Tavern at Clover
2851 Clover Road
Rochester, NY 14534Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern at Clover
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernatclover.com/
- Phone: 5855465800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Schnupp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tavern at Clover
A restaurant located in Rochester, NYContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern at Clover reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (31)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (27)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (17)late-night find (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Fantastic use of the old Crystal Barn space. It is nice to have the Tavern menu so close now. The Lobster Ravioli and the Shrimp with the Pumpkin Ravioli were both outstanding. The Tavern sampler was delicious as was the Caesar salad. All of the specials that night sounded great and it was really hard to decide. Overall my wife and I were happy with what we chose and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Tavern at CloverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I was disappointed with the food. The soup of the day, tomato with bean was watery, only 5 beans, no flavor and barely warm. In addition, I had the house salad and the drssing was forgotten - had to ask. I was dining with 5 other folks and the reviews were mixed - some liked their food, others didn't. Overall comments from the group - cost was high based on quality. the highlight was the waiterwho was attentative. I do not recommend this restaurant, which is a shame as it is a great location.Special Features:
- Dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Very very good. Had a celebration and they took care of us. All above average.Special Features:
- Amazing food just like downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Myself, Husband and our 3 year old son went for brunch. We were surprised to find it empty on the morning we went and could not understand why. They have done a phenomenal job in making the atmosphere warm and inviting, and the food is just as amazing as the downtown Tavern. It truly is a winner! I feel maybe the location is hard for people its basically in between everything which would be a plus, just not sure if its the business district area that kept people away for brunch? Either way this place is phenomenal we highly recommend and will return again. Great staff too, very friendly.Special Features:
- Sneaky good foodPStollerDined on 10/13/2014Despite having "Tavern" in the title, the menu variety and execution is by far upscale and on par with any 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- RobbieDined on 10/4/2014Food is always good but this was our 3rd time there and service is always slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DickDined on 9/29/2014Had a great meal the other night, but was so quiet only one other table with people. New location for The Tavern, hope business picks upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Addition to Dining ScenehappydinerDined on 9/27/2014In my opinion in order for a restaurant to be successful, 3 elements must be met: great food, attentive service and moderate prices. The Tavern at Clover meets and exceeds all of these and more. We were so happy that the old Crystal Barn had re-opened. I had always found it to be a lovely restaurant, comfortable but elegant. I was happy to see the new owners had kept the integrity of the building intact. The menu offers lots of choices, with several German dishes as options. This is a nice feature as German food is not always easy to find in the area anymore. While the decor and food selections were very nice, I was most impressed with the service, which was exceptional. We've recommended it to numerous friends & family members!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatncrsDined on 9/26/2014Our first time at this restaurant. They did a great job making it inviting and warm. The menu has something for everyone and has a great range. The service was excellent among the best we have experienced anywhere. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- amazingstratiluryeDined on 9/22/2014Slightly pricey, but well worth it! Service was amazing and responsive; we were treated like the most important diners there. Food was well crafted and beautifully plated. We have a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried Tavern at CloverRogfurtDined on 9/19/2014The panko chicken was slightly dry. Tasted pretty good, but didn't wow me. Servers were attentive. Not too noisy. Nice atmosphere. Nice to be able to park near the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockefellerDined on 9/16/2014Tasty food, but way overpriced. Ridiculously tiny portions. Very enjoyable music playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 different visitstmg1Dined on 9/13/2014I went to the restaurant a week ago with a group from work and it took all night long to get our food and dessert. Then I went with just my husband and the service was great. Dining upstairs is a better atmosphere. I would not go back if I had to sit downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough foodhungryDined on 9/13/2014When my plate came it was elegantly presented. However I was disappointed in the quantity. I ordered the saurbraten, which was one of the reasons I came because I saw it on your menu online. I couldn't wait as I haven't had it since my german Mother in law passed away in 2011. It was good but it was only 1 shortrib and no sauce. My husband ordered a hamburger and said it was ok. The other 3 people in our party liked the food but thought there could have been more. With that being said the waiter was great and so was the ambiance. Think we will come for brunch next time.Special Features:
- Amazing meal & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We booked reservations online 15 minutes before we arrived, they were ready for us and we were seated right away, The appz were amazing as was our entire meal, would highly recommend for people looing for a after 8 table on a Friday night.Special Features:
- casual and deliciousChristyDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed a dinner with family on a Friday night. The bar was busy, but not wild. The bartender was terrific. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgable, and efficient. The food was very good, in presentation and quality. This was not our first visit, and will not be our last. So happy that we have such a gem in our neighborhood. We recommend it highly to our friends.Special Features:
- Not the bestGreatDined on 9/6/2014I have been to the original many times and have always had an amazing experience. This weekend we went to the location on Clover for my birthday and it was just ok. We all ordered steaks and the doneness was not correct for most of us - not sure if it was a cooking issue or a server problem. I ordered the quesadillas and it was missing chicken and olives. For my caesar salad - the dressing was so heavy it was almost too much to eat. All in all, the food was ok but clearly prepared by a different chef. The location is great and the atmosphere was wonderful. This location offers more room so you don't feel so cramped while eating. It was also a larger space with fewer tables so the noise allowed for more conversation without having to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yetBillDined on 9/5/2014Sister restaurant Tavern 58 is a favorite of ours and I have fond memories of the Crystal Barn, so we have this a shot. Although not terrible by any stretch, I also can't say it's more than ok. Lets cover the good news first...service was excellent throughout. When my wife found the bottom bun on her crabby burger soaked with sauce (waiting too long under warmer?) our server replaced it right away and she enjoyed it after that. She would rate 4 stars, but I can't. My burger was somewhat overdone for medium...bordering on well and not juicy. The bread pudding was also a bit dry. Again, my overall rating is meh and I would go with Tavern 58 downtown instead.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner on a weeknight. The food was very good, great selection. It was pretty quiet when we left, hope it is busier on the weekends. We would definitely come back!Special Features:
- First visit under new ownershipBobHDined on 8/29/2014We were very glad to see that the new owner has revived one of Pittsford's long time favorite restaurants. Our meals, service and atmosphere were all above expectations. We have enjoyed Tavern 58 for several years and this 2nd venture - Tavern at Clover will also join our list of favorite stops!Special Features:
- New enjoyable restaurantpreppyDined on 8/25/2014We sat on the lower level inside. Our waiter was very attentive and efficient. Our drinks were well made. We love the shared salad concept that is also available at Tavern 58 which we enjoy going to. Our food was served very pleasing to the eye and our beef was cooked to our request. The tenderloin was a little tough which has not been the case previously at Tavern 58. The stuffed shrimp was excellent. We shared the bread pudding which had a good flavor. We would definitely go there again for our girls night out dinner.
- greatyoungatheartDined on 8/24/2014I frequently visit Tavern 58 downtown and thought I would give this location a try for a birthday celebration. The food was high quality and the service was excellent. We ate outside on the patio by the waterfall.Special Features:
- Great BrunchConnieDined on 8/24/2014Brunch includes $5 Bloody Mary bar - loved it. Food was great too. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchKPNLDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday Brunch, the food was delicious and service was great! We will be back again.Special Features:
- thanks!EatoutalotDined on 8/23/2014Have visited your restaurant on Gibb for years and always had a great experience. Tried your new place and very glad I did.Special Features:
- Good service but there it ends...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Had the special seafood prix fixe menu. The wedge salad was just not up to par. The bread rolls were cold and hard. The seafood fettuccini was fair but the pasta was overcooked. The dessert was good (apple strudel). We had a very good waiter and being so convenient we wanted it to be good. Sadly it was not.
- VickyofPenfieldDined on 8/17/2014I love the restaurant itself, but the food was not up to par. Three of us went to dinner. Two of us had the wedge salad, and it was very small and not the traditional version, but also not good...just lettuce, a couple of cherry tomatoes and an odd dressing. The meat in each case was delicious, but the sides were not. Either they were overdone (burnt), tasteless or strange. We were very disappointed as we heard their brunch was very good.
- LetsnotcookDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the ambience and the menu was diverse. Food was tasty. The bread was a surprise because we didn't order dinners! The bar was friendly and my son enjoyed the suggested beer. Our only complaint was the service. Fortunately we were not in a hurry...service was very slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbieDined on 8/15/2014This was a repeat visit. Food was cooked just right and waiter was very efficient and fast. Nice evening.Special Features:
- A pleasant dinner with a friendWesternNYSVIPDined on 8/14/2014Had a good meal sharing some starter and a burger with a friend. The Rohrbach's Scotch Ale was a perfect accompaniment to the food. The restaurant was not too busy which made conversation easy. Server was very attentive and got plates split for us without asking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Tavern at CloverDickDined on 8/12/2014Had great food just like we have come to expect from the Tavern People. Hope the new location is successful. Loved the new location and will be back.Special Features:
- Tavern brings back life to the BarnfratrowDined on 8/9/2014It's been a while since lifeblood flowed through the old Crystal Barn, and Tavern at Clover has done just that. Great food and stellar service compliment one another to make an excellent experience. Try the chefs specials... They're worth the trip. Great wine list too... Try upstairs AND down for very different experiences. Being a date or a bunch of friends... They can handle either. My wife and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I have been wanting to check out this restaurant for a while. We love their first restaurant, Tavern 58, and was hoping we would also love this one just as much. We ordered a bottle of white wine to start out with. It took longer than expected for the wine to arrive at our table. There also was no cooler for our white wine to be kept chilled. We then ordered two appetizers. One was really good (Smoked Shrimp), and the other not so good (Fried Peppers). My husbands seafood mix was okay. Seafood was fine, but the porridge was terrible. Server described it as risotto which it was nothing like that. My dinner (sea scallops) was very good. All in all, glad we went but we probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great Servicelulabell67Dined on 8/8/2014My family of 2 kids, my husband, and I had a very good meal. My 12 yr old had the grilled cheese of the day sandwich. Her dad and I thought was fabulous but because of the unexpected homemade, paper-thin pickles in the melted cheese she didn't like it. My 9 year old and I had the bolognese which delicious. My husband liked his steak although it was a bit short on the potato. For appetizers we had the calamari with the pineapple sauce. It was okay. I think maybe the calamari was breaded and baked and we prefer deep-friend. We also had the fresh vegetable spring rolls which I didn't care for but my 10 year old ate them all. The service was super! Only complaint: the tables are way too small. Nice single malt scotch selection, too.Special Features:
- Some concernsNothappyDined on 8/6/2014We made a reservation for a week night which definitely was not needed. The restaurant was not busy. We were seated next to another table. Why? There were many tables available and it would have been nice to have some space! The appetizer was better than my meal! Server was good but I was not offered a refill on my coffee. The wine pour was minimal. They probably get 6 pours per bottle. We will not be going back.
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The food was long time coming...staff were young and inexpereinced
- Saturday at the TaverncooksniteoutDined on 7/26/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Saturday evening dinner with a table next to large windows looking out over the sunken patio. It was the best of both worlds = the feeling of outdoor dining without the worry of rain or bugs! My friend and I enjoyed the stuffed shrimp and the risotto was wonderful. Our spouses had the schnitzel and the pork chops and we all cleaned our plates. The cheesecake trio was a refreshing change - not too heavy and with three different flavors was good for sharing. The wait-staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Definitely worth another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Off but Worth TryingWillBeBackDined on 7/25/2014While the overall experience was very good there were a couple of question marks. The appetizer was bland - insufficient seasoning. Our second drinks wer slow in coming - they claimed the bar got backed up. We shared the house salad - the fruit and dressing were excellent. My wife asked for her steak medium rare but it came medium well - despite that it tasted very good so she didn't send it back. My crab ravioli filling was good and the pasta tender around the parts where the filling was but a bit rubbery at the edges. Also, the artichoke based topping was an interesting attempt but too strong of a taste - it covered the flavor of the crab filling. There will be a next time, but we will order something else.Special Features:
- Rude, poorly trained staffAbbyDined on 7/25/2014Although we had a reservation for 7 people, we were seated in the basement at a table set for 6. Our request for a table in the dinning room upstairs was ignored. We waited over 1 hour with no food; no bread or drink refills; and no service. Several times we asked to speak with a manager - but he never appeared. We waited another 15 min. and then we left - hungry and most disappointed since we have always been a big fan of Tavern 58. Wrote a letter to the owners about our dreadful experience - never received a response.
- Great placeGreatPlaceDined on 7/19/2014Nick and his team did a fantastic job. The food was great and the service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.