Tavern at the Park
130 E. Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern at the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernatthepark.com/
- Phone: (312) 552-0070
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 10:30pm & Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jose Renoso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Tavern At The Park offers several types of experiences in private dining, allowing you to cater your event exactly to your needs. In our Pub Room, up to ten guests can be entertained by watching the game or business presentation on the private, lap-top compatible 42” flat screen T.V., all while people watching the bar through bay windows. Our signature room, the Sky Box, offers the ability to have a sit-down dinner for 26 people or cocktails for 40 while enjoying the sights of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue from your second story perch. Our Exposition Room offers a private setting for up to 36 for a sit-down dinner and up to 50 for cocktails. Lastly, the entire second floor, with it's breath-taking views of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, can accommodate 110 people for dining and up to 200 for a cocktail party. All private rooms offer the latest in technology for presentations while maintaining that classic Tavern style.
- Private Party Contact: Tabitha Stotts 3125520070x
- Special Events: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Michigan
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Tavern At The Park offers valet parking from 11:00 a.m. until closing and allows dining guests to leave their cars at the restaurant while attending a show. Also, the Grant Park Parking Garage is located across the street and can be accessed from Michigan Avenue.
A word from Tavern at the Park
Please join us on our rooftop patio, the Tavern Tree House!! It opens Monday through Saturday at 4pm. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept reservations for our outdoor seating. Also, OpenTable points will not be rewarded for tables going to the roof. Tavern At The Park offers acclaimed New American cuisine in an upscale decor across from beautiful Millennium Park. Deep wood tones combined with leather and stone to create an atmosphere where rich Chicago history meets modern big-city style. Crain’s Chicago Business said “this elegant tavern epitomizes Chicago style and energy.” In the bar, which CitySearch referred to as “an off-the-clock cocktailers' dream”, you will find a creative seasonal drink list which offers the newest intoxicating trends as well as stylish and innovative beer and wine lists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern at the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (81)great for lunch (81)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (53)fit for foodies (52)scenic view (49)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (31)romantic (29)late-night find (18)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Staff is the strong point hereEJL1VIPDined on 11/25/2014From the minute you valet, the staff are genuinely terrific. The whole dining experience is an A+. We had a pre show dinner with 4 grandchildren under 12 and they all felt like they were treated like special guests. Although a "fancy" place, they welcomed our family group as thou we were dignitaries. Great food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no kid's menu but no problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My family of 3 met a friend here after Santa's parade. The city was crowded but we walked right in and got seated. We had a reservation though. It was a little loud. Menu is decent. My husband loved the beet salad. My ceviche was better than average but not the best I've ever had. There was no kid's menu, but my 8-year-old ordered sides of homemade macaroni and cheese and brocolli and was satisfied. They were big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just What We NeededDeeDeeDined on 11/21/2014We always enjoy Tavern on the Park! Great service, varied menu, perfect location, plus good food and drinks. Who could ask for more? We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Local RestaurantFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/20/2014A frequent place for both lunch and dinner. Food and service are consistently great!. Nice ambiacne and reasonably quiet in the dining room away from the bar which can get lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zekeDined on 11/20/2014this restaurant was very convenient to the fairmont hotel and the school board convention innovember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great at EverythingIndustryVetVIPDined on 11/17/2014Whether you want formal dining, rooftop view of the stars, private banquets or a pub atmosphere, and any kind of fun food up to great steak and seafood, ALL across the street from Millennium Park, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern at the ParkBeltonVIPDined on 11/17/2014We chose Tavern because of its proximity to the Harris Theatre. In this respect, it fulfilled our expectations. Service as quite ok, but for two of our party of four, the food was not up to the quality that the menus prices would lead one to expect. Chicken Pot Pie was flavorless, and crab cakes were served at room temperature or below (reheated after request). Would not go here again, even if we have to walk farther from a neighborhood restaurant.
- Service nice, food only okDisappointedVIPDined on 11/11/2014Every time I make a reservation on OpenTable for this place, they stick us next to the bar. Apparently you have to specify that you want to be in the actual dining room??? The service was nice and the location is convenient, but the food is only ok. Bread, garlic fries, and mac-n-cheese are good. Other pastas and wings should be avoided. Very loud next to the bar.
- going to the Harris?KatrinaVIPDined on 11/10/2014A perfect spot to compliment your night at the Harris...valet the car, have a great dinner and walk across the street to the Harris!Special Features:
- CharlemagneDined on 11/10/2014Like going home to visit family or close friends. Always friendly and always excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I were both pleased to have chosen Tavern at the Park for our rare indulgence in beef. The steaks, I had the prime rib and he had filet mignon, were delicious. Side dishes were also good, especially the Irish potato cakes, I'm told will be leaving the menu (Don't do it!). The blistered green beans were also tasty, but not remarkable. We sat upstairs, which was pleasant, but too brightly lit. A request for dimmed lights was unsuccessful. Eat in the bar area, it's got more ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLynnDined on 11/8/2014The service was absolutely fantastic as was the food. A definite "must-do" when visiting Chicago. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pieb01dDined on 11/7/2014I almost always eat here when I come to Chicago. They provide great service and I always enjoy the food. They are moderately priced for a place that feels upscale and always have interesting drink options. I enjoy the chicken pot pie and almost always get that. I've taken my picky teenagers here and they have loved it. The location is easy to get to - right across from Millenium park and just off Michigan avenue. Great place to eat before the theater or if you've spent a day at one of the cities museums or other attractions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite niceJmalone103VIPDined on 11/7/2014We went for dinner with our 12yo. Loved every bit of it. Staff was right on top of things. Steak Dianeand the Pork chop special were absolutely delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rsss827Dined on 11/1/2014As a first time guest, food was really good. Service was pretty quick also. Our waitress did really good Job on checking with us often to see if we are ok or needed anything at all. So I'll definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a consistent experienceMAndersonDined on 10/31/2014I actually didn't get a chance to dine during this visit because my dining party made alternative plans - after I made the reservation. I did, however, have the opportunity for a libation from the bar. The server was very accommodating, after learnign that we would not be dining that day. I like this restaurant because the service is always great. I'll be back for confirmed dinig experience soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place by the parkAdamabouttownVIPDined on 10/29/2014If you like casual ambient dining where you can dress up or dress down and still feel comfortable and enjoy some great food and drink check out Tavern at the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, locationbellecurveVIPDined on 10/28/2014The location across the street from Harris Theatre makes this a convenient stop before a performance there. Entrance area is quite noisy, but it's quieter further inside. Manager checks frequently to see if all is going well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014A fairly ordinary lunch menu that produces fairly ordinary food.
- Just so so this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I have dined at Tavern at the Park several times before. I had lunch this week and my grilled vegetable salad was average at best. The dressing (on the side) that came with it was not good, but the waiter was very good about offering another dressing and clarifying the difference between two similar dressings. The service and ambiance are very good. I'll give them another chance and order something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We went to the Tavern on the Park before going to the Harris Theater across the street. The food was very disappointing. The menu offered some interesting food but the actual food ranged from OK to bad. Plus it had two TVs going with sports on them. No one was watching the TVs. They just detracted from the overall ambiance . I would recommend you not eat there!
- Amazing FoodLimaBravoDined on 10/24/2014I ordered the Blackhawk and it was AMAZING to say the least. We had a party of 4 and the other people ordered the scallops. I ended up stealing one of those, and they were also amazing. We had the potato cakes for a side (more amazingness). In all, I was very pleased and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & prime rib, ok filetInSearchOfGenuineGoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014We waited for a while to get a table by the window...but i guess everyone sitting there just loved their table, and no one would leave for a half hour!! (and this was past 8:30pm!) The prime rib my friend ordered was great - filet mignon i ordered? Not so. It was dry, meat not so fresh...was disappointed at the filet. Didn't even finish the tiny 8oz piece. :-/ The host did offer an appetizer dish for our wait which was nice. Great wait staff there too, and great booth tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert diningGreenQueenDined on 10/24/2014Great for pre concert dining at the CSO or Chicago TheatreSpecial Features:
- CathyDined on 10/24/2014As always the food and service were great. The wait staff is on top of things but don't hover too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch StapleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My friend and I eat lunch at TATP at least once a month. The burgers are always delicious and the service is always top notch. The hostess is always friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dressed.2.Impress.out of town guesttanne1007Dined on 10/23/2014Was entertaining important Clients from back east; wanted to show-off a bit of our beautiful downtown Chicago as well as have a successful business discussion over lunch. Requested a table with view of the park_ timing is everything & we had a gorgeous autumn day, with our table perfectly situated with a park view. Our clients were very impressed. Staff, food & service were all outstanding...thanks for helping make this important client luncheon a success! Thank you!Special Features:
- Good mealAKA1994Dined on 10/21/2014I brought my friend from NY and we had a good time. The food and wine were very good. I ordered the fish and chips and got the meatball as an appetizer. She ordered the Ahi Tuna Medallions. We shared the brownie and it was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBobandArdythDined on 10/20/2014Where to go for a quick supper before a performance? Tavern at the Park. The staff is attentive, friendly and show that they like their diners and their restaurant. The menu items don't sound flashy, but their preparation is always excellent and creative. This is one of our go-to restaurants and it never disappoints.
- FavoriteBackstepDined on 10/20/2014I attend frequent events at the Harris Theater. Tavern at the Park is a perfect venue for before performance dining; especially when friends need a location to meet up before hand. There is nothing to match the wintergarden dining area on level 3 (?). The service was top rated.Special Features:
- Relaxing and enjoyableGoBears34Dined on 10/18/2014Having lunch at a very crowded Chicago pizzeria, our dining experience here was the exact opposite. We felt stress free dining on a spacious floor that offered a beautiful view of the Chicago skyline. Everything was A+. Service, food, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- great service and delicious food!sweetestdaydinnerDined on 10/18/2014This place was recommended to me by a former employee and I was very happy. The smoked wings appetizer was delectable and wine selection was great. I ordered the roadhouse bbq burger with potato pancakes and couldnt have been happier. My fiance ordered the bookmaker steak sandwich which is their signature sandwich but he was a little dissappointed, suppossed to be thinly sliced filet but it was big chunks of meat on the sandwich, was difficult to eat, he even had to take the meat off and cut it thin himself ....a little sad for a 24 dollar sandwich. Other than that it was a great experience. Portions are very large so if you want room for dessert, share an entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEH!!CustomerDined on 10/18/2014went with cousins from NY. last minute so was happy to reserve on open table. husband has been there for lunch and thought it would be a good option near their hotel. waiter was great. had two chicken dishes and 2 tuna dishes. dry chicken, watery cold mashed potatoes and not what we expected for the tuna. (others ordered that, but were unimpressed). always difficult to complain or send food back when visiting with friends and not wanting to make a big deal. so, suffered through it. seemed very touristy. wouldn't go back.
- Very PleasedDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014Our occasion was a casual dinner with out of town guests. Food was very good overall, halibut was outstanding. Noise level was relatively low which enabled good conversation. We felt Tavern at the Park was a great choice for our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinningcelticrulesDined on 10/18/2014This was our 2nd time dinning here and it did not disappoint. Food was delicious. Our waitress was very good and not overbearing. Had a slight issue with an appetizer not being very hot. But, it didn't stop us from enjoying it! Let her and the manager know so they could let the kitchen know and they very nicely took care of it. Will definitely be back again. Great place to go before seeing a show.Special Features:
- Good but not greatRainbowDined on 10/18/2014Sat right under a light. Made me feel like I was being interrogated. Also near the waiter computers .. To busy and noisey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, welcoming servicepoppyloreDined on 10/18/2014Came here when visiting Chicago for the weekend to meet a group of relatives from out of town for Sunday lunch and it was perfect for the purpose.Special Features:
- Very good food and service!topratedVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had been to this restaurant for dessert before and it is outstanding. We tried this restaurant for dinner and were equally impressed. Not to miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern is very goodQuinnVIPDined on 10/16/2014If you have a performance at the Harris Theater, the best place to eat is Tavern at the Park. There is a varied menu, good food and fast service. My husband and I had the prime rib which was perfect temperature and very tasty at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- food portionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2014it appears relative expensive for the entree portion/size that has offered.Special Features: