Tavern at the Park
130 E. Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern at the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernatthepark.com/
- Phone: 3125520070x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 10:30pm & Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rene Lorenzano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Tavern At The Park offers several types of experiences in private dining, allowing you to cater your event exactly to your needs. In our Pub Room, up to ten guests can be entertained by watching the game or business presentation on the private, lap-top compatible 42” flat screen T.V., all while people watching the bar through bay windows. Our signature room, the Sky Box, offers the ability to have a sit-down dinner for 26 people or cocktails for 40 while enjoying the sights of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue from your second story perch. Our Exposition Room offers a private setting for up to 36 for a sit-down dinner and up to 50 for cocktails. Lastly, the entire second floor, with it's breath-taking views of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, can accommodate 110 people for dining and up to 200 for a cocktail party. All private rooms offer the latest in technology for presentations while maintaining that classic Tavern style.
- Private Party Contact: Tabitha Stotts 3125520070x
- Special Events: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Michigan
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Tavern At The Park offers valet parking from 11:00 a.m. until closing and allows dining guests to leave their cars at the restaurant while attending a show. Also, the Grant Park Parking Garage is located across the street and can be accessed from Michigan Avenue.
A word from Tavern at the Park
Please join us on our rooftop patio, the Tavern Tree House!! It opens Monday through Saturday at 4pm. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept reservations for our outdoor seating. Also, OpenTable points will not be rewarded for tables going to the roof. Tavern At The Park offers acclaimed New American cuisine in an upscale decor across from beautiful Millennium Park. Deep wood tones combined with leather and stone to create an atmosphere where rich Chicago history meets modern big-city style. Crain’s Chicago Business said “this elegant tavern epitomizes Chicago style and energy.” In the bar, which CitySearch referred to as “an off-the-clock cocktailers' dream”, you will find a creative seasonal drink list which offers the newest intoxicating trends as well as stylish and innovative beer and wine lists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern at the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (100)great for outdoor dining (71)good for groups (64)special occasion (60)scenic view (59)fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (47)vibrant bar scene (39)romantic (33)hot spot (32)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Not a favoreddoctoramwVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my 2nd time here at this restaurant and I experienced the food being not-so-great-at-all.
- Give me light!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Fine dining experience, but why does the restaurant have to be so dark? Had to use the table candle to read the menu and bill. Very convenient for pre- and post-performance visits - across the street from the Harris Theatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Have been to this restaurant half a dozen times and have never been disappointed. Service, food and decor/ambiance is great. The variety of dishes from comfort food to elaborate entrees are bountiful. Have always referred this restaurant to firends and business clients. We have a standing date every year to have dinner there after shopping during Christmas Holidays or seeing a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Dinnertravel2eat2shopDined on 9/12/2014We had a party of 6 and were seated right away at a round table (which i prefer so you can see and talk to everyone). We enjoyed our appetizers, the Crab Meat Artichokes were delicious, as were the salads. My husband had the special, Beef Duo and ate every bit of it. The wine and cocktails were great and we really enjoyed our server.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Excellent service. Nice atmosphere. Food was good, portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great office celebrationBKBroilerDined on 9/5/2014Our office of 8 celebrated a colleague and had a terrific lunch. Our waiter was very professional- prompt, personable and went above and beyond in his service. Everything was delicious. And, its right across from the Cultural Center and Millennium Park. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable for Upscale AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I might be a bit harsh on the service. Generally service was good, but my lunch was a business lunch: one of our party arrived a little later, there was a lot of serious discussion and the server had a little difficulty "reading" our group, etc.. But service was friendly, and they kept the glasses full. Cuban sandwich was excellent. All in all, I'll schedule other lunches here. The location is outstanding, atmosphere is right, and it's priced at the right level to keep the noisier tourists out.Special Features:
- NeeleyDined on 9/2/2014Very nice, been there several times, food is excellent, service is very good although sometimes the wait people are little over zealous with the clearing of the tables. Highly recommend lunch or dinner. A reservation is not always necessary.Special Features:
- Pricey and OrdinarypmetzDined on 9/2/2014I think I expected the food to be better than it was. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything particularly special, especially for the prices. A French dip and a glass of ice tea for lunch set me back $32 (with tip). For that price, I expect something special. It was merely good; nothing notable. The service, however, stood out as friendly, helpful and attentive, as it ought to be. My dining partner had a daily special, broiled whitefish for $25, and it looked quite good and came in a generous portion. He enjoyed it. Overall, it's not the type of place that I feel compelled to visit again, knowing that there are so many better restaurants in the city in this price range.Special Features:
- Keeps getting BetterKimbeeDined on 8/29/2014I've eaten here once a year since it opened and the food is always outstanding. Our family spent a Friday night here as a special occasion, and we were not disappointed. I would not call it kid-friendly, but my kids ate well and enjoyed their meals. The calamari was outstanding. Three people ordered steak and everyone was very pleased with their selections. My 6 year old wanted a "caesar salad" with ranch and the kitchen delivered. I highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Yum yum yumCarolyDined on 8/28/2014Luis's, our server was the best. She provided great information about all the specials and other popular items on menu. The steak sandwich was great. The tenderloin was so tender. Great seats. Great view. Great food. Wonderful space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was really just okay, but the prices were relatively high. The atmosphere seemed better suited to a business lunch than a romantic dinner.
- So somariDined on 8/22/2014Great location but food is so so and waitstaff is polite but pushes you through process and seems uninterested. Probably too many tourist that don't return. They all seem mildly annoyed.
- I can't hear myself thinkSueRVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food and service were fine but the noise level was one of the worst I have encountered. I could not hear anything without saying "what", which made it somewhat frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceIndustryVetVIPDined on 8/20/2014Best staff and owners in the biz. Pete and Don DeCastro and their team are superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't cook a hamburgeryounglionDined on 8/20/2014I ordered a sirloin burger medium well. It arrived very rare. I sent it back and it came back rare again not pink red. Obviously grilling a burger is not in the chef's repetoir. If I go back I will probably order a salad. Its hard to detroy a lettuce filled bowl. The others in my party did have a good meal though. Presentation was a little sloppy.
- Don't bother. Awful MealTheOldFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Of all the restuarants we have booked with Open Table, this is the only one that I would rate as awful. Food was thrown on the plate with no attempt at presentation, ugly looking fish and badly overcooked. To sum up, the cook should be sent back to what ever fast food joint he came from.
- Great Loop LocationMAC6VIPDined on 8/18/2014On your way to Pritzker Pavillion? Tavern at the Park is so convenient and a nice option for moderate dining. The Kentucky Bourbon beer is worth the stop...dine in our out or on the rooftop or at the bar.Special Features:
- Great late lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We had a late lunch prior to the Broadway in Chicago free concert. The flat bread pizza lunch special was excellent. A good selection of beers also. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantFlatbread32Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent service! Outdoor sitting was the best part. Food was very excellent. This is going to be one of my favorites restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BatmanDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner with very good service for a moderate price. We have been to Tavern at the Park before but tried the Prime Rib this time and will be back for more!Special Features:
- Great experience...ButtonDined on 8/15/2014We had hoped for outdoor seating on a beautiful night after a long day inside... It worked out great, our service was very good and the food was spectacular.... From the Crab Cakes and Beet Salad we started with followed by the Butternut Ravioli and Caprese Salad.... YUM.... We also had a bottle of wine and I thought it was going to add up to more than I thought, which was a pleasant surprise... Will definitely go back when downtown again.....Special Features:
- First Daterobcache8Dined on 8/14/2014Was a nice to be outside and talk. The Service was awesome and the food was good. I recommend the Key Lime Creme burlee. Was a nice time. Awesome first date.Special Features:
- Disappointed w/the front receptionUnhappyDinerDined on 8/14/2014I made reservation days before my lunch with a client. After our arrival, we were immediately ushered upstairs. Although several other guests who arrived after us, were given seats in the main dining area on the first floor, which was nicer. My guest and I were the only black face at the time waiting to be seated.
- Great date night restaurant!LaneydldDined on 8/13/2014The Tavern was beautiful, clean, the staff was super friendly and helpful, and the food and drinks were delicious, we had a great time! My husband is on crutches so a staff member helped us get to the restrooms on the second floor on the elevator and showed is exactly where to go! We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Service was not well and not friendly. We will never go again.
- Kerbs78Dined on 8/11/2014I was a little disappointed. Made reservation 48 hours prior to dining at Signature Room. We did not receive requested table next to window. I wanted to treat my niece to a fun experience. I asked if we could be seated by window; replied by a "60 minute wait", surprising on a Thursday, 2:30pm-half full dining room. (What is the point of a reservation?) Service was mediocre at best. Rarely saw our server except for refills or basic dining needs. The view is worth the dining experience. If getting reservation confirm a window table or your not getting the full experience. Food is fairly good & valued appropriately. Service could use improvement. Worth it for tourist experienceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experienceluv2eatDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went to Tavern at the Park with another couple. We had been there many times. This was the other couple's first time. We all agreed that the food was excellent, wine superb, and atmosphere was perfect. My husband has Celiac Disease, but the waitress was willing and able to accommodate him. We all had a wonderful evening and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTGJADined on 8/8/2014Delicious Food and Amazing Service. Our server went out of his way to accommodate all our requests. On top of that he was friendly, funny and knowledgeable about the menu. Our party of 8 dined there for my mother's birthday on a busy Friday night. I had been there many times for lunch, but everyone else was a first time diner at Tavern. Every single person RAVED about their meal! We will definitely be back. Be sure to make reservations, particularly for lunch during the week and dinner on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayseveningDined on 8/6/2014Tavern at the Park was the perfect wpot to celebrate our 48th anniversary! It was beautiful. The fig and prosciutto flatbread was outstanding! Wonderful service. The outdoor balcony was lovely. Seating groupings were well arranged in intimate settings.Special Features:
- Excellent Downtown RestaurantFalcaDined on 8/5/2014Super location. Close parking in Grant Park North. Across the street from Cultural Center AND Millennium Park. Didn't use the Roof-top but it looked very inviting and the view superb. Had reservations and arrived early. Seated immediately next to the sidewalk windows. Excellent, unobtrusive service. Fried calamari excellent. Lightly breaded and perfectly prepared. "Clark Street" Hummus very good (fine for a change ... but prefer traditional personally) Caprese Salad served "vertically" Excellent with baked parm slices. Watermelon Salad good ... but not exceptional. Scallops up to standard. Bookmakers Steak Sandwich a real stand-out. Our best entre'. Grouper Sandwich adequate. Over-all a fine dining experience in a choice location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodcoboVIPDined on 8/4/2014I actually joined my husband on a business trip JUST so I could return to TATP for their chicken hash. While not as delicious nor as big a serving as I'd remembered it, it was still good. Our server was attentive and accommodating. We ate in the front this time, which has a less elegant feel, but brighter and more tavern like than the more formal and darker dining rooms in the back (no bar sports tv's). I'll return, but not with the same enthusiasm. Apparently there's a new chef and I'm wondering if that's the reason for the change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business PersonhatenoisyambianceDined on 8/1/2014The noise level was too high for any kind of reasonable business conversation.Special Features:
- Love it, but where's the veggies?CynthiaDined on 8/1/2014My husband works in the Aon Building, and we've been eating here for a while. Came in this week for my birthday, and missed the crab cakes on your menu! Also, we have a vegetarian in the family.....aside from the goat cheese salad and the onion soup, not much for him to nosh. Just food for thought. We will be back. Hope the crab cakes are too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchLauraVIPDined on 8/1/2014Tavern at the Park has a wonderful location. John B was a great server and the southwest chicken was wonderful.Special Features:
- Best Steak EVERLoveGreatFoodDined on 7/25/2014I ate at Tavern at the Park a couple of years ago while on business in Chicago and had the beef tenderloin. It was the best steak I've ever had and I was hoping to get back there again one day. Well, that day happened, and it was every bit as good as I remembered. They wet age their steaks for about 30 days, which is apparently the reason they are so good. My face was telling the whole story of how fabulous every bite of that steak was, and my waiter was quite amused by my level of enjoyment.Special Features:
- family night outJojoVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had hoped to eat outside, but there was a long wait, and our kids were hungry. The hostess suggested we eat inside, and come back for dessert. It was a great idea. Once happy hour ended, the rooftop bar became less crowded, and we were able to get an area with couches...perfect for our group. Service outside wasn't great, but it the weather was nice, so we were happy to just hang out and take in the view.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014The service we received was poor. It took our waiter 10 minutes to come to our table. During the order process he was asked about the grilled vegetable salad and he raised his voice and said he didn't know and that he was a meat eater and if she wanted to add chicken or salmon to the dish. She said no and then went with another option. At no point did he come back and ask how our meal was. If I return and get the same waiter I will not stay. He was not a marvel at customer service.
- Great TimeDrenaDined on 7/25/2014I have been to Tavern at the Park several times and each time I have enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. We had some friends over from Indiana to meet us for lunch and they enjoyed the place just as much as we do. We were a party of six and they gave us an upstairs room with a minimum amount of people, so we were able to really talk and hear each other as we enjoyed the food. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, Horrible serviceKyleVIPDined on 7/24/2014As expected, the view was great due to the location near Millennium Park. Unfortunately, had the worst service that I have ever had in a restaurant. The server did not come take our drink order for nearly a half hour, even after asking other employees to find out waiter. Once the food was ordered, we did not see our server the rest of the evening. The food came out after an hour wait and after another server checked to see if anyone had come to see us yet. Then nobody brought us our bill and we were forced to ask the host for our bill. The food was average at best, but the service completely ruined the entire experience.Special Features: