Tavern at Lark Creek
234 Magnolia Ave.
Larkspur, CA 94925Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern at Lark Creek
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernatlarkcreek.com/
- Phone: 4159247766x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30-2:00 Dinner: Monday through Friday 5:30- until closing with Saturday, Sunday 5:00-until closing. Full Bar continuous from opening.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Wright
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tavern at Lark Creek
The Tavern at Lark Creek represents the next chapter in the life of the historic, circa 1888 Victorian Murphy House; a Larkspur landmark. Designed to appeal to diners looking for value, fun and great ambiance, The Tavern at Lark Creek seeks to capture the more casual feel diners look for today. High-backed cherry chairs and period oak tables surround a grand Carrera marble-topped table beneath a giant skylight, providing lots of great seating options for parties both large and small in the main dining room. Oak tables fill the cozy bar, which offers artisanal cocktails and wines from our proprietary tap system. The wood oven has been renewed, along with the garden. A dramatic lighted display case in the entryway welcomes diners. Chef Aaron Wright and Culinary Director Adrian Hoffman’s menu focuses on value, while remaining true to farm-to-table sensibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern at Lark Creek reviews from OpenTable diners
- worst food in Marin!tentenDined on 3/13/2014The hamburgers were dry and tasteless. The mushroom tar tine was served on soggy bread and was inedible.
- I thoroughly enjoyed my dinnerEretiredVIPDined on 3/11/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner with my son. The people were freindly and the service impeccable. Loved my food choices.Special Features:
- Tavern never disappointsNativegalVIPDined on 3/9/2014I remember my first visit to the "Lark Creek Inn" back in the '70's when I was about my daughter's age. She and I enjoyed a lovely dinner this week on her spring break from Grad School. I enjoyed the Petrale and she was delighted with pork cheeks. The warm chocolate cake to share was delish!Special Features:
- One of our favorite "go to"BarbaraDined on 3/9/2014One of our favorite "go to" restaurants - always great food and the new "revised" Lark Creek Inn now called the Tavern at Lark Creek has good pricing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Marin PlaceTravelerDined on 3/9/2014We had a great experience for a Sunday brunch. Our hostess was welcoming and efficient. The food was delicious: the brioche French toast with roasted pears and cranberries was to die for. Our waitress was excellent: professional, attentive and friendly, which is a rare combination. Prices were reasonable; the decor is warm and relaxed, with views on the surrounding redwoods. We drove from the East Bay to Marin for a hike and Sunday brunch, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewSelli5VIPDined on 3/8/2014Have always liked this place but had not been here for a couple of years. Overall I thought the food was very good but this was tempered by sub par service. Our waitress disappeared for long stretches of time and seemed uninterested. Dinner took a long time. I like to relax and not feel rushed but this went too far. Table right near us had a different waitress who was much more visible. The people at that table came in later and received all of their courses before we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak service affected our viewSfreiDined on 3/7/2014Food came over cooked. And they forgot our appetizers. And the check took far too long to bring. So lack of attention to service and quality was disruptive to the experience. Will not go back any time soon.
- A warm and relaxed eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2014We chose Tavern at Lark Creek to meet up with our son and his family because it was centered between our homes and we had experienced great food and service there many years ago. Besides 4 adults, we had two eight year olds and a 10 year old. The server was great - kids were brought a healthy (peanut butter, carrots and celery) appetizer, and she made a point of getting the kids served first, thereby avoiding potential rowdiness and discipline issues. The food was delicious - we had lamb shoulder, lamb burger, trout and petrale sole - all amazing. The servings are ample but not overwhelming, so there was room to try out desserts. The evening was very relaxed and we felt wellfed and very well cared for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchBillDined on 3/2/2014Great place to go before Oscar Night at the Lark Theater just blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of 9 and itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/28/2014We were a group of 9 and it was very, very busy Friday night. Things came out irregularly, but our server was tremendous trying to adjust and make sure things were OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What !lolaandcoDined on 2/28/2014I did not get the soup I ordered. The waitress instead of handling the problem immediately called the manager (host), a self righteous man who, when I asked upon arrival if we could have a quiet booth since we booked an early dinner (5:30) *and* the restaurant was empty,… said they were "all reserved" and "you're not the ones who come early". At our our table he asked "what's the problem". I said that I did not order crab bisque,... showing him the pieces of crab meat. He said with a straight face that it was in fact the root vegetable soup. "Why is there crab meat in it? I asked. Getting no answer I said,.."I guess it's a bonus" and he left. I ate the soup,…not unhappy with it,…but very much with the lack of customer service.
- Enjoyed our return to theSusanLVIPDined on 2/26/2014Enjoyed our return to the Tavern on Lark Creek very much. It had been about 4-5 years. Foo is vastly better and more in keeping with the reputation of old. Only complaint was the noise. Very hrs to hear across table of 4.Special Features:
- So Good and So Badlov2eatVIPDined on 2/23/2014Looking forward to the Crab dinner Lark Creek had been advertising. We were a party of 4 at 6:30 and ALL of the crab was sold out. Not happy. They were able to wrangle up one crab from Yankee Pier next door. We ordered a bottle of wine from the menu, not available either. The bottle we did get was great, the crab soup was delicious, my flat iron was perfectly done and the crab was outstanding. The crab salad did not have much crab on it so are friends were not thrilled with their dinner. Dessert was great, coffee weak (decaf and regular) Waitress attentive, bus staff inexperienced( crossing over our faces to deliver and retrieve plates. Lark Creek should be doing so much better. Hard to go back.
- Great place only good this timeRavenVIPDined on 2/22/2014I love the Tavern, it's a great restaurant I felt they were really off there game this particular visit. I didn't even have anything fancy this time ... I had the Tavern burger which is always served with both BBQ sauce and Thousand Island dressing ... neither of which I got when the meal came. I had to track my waitress down to get them and by that time my GF was done withe her meal, the ravioli, which she felt was no where near a filling meal. So while both items were well made ... the experience left a bit to be desired this time. That's unfortunate as I always look forward to a meal there ... and it's a 75 mile drive for me.Special Features:
- Love this place...Local30VIPDined on 2/21/2014This is a special place. It's ambiance, combined with delicious food makes it always a unique and romantic experience. It is chock full of wonderful memories for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've always enjoyed the ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/16/2014I've always enjoyed the ambience at this restaurant. The food was very good and the atmosphere is very welcoming. Haven't been here for a while but definitely would return.Special Features:
- Service was slow. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014Service was slow. Waitress never checked back on food. I had to eat my fish without lemon. It was so loud in the room I could not hear my partner even sitting next to him. Will not go back.
- Great valentine prix fixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Good food and service in a very nice environment. Deserts are killer!Special Features:
- Lovely diningChancellorsDined on 2/13/2014We had a lovely family Valentine's dinner the evening before Valentine's Day with our 8 year old daughter and 76 yr old mother (in-law). We all had a great time, the service was engaging, fun, and friendly. The food is very good with a fair amount being local and organic. The setting is beautiful and welcoming for all ages. It's a bit more casual than it once was and it's all the better for it, in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceGlenEllenlocalDined on 2/11/2014My husband proposed to me at Inn at LArk Creek 24 years ago. We have returned on a number of occasion and had good experiences. Our early Valentine's dinner last week was outstanding. The service was extremely attentive and the wait staff was very engaging. The food was excellent. My husband had the short ribs which were the best he has ever had and I had the ratatouille served on polenta which was excellent. All in all a terrific evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- A Lovely EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2014Always a fine place to dine, I took my wife to the Tavern at Lark Creek for her birthday. The evening became doubly special when we learned that it was also the birthday of our waitress. It was a quiet Monday evening and the ambience, service and food made this an excellent dining choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as ever...OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 2/10/2014lovely evening: food was excellent and chef was willing to modify menu to meet our tastes, service was perfect, and ambience fit our mood. thanks...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost it's luster. Used toAnonymousVIPDined on 2/9/2014Lost it's luster. Used to be a wonderful eatery..food just isn't up to par from the Lark's best days in the '80 and '90s.Special Features:
- Lark Creek TavernLAPDGPDined on 2/8/2014The food & service is always consistent and one of our favorite bars as well. They have a nice happy hour with reasonable drinks and a polite bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- work dinnerjeffgDined on 2/5/2014entertained a team from out of town here - they absolutely loved the overall design and ambiance of the restaurant. The drinks were good... the food was hot and competent, but nothing outstanding. The building itself is the main attraction - esp. on a sunny afternoon for brunch or whatnot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renewed vigordavidVIPDined on 2/1/2014Tavern at Lark Creek has returned to the standard set by Bradley Ogden at Lark Creek Inn, it's prior name. The crab chowder was rich, flavorful with more than a hint of fresh crab. The petrale sole was fresh, served over a variety of roasted vegetables. Gnocchi with shrimp and mussels were delicately sauced with a creamed seafood. Service was attentive but not overly solicitous. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationRagsVIPDined on 1/31/2014Staff extremely attentive to making it my day. my steelhead dish was awesome and I included side orders of a potatoe pancake and brussel sprouts which were also interestingly prepared. A well run place.Special Features:
- NOISE LEVELTONYVIPDined on 1/29/2014If you eat inside, the noise level really inhibits conversation.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner in MarinSpartycalDined on 1/25/2014We hadn't been to the Tavern at Lark Creek for quite awhile, and our dinner there Saturday night was a great experience. The staff figured out who the other couple that we were meeting was, and pointed them out at the bar when we arrived. They seated us on time a little later when our table was ready. Service was excellent throughout the meal, and the food and wine was excellent. It's a vibrant room, and a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, outstanding serviceeatsalotDined on 1/25/2014Our waiter was extremely professional and courteous, and he anticipated our needs a couple of times during the meal; he was the best server I've had in a long time. The food was delicious, and of course the setting of the restaurant is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic NightSoupLadyDined on 1/24/2014I took my boyfriend for the first time and the food wasn't as on point as usual. The power went out and our food took a long time to be served to us. The waitress bought one dessert for us, but that was all that was offered. I'll give them another chance since I've had so many other great experiences at this establishment.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-movie dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/21/2014We arrived early and the restaurant filled up throughout our meal. Short ribs and Petrale sole were perfect. A nice selection of wine made the evening perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasw less than outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/20/2014None of the eight in our group had anything good to say about the food. For the price, I expected it to taste good, but it was often too unusual for me to recognize the flavors. Examples " Something was dded to the fried chicken that changed the taste to one I didn't even recognize. The trout didn't taste like trout.
- Portions from bar, beer &lamorinda1Dined on 1/15/2014Portions from bar, beer & vodka were short. beer not cold enough. Waitress was okay. overall building and grounds were very nice. Had a nice experianceSpecial Features:
- Great food great service!FoodieVIPDined on 1/9/2014We dined here after thirteen years and everything was superb! The food and the service was outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:
- A favorite eateryBabsDined on 1/9/2014From the moment you arrive you feel happy and know dining at the Tavern is going to be a wonderful experience. I am never disappointed. We love the home like atmosphere and great food. It is never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJessicaDined on 1/4/2014My husband and I attended dinner at The Tavern on the recommendation of my sister-in-law. I ordered the steelhead and he the lamb fusilli, and we shared a half-bottle of one of the less expensive sauvignon blancs and a butterscotch pudding. Our waitress was always there precisely when we wanted her; she was helpful, kind and attentive. We had hoped to be seated in the main dining room, but we were placed in the back room near the kitchen. The atmosphere wasn't as nice as in the other room, but the service and food more than made up for it.The steelhead was the best salmon dish I've eaten, and it's what I usually order. I was floored by how balanced the dish was in both flavor and texture. This was a wonderfully memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great fresh and flavorful food!nikkiDined on 1/4/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the flavor and quality of the food! Great service and nice ambiance. We will be returning regularly.Special Features:
- Best meal!JulieDined on 1/4/2014Everyone in our group of 4 had a perfect meal. The server was really wonderful - attentive enough, lovely but not demanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BOO!MonicaVIPDined on 1/4/2014This is a pretty restaurant. Some of the food was good, but my salad had WAY too much dressing, and our steelhead was too oily. Three tiny rolls with overly soft butter were never replenished. My husband's drink was very, very small, and when he mentioned it, she said that they make the drinks small so that the servers don't spill them! The service was abominable. It was incredibly slow between every phase of the dinner. When the dessert was delivered, our waitress plopped the check down on our table and disappeared. We were never asked if we wanted after-dinner drinks, coffee or tea, or anything else along the way. The manager brought our receipt and mumbled thank you with no sincerity and without looking at us. We will not be going back.Special Features: