere. We will definitely be back! The biscuits were some of the best I've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected bettermojobeeDined on 8/30/2014Not saying this was a bad experience. Just saying I was expecting better. Waiter was very nice but I thought he was slow in responding to tables needs. Also, he could not describe the food very well when asked. I had chicken parmesan and it was a little tough. My friend had pork osso bucco and it seemed to be mostly bone. My husband had the Cuban sandwich and said it was very good. Prices were a little high and all the red meats seemed to be spicy. Not good when you don't like spicy. Would not rush back here but it was ok.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceCrashVIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything was great. They are so willing to adapt any of their dishes to special requests which we certainly appreciate. And,as usual, the service was wonderful. We had a truly memorable lunch. Thank you.Special Features:
- The Tavern at Prairie VillagelovingthelocalDined on 8/27/2014To celebrate the sale of their home, I treated my Sellers to a nice lunch at the Tavern. Being one of my favorites, the Tavern never disappoints! I love the ambiance, the friendly staff, the diverse menu & of course the excellent food. My "go to" is the beef stroganoff for dinner and the yummy crab cake sandwich at lunch! My clients devoured their sandwiches; they had not experienced the Tavern at lunch time. Thank you, Kelly, for stopping by and saying hello & making us feel welcomed. Together, my clients and I had an enjoyable, celebratory time at the Tavern & a lunch that was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would return!StacelaDined on 8/23/2014We loved it here! Loved the wine and food was great. The ambience was just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I' love this place!LuvSeasons52VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful healthy menu. Friendly & attentive wait staff. Outside dining! This place has it all Thank you for a delightful outdoor dinner on Sat. nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but I don't HAVE to go backEmilyDined on 8/10/2014The food was very very good but it was a little pricey. I wouldn't be opposed to going back to the Tavern however, I would rather dine somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014The food was amazing, and the wait staff was very friendly. We did have trouble getting there, due to road construction, but that was hardly the fault of the restaurant. I would highly recommend this place for brunch, but give yourself plenty of time to get there, if you go in the next few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star All the WayALWAYSVIPDined on 8/9/2014Still my favorite restaurant! Anthony is doing a superb job. The place gets better every time we go there which is often. Always see friends, always have superb food and exemplary service. I am handicapped and they always seat me in booth one or two. Always a great dining experience!Special Features:
- A GREAT PLACE TO DINEC12345VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is our favorite restaurant and we go back back several times a month. This past week we had the Maui fish and it was over the top. I cannot say enough about the owners and the entire staff. It is like coming home.Special Features:
- The following 564 reviews are from the Tavern In The Village reviews archive.
- Ok1SR1Dined on 7/25/2014It was really loud and we were sat at a small uncomfortable table. The food was good. I probably won't be back. There needs to be better separation of bar and restaurant. Crazy kids at a table next to us. This did not feel upscale other than the prices. I was disappointedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed a good menu varied selection, at a moderate price, in the neighberhood.Special Features:
- ExcellentSandyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Good dinner options. Good food & our server was excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DessertsPandaloafDined on 7/17/2014Lovely neighborhood restaurants with great food. The desserts are amazing, especially the beignets.Special Features:
- Love the TavernBsusieDined on 7/13/2014I am so happy I've found a restaurant that I love! It has become my go-to place. Especially love it's sister place at Mission Farms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happyBerkeleyVIPDined on 7/7/2014It's great to eat at the Tavern. The food tastes fresh and is well prepared and presented. Always see someone we know. Love the friendly staff and appropriate attention.Special Features:
- Very good food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We went there for my birthday last week. Very good food $ service. Nice variety on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCdinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014Tavern is always excellent. Friendly and thoughtful staff with great food. Their menu always has great choices and the food is consistent with lots of tasty and healthy variety.Special Features:
- DeeDeeVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great menu- something for everyone and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.