Tavern In The Village
3901 Prairie Lane
Prairie Village, KS 66208Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern In The Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taverninthevillage.com/
- Phone: 9135292229
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00PM, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Zeb Humphrey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tavern In The Village
Tavern In The Village is a classic American styled restaurant that features great salads, sandwiches, seafood, steaks and pastas. It is our goal that individuals feel comfortable coming in for a business lunch, happy hour, dinner with the family or a night out with friends. We provide genuine hospitality in a warm and inviting yet stylish atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Tavern In The Village - Best Restaurants in Prairie Village ›
Tavern In The Village reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (81)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (40)vibrant bar scene (35)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (26)kid-friendly (24)good for groups (22)notable wine list (18)hot spot (16)late-night find (14)romantic (10)scenic view (5)Show More
- Expected bettermojobeeDined on 8/30/2014Not saying this was a bad experience. Just saying I was expecting better. Waiter was very nice but I thought he was slow in responding to tables needs. Also, he could not describe the food very well when asked. I had chicken parmesan and it was a little tough. My friend had pork osso bucco and it seemed to be mostly bone. My husband had the Cuban sandwich and said it was very good. Prices were a little high and all the red meats seemed to be spicy. Not good when you don't like spicy. Would not rush back here but it was ok.Special Features:
- Another great dining experienceCrashVIPDined on 8/27/2014Everything was great. They are so willing to adapt any of their dishes to special requests which we certainly appreciate. And,as usual, the service was wonderful. We had a truly memorable lunch. Thank you.Special Features:
- The Tavern at Prairie VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014To celebrate the sale of their home, I treated my Sellers to a nice lunch at the Tavern. Being one of my favorites, the Tavern never disappoints! I love the ambiance, the friendly staff, the diverse menu & of course the excellent food. My "go to" is the beef stroganoff for dinner and the yummy crab cake sandwich at lunch! My clients devoured their sandwiches; they had not experienced the Tavern at lunch time. Thank you, Kelly, for stopping by and saying hello & making us feel welcomed. Together, my clients and I had an enjoyable, celebratory time at the Tavern & a lunch that was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would return!StacelaDined on 8/23/2014We loved it here! Loved the wine and food was great. The ambience was just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I' love this place!LuvSeasons52VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful healthy menu. Friendly & attentive wait staff. Outside dining! This place has it all Thank you for a delightful outdoor dinner on Sat. nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but I don't HAVE to go backEmilyDined on 8/10/2014The food was very very good but it was a little pricey. I wouldn't be opposed to going back to the Tavern however, I would rather dine somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014The food was amazing, and the wait staff was very friendly. We did have trouble getting there, due to road construction, but that was hardly the fault of the restaurant. I would highly recommend this place for brunch, but give yourself plenty of time to get there, if you go in the next few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star All the WayALWAYSVIPDined on 8/9/2014Still my favorite restaurant! Anthony is doing a superb job. The place gets better every time we go there which is often. Always see friends, always have superb food and exemplary service. I am handicapped and they always seat me in booth one or two. Always a great dining experience!Special Features:
- A GREAT PLACE TO DINEC12345VIPDined on 8/3/2014This is our favorite restaurant and we go back back several times a month. This past week we had the Maui fish and it was over the top. I cannot say enough about the owners and the entire staff. It is like coming home.Special Features:
- Ok1SR1Dined on 7/25/2014It was really loud and we were sat at a small uncomfortable table. The food was good. I probably won't be back. There needs to be better separation of bar and restaurant. Crazy kids at a table next to us. This did not feel upscale other than the prices. I was disappointedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Enjoyed a good menu varied selection, at a moderate price, in the neighberhood.Special Features:
- ExcellentSandyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Good dinner options. Good food & our server was excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DessertsPandaloafDined on 7/17/2014Lovely neighborhood restaurants with great food. The desserts are amazing, especially the beignets.Special Features:
- Love the TavernBsusieDined on 7/13/2014I am so happy I've found a restaurant that I love! It has become my go-to place. Especially love it's sister place at Mission Farms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happyBerkeleyVIPDined on 7/7/2014It's great to eat at the Tavern. The food tastes fresh and is well prepared and presented. Always see someone we know. Love the friendly staff and appropriate attention.Special Features:
- Very good food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We went there for my birthday last week. Very good food $ service. Nice variety on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCdinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014Tavern is always excellent. Friendly and thoughtful staff with great food. Their menu always has great choices and the food is consistent with lots of tasty and healthy variety.Special Features:
- DeeDeeVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great menu- something for everyone and friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Our service is always prompt and friendly; attentive but not hovering. They keep the favorites on the menu but also keep it fresh by adding new menu items. Management is always there and wants feedback from their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The TavernKarmaMcDined on 6/20/2014Excellent service and food. It was louder than I remember from my last visit, but will definitely go again. Waiter, Rueben, was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchPattiDined on 6/20/2014From the time we walked in the door, all staff members were cheerful, friendly, professional, and courteous. Spinach salad with strawberries & scallops was terrific, portion size perfect for lunch. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Eatery North of 95thALWAYSVIPDined on 6/19/2014Consistently outstanding food and service! No matter what I'm craving I can always find something satisfying at the Tavern in the Village Vary handicap friendly. Bill McKeeSpecial Features:
- Tavern in the VillageLvGrtFoodDined on 6/15/2014Always a fun experience with great food and service. Elegant and still with a neighborhood ambiance. A great combination!Special Features:
- Special attention!DebraDined on 6/12/2014It was a ladies lunch with one member celebrating her birthday. The owner came over several times to make sure everything was fine and then they comped their doughnuts for her birthday complete with candles. They were wonderful and really cared. I would recommend the Tavern to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/4/2014The food here is excellent and varied. The mini doughnuts are yummy for desert!Special Features:
- Average food. Great serviceKCdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014We shared an order of mussels - slightly overcooked; tasteless broth. One entrée not served as ordered (bowtie past with shrimp). Food is bland. Wine was very nice. Service (Kaluki) was superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite neighborhood spotBerkeleyVIPDined on 5/23/2014We always love dinner at The Tavern. The atmosphere is perfect, friendly service, great variety on the menu, good food, always see someone we know!Special Features:
- Finally know what the big deal is.PVartmomDined on 5/23/2014This restaurant has been in our neighborhood for a while and we just now visited. I don't know what took us so long. The food was fantastic. My husband even complimented the salad. The dinner menu is a little on the pricey side but not for the quality of food you get. The staff was friendly and the experience was just the right mix of casual and elegant. Would defiantly go again.Special Features:
- Lovely neighborhood stopConcertVIPDined on 5/22/2014Always enjoy The Tavern. Great food, great service!Special Features:
- Good, but underwhelmingDavieDined on 5/20/2014I saw some other reviewers on Yelp say the food was "safe", and I guess I would agree. Nothing knocked my socks off. Calamari was good but forgettable, wedge salad was awesome. Blue cheese dressing was fantastic. Best dish of the night. The beef stroganoff was unremarkable. Noodles were overcooked and the beef, although tender, wasn't particularly flavorful, nor was the gravy. So, I'm not dying to go back, but I'm not disappointed I went. Bottom line, I expected more based on what other's had said about the place. Service was fantastic, as was the ambience.
- Nice eveningConcertVIPDined on 5/16/2014Stopped by The Tavern after a track meet. Everyone seemed to enjoy their mealSpecial Features:
- Best Leawood RestaurantC12345VIPDined on 5/12/2014The meal surpassed all expectations. We had a meeting followed by a long and fun lunch. This restaurant is one of my favorite. They have a second one in the Prairie Village shops.Special Features:
- Perfect BrunchPerfect4BrunchDined on 5/11/2014Tavern in the Village was the perfect choice for Mother's Day Brunch. A sure-fire winner on all fronts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotKCKellyDined on 5/10/2014Tavern has a great food and a very friendly and fun atmosphere. I love the the fish tacos and the shrimp and grits appetizer. People swear by the Tavern Salad. Love the bar here. It is always very fun. The owner and manager do a great job at checking in with people.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner.MickiVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food was delicious. Wonderful shrimp. Tasty peach cobbler. Great service. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- ThurslunchbunchDined on 5/9/2014Tilapia sandwich and Bruschetta - we felt both had too much bread in relation to the rest of the total entre. The person who ordered the bruschetta only ate one.....took the other 2 to a friend. The Tilapia sandwich was messy to eat.....had to eat it with a fork. When I arrived about 11:20, the owner, a waitress and a patron had an ongoing extremely loud conversation in the bar......happy, but distractingly loud.....and I was seated in the back of the restaurant. This experience was not up to your usual standard and I had encouraged 2 new patrons to come to the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 537 reviews are from the Tavern In The Village reviews archive.
- Great! Service needs a lot of work!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014We have had the same server a few times and although she does the service part fine she never smiles and is very unfriendly! This makes the entire experience unpleasant. Such a shame because they have so many great servers!!! Also came for the happy hour menu and wanted to sit outside but there was no seating. Happy hour menu isn't honored at the table. Next time we will probably go to the Blue Moose since they don't have these restrictions and we have a baby the bar seating doesn't work for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphyVIPDined on 4/30/2014Food very good, service very attentive. Noise level makes it difficult to do business.Special Features:
- MugsyDined on 4/28/2014The food was ecellent. The service was good, however even with our reservation the table for 4 was a bit too crammed and it was very busy and loud. Also it was very crowded and the service was a bit delayed because of it. I had specified that it was a birthday party but had the impression that nobody knew about it and this made it a little less special for all of us.Special Features:
- Good foodRmasDined on 4/28/2014The host staff is not very good. Always slightly rude. Never thank guests as leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.