Tavern at the Park
130 E. Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern at the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernatthepark.com/
- Phone: 3125520070x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 10:30pm & Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rene Lorenzano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Tavern At The Park offers several types of experiences in private dining, allowing you to cater your event exactly to your needs. In our Pub Room, up to ten guests can be entertained by watching the game or business presentation on the private, lap-top compatible 42” flat screen T.V., all while people watching the bar through bay windows. Our signature room, the Sky Box, offers the ability to have a sit-down dinner for 26 people or cocktails for 40 while enjoying the sights of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue from your second story perch. Our Exposition Room offers a private setting for up to 36 for a sit-down dinner and up to 50 for cocktails. Lastly, the entire second floor, with it's breath-taking views of Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, can accommodate 110 people for dining and up to 200 for a cocktail party. All private rooms offer the latest in technology for presentations while maintaining that classic Tavern style.
- Private Party Contact: Tabitha Stotts 3125520070x
- Special Events: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: Michigan
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Tavern At The Park offers valet parking from 11:00 a.m. until closing and allows dining guests to leave their cars at the restaurant while attending a show. Also, the Grant Park Parking Garage is located across the street and can be accessed from Michigan Avenue.
A word from Tavern at the Park
Please join us on our rooftop patio, the Tavern Tree House!! It opens Monday through Saturday at 4pm. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept reservations for our outdoor seating. Also, OpenTable points will not be rewarded for tables going to the roof. Tavern At The Park offers acclaimed New American cuisine in an upscale decor across from beautiful Millennium Park. Deep wood tones combined with leather and stone to create an atmosphere where rich Chicago history meets modern big-city style. Crain’s Chicago Business said “this elegant tavern epitomizes Chicago style and energy.” In the bar, which CitySearch referred to as “an off-the-clock cocktailers' dream”, you will find a creative seasonal drink list which offers the newest intoxicating trends as well as stylish and innovative beer and wine lists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern at the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (82)good for groups (70)special occasion (60)great for outdoor dining (59)fit for foodies (53)scenic view (49)neighborhood gem (48)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (32)romantic (30)notable wine list (19)late-night find (17)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Location, location, locationbellecurveVIPDined on 10/28/2014The location across the street from Harris Theatre makes this a convenient stop before a performance there. Entrance area is quite noisy, but it's quieter further inside. Manager checks frequently to see if all is going well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014A fairly ordinary lunch menu that produces fairly ordinary food.
- Just so so this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I have dined at Tavern at the Park several times before. I had lunch this week and my grilled vegetable salad was average at best. The dressing (on the side) that came with it was not good, but the waiter was very good about offering another dressing and clarifying the difference between two similar dressings. The service and ambiance are very good. I'll give them another chance and order something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We went to the Tavern on the Park before going to the Harris Theater across the street. The food was very disappointing. The menu offered some interesting food but the actual food ranged from OK to bad. Plus it had two TVs going with sports on them. No one was watching the TVs. They just detracted from the overall ambiance . I would recommend you not eat there!
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014I ordered the Blackhawk and it was AMAZING to say the least. We had a party of 4 and the other people ordered the scallops. I ended up stealing one of those, and they were also amazing. We had the potato cakes for a side (more amazingness). In all, I was very pleased and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & prime rib, ok filetInSearchOfGenuineGoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014We waited for a while to get a table by the window...but i guess everyone sitting there just loved their table, and no one would leave for a half hour!! (and this was past 8:30pm!) The prime rib my friend ordered was great - filet mignon i ordered? Not so. It was dry, meat not so fresh...was disappointed at the filet. Didn't even finish the tiny 8oz piece. :-/ The host did offer an appetizer dish for our wait which was nice. Great wait staff there too, and great booth tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014Great for pre concert dining at the CSO or Chicago TheatreSpecial Features:
- CathyDined on 10/24/2014As always the food and service were great. The wait staff is on top of things but don't hover too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch StapleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My friend and I eat lunch at TATP at least once a month. The burgers are always delicious and the service is always top notch. The hostess is always friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealAKA1994Dined on 10/21/2014I brought my friend from NY and we had a good time. The food and wine were very good. I ordered the fish and chips and got the meatball as an appetizer. She ordered the Ahi Tuna Medallions. We shared the brownie and it was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulBobandArdythDined on 10/20/2014Where to go for a quick supper before a performance? Tavern at the Park. The staff is attentive, friendly and show that they like their diners and their restaurant. The menu items don't sound flashy, but their preparation is always excellent and creative. This is one of our go-to restaurants and it never disappoints.
- FavoriteBackstepDined on 10/20/2014I attend frequent events at the Harris Theater. Tavern at the Park is a perfect venue for before performance dining; especially when friends need a location to meet up before hand. There is nothing to match the wintergarden dining area on level 3 (?). The service was top rated.Special Features:
- Relaxing and enjoyableGoBears34Dined on 10/18/2014Having lunch at a very crowded Chicago pizzeria, our dining experience here was the exact opposite. We felt stress free dining on a spacious floor that offered a beautiful view of the Chicago skyline. Everything was A+. Service, food, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- great service and delicious food!sweetestdaydinnerDined on 10/18/2014This place was recommended to me by a former employee and I was very happy. The smoked wings appetizer was delectable and wine selection was great. I ordered the roadhouse bbq burger with potato pancakes and couldnt have been happier. My fiance ordered the bookmaker steak sandwich which is their signature sandwich but he was a little dissappointed, suppossed to be thinly sliced filet but it was big chunks of meat on the sandwich, was difficult to eat, he even had to take the meat off and cut it thin himself ....a little sad for a 24 dollar sandwich. Other than that it was a great experience. Portions are very large so if you want room for dessert, share an entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEH!!CustomerDined on 10/18/2014went with cousins from NY. last minute so was happy to reserve on open table. husband has been there for lunch and thought it would be a good option near their hotel. waiter was great. had two chicken dishes and 2 tuna dishes. dry chicken, watery cold mashed potatoes and not what we expected for the tuna. (others ordered that, but were unimpressed). always difficult to complain or send food back when visiting with friends and not wanting to make a big deal. so, suffered through it. seemed very touristy. wouldn't go back.
- Very PleasedDisappointedDined on 10/18/2014Our occasion was a casual dinner with out of town guests. Food was very good overall, halibut was outstanding. Noise level was relatively low which enabled good conversation. We felt Tavern at the Park was a great choice for our occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinningcelticrulesDined on 10/18/2014This was our 2nd time dinning here and it did not disappoint. Food was delicious. Our waitress was very good and not overbearing. Had a slight issue with an appetizer not being very hot. But, it didn't stop us from enjoying it! Let her and the manager know so they could let the kitchen know and they very nicely took care of it. Will definitely be back again. Great place to go before seeing a show.Special Features:
- Good but not greatRainbowDined on 10/18/2014Sat right under a light. Made me feel like I was being interrogated. Also near the waiter computers .. To busy and noisey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service!topratedVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had been to this restaurant for dessert before and it is outstanding. We tried this restaurant for dinner and were equally impressed. Not to miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern is very goodQuinnVIPDined on 10/16/2014If you have a performance at the Harris Theater, the best place to eat is Tavern at the Park. There is a varied menu, good food and fast service. My husband and I had the prime rib which was perfect temperature and very tasty at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- food portionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2014it appears relative expensive for the entree portion/size that has offered.Special Features:
- Fast, Friendly Lunch!JennyVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time at Tavern at the Park and we were very pleased! Service was attentive and friendly and the food was delicious! We had the Buffalo Chicken Mac & Prime Rib Sandwich. They also got us out with our time constraints for a show - we'll definitely be back!
- Always greatABradstreetDined on 10/9/2014I always have a great meal at Tavern. The food is tasty and fresh and the service is phenomenal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2014Incredibly mundane and boring. While the preparations were not imaginative, at least have decent preparations. The snapper was ordinary, the sides completely uninteresting, the bread pudding tasteless. Attentive service and a nice setting for a business dinner. Just disappointing and with so many other options in the Loop, see no reason to return.
- Not Always A Good ExperienceJK1234Dined on 9/30/2014I work in the same building as the restaurant, and so I have frequently dined there over the years for lunch and dinner with clients. The service and overall cleanliness of the public areas sometimes can be a mixed bag, especially for a restaurant that has moderately expensive prices. If you are dining here, do not accept a table in the upstairs bar area because the service there is not particularly good as compared to the service in the main restaurant and certain items are not available (e.g., cappuccino, espresso, or even certain bar drinks if the upstairs bar is closed due to weather, and even if the downstairs bar is open).
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Food was overpriced and not real good. Too many other great places to eat in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- Really disappointingWAYNEDined on 9/26/2014I made reservations here for two before a play. First of all its ridiculous that you can't reserve rooftop tables. We were told there were nine groups ahead of us for a rooftop table. So they sat us in the back of the restaurant in a dark area in a giant booth for two people. I was going to ask to move, but my friend thought we didn't have time. A beautiful sunny day in Chicago and we are in a very dark restaurant. We ordered Salmon and I ordered the Pot Pie. Both were mediocre with the Pot Pie being incredibly disappointing since it was $19 (very small not a lot of chicken) I couldn't believe our bill was over $130 with drinks and abysmal food. Atleast the martinis were ok.Special Features:
- perfect for a business dinnertravelingthruDined on 9/24/2014The interior is warm and classic with a rich wood all around. The waiter was gracious and helpful with his explanations about the entrees. The selection in the entrees is what attracted us to choose the restaurant; from Prime Rib to seafood. The entrees were flavorful and perfect size in their portions. Highly recommend. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMisterBVIPDined on 9/24/2014If you have not tried this restaurant you should make a special effort to eat at this restaurant. It is very accessible, has valet parking that is reasonable, service is fantastic and the food is enormous and has great taste. It is a jewel in the Millennium Park area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Big DealLuv2DineDined on 9/20/2014Was celebrating my fiancé's birthday and decided to try the restaurant out as it had good reviews. Shannon was our server and he was wonderful; very attentive but not overbearing, polite, honest, and funny. He even took the liberty of giving my fiancé a delicious free dessert for his birthday. The food was.. okay. My fiancé got the Black Hawk Special. Steak was REALLY expensive for what you get; - $37 for literally... JUST the small steak. $7 side garlic fries; good portion and tasty. I got the Sweet and Spicy Rotisserie Chicken... large portion of chicken, but I wasn't a fan of the odd sweet mustard sauce smothered on top. Overall, we probably won't visit again as the food is "no big deal" but Shannon (our server) made our night enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great wings!feedmeDined on 9/19/2014The jerk seasoned wings were outstanding! Great location.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyablebroker97Dined on 9/19/2014We went here after a long day of walking the city and couldn't have been more pleased. We both enjoyed our food, but it was the service that was exceptional. I am not sure if Nashley was her first or last name, but she was fantastic. They have a beer on tap that has been aged in bourbon barrels and I have never had anything like it.Special Features:
- Not a favoreddoctoramwVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my 2nd time here at this restaurant and I experienced the food being not-so-great-at-all.
- archie118VIPDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Wonderful atmosphere Huge portions. Worth the money you spend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give me light!cj3411Dined on 9/17/2014Fine dining experience, but why does the restaurant have to be so dark? Had to use the table candle to read the menu and bill. Very convenient for pre- and post-performance visits - across the street from the Harris Theatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and great food.65RiviDined on 9/16/2014Have been to this restaurant half a dozen times and have never been disappointed. Service, food and decor/ambiance is great. The variety of dishes from comfort food to elaborate entrees are bountiful. Have always referred this restaurant to firends and business clients. We have a standing date every year to have dinner there after shopping during Christmas Holidays or seeing a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Dinnertravel2eat2shopDined on 9/12/2014We had a party of 6 and were seated right away at a round table (which i prefer so you can see and talk to everyone). We enjoyed our appetizers, the Crab Meat Artichokes were delicious, as were the salads. My husband had the special, Beef Duo and ate every bit of it. The wine and cocktails were great and we really enjoyed our server.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Excellent service. Nice atmosphere. Food was good, portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great office celebrationBKBroilerDined on 9/5/2014Our office of 8 celebrated a colleague and had a terrific lunch. Our waiter was very professional- prompt, personable and went above and beyond in his service. Everything was delicious. And, its right across from the Cultural Center and Millennium Park. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable for Upscale AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014I might be a bit harsh on the service. Generally service was good, but my lunch was a business lunch: one of our party arrived a little later, there was a lot of serious discussion and the server had a little difficulty "reading" our group, etc.. But service was friendly, and they kept the glasses full. Cuban sandwich was excellent. All in all, I'll schedule other lunches here. The location is outstanding, atmosphere is right, and it's priced at the right level to keep the noisier tourists out.Special Features: