Tavern at Clover
2851 Clover Road
Rochester, NY 14534Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tavern at Clover
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tavernatclover.com/
- Phone: (585) 546-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike Schnupp
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tavern at Clover
A restaurant located in Rochester, NYContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tavern at Clover reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (34)special occasion (34)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (11)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Good Food, Bad DrinksJackieDined on 11/8/2014We very much enjoyed dining at the Tavern at Clover. Good food, nice quiet dining room. Unfortunately, can't say the same for the bar. While I don't mind a "vibrant", noisy bar, the drinks, a simple gin martini and vodka/tonic, were not good.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceQuadbunchDined on 11/8/2014We were a party of 4. My friends who had 'meat and potato' type meals were quite satisfied. My wife and I had macaroni-based meals. In both of the later cases the macaroni was overcooked and had a more than usual starchy/gummy consistency. The taste was good but the consistency was not...either overcooked or reheated too much. The table service was good. We really like the bar lounge downstairs sitting next to the fireplace. Prices were reasonable.
- Average at bestSeafoodlover1Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful, strange location though. It is in an office park. 2 floors of dining a warm and inviting bar. I got the panko crusted chicken with parsnip and something like a polenta cake. Not really sure what it was. The chicken wasn't seasoned and very bland. The parsnips were bland and undercooked the polenta cake was bland dry and very crusty on the bottom so I couldn't cut through it. There was no sauce. I ate a couple of bites and that was it. Very disappointed. The thing that stinks is we love the Gibbs location but this was just a disappointmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & RusticMelEatsDined on 11/7/2014Formally the Crystal Barn for anyone familiar with it. It is gorgeous as always, quiet & cozy, and the staff are very courteous. The bread is made fresh and comes out warm, the food is presented nicely, and tastes great. Portions are reasonable so you don't feel like you not getting what you pay for, but aren't over stuffed when done either. Would love to see them add some jazz up there on occasion, the juke box downstairs is ok, but not the music I would prefer in this setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just EhOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Chicken and risotto dish was bland. Tavern chips were very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BG11Dined on 11/4/2014Great ambiance, food, music and service. A gem in Rochester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGr8diningDined on 10/29/2014The Scotch- pairing courses were superb. My husband and I agreed this was one of the two or three best dinners we have had period. The elk was a surprisingly delicious main course with just the right flavorings in the raisin apple butter sauce. The pumpkin ravioli was a fine beginning, the salad with smoked sea scallop, an excellent next course, and the cherry pie with ginger snap ice cream, the perfect ending. The Speyside Scotches well chosen for each course heightened the tastes of both. Service and pacing and environment were all up to the dinner's level. All in all, this was an exceptional dining experience, showing thoughtful planning and expert execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We had a very enjoyable experience and a tasty mealSpecial Features:
- criticalfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Nice converted barn, multilevel with bar at the entrance level. Service was good The food needs improvement. Two of us picked three courses each. Two of the six were good. Pumpkin soup: good, Salad: meager, pasta bolognese: beechnut baby food consistency, seriously overcooked, rib eye steak: 50% fat, Sundae: good, apple strudel: OK.
- Dinner with FriendsmombatDined on 10/24/2014Out with a group of 5 for dinner and conversation. Reservations thru Open Table worked wonderfully and our table was ready for us when we arrived on time. It has a quieter ambiance which I love so I can hear the whole table. Food was delicious but one companion was disappointed that her sandwich selection had sold out. Replacement sandwich was missing the meat, and the server didn't want to believe her at first. In the end, we were comped a nice dessert we could all share. By 9 pm the restaurant had really emptied out so we didn't feel rushed to turn our table over. I would recommend Tavern at Clover as a nice place for delicious pub food and a beautiful quieter-than-usual pub atmosphere. Really nice service, great parking, would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014We love Tavern 58, and were looking forward to eating at Tavern at Clover. It met all of our expectations. The renovation of this space was done impeccably, and the overall quality that we've come to expect at Tavern 58 easily transferred to Clover. The food is always outstanding, the service is always top notch, and I would highly recommend both of Tavern's locations!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Fantastic use of the old Crystal Barn space. It is nice to have the Tavern menu so close now. The Lobster Ravioli and the Shrimp with the Pumpkin Ravioli were both outstanding. The Tavern sampler was delicious as was the Caesar salad. All of the specials that night sounded great and it was really hard to decide. Overall my wife and I were happy with what we chose and can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Tavern at CloverPlamaDined on 10/22/2014I was disappointed with the food. The soup of the day, tomato with bean was watery, only 5 beans, no flavor and barely warm. In addition, I had the house salad and the drssing was forgotten - had to ask. I was dining with 5 other folks and the reviews were mixed - some liked their food, others didn't. Overall comments from the group - cost was high based on quality. the highlight was the waiterwho was attentative. I do not recommend this restaurant, which is a shame as it is a great location.Special Features:
- Dinner experienceJimboDined on 10/21/2014Very very good. Had a celebration and they took care of us. All above average.Special Features:
- Amazing food just like downtownJennDined on 10/19/2014Myself, Husband and our 3 year old son went for brunch. We were surprised to find it empty on the morning we went and could not understand why. They have done a phenomenal job in making the atmosphere warm and inviting, and the food is just as amazing as the downtown Tavern. It truly is a winner! I feel maybe the location is hard for people its basically in between everything which would be a plus, just not sure if its the business district area that kept people away for brunch? Either way this place is phenomenal we highly recommend and will return again. Great staff too, very friendly.Special Features:
- Sneaky good foodPStollerDined on 10/13/2014Despite having "Tavern" in the title, the menu variety and execution is by far upscale and on par with any 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- RobbieDined on 10/4/2014Food is always good but this was our 3rd time there and service is always slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DickDined on 9/29/2014Had a great meal the other night, but was so quiet only one other table with people. New location for The Tavern, hope business picks upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Addition to Dining ScenehappydinerDined on 9/27/2014In my opinion in order for a restaurant to be successful, 3 elements must be met: great food, attentive service and moderate prices. The Tavern at Clover meets and exceeds all of these and more. We were so happy that the old Crystal Barn had re-opened. I had always found it to be a lovely restaurant, comfortable but elegant. I was happy to see the new owners had kept the integrity of the building intact. The menu offers lots of choices, with several German dishes as options. This is a nice feature as German food is not always easy to find in the area anymore. While the decor and food selections were very nice, I was most impressed with the service, which was exceptional. We've recommended it to numerous friends & family members!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatncrsDined on 9/26/2014Our first time at this restaurant. They did a great job making it inviting and warm. The menu has something for everyone and has a great range. The service was excellent among the best we have experienced anywhere. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- amazingstratiluryeDined on 9/22/2014Slightly pricey, but well worth it! Service was amazing and responsive; we were treated like the most important diners there. Food was well crafted and beautifully plated. We have a new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally tried Tavern at CloverRogfurtDined on 9/19/2014The panko chicken was slightly dry. Tasted pretty good, but didn't wow me. Servers were attentive. Not too noisy. Nice atmosphere. Nice to be able to park near the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockefellerDined on 9/16/2014Tasty food, but way overpriced. Ridiculously tiny portions. Very enjoyable music playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 different visitstmg1Dined on 9/13/2014I went to the restaurant a week ago with a group from work and it took all night long to get our food and dessert. Then I went with just my husband and the service was great. Dining upstairs is a better atmosphere. I would not go back if I had to sit downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough foodhungryDined on 9/13/2014When my plate came it was elegantly presented. However I was disappointed in the quantity. I ordered the saurbraten, which was one of the reasons I came because I saw it on your menu online. I couldn't wait as I haven't had it since my german Mother in law passed away in 2011. It was good but it was only 1 shortrib and no sauce. My husband ordered a hamburger and said it was ok. The other 3 people in our party liked the food but thought there could have been more. With that being said the waiter was great and so was the ambiance. Think we will come for brunch next time.Special Features:
- Amazing meal & great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We booked reservations online 15 minutes before we arrived, they were ready for us and we were seated right away, The appz were amazing as was our entire meal, would highly recommend for people looing for a after 8 table on a Friday night.Special Features:
- casual and deliciousChristyDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed a dinner with family on a Friday night. The bar was busy, but not wild. The bartender was terrific. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgable, and efficient. The food was very good, in presentation and quality. This was not our first visit, and will not be our last. So happy that we have such a gem in our neighborhood. We recommend it highly to our friends.Special Features:
- Not the bestGreatDined on 9/6/2014I have been to the original many times and have always had an amazing experience. This weekend we went to the location on Clover for my birthday and it was just ok. We all ordered steaks and the doneness was not correct for most of us - not sure if it was a cooking issue or a server problem. I ordered the quesadillas and it was missing chicken and olives. For my caesar salad - the dressing was so heavy it was almost too much to eat. All in all, the food was ok but clearly prepared by a different chef. The location is great and the atmosphere was wonderful. This location offers more room so you don't feel so cramped while eating. It was also a larger space with fewer tables so the noise allowed for more conversation without having to yell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not there yetBillDined on 9/5/2014Sister restaurant Tavern 58 is a favorite of ours and I have fond memories of the Crystal Barn, so we have this a shot. Although not terrible by any stretch, I also can't say it's more than ok. Lets cover the good news first...service was excellent throughout. When my wife found the bottom bun on her crabby burger soaked with sauce (waiting too long under warmer?) our server replaced it right away and she enjoyed it after that. She would rate 4 stars, but I can't. My burger was somewhat overdone for medium...bordering on well and not juicy. The bread pudding was also a bit dry. Again, my overall rating is meh and I would go with Tavern 58 downtown instead.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner on a weeknight. The food was very good, great selection. It was pretty quiet when we left, hope it is busier on the weekends. We would definitely come back!Special Features:
- First visit under new ownershipBobHDined on 8/29/2014We were very glad to see that the new owner has revived one of Pittsford's long time favorite restaurants. Our meals, service and atmosphere were all above expectations. We have enjoyed Tavern 58 for several years and this 2nd venture - Tavern at Clover will also join our list of favorite stops!Special Features:
- New enjoyable restaurantpreppyDined on 8/25/2014We sat on the lower level inside. Our waiter was very attentive and efficient. Our drinks were well made. We love the shared salad concept that is also available at Tavern 58 which we enjoy going to. Our food was served very pleasing to the eye and our beef was cooked to our request. The tenderloin was a little tough which has not been the case previously at Tavern 58. The stuffed shrimp was excellent. We shared the bread pudding which had a good flavor. We would definitely go there again for our girls night out dinner.
- greatyoungatheartDined on 8/24/2014I frequently visit Tavern 58 downtown and thought I would give this location a try for a birthday celebration. The food was high quality and the service was excellent. We ate outside on the patio by the waterfall.Special Features:
- Great BrunchConnieDined on 8/24/2014Brunch includes $5 Bloody Mary bar - loved it. Food was great too. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchKPNLDined on 8/24/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday Brunch, the food was delicious and service was great! We will be back again.Special Features:
- thanks!EatoutalotDined on 8/23/2014Have visited your restaurant on Gibb for years and always had a great experience. Tried your new place and very glad I did.Special Features:
- Good service but there it ends...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Had the special seafood prix fixe menu. The wedge salad was just not up to par. The bread rolls were cold and hard. The seafood fettuccini was fair but the pasta was overcooked. The dessert was good (apple strudel). We had a very good waiter and being so convenient we wanted it to be good. Sadly it was not.
- VickyofPenfieldDined on 8/17/2014I love the restaurant itself, but the food was not up to par. Three of us went to dinner. Two of us had the wedge salad, and it was very small and not the traditional version, but also not good...just lettuce, a couple of cherry tomatoes and an odd dressing. The meat in each case was delicious, but the sides were not. Either they were overdone (burnt), tasteless or strange. We were very disappointed as we heard their brunch was very good.
- LetsnotcookDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the ambience and the menu was diverse. Food was tasty. The bread was a surprise because we didn't order dinners! The bar was friendly and my son enjoyed the suggested beer. Our only complaint was the service. Fortunately we were not in a hurry...service was very slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbieDined on 8/15/2014This was a repeat visit. Food was cooked just right and waiter was very efficient and fast. Nice evening.Special Features: